Page 40 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1907

Thread: Official 3rd Gen IVs/EVs/DVs FAQ and Discussion Thread!

Hatched a quite impressive in ability anorith with a brave nature @ flawless hp/atk/def. The breeding started to get boring so I stopped there.

Now I'm going to attempt to hatch an Aipom w/ flawless atk/spd. It will be a baton passer for Wi-Fi for (??????).

Then, I'll hatch a snorunt with flawless hp/sp.atk/ spd for its new evolution.

Before that, Togekiss has the best pokemon stats aside from slaking this 4th generation. Its bad attack stat can be increased with Hustle.
    Last edited by nevada11; 15th January 2007 at 6:11 PM.
    I have battled the Frontier among its 7 facilities... You might say I have some confidence in my ability.

Wow, nevada. Be sure to clone like....everything.
    Can you list all the Pokemon you have that have awesome IVs?

Platinum FC: 2149 9531 0750

Thanks for answering, Scepgatr.
    no sig for a while

Im currently hatching for Calm/Modest/Bold Togepi with good ivs in everystat besides attack and maybe speed.

Whats a good ev spread so when it becomes a Togekiss in D/P, it can survive at least 1 PorygonZ icebeam/thunderbolt?

Also, whats a good ev spread to survive Kaburaisu`s stone edge?

Marluxia the level 5 Cherrim!

Yay for Marluxia

I've got a quick question about EV's when battling dittos. The pokedex lists them as giving EV's to hp. However if they transform they give experience based off of the pokemon they transformed into. Do they also give the EV's for the pokemon they turned into?

I've got a quick question about EV's when battling dittos. The pokedex lists them as giving EV's to hp. However if they transform they give experience based off of the pokemon they transformed into. Do they also give the EV's for the pokemon they turned into?

I'm currently thinking of breeding for qwilfish but am not sure whether it should be adamant or jolly. I would think jolly since it can learn endure/flail along with destiny bond and other annoying moves. Any suggestions and EVs?

Quote Originally Posted by Olera144 View Post
    y e s

i got a new raichu, also with hidden power water, but the power is a bit lower at 54.

raichu- hasty
    25 HP
    30 AT
    18 DEF
    24 SA
    19 SD
    29 SP

it still is hatched with encore/wish and i can use just about any TM so what should i do with this one? the water seems to do less damage than the other one, despite having a lower IV (14 lower to be exact).

Quote Originally Posted by Expert Evan View Post
    I'm currently thinking of breeding for qwilfish but am not sure whether it should be adamant or jolly. I would think jolly since it can learn endure/flail along with destiny bond and other annoying moves. Any suggestions and EVs?

Qwilfish doesn't need Jolly when it can use Salac Berry.

Qwilfish @Salac Berry
    EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    -Flail
    -Endure
    -Destiny Bond
    -Swords Dance

Quote Originally Posted by KingBattlus View Post
    i got a new raichu, also with hidden power water, but the power is a bit lower at 54.
    Any HP below 60 is not worth using. The Raichu is much better though.

Quote Originally Posted by aragornbird View Post

Qwilfish doesn't need Jolly when it can use Salac Berry.

Qwilfish @Salac Berry
    EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    -Flail
    -Endure
    -Destiny Bond
    -Swords Dance
    Thanks AB, any preference between swift swim or poison point? I just recently hatched a wonderfully outstanding adamant female qwilfish with flawless hp/attack/speed with swift swim ability and at least knows flail so far.

That was fast.

The trait doesn't matter, but I prefer Poison Point so that the opponent risk getting poisoned if it hits you with a contact move.

I wish all my breedings were this fast as I intend to reserve qwilfish and many others for diamond/pearl.

i would like to know the ev's of my ttar, but the furmula is a bit hard to understand. could you give me his ev's?
    tyranitar lvl55
    naughty nature
    current stats:
    hp 190
    atk 222
    def 150
    sp.atk 122
    sp.def 134
    spd 86
    evs:
    252 atk
    128 def
    128 sp.def
    2 hp

credits to swellow_91 for both

29% of the SPPF population has a based-on-nothing percentage in their sig, wich works exactly the same as a chainletter. put this in your sig if you want to become one of them.
    Still looking for a good quote, so you better be funny damnit.

Scepgatr is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Just insert those details in here and you can easily get your IVs in the future.
    Tyranitar IV:
    HP: 28,29
    Att: 28
    Def: 12,13
    SAtt: 23,24
    SDef: 30,31
    Spd: 26,27
    Its a pretty good Tyranitar.

Quote Originally Posted by Scepgatr View Post
    Just insert those details in here and you can easily get your IVs in the future.
    Tyranitar IV:
    HP: 28,29
    Att: 28
    Def: 12,13
    SAtt: 23,24
    SDef: 30,31
    Spd: 26,27
    Its a pretty good Tyranitar.
    wow thanks. this one i'm keeping! too bad for the def, but all the other stats are great. also thanks for the link

credits to swellow_91 for both

29% of the SPPF population has a based-on-nothing percentage in their sig, wich works exactly the same as a chainletter. put this in your sig if you want to become one of them.
    Still looking for a good quote, so you better be funny damnit.

I recently hatched a togepi with flawless hp/sp.atk/sp.def. I have yet to hatch a modest egg. I just can't get a female with good IV's when it comes to togepi eggs since they are so rare to hatch.

Does anyone know the proper speed EV's for a togekiss or any pokemon with a 80 bease in speed?(gardevoir...)

I need enough EV's to outrun a decent amount of pokemon after thunderwave.

If you're not good with EV's, does anyone know how much points thunder wave lowers a pokemon speed?
    I have battled the Frontier among its 7 facilities... You might say I have some confidence in my ability.

Quote Originally Posted by nevada11 View Post
    I recently hatched a togepi with flawless hp/sp.atk/sp.def. I have yet to hatch a modest egg. I just can't get a female with good IV's when it comes to togepi eggs since they are so rare to hatch.

Does anyone know the proper speed EV's for a togekiss or any pokemon with a 80 bease in speed?(gardevoir...)

I need enough EV's to outrun a decent amount of pokemon after thunderwave.

If you're not good with EV's, does anyone know how much points thunder wave lowers a pokemon speed?
    a pokemon with at least 99 speed (stat) will outrun any paralyzed poke but electrode, ninjask, and speed deoxys, and possibly some 4th gen pokemon, but i don't know their stats yet. so if your sole objective is to be faster than paralyzed pokemon, you don't need any EVs.

Does anyone know the proper speed EV's for a togekiss or any pokemon with a 80 bease in speed?
    222 outruns Adamant Tyranitar. Thats 104 Spd with a perfect IV.

It cuts the opponent's speed by 75%.

Great guide Jessi. Thanks for linking me to it. A little confusing but it's as clear as it's going to get. I'm sure after I start EV training I'll ge tthe hang of it. Good job!

-1st place at my Toughest Trainer Tournament
    -Friend Codes
    -White: 3954 6397 8535
    -Diamond: 2019 6150 4056

99 speed? Thank god slowbro had a low speed stat recently round 5 of the factory that made me hold the victory. I thought I would lose it all after slowking's surf.

I'll take to consideration to evaluate 104 ep in speed. After, 252 in Sp.atk.

I should dump the rest into hp I assume. First I have to know if I get a triple-flawless togepi that may have a 0 IV for defense and need some ev's to make it up. Other than that, rest in hit points.

Lol, I remember when I was a noob and I thought I could get like 999 in a stat because I figured out that if i leveled by only battling spinda, I'd get like 10+ of the stat every time =\

I gave up on EV training because I did it before I knew about IV's.

All I do now is trade (well wait until D/P comes out) for EV/IV trained, perfect pokemon.

By the way if anyone wants to trade me good EV/IV trained ubers I will trade big (check my sig).

Good luck to everyone finding your perfect IV's/ EVS
    My Trading Site:
    http://www.freewebs.com/rainbowho-oh/index.htm
    I NEED many things, including:
    Manaphy
    Palkia

Say I wanted to breed a pokemon with Ditto, and I wanted the egg to have the nature of the pokemon(that's not ditto). Would the Everstone trick work if I put the Everstone on the pokemon?
        Spoiler:- My Shiny Pokemon:
    Shinies not displayed above: Farfetch'd, Mandizbuzz, and Lugia

Join the Shiny Hunter's Club today!

Credits: Gotika, Alycee, and Suicune

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosCorruption View Post
    Say I wanted to breed a pokemon with Ditto, and I wanted the egg to have the nature of the pokemon(that's not ditto). Would the Everstone trick work if I put the Everstone on the pokemon?
    if you're breeding with a Ditto, the only way to get the nature passed down is if the Ditto is holding the everstone. so no.

Ok, thanks. I have a Gardevoir that knows Will-O-Wisp, but it is female. Is it possible that since I'm breeding with Ditto, the Ralts will be hatched knowing Will-O-Wisp?
        Spoiler:- My Shiny Pokemon:
    Shinies not displayed above: Farfetch'd, Mandizbuzz, and Lugia

Join the Shiny Hunter's Club today!

Credits: Gotika, Alycee, and Suicune

Page 40 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast