Thread: MTG COTD: Graven Dominator

Default MTG COTD: Graven Dominator

Graven Dominator - Guildpact. Rare
    4WW: Creature - Gargoyle
    Flying
    Haunt (When this card is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game haunting target creature.)
    When Graven Dominator comes into play or the creature it haunts is put into a graveyard, each other creature becomes 1/1 until end of turn.
    4/4

This card is a bit ehh... It's like a wanna be Wrath but it's not. I kinda like this guy in a token deck though. Haunt Elder. Next turn Sac, Overrun. Seems fun?

The Duck's Rating: 2.5/5
    Micky Onimusha: ants are strogner than bears

4/4 for six mana is okay, the ability is decent and combos nicely with Night of Souls' Betrayal. 2/5

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Trainer
    4/4 for six mana is okay, the ability is decent and combos nicely with Night of Souls' Betrayal. 2/5
    Good job on spotting the combo.

Anyways, Ill take a 4/4 flyer for six mana almost any day of the week. Combine that with the fact taht it makes everything a 1/1, and does it potentially twice, along with being in the W/B guild, which means lots of shots for -P/-T, and youve got a nice card.

It would be so much better if haunt was optional though...I havent read the CR info about it, but from the reminder text, it sounds manditory. Damn.

3/5

Spoiler:

Banner thanks to Kaizer

Sergay Wang Guest

4WW is fairly pricey for a 4/4 Flyer, but the ability makes it insanely good.

Attack with all your creatures, let then walk into bigger guys and then cast this suckah! And the Gargoyle proclaims, "YOUZ R ALL WEENIEZ!"

Then they shrink and if they have at least one damage one them, they die.

I can just imagine it now. Afflict defeats Darksteel Colossus!

3/5