Thread: Celebi is available. Kinda.

Default Celebi is available. Kinda.

Recently at PKMN.net forums, there was a guy who said that he was migrating from Emerald to Pearl, and he was migrating a 10 ANNIV Blaziken. He said he was fiddling with a magnet, and then accidentally dropped it onto his Emerald version. He said the game froze, and when he restarted it to check if it was okay, he said that his 10 ANNIV Blaziken turned into a Lv93 Celebi.

At first, I didn't believe him, but then he posted a picture, but strangely it said, "Met in a fateful encounter at Lv70". Luckily, Poetictouch from PKMN.net explained how it would have happened:
    Uh-huh. I've got it.

When the 10ANIV Pokemon were generated, they were all assigned to a collective HEX (protected, ofc, all the HEXes in the 3rd/4th gen games are protected to stop the HEX glitch being replicated), and could only be seperately identified from their Pokedex Numbers- the combination of Dex No./HEX would allow the game to then remember their event movesets.

When the magnet came within close proximity to the game, it disrupted the (in simple terms) 'flow' of electricity through the game- the quickest way for the game to overcome this is to temporarily 'blank out', and allow all the data affected by the disruption to cool down by stopping access to it (so, by freezing the game).

Now, for all the other Pokemon, which had their individual species HEX number, their individual IVs, there was no option other than to freeze the game and then wait and reload the Pokemon from the data that was already there before the game froze. However, because all the 10ANIV Pokemon were assigned to the same HEX (this was done to make it easy to copy the data across to the multiple event participants at each location), the 10ANIV Blaziken data had a quicker option- jump to the next nearest Pokedex Number in the sequence of Pokemon with the same HEX. Now, unless I've read up which Pokemon were given away at the 10th Anniversary events wrong, the next closest Dex No. was Celebi's. Now, because electricity/data always takes the shortest route unless forced not to, instead of waiting for the cooldown and reloading the same data, it 'jumped' straight over to the Celebi data. Because the only thing identifying the 10ANVI Pokemon from each other was the Dex No., that's equivalent to the species. Therefore, while the species/Dex No. (the identifier) changed, the nature/name, etc etc remained the same.
    Here's the original page (Celebi pic in there):
    http://pkmn.net/forums/index.php?top...;boardseen#new

EDIT: In the quote, what he means by the, "Hex glitch" is the Hex glitch from G/S/C that some people have used to get Celebi.
    Last edited by Chaos Rush; 15th July 2008 at 6:33 AM.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

I dare someone else to try it with their 10ANNIV Blaziken. For purely scientific purposes, of course. Not just so we can laugh if you lose your Pokemon. Nothing of the sort.

Oh, but if that's true and the only thing that changes is the dex number, then it's a fake. It would not have the ability "Natural Cure" if the dex was ALL that changed. It is very possible to program a Pokemon with the wrong ability (hi, Wondertomb), so don't say that it had to change because it became a Celebi. And I seriously doubt that Natural Cure and Blaze are programmed right next to each other.

So sorry, it's almost guaranteed a fake.

EDIT: And, that's not how event Pokemon are programmed. They're programmed and generated independently from each other so they can't "jump" to one another. That'd be like saying I could drop my DS and my Palcity Mew would turn into a Palcity Lucario just because the dex data is closest and they were given out during the same event. This guy seems like a crackpot who actually doesn't know how the games are programmed to me.
    Last edited by Ellie; 15th July 2008 at 6:39 AM.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

I still don't fully believe it, though Poetictouch's explanation might have helped, I noticed that the picture in the link is...cropped.

EDIT: The guy who claims to have a Celebi said that the nature changed...that would might prove that its fake.

EDIT: I just thought the event Pokemon were programmed to be Pokemon that just happened to be, "met in a fateful encounter".
    Last edited by Chaos Rush; 15th July 2008 at 6:44 AM.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Yeah, they basically are. Well, it's more complicated than that with all the hex and different data used to create them.. but I won't go into that. Basically every single GBA event Pokemon (besides ones like Ageto Celebi, Channel/Wishmaker Jirachi, Mattle Ho-oh, and others that you can "create" yourself over and over again) is generated independently and then traded to you. It'd be just as easy to change the data to any Pokemon as any other Pokemon, so if it did by some miracle change it species, it'd change to whatever is programmed next to Blaziken, which I don't know what it is (but unless Blaziken is the first programmed Hoenn Pokemon, it's not Celebi because Celebi is pre-Hoenn and those are usually coded in order).

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Well, Blazikens index number is close to Celebis, and it gets even closer during migration. Perhaps the magnet made it jump slightly farther than it should.

Fake, in his first post he says it's Careful natured, the picture shows it's Brave.
    Apparently my signature's picture was too big after not hearing anything about it for nearly 2 years! : D
    Will be updated at some point.

Well in the pictur he says its nature changed (but I still think its fake too)

wow thats messed up. i doubt it's real though but still.

Wow. I doubt we could get the same results again..... But I might try this with my emerald....
    I HAVE COMPLETED THE 5TH GEN NATIONAL DEX LEGITIMATELY, AND HAVE SEVERAL EVENT LEGENDARIES, EXCLUDING #647-649.
    If you want something, i'm more than capable of helping, if within reason.

I'M CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR (IN ENGLISH):
        Spoiler:- SPOILER:

White FC: 3825 7836 7272

i think its real.
    And if it is its really cool and totally lucky.
    [IMG]http://i13.*******.com/520xcic.png[/IMG]

But 10 ANIV Celebi alerady exist...

what does 10 ANnIV mean?

My pokemon ;

And A Floatzel.

Duh... 10th Aniversary...

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    But 10 ANIV Celebi alerady exist...
    We know they exist. What the person in the thread Rush posted is claiming is that they turned their 10 ANIV Blaziken into a 10 ANIV Celebi with the name Blaziken. And I already posted why that can't happen :/

Talking Celebi is available. Kinda.

Amazing! I do not need a Celebi though, look at my signiture.

Credit to whoever made the lovely picture above. Unfortunately, I do not know who made it at this time. The hiragana reads: "Yoseatsume"

I type with only my left hand. If you do so, it is optional for you to copy and paste it in your signature.

Did the guy ever show anyone a picture of his 10ANIV Blaziken? I mean, he could have had the Celebi to begin with :\

[img]http://i42.*******.com/4rtd0g.png[/img]

Magnets can cause games to act in strange ways.
    On an original ds if you place a magnet (+ or -, can't remember)
    Under the start and select buttons but over a, b, x, & y, and leave it there, it puts your ds into standby mode o.0 like when the top is shut. I believe a glitch could happen in the game with a magnet with different effects.
    It's somewhat believable.

No. This is fake. The game doesn't have the 10 ANIV Pokémon programmed into it, they, like all event Pokémon are simply a Pokémon with a set OT, ID No., secret ID No. and location. Just like any Pokémon you can catch in the wild.

If that wasn't clear, the game doesn't have the 10 ANIV Pokémon programmed into it so it can't jump to Celebi because of its '10 ANIV status'. If this was all true (barring the 10 ANIV Pokémon being specifically programmed in), Blaziken would've turned into a Mudkip or Combusken instead.

I think its sad that people are still lying about all sorts of rubbish in Pokémon. The person in the quote must be really bored.

Also, the shinyness would've been retained, and, as its been already mentioned in this topic, he says his Celebi had a Careful nature, yet in the picture it's Brave?

Seriously, the people in PKMN.net's thread are showing lots of ignorance. Poetictouch gives a hi-tech information but ignores that the 10 ANIV Pokémon aren't programmed into the game specifically, which you'd expect someone with that technical knowledge to realise (though I guess I shouldn't hold that against him); NO ONE notices Celebi's nature being different between the picture (Brave) and the liar's original one (Careful), and pokesurfer's comment is one which doesn't know what he's talking about. If I wanted to, I could hack that same exact Celebi in 10 minutes. So much for it being a "higly advanced and difficult procedure" >>

*Growls* Hmm maybe I should've been a little less harsh, but people who deliberately lie piss me off.

i doubt if this guy is speaking the truth, there is a program called pokeSAV for the advancegames he might have used that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Emerald View Post
    Oh, but if that's true and the only thing that changes is the dex number, then it's a fake. It would not have the ability "Natural Cure" if the dex was ALL that changed. It is very possible to program a Pokemon with the wrong ability (hi, Wondertomb), so don't say that it had to change because it became a Celebi. And I seriously doubt that Natural Cure and Blaze are programmed right next to each other.
    Not quite. On the 4th-gen, you'd be right, but on the 3rd-gen, Abilities aren't actually stored, but rather are just calculated on-the-fly based on the Pokémon's internal ID.

Nonetheless, flash memory is not affected by ferromagnets, so it's a faaAAKE!! xO

And to stick another nail in its coffin, each Pokémon data entry has a checksum which, when wrong, causes the Pokémon to be interpreted as a Bad Egg, so if, by some miracle, this did work, you'd have a 99.99999997% chance of ending up with a Bad Egg instead of something else you might like.
    Shiny Lovers ClubChristian Alliance

PkMn Pearl: 4468 0773 8281 • MKDS: 356611 325184 • Puzzle League: 429641 119596
    Red Shinies: 4/15 ∗ Shiny Cover Legendaries: 2/8 ∗ Shiny Grass Starters: 1/4

None of my shinies are for trade unless I mention otherwise.

It's probably fake.

All right, this thread has outlived its usefulness. It's been proved by many people in this thread that this is flawed in several different ways and it was just some kid wanting to make up a lie.