Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Spontaneous Combusken! (439)

Looks awsome XD And lol may and drew blush XD Hope they get together soon

[IMG]http://i1.*******.com/n3vlzk.jpg[/IMG]< Sceptile is in the opening
    Last edited by ♥Princess Ketchum♥; 3rd February 2006 at 9:55 PM.
    IM BACK Everyone <3
    SPPF's NO 1 Ash ketchum Lover Forever <3 |Ash is My Bishie <3 * Holds Tight And Huggles
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/j9xzk4.jpg[/IMG]
    Soul Mate - Shikamaru | Banner - Katsu | Erica ~Still a Mudkip + Sceptile Lover
    The Mudkip | Torchic | Treecko Fan club | Ash Doll | Ash Club <3 | Emiline Ketchum - roleplay
    Pair - Flare | Penpals : Katsu Katsuko and Endless Summer
    Em*Katsu*Rubi*Hika*Kelly*Zino*Tama = The SatoQuintruplets
    Satochu Lover Twins - Pikagirl
    Ask me for my pearl code! | Diamond Friend Code - 3823 5121 4699
    No matter where you are Ash your always gonna be mine

^ There's a better chance of Drew leaving the show before ANY character being paired up with anyone.

Pleeeeease bring back Wakana for the Grand Festival. I adored her, imagine if she met Harley? LOL! I imagine the writers are building up for Drew's departure at the Kanto Grand Festival, which is why his Contest role is so minimal now.

I liked Jessie and Manene, hope she uses it again.

This contest needed desperately to be a two-parter. Wakana is such a great character, and the contest was longer than most should be anyway. Drew's scenes could have been a whole episode.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Anyone know why was May blushing at the end when Drew walked away? Episode didn't look so bad...Manene's battle with Combustken was pretty good actually. I just noticed Wakuna's pokemon are all Drew pre evolves LOL!

I just wanna know why Drew and May were blushing. Why was Drew blushing in his trunks, and why was May blushing at the end.

I almost thought mega kick was a blue/white firey blaze kick but eh...

why was May blushing at the end.
    he said something to the extent of May has 2 more ribbons to go. Also in the episode did Drew ever mention how many ribbons he has? I'd assume possibly all ribbons since he didnt try to enter the contest.

judging from the pics, it looks like a very good contest episode...

I also like how Jessie & and the rest of TR didn't seem to cause much trouble in the episode as well...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

I assume Drew has all 5 ribbons too, especially since Harley already has 4, it makes sense for Drew to be just as good (or ahead of him).

I was planning not to spoil myself further until the episode downloaded.

Then it told me it had forty hours to go, so I figured screw that.

Anyway, going by the pictures: Wakana is so cute. I was kinda hoping for her to be a b*tch, but hey, win some, lose some. The ending scene where Drew comes over and she hides behind May and faints - muahahaha. It's a shame that she probably won't come back for the Grand Festival, because the Wakana/Drew/May triangle was gold. I second taitofan's request to know what happened backstage when Jessie butted into their conversation.

Oh, and I guess I should get this out of my system. As someone who has argued for a looong time that May likes Drew, not Ash, here is my mature reaction:

*gloats*

oh god that felt good. Ahem. And now I'm done.
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

Yay Sceptile!

Banners By Me. Level 3 Trainer: 33 KOs, 95.5 TP, 18 SP

Sorry to say this here, but Zora that animation looks great! Looks like Sceptile's Leaf Blade is double-bladed now which is great!
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Wow, Sceptile's version of Leaf Blade is pretty sick, then. Is it just me, or is it a bit more wider than Grovyle's version of the attack?

Anyway, cool episode. I thought it was adorable how Wakana was using pre-evolutions of the Pokemon we've all come to know and associate with Drew. Combusken learning Mega Kick was just a little bit on the "wtf" side for me, and I really think the Combusken vs. Vibrava fight could've been longer... but the Combusken vs. Manene battle was completely worth it.

Very much looking forward to seeing the next episode, too, especially after seeing the first scenes.

The only reason I watched this episode was to see Drew compete, so guess how mad I was as I watched this.

Is it just me or is Drews Roselia bigger?

I hated Wakana's eyes, they just looked hollow and dank.

Jessie + Manene = Best Pairing Ever! I couldn't believe how nice Jessie was being to Manene. I liked the Hawaian Dance appeal. I also liked how She walked up to May to congratulate her (I don't know Japanese so she could have said anything).

Manene with Fire Spin = Great, I hope the anime writers can think of more Mimic adventures, like Manene with Bullet Seed.
    Last edited by Thriller; 4th February 2006 at 2:31 AM.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

This ep looks like a good contest episode. I dont normally think Drew is cute but he looks so adorable in the scened where hes in his swim trunks. Wakana is cute too, for a girl character. I loved her appeal with Surskit, great use of its skating abilities. What i wonder with the battle part did they say anything that you can use the same pokemon for appeals and battles? Seems the rule for using different pokemon didnt apply here but May and Wakana did it anyway. Oh anyone else notcie one of the guys May battled in this contest looks a lot like the guy who had a Politoed in the previous one? He also looks like a younger versions of the Salaryman from the other Combusken contest. Combusken has a new attack. Mega Kick got a brand new look to it too. I thought it was odd that Combuskens feathers glow along with its feet. I do like the blue effect, it looks cool. I think they need more variety in attack looks. Sky Uppercut, Metal Claw, Dragon Claw etc look very similar as well as Wing Attack and Steel Wing. Even a different colored glow would look good. Back to the episode, it looks good and i cant wait to watch it. Gonna have to wait about a year but thats ok.

Fan of #336 Seviper the Fang Snake Pokemon
    Seviper's sword-like tail slashes enemies and douses them with a horrible poison.
    Seviper shares a life-long, bitter rivalry with Zangoose.
    Evo Line: Seviper
    Fave moveset: Poison Tail, Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower

Banner by me ~RT

Sorry to say this here, but Zora that animation looks great! Looks like Sceptile's Leaf Blade is double-bladed now which is great
    Now? it was double bladed the first time it tried to use it.
    Manene with Flamethrower = Great
    We only got to see it mimic fire spin because combusken doesnt know flamethrower.
    The only reason I watched this episode was to see Drew compete, so guess how mad I was as I watched this
    Where were you? cybercubed determined for us in the first few pages that Drew wouldnt actually compete in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Churly Ryan
    Manene with Flamethrower = Great
    Not Flamethrower, Fire Spin. Combusken does not know Flamethrower.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Drew is cheating in contests with growth hormones. *nodnod*

Banners By Me. Level 3 Trainer: 33 KOs, 95.5 TP, 18 SP

^OMG, I can't believe I didn't notice that! That's pretty cute...

BrokenDreams Guest

Can anybody show the picture of the ribon that May won?

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Not Flamethrower, Fire Spin. Combusken does not know Flamethrower.
    Fixed. I'm sure that is quite a common mistake.

Where were you? cybercubed determined for us in the first few pages that Drew wouldnt actually compete in it.
    I was trying not to spoil it since I can now watch the episodes.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

I hope everyone and their brother doesn't use that animation.

Because it's mine. All mine.

Mega Kick... What was its old effect? Did it even have one? Seems like they went out of their way to give it this spiffy new effect.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Whoever is filling in for Miss Ohtani isn't doing a good job of imitating her Manene voice. They're not doing half bad with Roselia however, I'll give them that much. Though, one has to wonder why they just don't take a similar route to how they've handled Pikachu and just use older voice clips.

Anyway...

Combusken is the best freakin' pokémon ever. F.A.C.T. I just can't get over how awesome it was this time around.
    It's struggle against Wakana's Vibrava, IMO, was it's best battle to date.
    All the moves used were perfect (especially Mega Kick and Sand Tomb), the fight was played out very well and the action was intense. And to top it all off, we get a ribbon AND a new move in tow. An absolutely perfect Contest battle if ever there was one.
    I'm not too sure about her comb glowing blue when using her newly aqquired Mega Kick attack, but its a minor gripe at best. Certainly not enough to deter me from every other brilliant aspect of this episode~

Jessie in a hula outfit wins EVERY TIME.
    Though I have to say, that wasn't exactly her best idea for an appeal. It was different, but I've come to expect more from her in contests. She usually has some awesome combinations and shows she has a ton of creativity.
    But despite that, I loved her attitude during this episode. We saw a whole different side to her. Accepting her defeat like a decent trainer and sitting on the beach peacefully with Manene. Its a shame she doesn't get more moments like this.

Speaking of Manene, its performance in battle was definately most impressive, despite it only using Mimic and Tickle during the entire match. Its times like these that really do show that Jessie can be a very competant trainer when it comes down to fighting fair.

Wakana bombarded me with ickle squee aborable vibes as soon as she came on screen. From her 'Shuu-sama's to her voice, she was a great character, so hopefully she gets another chance to show up in any future episodes.
    Kudos to her for raising the ContestShipping meter a little higher also~

Edit: Was there a new piece of music introduced during this episode? The one I'm refering to is played close to the end, during the sunset scene on the beach. The tune itself is, iirc, the one used for the ending credits on RSE. I've never actually heard it used in the show before this point, so it kinda caught me off gaurd.

Also, was I the only one who noticed Mr.G.Neric from last fortnight's contest making another appearence?
    Last edited by Gravy; 4th February 2006 at 4:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost master
    Now? it was double bladed the first time it tried to use it.
    Sceptile didn't manage to fully form the Leaf Blade when he tried in Grovyle vs Tropius. But now we know what it'll look like when he gets his attacks back.

why is Drew's Roselia so freakin' huge?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Also, was I the only one who noticed Mr.G.Neric from last fortnight's contest making another appearence?
    :O

Mr. G. Neric is now my favorite Coordinator.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Let's not go there. Please, CyberCubed.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast