Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 3rd Gen IVs/EVs/DVs FAQ and Discussion Thread!

you put in 87.

the only calculator i know of that worked the other way was pokefor's, but that's closed down now.

Question

What's a good nature or what are some good natures for Mixed Sweeper Pokemon? (like Tyranitar or Exploud for example?)
    Name: ANTJF Brawl Friend Code: 3093-6768-2145
    Name: Anthony Diamond FC: 0688 1731 1865

exploud should be a physical sweeper. it's best as a pure physical sweeper with flamethrower/fire blast for steels.

there are no sure guidelines, but GENERALLY:

if the pokemon's speed is low already (tyranitar or swampert) use brave or quiet.

if the pokemon is fast and needs speed (blaziken), boost the better attack and lower the weaker defense.

i dont understand EVs anymore, i gave my lv 25 bagon who i just caught 10 calciums meaning it got 100 EVs so it should get 25 stat increase, but it just gained one stat increase every 2 calciums so it only gained 5 stats for 10 calciums when it shouldve gained 25, what the hell happened?

it will be 25 extra stat points at level 100. the actual stat bonus you get at your current level is (((EV/4)*level)/100), so you should have gotten something like 5 or 6 at level 25, depending on your IVs.

thanks but how will it gain 25 extra at lv 100?, will it gradually gain more than usually or just +25 bonus at the end

Quote Originally Posted by gamefreak5034
    thanks but how will it gain 25 extra at lv 100?, will it gradually gain more than usually or just +25 bonus at the end
    It will have a gradual gain.

do you know the rate the stats willl go up by

assuming that it doesn't get any other EVs, it will get an extra point every 4 levels.

ok. so that means that 4 evs only equal 1 stat increase at lv 100 and at other levels the amount of evs at equal one stat increase is different

Question

I have a Modest Kyogre that I obtained in a trade. I saw that it gained some experience from my friend who had trained it and I don't think it was EV trained properly. How should I go along with taking away it's EV's using berries? What berries should I use? Thanks.
    Name: ANTJF Brawl Friend Code: 3093-6768-2145
    Name: Anthony Diamond FC: 0688 1731 1865

the simple way (though you may end up using 1 more of each berry than you need to) is:

for each stat, feed kyogre the appropriate EV berry until it says "kyogre turned friendly! base (stat) can't fall!" this means that kyogre has no EVs left in that stat.

if it says "it won't have any effect", then not only are there no more EVs in that stat, but kyogre has reached its maximum happiness.

if you're concerned with berry conservation, do it the simple and keep track of how many berries you needed to use, then feed it 1 less. (unless it said it had no effect, in which case use the same amount). it should work. you can check that all your EVs are gone by saving, then seeing whether the EV berries still say "base (stat) fell!"

if you're going to do a simple 255/255 spread (or 252/252/4 spread), you might as well not remove the EVs for SAtk and Spd (if that's what you're training), and just max them out. you can then feed it 1 EV berry for each, and give it 7 EVs in each to bring it to 252 and go beat up a whismur for the 4 HP EVs.

Can anyone Help me how to Ev train my Shiny Beldum is stats are_
    Beldum level 5
    HP:19
    Attack:10
    Defense:14
    Special Atack:7
    Special Defense:12
    Speed:9

Im so confused, can someone tell me how im supposed to know if im getting the right amount of stat bonus with Evs im getting in that level up and how are you supposed to know the pokemons natural increase so you know if it got a bonus from that

i dont understand how effort points will be counted in a later level. well i was hp ev training my milotic and i battled like 20 Marills with Macho Brace and it only went up by 3! So that means those effort will be counted later on when i dont effort train on that peticular level for hit points
    I have battled the Frontier among its 7 facilities... You might say I have some confidence in my ability.

Pepsi_Plunge - That would be better asked in the RMT section of the forums, where people can give you an EV spread plus a moveset.

gamefreak5034 - The formula for finding out if you're on track with your EV-training is in the first post, the large quoted part by Whompthian. You really shouldn't worry about it all that much--if your Pokemon is battling, it IS gaining EVs even if you can't specifically see the STAT gain. How much your Pokemon's stats will increase naturally, without EVs, depends on the Pokemon's Natures, Base Stats, IVs...there may be a way to calculate it, but it's so many factors. Basically, don't worry about how much your Pokemon is gaining stat-wise per level, it's still gaining the EVs and will have all the stats it's supposed to at LV 100.

nevada11 - Pretty much, as I explained above don't worry too much about how much your Pokemon's stats are going up, stat gain from EVs is kind of broken up and distributed in small pieces per level, to prevent a LV 10 Pokemon from having, say, 100 in Attack and being WAY stronger than it should right away.
    RULES

Read. Learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    Hey mods, guess what, theres a spam post in a thread in a forum. Im not gunna tell you where! You have ot look for it! Lol! And when you dont find that specific post in that specific thread wihtin 5 MINUTES... Im gunna post a thread to complain about your poor modding behavior =( *****es. HOW DARE YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ME!?!??! Now start searching.

oh thats what you ment thanks a lot
    I have battled the Frontier among its 7 facilities... You might say I have some confidence in my ability.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWizard42
    assuming that it doesn't get any other EVs, it will get an extra point every 4 levels.

I got a new bagon lv 5 and give 10 calciums and raised 1 Special attack point and at lv 8 it raised 2 and at lv 12 it raised by 3 so it was going fine until lv 16 where it raised by +1 when it shouldve raised by +4 right?And i dont know if this matters but i was doing special attack training in the process

that number no longer holds if you're also EV training it, but i think you misunderstood anyway.

i'm not saying that at leveling up it will get +1 for every 4 levels it has, otherwise something that leveled to 96 would get +24 to the stat for leveling up.

what i am trying to say is that if you have two identical pokemon (same IVs/nature/species/level), but one has been given 10 HP UPs, then it will have 1 extra point in that stat for every 4 levels they have. if they're level 20, its HP will be 5 higher.

So if I had a Pokemon with Pokerus and Macho Brace attached, how many Pokemon do I need to beat to get 252 Ev's in one stat?

For example, I have a Level 5 Bagon with Pokerus and Macho Brace attached. I beat how many Spinda(giving 1 Ev) to get the max Ev's(252) in that stat. How about a Pokemon that gives 2 and 3 Ev's?
    Last edited by Storm_Dragoon; 2nd August 2006 at 9:07 PM.

each spinda gives 4 EVs in this case. so 252/4 = 63 spindas maxes out your SAtk. as for a pokemon that gives 2 normally, you'd have to beat 31.5 (63/2). so, beat 31 of them and one that usually gives just 1. and one that gives 3, you'd only have to KO 21 (63/3).

each spinda gives 4 EVs in this case. so 252/4 = 63 spindas maxes out your SAtk. as for a pokemon that gives 2 normally, you'd have to beat 31.5 (63/2). so, beat 31 of them and one that usually gives just 1. and one that gives 3, you'd only have to KO 21 (63/3).

Alright thanks. I will try beating the Pokemon giving 3 Ev's to make it go faster.

that number no longer holds if you're also EV training it, but i think you misunderstood anyway.

i'm not saying that at leveling up it will get +1 for every 4 levels it has, otherwise something that leveled to 96 would get +24 to the stat for leveling up.

what i am trying to say is that if you have two identical pokemon (same IVs/nature/species/level), but one has been given 10 HP UPs, then it will have 1 extra point in that stat for every 4 levels they have. if they're level 20, its HP will be 5 higher.

I did misunderstand , thanks

How would my Blaziken get a flawless defense IV if niether of it's parents have a flawless IV there?
    Sapphire Scramble Challenge completed.
    Now taking Pearl Challenge Final Team:
    Luminion Torterra Bastiodon Rapidash Carnivine Luxray

Only 3 IV values come from the parents (the IVs chosen are random, and the parent chosen for each IV are random). The other three are set at random.
    RULES

Read. Learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    Hey mods, guess what, theres a spam post in a thread in a forum. Im not gunna tell you where! You have ot look for it! Lol! And when you dont find that specific post in that specific thread wihtin 5 MINUTES... Im gunna post a thread to complain about your poor modding behavior =( *****es. HOW DARE YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ME!?!??! Now start searching.

Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast