Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Spontaneous Combusken! (439)

^ I agree! Jessie is being nice this time and trying to cheer both of them.
    Black cat the rock <33

"Fukitsu wo todokenikitaze"
    "I've come to deliver some back luck"- Train Heartnet XIII

Does anybody know what Drew says when May blushes? I got the episode downloaded, but it didn't work the best because my comp doesn't support the video format, so I had to go off of pictures while I listened to the sound. It was a strange experience, but ah well. I'm wondering what Drew says to Wakana at the end also. It seemed as though he complimented her on her coordinating skills, and at the poolside when Drew blushed I felt like May was exaggerating Drew's skills as a coordinator, because Roselia agreed, and Drew scolded it in a sort of 'whose side are you on?' sort of way.

But those are just my suspicions, anyone have any confirmations?

Good: Blastoise was appealing

Bad: May's Squirtle is absent here...

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Jo
    Jessie is a Contestshipper! How cute! So... how many in-show shippers does that make, now? Harley, Caroline, Jessie... and May and Drew, of course.
    Gwah? Harley is an in-show Contestshipper? I'm obviously missing something here, which I suspect is GF related >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Water Master David
    Yeah...tragic, tragic loss of potential there. Truth be told, I was actually tearing over it.

Quote Originally Posted by .:CobaltFlux:.
    Does anybody know what Drew says when May blushes?
    Read my last post.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I hope you enjoy your remaining life and the brief moments of happiness on these forums. Have a lolly.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Gwah? Harley is an in-show Contestshipper? I'm obviously missing something here, which I suspect is GF related >.>
    Yeah, there are a couple of scenes in the GF. Here are the approximate transcripts:

Harley: Shuu-kun! The most noteworthy co-ordinator of the moment! I didn't know you were friends with such a famous person, Haruka-chan!

Haruka: Not true - Shuu's always making fun of me.

Harley: But you got a rose from him! A rose! *gasps* Wait - that means you two must be in love, I guess - I guess!*

Haruka: *blushes* Harley-san!

-----

*Backstage before the second round of appeals begin, Haruka is looking around for something*

Harley: What are you doing, Haruka?

Haruka: I was just looking for someone...

Harley: *leans forward with clasped hands* Oh! Is it Shuu-kun, perhaps?

Haruka: *waves hands* No, no! It's -

(blah blah, explanation about someone impersonating Tonpei)

There's also a part in the first Saffron contest ep where Harley says something about May and Drew being "fated/destined rivals", but I dunno if he was suggesting anything with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Mage
    I hope you enjoy your remaining life and the brief moments of happiness on these forums. Have a lolly.
    *laughs* In Squirtle's defense, its appeal in the last contest was a million times better than whatever weird crap Munchlax was trying to do in this one.

Actually, both May's and Jessie's appeals were pretty rubbish, I thought. Wakana's blew them both out of the water.

* The 'I guess'es are a translation of 'kamo'.
    Last edited by Jo-Jo; 7th February 2006 at 4:46 PM.
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

I just saw the episode and after the awsome one with Harley I didn't really like this one. Wakana reminds me of the girl from the time travel episode.

I thought Manene was great, just needed some more time. Heh, there was even a Gardevoir in the episode! Sceptile gets his stick back which is good. I'm just waiting for next weeks episode.

Whoa, there was a Gardevoir in this ep? I must have blinked cause I missed it. :/

Blaziken master Guest

It was in the traditional pokemon appeals still shot section

Quote Originally Posted by .:CobaltFlux:.
    Does anybody know what Drew says when May blushes? I got the episode downloaded, but it didn't work the best because my comp doesn't support the video format, so I had to go off of pictures while I listened to the sound. It was a strange experience, but ah well. I'm wondering what Drew says to Wakana at the end also. It seemed as though he complimented her on her coordinating skills, and at the poolside when Drew blushed I felt like May was exaggerating Drew's skills as a coordinator, because Roselia agreed, and Drew scolded it in a sort of 'whose side are you on?' sort of way.

But those are just my suspicions, anyone have any confirmations?
    When May blushes at the end?
    I'm not perfect at translating (and maybe my hearing's a little off, too), but this is what I have.
    ...Someone help me?

At the end:
    Shuu: "Wakana-san, dake." ("Wakana... only.")
    Wakana: "Un, hai!" ("Y-yes?")
    Shuu: "Zannen datta kedo Vibrava yoku sodaterareteita yo. Flygon made sodateiru* no wa jikan ga kakaru kedo, ganbatte. ("It's too bad, but you were able to raise your Vibrava well. It'll take some time for it to become a Flygon, so work hard.")
    Wakana: "A, hai! Ganbarimasu!" ("Yes! I'll do my best!") ::faints::
    Haruka: "U-u-u-Wakana!"
    Masato and Takeshi: (something-or-other that I dun wanna figure out)
    Shuu: "Haruka."
    Haruka: "Ee?" ("Eh?")
    Shuu: "Ato wa futatsu da." ("Two more to go.")
    Haruka: ::blush:: Sh-Shuu wa ribon, ikutsu na* no yo. ("Y-you have lots of/all the ribbons, Shuu.")
    Shuu: "Sou* ne. Demo Grand Festival ni wa, itsutsu hitsuyou dakara ne." ("Yeah. But that's because you need five for the Grand Festival.")

*1. That's what I hear.
    2. I honestly can't tell if she's saying na or no. It sounds a lot like a cross between them. As for the translation, I wasn't quite sure, but hopefully you (and I...) get the idea. By the way, how many ribbons does Shuu have?
    3. Again, I can't tell if that's saa or sou.

Ah, so it's probably confirmed that Drew has all 5 ribbons then. That makes sense too, since Harley has 4, Drew had to be just as far along.

I guess Drew won't be competing in any contests at all in this region then, until the GF of course.

Looks like the writers are preparing for the climax of both the Harley and Drew rivalries. Sounds good.

I watched the episode and it was awesome.
    I'm so concerned on what people said. Otherthan the end which Kthleen just posted (weither its true or not). And.... um...
    The battle with Vibrava and Combusken was great. Surskit's appeal was also great. Wakana's voice seemed kawaii IMO. xD
    I can't wait to see it dubbed. =P

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

Thanks for translating Kthleen, and Geodude, I don't see how your last post answered my question in the least...

Ethereal Guest

Saw this ep a few hours ago...I liked it a lot.

What I liked:

-Munchlax. Sue me. I love the little guy. I think he's cute.
    -Jessie. We got to see the softer side of Jessie, which I always enjoy. Plus, we saw that she can be a very good battler.
    -No real Team Rocket interruptions. Yes. ;_;
    -Good battles.

I love this episode. ;__;

Quote Originally Posted by Kthleen
    Shuu: "Wakana-san, dake." ("Wakana... only.")
    Wakana: "Un, hai!" ("Y-yes?")
    Shuu: "Zannen datta kedo Vibrava yoku sodaterareteita yo. Flygon made sodateiru* no wa jikan ga kakaru kedo, ganbatte. ("It's too bad, but you were able to raise your Vibrava well. It'll take some time for it to become a Flygon, so work hard.")
    Wakana: "A, hai! Ganbarimasu!" ("Yes! I'll do my best!") ::faints::
    Haruka: "U-u-u-Wakana!"
    Masato and Takeshi: (something-or-other that I dun wanna figure out)
    Shuu: "Haruka."
    Haruka: "Ee?" ("Eh?")
    Shuu: "Ato wa futatsu da." ("Two more to go.")
    Haruka: ::blush:: Sh-Shuu wa ribon, ikutsu na* no yo. ("Y-you have lots of/all the ribbons, Shuu.")
    Shuu: "Sou* ne. Demo Grand Festival ni wa, itsutsu hitsuyou dakara ne." ("Yeah. But that's because you need five for the Grand Festival.")
    So that's what that scene was all about...

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

http://www.auraguardians.net/

NOTE: The site is not up yet so the link will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Poké_Master
    So that's what that scene was all about...

It's after the contest, Drew says his good-byes that's pretty much it.

I'm a little disappointed on the blushing at the end cause I thought contestshipping was finally going to be true, but no that sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Torchic23
    It's after the contest, Drew says his good-byes that's pretty much it.

I'm a little disappointed on the blushing at the end cause I thought contestshipping was finally going to be true, but no that sucks
    There must have been something cultural or something lost in translation because it would make no sense for May to blush at Drew just saying goodbye. Its confusing to me.

But really, on your second comment, unless it is in some last episode or a "look into the far future" type thing, no pairing with a main character on Pokemon is going to get confirmed more than Drew and May is already.

And no one has posted why Drew blushed early in the episode, Geodude's post, helpful as it was, didn't address that.

But anyway as cute as all the semi-romance was I'm most excited about the Sceptile animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    And no one has posted why Drew blushed early in the episode, Geodude's post, helpful as it was, didn't address that.
    Oh, ok, I misunderstood what the person meant. Too bad Archaic's not on AIM now, or I'd ask him that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchic23
    Oh, it's true all right. The mutual interest is obviously there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Jo
    Actually, both May's and Jessie's appeals were pretty rubbish, I thought. Wakana's blew them both out of the water.
    I actually liked Gonbe's appeal. It reminded us that Metronome can screw up badly, and Haruka could figure a way out of it.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    There must have been something cultural or something lost in translation because it would make no sense for May to blush at Drew just saying goodbye. Its confusing to me.
    Perhaps it was just the way he said it...? ...I don't know.

This isn't the first time that kind of thing has happened, though. The Grand Festival also had an ending scene where May watched Drew walk away and blushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Oh, ok, I misunderstood what the person meant. Too bad Archaic's not on AIM now, or I'd ask him that too.

Oh, it's true all right. The mutual interest is obviously there.
    Perhaps. But it wasn't as extreme as the Contestshippers were making out in the Contestshipping thread.

That's why I said they should wait to hear it from a unbiased source, or actually waited to see what was going on and why, instead of going beserk over THIS blush, or THAT blush, or the tightness of Shuu's swimwear.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    or the tightness of Shuu's swimwear.
    That made me giggle.

Geodude, do you think you could ask Archaic if anything was mentioned about Jessie using Manene in both appeal and battle please?
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    or the tightness of Shuu's swimwear.
    *looks around nervously for an appearance from That Pic*

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak
    Geodude, do you think you could ask Archaic if anything was mentioned about Jessie using Manene in both appeal and battle please?
    Nothing seemed apparent to me about it. I'll try to remember though.

And that is of course a wide-open question to anyone else reading this who has a good knowledge of Japanese.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast