Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Spontaneous Combusken! (439)

Well actually it's been 5 times she was in a bikini, but still it's been over 100 episodes since she's been in one in the actual series.
    You keep track? o_0

This contest needed desperately to be a two-parter.
    Totally! I thought the same thing!

Drew is cheating in contests with growth hormones.
    LOL.

This isn't the first time that kind of thing has happened, though. The Grand Festival also had an ending scene where May watched Drew walk away and blushed.
    TECHNICALLY she didn’t blush until her mom started teasing her. She just stared and her hair got all blow-y... ;P

"Combuskin", LOL. And the closed captioning, oddly enough, spelled it correctly directly under it.
    So did TiVo, I think... o_0 Maybe the people pressed the button with the wrong hand and just didn’t notice... (If you don’t know what I mean, look at “I” and “E” on the keyboard.)

Brianna/Wakana's voice bugged the living crap outta me. But it sort of sounded like Marina's from the Raikou special (don't mind that).
    You think so? I don’t... I actually liked Brianna’s voice. I DESPISE the English Marina’s.

The mispronunciation in the theme song (Jeeze, their company name is POKéMON USA for pete's sake!)
    "Earth type" Just....no.
    And now Spontaneous Combuskin. I literally slapped myself in the forehead when I saw that.

I hope they're fixed.
    It wasn’t THAT bad... they’re just mistakes, and PUSA hasn’t been doing this very long.

Besides, I like it when they make mistakes. Because finding them is fun. Once, I read this Scholastic thing called “Pokemon Hall of Fame”. I think I found eight mistakes in that. The mistakes were probably the most interesting thing in the entire book. Not that that's saying much.

"Insulting Shuu!! Masato Risking His Life?!!"
    XD I laughed out loud at that.

I hope it isn't a let down like the Misty risking her life...

I mean, she didn't die!
    *Fwaks Kojiro across the head* No! Misty is the best character ever!! If she died, I’d be very very sad... ToT Not that it would ever happen.

Off topic, but why is that episode even called that? o_0 Is it because they thought the person who gave her the letter wanted to hurt her, or something?

Utter jealousy that Drew has a monopoly on girls or that he doesn't like the guy?
    I figure the latter... has Brock ever shown signs of not liking him before? I don’t remember...

--

Anyway... I loved this episode!! Drew's voice sounded OK for the most part... the actor had a little trouble with the tone in some parts though... like, he sounded like he was making fun of May when he was complimenting her on her choice of moves... He's so unpredictable, though, I wouldn't blame anyone for getting confused.

Even my mom laughed a couple times in this episode(she was watching it with me)... like when Max called Drew a weenie... she also said Drew was a jerk. Which is was, sort of...
    Last edited by SheWhoLovesPineapples; 11th November 2006 at 12:26 AM.
    Pearl Name: Aurora
    Friend Code: 2663 9162 0376

Just note that I suck at competitive battling.

TECHNICALLY she didn’t blush until her mom started teasing her. She just stared and her hair got all blow-y... ;P
    Actually, she started blushing a few seconds before her mom said anything, then carried on blushing when the teasing started. [/knowitall]

I figure the latter... has Brock ever shown signs of not liking him before? I don’t remember...
    No, I don't think so... Ash and Max have expressed irritation towards him on occasion, but Brock never has. Unless, "How come Shuu gets all the girls?" counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Jo View Post
    Actually, she started blushing a few seconds before her mom said anything, then carried on blushing when the teasing started. [/knowitall]
    Whatever. xP

Well, maybe she blushed because Ash, Brock, Max, and her mom caught her watching Drew. That's still not blushing just because he said good-bye.
    Pearl Name: Aurora
    Friend Code: 2663 9162 0376

Just note that I suck at competitive battling.

Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoLovesPineapples View Post
    Well, maybe she blushed because Ash, Brock, Max, and her mom caught her watching Drew. That's still not blushing just because he said good-bye.
    Well after Ash brought the cone and she yelled at him, she turned back to watch Drew, and they all turned and then Brock went "Hey, isn't that Drew?" And May goes WHILE BLUSHING, "We were just saying goodbye." And THEN Caroline comes and embarrasses her.

OMG Brianna was Suzie from Zatch Bell X_x
    Can't they make little girls sound like little girls unstead of grown women forcing the voice?

Anyway, Drew was as hot as ever in this episode *drools*
    Contestshipping is officially a go..`-`
    and "Combuskin"??? How could you even get that wrong? Are we talking about Chickins?
    I liked this episode, I wish they would have kept the symphonic medly though...Oh well.

EDIT: Oh and Brianna sounds more like Wakana then Salona does Hinata :3
    Last edited by RageKaiser; 25th November 2006 at 4:57 AM. Reason: Adding

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

What did Jessie say when she hugged and posed with Mime Jr? Even when I see the pictures I still think that Jessie was bragging about being beautiful which isn't at all surprising?

Is there a single episode thread you've posted in where you haven't asked us to help you bash Jessie for no reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Jo View Post
    Is there a single episode thread you've posted in where you haven't asked us to help you bash Jessie for no reason?
    What I'm trying to ask is what Jessie said to James and Meowth when hugging Mime Jr.

BTW, I admit I am bashing Jessie, but it's because I can't stand her arrogance and the fact that she thinks of herself of being pretty and more nasty than James & Meowth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy View Post
    What I'm trying to ask is what Jessie said to James and Meowth when hugging Mime Jr.

BTW, I admit I am bashing Jessie, but it's because I can't stand her arrogance and the fact that she thinks of herself of being pretty and more nasty than James & Meowth.
    Which is what makes her great.

Damn May! She fluked it again! But anything for the veiwers! Great 3d animation in this episdoe with the sand tomb attack and the mega kick! Great battle! 7.5/10
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

As a fan of contests, I think this was a pretty good episode. Squirtle's rapid spin appeal was SO unoriginal, though. And if squirtle used ice beam to freeze the pyramid of bubbles, how did it end up on the outside? Now combusken, that battle was great. I like how it pulled off mega kick, and the last sand tomb by vibrava looked pretty good, too. Just one more ribbon, I think...
    The Latest Capture

28 / 20 / 26 / 30 / 30 / 31 Timid Southern Island Emerald Latios

FC: 3309 2165 3231

That one girl was annoying. Forgot her name. She does have a cool Pokemon though.

Sorry if I asked this question before, but what did Jessie say during the part she was hugging Mime Jr., when she lost at the contest and at the end?

I remember at the end she said "memories, first love." at the end.
    Credits to Roses are Red for this wonderful signature. Thank you tyranidos for this banner. Team Rocket's revolution is nigh.

Quite good but not as good as queen of the serpantine!

Best Friends Forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by starterlover1 View Post
    As a fan of contests, I think this was a pretty good episode. Squirtle's rapid spin appeal was SO unoriginal, though. And if squirtle used ice beam to freeze the pyramid of bubbles, how did it end up on the outside? Now combusken, that battle was great. I like how it pulled off mega kick, and the last sand tomb by vibrava looked pretty good, too. Just one more ribbon, I think...
    uhh, May used Munchlax to appeal in this episode

and this was her third ribbon not her fourth
    I'm back

Hm didn't enjoy this one. I've said this a lot, I don't like contests >_> And I probably never will.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Quote Originally Posted by Igottapoo View Post
    Hm didn't enjoy this one. I've said this a lot, I don't like contests >_> And I probably never will.
    it's something at least, i thought it was a nice episode.

Nice contest, i think May could have lost if that girl wasn't so focused on impressing Drew.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

So all this time ive been waiting for my combusken to learn blaze kick for nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Snover View Post
    Nice contest, i think May could have lost if that girl wasn't so focused on impressing Drew.
    Nah, doubt so, she really gave it her best. Besides, wanting to impress Drew would have made her opponent to work harder. :P

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

This episode really showed off the bond May and Combusken(now Blaziken) have for each other and that Combusken really wanted to win. If Combusken hadn't learned Mega Kick, it would have lost. So, May should be lucky.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Nah, it was an ok episode...contest are not my faves..but better than nothing
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Combusken was great how it learn mega Kick, i loved him.
    And it was wired to see that Drew doesn't participate, but not so bad.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Finally, May arrived at another Contest Hall. What I thought was funny about this episode is that May actually got another COTD as her rival, and that that rival was a Drew fan. Anyway, seeing Jessie and May fight it out with Mime Jr. and Combusken was quite the spectacle. Then seeing Vibrava lose to Combusken really got things going at the end. Combusken really impressed me in this contest. It was something I hadn't seen in a while; a good battle. May totally deserved that ribbon. 6/10
    Last edited by Lorde; 10th December 2010 at 9:22 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast