Page 21 of 77 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 3rd Gen IVs/EVs/DVs FAQ and Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingFlareon View Post
    I've got a question and I was wondering if one of you might be able to help me. I was breeding eevee's and now I've hatched a wonderfully outstanding, female eevee with flawless iv's in sp.def/sp.att and def , but here's the problem it's got a rash nature... Now I want to evolve it later but I don't have the slightest idea which one of the evolutions fits it's nature the best. I've already got an umbreon, so into which of the other 4 evolutions should I evolve my eevee?
    ps: sorry if my grammar is wrong, I'm dutch ^^
    rash nature isn't really good for any of the eeveelutions. it might be least bad for either espeon or jolteon.

check what its exact IVs and hidden power are.

I have a solrock at level 26 and have just ev trained it to 126 evs in HP, yesterday, there was the Energy guru sale so i bought 10 proteins and 3 zincs, I`m thinking of sweeper-ish/tank solrock, I was thinking about this ev spread:
    HP-126
    ATK-100
    SP.DEF-252
    DEF-26, is this a good ev spread? I`m definetly gonna raise its special defense seeing as its near flawless and is careful nature, would some defense evs be ok?

Marluxia the level 5 Cherrim!

Yay for Marluxia

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWizard42 View Post
    rash nature isn't really good for any of the eeveelutions. it might be least bad for either espeon or jolteon.

check what its exact IVs and hidden power are.
    I tried the equation to calculate it's iv's in the other 3 stats but the iv's I got out of that were all 10, which isn't possible because then eevee couldn't be wonderfully outstanding. So then I tried the iv calculator and I got these results:
    HP: average 20 , % 3, min 10, max 30 and that was the same for att and spd
    It's hidden power is fighting type with the power being 60

KingBattlus...you're my new hero. 8D I do belive EV Training now makes sense. Thank you so much. c:

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingFlareon View Post
    I tried the equation to calculate it's iv's in the other 3 stats but the iv's I got out of that were all 10, which isn't possible because then eevee couldn't be wonderfully outstanding. So then I tried the iv calculator and I got these results:
    HP: average 20 , % 3, min 10, max 30 and that was the same for att and spd
    It's hidden power is fighting type with the power being 60
    serebii's calculator gives you the average, which is useless. use this one instead: http://metalkid.org/PokemonTools/Cal...culateIVs.aspx

you need a bunch of rare candies in order to get exact IVs.

serebii's calculator gives you the average, which is useless. use this one instead: http://metalkid.org/PokemonTools/Cal...culateIVs.aspx

you need a bunch of rare candies in order to get exact IVs.
    I used 10 rarecandy's on eevee and the calculator showed that it's iv's are as followed:
    hp:19
    att: 24 or 25
    def: 31
    sp att: 31
    sp def:31
    spd: 18

figure out whether it's a 24 or 25.

if it's 25, then your eevee has HP Ice at 68 power, which is awesome for a jolteon.

if 24, then it has HP Psychic at 68 power, which doesn't help any of the eeveelutions.
    Last edited by WhiteWizard42; 29th October 2006 at 3:38 PM.

figure out whether it's a 24 or 25.

if it's 25, then your eevee has HP Ice at 68 power, which is awesome for a jolteon.

if 24, then it has HP Psychic at 68 power, which doesn't help any of the eeveelutions.
    too bad, it's 24
    guess I'll just have to continue breeding then thanks for all of your help though

i finaly understand what it is say if i wanted to give tyranitar 252 in attack how would i like tally it do i tally each shuppet i kill or every 4 shuppets then i put one tally ??
    Skyward sword

What EV's do you think I should concentrate on for my adamant Swampert?

Her IV's are apparently:

HP: 23
    ATT: 30
    DEF: 30
    SPAT: 19
    SPDE: 27
    SPE: 23

I was thinking 252 in attack for certain. But should I put 252 in HP and 6 in SPDE or the other way around?

It has curse as an attack, so I probably won't bother giving her any speed EV's.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Alzi, i would just tally every one you defeat, there's less room for error than marking every fourth.

if you're going to use it for competitive play, i'd say rebreed. cursepert should be:

swampert @ leftovers
    EVs: enough HP EVs to get to 401 HP (240 if you have a 31 IV), most of the rest in Def, some Atk
    relaxed nature
    - curse
    - rest
    - earthquake
    - ice beam/hydro pump/surf

IMO, rebreed for one with at least 28 in HP, so you can hit the magic 401 HP mark. 401 HP and leftovers recovery live through 5 STosses.

Just another quick question. c: Rhom, the charmander, is almost done with his EV training. He's at level 29 right now, and I expect he'll grow another 2 before I'm compleatly done. Anyway, after his EVs are maxed out, what is the best way to help him reach level 100? Should I go through the E4 or should I clone rare candies?

rare candies is quicker, and if the pokemon's EVs are maxed it gives the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by KingBattlus View Post
    Alzi, i would just tally every one you defeat, there's less room for error than marking every fourth.
    so i tally all 252 i kill and thats all?

And what are the bonus EV like when it's up to lv99 you level it up to 100 you get a little more extra or nope?
    Skyward sword

well, if you use vitamins to reach 100 EVs before you begin battling with wild pokemon, you'll cut the number of pokemon you have to battle down to 152, which is a bit less. and yes, that's really all you have to do. use the macho brace if you can, as it will double the number of EVs you get, dropping the number of pokemon you'd have to fight to 76 (assuming that you don't battle with pokemon that are giving more than one EV, such as zubat, dunsparce, or machop).

and the bonus depends on when you do the training, and how much you do. if you max out a stat using 252 EVs, you will have added 63 points to that stat when you're at level 100 then if you hadn't given them those EVs.

and the timing is really not important, but for those who like to see the gains, you should use rare candies up to level 95ish will be okay, and then battle all the low-level pokemon you can get to get the max EVs. (so you have a level 96 charizard with 0 EVs in speed, use 100 carbos, battle 76 zubat (with the macho brace) and when you go up you're next level, you should see a significant increase. if you battle all 252, you'll see even more when you level up than if you use the vitamins, but the vitamins are easier.) regardless of when you do the training, the results at level 100 will be the same

if you have emerald you can test this by cloning two pokemon, and about 200 rare candies. use all rare candies to level up to the mid-upper 90s on the first, and then EV-train and get up to level 100 (once you max your EVs you can use rarecandies the rest of the way). then EV-train your cloned pokemon right away (using the exact same EV spread) and once they're maxed, rare candy him all the way to level 100 as well. you'll find the stats are exactly the same for the two, despite being raised differently.

What? The battle frontier man said my chinchou`s ivs were impressive in abilities, but when I used the IV calculator, it was very wrong, since it said that sp.atk,sp.defense,defense were 0 while HP is 31 and speed is 26, atk being 2, I was pretty sure the calculator would be somewhat closer

Marluxia the level 5 Cherrim!

Yay for Marluxia

did you plug in the right numbers? also, use metalkid's IV Calculator, it'll tell you when numbers are impossible. metalkid.org/PokemonTools/Calculate/CalculateIVs.aspx

And has your Chinchou ever battled before? If so it's gained EVs which messes up the calculations.

The results you got are definitely wrong, getting 0 IVs in three stats is just as rare as getting 31 in three stats.
    RULES

Read. Learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    Hey mods, guess what, theres a spam post in a thread in a forum. Im not gunna tell you where! You have ot look for it! Lol! And when you dont find that specific post in that specific thread wihtin 5 MINUTES... Im gunna post a thread to complain about your poor modding behavior =( *****es. HOW DARE YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ME!?!??! Now start searching.

so how do i tally them agen kingbattlus i don't want to use vitamins because i want to do EV training the long way for now so say i wanted to put 252 in attak i just killed a shuppet i put down 1 on the tally ...then when i reach 252 thats it then i go to another stat probely like speed
    Skyward sword

yes. if your pokemon is holding a macho brace, you can either: A) put one tally down and only count up to 126, or B) count each defeated shuppet as 2 tallies, and go up to 252. it really helps to cut the time in half, so i would recommend getting one if you don't have it.

and if you finihs up attack and your next stat is speed, yes, go fight 252/126 with macho brace zubat in the altering cave. and once you finish up speed, there will be 6 leftover EVs, which is enough to add more point to another stat of your choosing.

just hatched a squirtle with perfect iv in defense, now breeding to get a female squirtle with perfect iv in sp.def then breed both to get squirtle with perfect iv in both def and sp.def

Quote Originally Posted by KingBattlus View Post
    yes. if your pokemon is holding a macho brace, you can either: A) put one tally down and only count up to 126, or B) count each defeated shuppet as 2 tallies, and go up to 252. it really helps to cut the time in half, so i would recommend getting one if you don't have it.

and if you finihs up attack and your next stat is speed, yes, go fight 252/126 with macho brace zubat in the altering cave. and once you finish up speed, there will be 6 leftover EVs, which is enough to add more point to another stat of your choosing.
    i was thinking somthing like this

Tyranitar@Leftovers
    Adamant nature-252 in attack 252 in speed 6 in hp
    Toxic
    Rock slide
    Earthquake
    Dragon Dance

Or should i replace toxic with Taunt and what does taunt actually do because i don't understand it thanks by the way..

Could i breed a lavitar with higher IV if so how?
    Last edited by Alzi; 2nd November 2006 at 9:53 AM.
    Skyward sword

taunt is a move that forces the opposing pokemon to attack you. it's useful against pokemon with roar/thunder wave/toxic... because those moves will fail and they have to use an actual attack. it's better on ttar so after you dragon dance a few times something doesn't come in and try to take you out with whirlwind (usually skarmory), or haze. idk what the IVs on that TTar are, so i suppose u could but they may be alright. as for the EV spread, i dont know what the best one is for a DDTar, but i dont think you need that much speed. i think 200 (actual speed at level 100, not the EVs) is about where you need to be, but im not an expert on ev-spreads. if your ttar is male, it will retain dragon dance when you breed, if it's female, you'll need something else with dragon dance to keep it on the offspring.

yeh its male...so taunt makes it use physical attacks not like those attacks that so like if i taunted a mewtwo it coudnt use calm mind?

thinking to put 252 in speed because that will make me use less dragon dances so then i can attack the oponment quicker before it kills me
    Skyward sword

Page 21 of 77 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast