Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Spontaneous Combusken! (439)

Great friggin' episode!

Okay on that much heated debate *spark* Drew's voice was okay. Alright, maybe at first I was playing a game I call "YOU SUCK" but as the episode went on (or whenever I saw Drew shirtless) I STFU and said I would get used to his new voice.

Nextly...*smacks Max repeatedly with Medea's holy friggin fan-service book* How dare you call Drew a weinie! You're the weinie you friggin' pain the arse.

Brianna/Wakana's voice bugged the living crap outta me. But it sort of sounded like Marina's from the Raikou special (don't mind that). But try as she might, Wakana is no where near as annoying as that one chick Erika.

The battle was pretty cool. I didn't despise Jessie like I normally do so somebody must be doing their job right.

Another thing (and I'm hoping all over the place with this episode) *drools to the max* Holy Crap! Shirtless Drew! That made my friggin' day!

And one more thing, I am so glad my horrible dream didn't come true. I got to see plenty of the great Contestshipping. There is a God!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Well, this wavers my confidence in PUSA a little.

And the title "Choose it or Loose It!" was fixed in the CN re-airing, so I think this one will be too.

These mistakes are uncalled for.

Unfixed PUSA mistakes so far:

The mispronunciation in the theme song (Jeeze, their company name is POKéMON USA for pete's sake!)
    "Earth type" Just....no.
    And now Spontaneous Combuskin. I literally slapped myself in the forehead when I saw that.

I hope they're fixed.

Credit to Mimiori Kiryu for the SONVA banner.

I claimed Midna as my bishie in the bishie thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Did anyone else who saw the Japanese version as well as the dub version of this episode get two different ideas of the way Drew acted?

He almost seemed to be condescending towards to May...more so than usual in the dub.
    Drew did seem to act more smug toward May in the dub than in the original. This is the point where Drew becomes nicer to May to help reel her in, but he came off as a bit too arrogant in parts.

The lines were more or less the same though, and they kept all of May's blushing so it would seem that even with his tone, May starts to appreciate him much more regardless.

that little girl was annoying "i'm Breathing his air" i mean come on!

This was a great episode! I really like the part about Mime Jr. being in a contest for once (even though Combusken defeated it). I see Mime Jr. using mimic and tickle for the battle, but I didn't see any trace if tetter dance (bulbapedia said it did). All the voices seemed to have improved since Fear Factor Phony. A message that wasn't from Drew? That was a shock. Best of all we get to hear Drew's new voice and I think NewBrock did a good job tackling Drew's voice. That was you right? Also who voices Mime Jr.? Sarah Nattochenny, right? Whoever it is, She puts a lot of character in voicing Mime Jr. You can really feel its every emotion.

This was a great episode! I really like the part about Mime Jr. being in a contest for once (even though Combusken defeated it). I see Mime Jr. using mimic and tickle for the battle, but I didn't see any trace if tetter dance (bulbapedia said it did). All the voices seemed to have improved since Fear Factor Phony. A message that wasn't from Drew? That was a shock. Best of all we get to hear Drew's new voice and I think NewBrock did a good job tackling Drew's voice. That was you right? Also who voices Mime Jr.? Sarah Nattochenny, right? Whoever it is, She puts a lot of character in voicing Mime Jr. You can really feel its every emotion.

Oops. The page wasn't loading right on my end, so I didn't know what happened. Sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by spongeaud View Post
    that little girl was annoying "i'm Breathing his air" i mean come on!
    She's a Drew fangirl, that's how they act.

Brianna was adorable. :x

Not sure if anyone mentioned the dialogue mistake...Brock said, "Now that's weird. I thought Fire-type moves weren't that strong against Ground-type Pokemon." Fire attacks work just fine on Ground types, it's Dragon-types that they're weak against. I guess it's sort of an understandable mistake to make though because of all the Rock-Ground types and how Rock is indeed resistant to Fire. Still, PUSA should know better.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I did notice that, and remembered that Fire attacks are neutral against Ground types--Vibrava is also part Dragon, which would cause the resistance.

That's what I just said.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu View Post
    Who says they'll correct this one?

They corrected one mistake, they might not correct this one, and they might not correct that Earth type comment from a few episodes back. Not saying they won't fix those mistakes.

But who knows.
    They fixed a spelling error in another title.

If any of you heard Drew's new dub voice, what was it like?

BTW, what did Jessie say to May when she lost?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy View Post
    If any of you heard Drew's new dub voice, what was it like?
    It actually wasn't much different from his other voice. It did sound more arrogant though.

XD I loved the part when James says "Don't burn your nose, Mime Jr" or something of the sort. Plain hilarious. XD

Good episode overall. Combusken was awesome, learning a new move ^_^ Can't wait to see it evolve into Blaziken

Heeeeeeeeey....they dubbed over Roselia and made it say it's entire name. And then they went and kept Surskit's (extremely adorable) "Aaa. Aaa!" voice. What the hell is up with that?

"If you're going to be a fool, must it involve the children?" I loved that line.

Doesn't this post just reek of the pungent scent of relevence?

I found it funny how Max said Drew was a weeny.

I mean, if you get called a "ween" by Max, something is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
    I found it funny how Max said Drew was a weeny.

I mean, if you get called a "ween" by Max, something is up.
    'Weenie' Koji. 'Weenie' :P
    Masato was so crushing on Wakana/Brianna. You could just see the jealously in his eyes when he insulted Shuu for seemingly no reason at all.

You know, I like it when they give Masato a 'tude. It reminds me of his very awesome personna way back when AG began. The days of olde, when he'd make Ash look like a dunce by pointing out his every flaw and when he'd insult Haruka's vocabulary.
    Even if you're a rabid Shuu fangirl who felt like slitting the poor kid's throat as soon as he made that comment, you have to admit; It did make him stand out of the background for a few fleeting seconds, ne?
    Last edited by Gravy; 7th November 2006 at 8:19 PM. Reason: I called Masato an 'it'.

*hides razor blade behind back* Huh, wha, it wasn't me, you can't prove a thing.

I can see Hoso 23 now...

"Insulting Shuu!! Masato Risking His Life?!!"

I'd watch it.

I hope it isn't a let down like the Misty risking her life...

I mean, she didn't die!

I thought Brock's line about Drew was far more insulting than what Max said.

Drew was causing the girls to blush, and Brock says, "Like nails on a chalkboard."

Utter jealousy that Drew has a monopoly on girls or that he doesn't like the guy?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I thought Brock's line about Drew was far more insulting than what Max said.

Drew was causing the girls to blush, and Brock says, "Like nails on a chalkboard."

Utter jealousy that Drew has a monopoly on girls or that he doesn't like the guy?
    Brock, you are my new hero!

But in all seriousness, it was probably a bit of both

*protects Max and Brock from Drew fangirls*
    Last edited by STJ; 12th November 2006 at 12:09 AM.

Pretty good contest episode... Drew has a pretty nice new voice, but the best part of all...

Him in his swimsuit! ^_^!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast