Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Spontaneous Combusken! (439)

I will admit that I exaggerated the speedo. It was a swimming costume of some kind, though.
    Oh is that it. I knew about may and wakana thing. I was curious about the swimsuit thing.
    Not in Hoenn, nothing they can't learn in their current stage. The anime is better for that now.
    Although this isnt the exact same thing. Vibrava did know supersonic in a hoenn filler and it cant learn that.

On one end of the spectrum: Double Kick is a closely-linked Combusken move. Having a generic attack like Mega Kick overtake its spot is disheartening.

One the other end: Double Kick would have meant another Fighting attack for Combusken. While having two of the same typed attack is not a serious offense in the Anime, the Torchic line is a line that prides itself on some serious variety. And I can't recall the last time Combusken used the normal typed Quick Attack.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Mega Kick eh? I agree that Double Kick might've been a lot more fun, and it is truer to the games.
    I think I remember Combusken using Quick Attack in the Salary Man episode though

Sounds like a pretty cool episode. I can't wait to see some Drew/May hints, I'm exsited for the images to be up :]

Shadowcat Guest

LOL!

DREW FANS HAVE SUNG! HIM IN A SPEEDO!

THE WRITERS GIVE IN TO US DREW FANS!

And yes, Wakana sent May the letter and rose... Most of us were curious about it...

Drew is love in this epi... There's rumors that Drew blushed...

There`re few blushing in this episode Seems like Haruka blushed twice and Shuu.. I dunno yet. We`ll just have to see.
    Black cat the rock <33

"Fukitsu wo todokenikitaze"
    "I've come to deliver some back luck"- Train Heartnet XIII

So are the writers saving Sceptiles training for the next episode or did we see Ash training him in this one?
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

It's not a speedo. It's just a normal swimsuit.

:<

Wakana is just too cute for words.

Hm...can't wait to see this episode's pics. Sounds good! That pic of Manene "tickling" Combusken is XD!

So I take it that Castform was just owned by another coordinator?

Wakana is cute, and there is a May/Wakana moment near the end of the episode where Wakana faints into May's arms and May holds hers against her chest. Wow.

I'm kinda hoping Wakana returns for the Grand Festival now, although knowing the writers, she probably won't. -_-

^ She fainted because of Shuu She was hiding behind Haruka when he appeared at the end of epi.. How sweet.

I`m hoping that she will come back in Grand Festival too. She seems strong compare to Haruka when she was still rookie. Wish she will show up again =/
    Black cat the rock <33

"Fukitsu wo todokenikitaze"
    "I've come to deliver some back luck"- Train Heartnet XIII

Drew doesn't own Castform...
    Wakana used her Surskit for the appealing, was cool
    Manene used Tickle, Teeter Dance and Mimic
    The battle betwen May and wakana was impressionant and Mega Kick looks REALLY cool.

Sig killed by Hydrohs, please read the rules.

Blaziken master Guest

Seen the pics.Wakana owns a surskit as well.Combusken's mega kick uses a blue CGI light to attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupin
    So are the writers saving Sceptiles training for the next episode or did we see Ash training him in this one?

in the opening he was tring to get it to attack but it still couldn't

And it seems to have gotten it's twig back thankfully.

Damn. Really? I know I'm not the only one who wanted a brand-new twig. Maybe they're saving such an event until Sceptile gets his Groovyle back, a phrase I am now turning into a fad.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

I don't think I will like this episode. After the pure comedy of Harley's revenge, this just bugs me. I'm not a Drew fan and this sounds like it's a Drew centered episode. The only redeeming qualities are Manene in the contest and a Castform.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Sceptile's twig is small and feeble, and nay cool. He'll probably swap it when he get's his oft-mentioned groove back.

Vibrava was really cool, as was Manene. But I'm not too keen on Mega Kick.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

One other thing that bothers me about this episode is i want to know what Drew said about Sceptile in the beginning of the episode cause by Ash's expression it wasn't something nice. I swear if Drew talked down to Sceptile then i hope it kills him in the near future.

Wait hold up, so BOTH Hoothoot and Castform that were shown in the preview were random? >: That just annoys the hell out of me, and they gave Wanaka two Drew Pokemon (well pre-evo Drew Pokemon), I would of liked her to have Hoothoot personally.

But OMG Wanaka is soooooooooooo cute and sweet, it's illegal. And she sent May the letter huh, why may I ask?

Vibrava's attacks are now all special effects, they look so cheesy and they are just so hard to look at without looking away, you know? But Drew blushed <3!!!!

If I recall from the pictures Ash did command an attack for Sceptile at the begining but it failed once again, then Drew came and stuff.

One last thing when people said Munchlax did a Pokeblock appeal I thought it would be a Kelly clone one but it wasn't so i'm happy :D

Okay, so I just finished watching the episode...

...Anyone know Wakana's VA? Cause she sounded really familiar... Speaking of Wakana, the girl is adorable. I swear she's Tamao's twin sister... Good thing she was too sweet to hate, or the yaoi fangirl in mw might have been rabid. The Shuu-sama thing was... Okay. Can't say ShuuxWakana is gonna ever win me over though. Seemed pretty one-sided. Her having his pre-evo pokemon was funny at least.

Contestshippers are gonna flip. Seriously. If a tensionshipper says that, it's serious. Now if someone can just translate the Wakana/Haruka/Musashi conversation... I'm 99% sure I heard Wakana ask Haruka if she likes Shuu. You know, "daisuki" like. To which Haruka blushes and Musashi starts saying something...

Musashi and Manene bonding scene was adorable. Musashi was actually really cool in this one. And Roketto Dan didn't blast off! *le gasp* Kojirou's reactions to Manene's beating was quite amusing too.

Shuu in swim trunks = one happy fangirl. <3

Uh... I dunno what else to say. It was a great episode. I don't think Wakana will be back... Too bad, HarukaxWakana is pretty cute. ^.^

*waits for someone to translate*
    Bishies: Luppi & Lady Bat|C.Bishie: Clopin|VG.Bishie: Gale|Pokemon: Ariados
    Ships: ReijixSaturn, KafeixVaati, MeltxLezard & NoelxLeon
    Twin: Vycksta

Shipping Face-Off (Ultimate Face-Off of 2007): Best Shinji/Paul Ship

I don't think I will like this episode. After the pure comedy of Harley's revenge, this just bugs me. I'm not a Drew fan and this sounds like it's a Drew centered episode. The only redeeming qualities are Manene in the contest and a Castform.
    He was focused on for maybe the first 5 min. and the last few minutes. Drew appeared and went over to Ash's Sceptile looking at it then May asked about the letter and he said he didnt send it. Then we see May training with Combusken and Munchlax. Then we meet Wakana and the letter is explained. May and Wakana see drew laying down on a chair with his Roselia in the next one over and Wakana blushes and freaks out. Then they talk and the contest begins.
    Also what exactly was with May's appeal. What was the point of the solar beam? She used solar beam then metronome and Munchlax fell asleep with metronome and then May threw a pokeblock in the air to awaken him he leaped high in the air for it and then did a focus punch to the ground. Jessie had Manene use teeter dance for appeal. Wakana had Surskit do something not quite sure what though.
    May faced Manene Jessie almost could've won. Its just Manene's mimiced fire spin was being used for along time and Combusken ran out and used sky uppercut on Manene and James freaked out. Combusken then faced a Skarmory and beat it. Combusken and vicrava battle was good. I believe vibrava had used sandstorm and that made Combusken immobile but then its head feathers glowed light blue and it used mega kick to free itself. Also Combusken used quick attack in the Manene and Vibrava battle. May eventually took vibrava out with mega kick.
    In the end May and Wakana were hanging out with each other and drew walked by to say good bye and Wakana fainted and May blushed. There was also this cute scene with Jessie and Manene laying down by the beach looking up at the moon with James and Meowth watching a little bit a way.
    I don't think Wakana will be back... Too bad, HarukaxWakana is pretty cute. ^.^
    Hmm from the last scene I was under the impression she may come back. Although I didnt think Harley would be back before or that he would just show up at another contest but, we wouldnt see him in the GF.
    Last edited by ghost master; 3rd February 2006 at 8:19 PM.

So, was Sceptile added to the opening?

Anyway, this sounds like a great episode. Did they use any insert songs (Such as Ok, Ready Go, or the like?

How did Jessie get away with using Manene for BOTH appeal and battle?
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    So, was Sceptile added to the opening?

Anyway, this sounds like a great episode. Did they use any insert songs (Such as Ok, Ready Go, or the like?
    Yes, it was

They used Symphonic Medley or whatever the 8th opening is called.

How did Jessie get away with using Manene for BOTH appeal and battle?
    Good question. XD

This episode was... meh-ish to me. I believe Vibrava was using Sand Tomb. I love Combusken, but is it just me, or does it always get these quickie somewhat badly animated battles now? I mean, to me, Combusken vs Manene was better than the final battle! Oh well... and I guess I'm the only one who was annoyed by Wakana. She's not very interesting to look at, her Pokemon team is uh...kinda plain (although Surskit's appeal was freakin' sweet) and she just kinda irritated me. To each his own, I suppose.

I did like the throwback songs they used in this ep. And Manene is growing on me with each passing episode. Best baby Pokemon ever.
    Last edited by Brinstar; 3rd February 2006 at 8:57 PM.

For those wondering, The intro is updated with Sceptile. Everything is the same expect the leaf blade part. It looked to me that Sceptile's leaf blade is actually longer and instead of the Grovyle way in the intro where it's slice, slice, cross arms and go forward, Sceptile does a slightly different (seemed that way to me) slice, slice, and instead of crossing his arms he does a spin forward.

So it looks like instead of the Grovyle way of come towards the opponent with arms crossed and slice is replaced with the new Sceptile way of come towards your opponent spinning than slicing.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast