Page 58 of 77 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1907

Thread: Official 3rd Gen IVs/EVs/DVs FAQ and Discussion Thread!

Oh ok thanks alot Cxoa, I didnt think the guys response changed if you had a double flawless but thanks for the help
    I am selling my 30GB Ipod Video rarely used for around $150 Pm me if interested my AIM is Gribman92 or my MSN is redsox0127@msn.com get me at those if you're interested.

Currently Playing: Pokemon Yellow then Pokemon Silver

I often found the HP stat least likely gets passed down as lately I try to pair it so both have flawless HP at least. Getting a snorlax female with desired IVs is a pain since it has a 1/8 ratio of being female along with 10240 base steps to hatch.

Speaking of which the few triple-flawless 12.5% female pokemon I have include:

timid eevee (now a jolteon) with flawless hp/sp.atk/speed
    adamant eevee with flawless hp/attack/speed (I see most in-game team rate posts recommend leafia to be jolly or impish)

I also have a female totodile with flawless hp/sp.atk/speed but with undesireable nature.

Of the ones I previously mentioned, it looks like quagsire may be the only one of any interest but may hold off on such breeding for one. I do have a male slowking with flawless hp/defense/sp.def that knows curse & rest I may use with it at least.
    Last edited by Expert Evan; 27th February 2007 at 10:35 PM.

Expert Evan do you know if the IV man in battle frontier will switch the flawless stat that he says if you have more than one flawless stat?
    I am selling my 30GB Ipod Video rarely used for around $150 Pm me if interested my AIM is Gribman92 or my MSN is redsox0127@msn.com get me at those if you're interested.

Ive got a few triple flawless. I really dont think it makes that great a difference if they are above 25 my most recent breeding produced a Porygon with ivs of 13, 25, 30, 31, 29 ,31. Was trying for a Timid nature, but even with the damn everstone it came out a reasonable modest. As its on Emerald, Im yet to see if it will have the right ability for my intended Porygonz

And yes he switches the stat that he tells you is flawless, he just wont tell you, "you have two flawless stats"
    Electric Emolga, Zebstrika and Pikachu

5129 - 1036 - 0654

I wonder if in D/P there is another IV indicator as a nice improvement would be to mention all the stats tied for best instead of randomly mentioning which ones. Worse is to get a wonderfully outstanding quiet larvitar with flawless stats in almost everything else except for HP.

I havent seen one in the Japanese version, however, if you have two DS's, you can use wifi to boost to level 100, which is obviously brilliant for Iv checking, id prefer an ingame method though.
    0129 8290 9922

i don't think you get exp. over wifi

Credit to Arkreis and $Suicune$ (Sorry couldn't get the funky symbols in your name ).

Twinned with the Awesome ScorpionX

thats not what he meant, you can choose to have your pokemon bumed up to lvl 100, meaning you can then use an iv calc to work out the ivs of a low level pokemon. doing this with a whole squad of pokemon is so much quicker than rare candying
    Electric Emolga, Zebstrika and Pikachu

5129 - 1036 - 0654

The bad thing is that you'll probably lose the battle Unless your able to look at your team w/ out battling someone, not sure if thats possible.
    4381 9138 7529

PM for a battle (when I'm online obviously).

I now have another desireable triple-flawless pokemon as follows:

timid female eevee, wonderfully outstanding in abilities
    HP: 31
    Attack: 10
    Defense: 21
    Sp.atk: 31
    Sp.def: 29
    Speed: 31
    HP=Dragon(47)

It already knows baton pass and will intend to clone and have espeon and jolteon. Both parents are jolteon with flawless hp/sp.atk/speed as well and having it as female makes it quite a bonus indeed, although hidden power dragon(47) is useless.

i know theres alot of posts so ima hope no one saw..plz arrgorn or neone great at ev spreads..wats go for the 3 following :

a physical perfeably blastiose (lonely)
    seeder/s attck venasaur (quiet)
    attack/sattack charizard (lonely)

thx so much for answers
    ANAHEIMS POKEMON N DRUGDEALING MASTER

Quote Originally Posted by Expert Evan View Post
    Here's a tale about bagons:

Almost a week ago, I was getting a bit frustrated with the battle frontier as I kept having one bad luck after another, so I resorted back to breeding for more bagons even though I already had at least 6 that were EV trained and with flawless attack & speed, so back into the daycare were these following:

1. docile male bagon with flawless hp/attack/speed that already knew dragon dance, aerial ace, brick break & double edge and was already at a very high level yet unevolved so it can get along with other bagons.

2. adamant female bagon with flawless attack/speed but was better-than-average at least

So for like the longest time, I was getting undesired offsprings with at least flawless attack/speed but everything else sucked, so my goal was to get at least a wonderfully outstanding bagon with flawless attack/speed and at least outstanding hp/defense so it can better withstand against cursing physical types like snorlax, so along came:

an adamant female bagon that was quadruple flawless in attack/speed/hp/defense but it was still only impressive in abilities since both its sp.att & sp.def sucked, so I still went ahead and EV trained it at 252 attack/speed, 6 HP while not evolving it so I could put into the daycare along with its sire and replace her mother with it so this would increase the chances of getting a triple flawless for sure.

Given now that the docile male bagon and the quadruple flawless adamant female bagon are now in the daycare, a miracle of sorts shortly happened:

A shiny bagon hatched as it appeared mostly green instead of mostly blueish. What made this one a little more special was that it was adamant, impressive in abilities with flawless speed & defense but its attack right away looked less than flawless. For novelty purposes, I went ahead and EV trained this new shiny and evolved it into salamence so I can use it from time to time in the battle frontier. As it turned out, its attack was not all that bad as its DV figured in at 23 and only difference in attack stat was by 4 points compared to if it were flawless, so this salamence can still deal tons of damage especially as a dragon dancer for more pwnage.

Was I completely satisfied at this point? Not quite as I still persisted in getting a wonderfully outstanding bagon that I originally wanted. To make a long story short, I finally got that wonderfully outstanding bagon as it was flawless in attack/speed/defense and looks close to flawless in sp.def even though its only apparent weakness is its HP at a DV of 20. Its sp.att appears to be its lowest DV but I really don't care about it. I was able to EV train it and finally took my bagons out of the daycare.

As a follow up, the docile male bagon with flawless hp/attack/speed is currently at level 91 while the adamant female bagon with flawless hp/attack/speed/defense is at level 76. I intend to evolve them both since I'm currently raising the female up to level 100 and will make it a choice bander while the male will need to evolve for getting along purposes in the event I intend to breed them both again in the future.
    And after all that it probly died from an ice beam.... HA! sorry, i used to have a salamence but it always died in one hit from an ice move. so now i can't rely on them. thats why i never use a pokemon which can have a 4X damage like DRAGON/FLYING

ULTIMATE LATIOS

stylie25@hotmail.com
    DIAMOND- 365175 518242 Name- Jake25

that was the stupidest post ive ever seen stylie.

teamkottonmouth, blastoise really should be bold, it doesn't have the stats to back up being a physical sweeper. give it a good chunk of hit points and some defense, with the rest in special attack probably.

venusaur in 3rd gen probably is better physically since sludge bomb is phyiscal and is better than all the grass attacks it learns. max hp and give it some defense or special defense, with the rest in attack.

charizard is fine mixed, just max speed and probably pump the rest in attack, and use overheat as your special attack.

i think those are relatively accurate. without flawless IVs the numbers would be skewed from the standard EV spreads anyways, so those are just basic outlines for what you should be aiming for. im sure aragorn can clean it up a bit though still.

What's a good EV spread for a Modest Gardevoir?

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Quote Originally Posted by TEAMKOTTONMOUTH View Post
    i know theres alot of posts so ima hope no one saw..plz arrgorn or neone great at ev spreads..wats go for the 3 following :

a physical perfeably blastiose (lonely)
    seeder/s attck venasaur (quiet)
    attack/sattack charizard (lonely)

thx so much for answers
    Blastoise should be bold or calm. if you want it to mixed sweep, go for relaxed or sassy, it needs its defences, if you have to hinder a stat that isnt attack/special attack, hinder speed. Personally, id go for;

Bold@Leftovers
    252hp/erm... read the advice i gave expert evan 2 pages back
    surf
    rest
    sleep talk/counter
    ice beam

Venusaur should also really be calm or careful, depending on whether you go physical or special.

Careful/calm@leftovers
    252hp/164defence, rest in special defence or whichever attack your using
    leech seed
    sub
    sludgebomb/giga drain
    synthesis

I recommend bomb>drain otherwise your walled by grassers.

Charizard would be best with max attack, max speed and the rest in special attack, it sucks without dragon dance or belly drum imo, consider rebreeding?

Lonely@salac berry
    264 speed (stat), max attack, rest in special attack
    Belly drum/dragon dance
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide/Return
    Fire Blast/Sub/Overheat

And a really big help would be to find the exact ivs, that way we can give evs to help you reach a certain stat, otherwise it will probably just maxing two stats, which isnt generally helpful.
    Last edited by Akayfortyseven; 1st March 2007 at 8:17 PM.
    0129 8290 9922

What level should I start training my Kirlia in Sp.Att? And maybe some EV spread suggestions?
    TO ALL PEOPLE TRADING WITH ME - I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TRADE RIGHT NOW, BECAUSE I NEED TO GET THE WI-FI ADAPTOR FIRST. WHEN I WILL GET IT I WILL DELETE THIS MESSAGE AND PM YOU

Credit to Raden Surya for the Dragon Power animation!
    Mewthree's D/P Trades
        Spoiler:- claims:

If I recall correctly, I read somewhere that gardevoir's EVs should be at 160 HP, 154 Defense, 172 sp.atk, 20 speed to make it more tanklike since it can calm mind to catch up.

So far as charizard in 4th generation, I would think a belly drummer or dragon dancer can be adamant since it can learn the physical fire attack Flare Drive and its EVs can be distributed in HP/attack/speed.

What is a good ev spread for a wobbufett? Oh and kinda off topic but which gender wobuffet do I have have the lax inscense attached to, to make an egg

Edit:sorry for being more off topic but where do I get Wobbuffet in Emerald?
    Last edited by Gribman92; 1st March 2007 at 10:17 PM.

Any one of the couple.

And maybe something like that: 252Def/252Sp.Def/6HP/180Sp.Att/0Att/20Spd
    TO ALL PEOPLE TRADING WITH ME - I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TRADE RIGHT NOW, BECAUSE I NEED TO GET THE WI-FI ADAPTOR FIRST. WHEN I WILL GET IT I WILL DELETE THIS MESSAGE AND PM YOU

Mewthree's D/P Trades

Ok thanks mew 3

Quote Originally Posted by Gribman92 View Post
    What is a good ev spread for a wobbufett? Oh and kinda off topic but which gender wobuffet do I have have the lax inscense attached to, to make an egg

Edit:sorry for being more off topic but where do I get Wobbuffet in Emerald?
    in emerald, wobbuffet is in safari zone. Also the elderly lady's egg from Lavaridge hatches into a wynaut

Recommended nature: bold
    EV: 252 defense/sp.def, 6 HP

I used secret bases with self-destructing golem for defense and string-shot dustox for sp.def to mostly EV train it.

And you get Wobbuffet either by getting the egg from the old lady in Lavaridge town, or in Safari Zone, i think NE.

EDIT:
    Should I start EV training Kirlia/Gardevoir early(20s-30s) or late(40s+)?
    Last edited by Mew3; 1st March 2007 at 10:53 PM.

Mewthree's D/P Trades

Quote Originally Posted by Expert Evan View Post
    If I recall correctly, I read somewhere that gardevoir's EVs should be at 160 HP, 154 Defense, 172 sp.atk, 20 speed to make it more tanklike since it can calm mind to catch up.

So far as charizard in 4th generation, I would think a belly drummer or dragon dancer can be adamant since it can learn the physical fire attack Flare Drive and its EVs can be distributed in HP/attack/speed.
    Flare drive wouldnt be a good idea on a belly drummer, if you set up correctly youll be at 25% health, so you dont want to loose any more. Fire punch is probably better.

A tanky gardy needs WoW and Calm mind to.
    0129 8290 9922

I know his is the dumbest question ever asked, but should I finish EV training my Houndoom in S.Att after I battle with 126 Spindas/Slugmas?

Mewthree's D/P Trades

Quote Originally Posted by Mew3 View Post
    I know his is the dumbest question ever asked, but should I finish EV training my Houndoom in S.Att after I battle with 126 Spindas/Slugmas?
    yes or you will be wasting 3 ev's points
    future pearl team
    made by shadow master

Page 58 of 77 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast