Page 49 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1907

Thread: Official 3rd Gen IVs/EVs/DVs FAQ and Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by [Kingdra] View Post
    Not a good nature =/

Try to get a Bold one with reasonable IVs

Arrrrg but its so hard to catch them

how many stat points does each nature put up/down?

Why is it bad? Lapras is slow speed should help yes?
    [img]http://i14.*******.com/42knr4n.jpg[/img]
    Thanks to ripperstevem5 for the card
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries in their teams.If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature!
    (^started by SapphireL]

Favorite pokemon Thanks IceDragon-
    Save the sharks!

10% increase/reduction for natures.

And there's not much point in boosting the speed of Lapras, as it's so slow, even with the extra speed, it won't be outrunning much.

You could just breed for a new Lapras.
    Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937

3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291 (Spearow, Swanna, Doduo)

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    10% increase/reduction for natures.

And there's not much point in boosting the speed of Lapras, as it's so slow, even with the extra speed, it won't be outrunning much.

You could just breed for a new Lapras.
    Nah, In the league with my friends you can only use the ones you catch so no breeding. Also no legendarys or pokemon you can only get once.

Well I guess its back to the icefall cave for me *sobs*
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries in their teams.If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature!
    (^started by SapphireL]

Save the sharks!

Quote Originally Posted by [Kingdra] View Post
    Not a good nature =/

Try to get a Bold one with reasonable IVs
    Lapras is not a Bulky Water, not with a Fighting and Rock weak. Modest is its best Nature.

Platinum FC: 2149 9531 0750

How about an Adamant Lapras? Since it can use Dragon Dance, and has the same attack and spe.attack stat. (though that would probably work better in D/P).

So what EV's should I give my Adamant Heracross?

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

just been SR for a registeel with good nature i got a careful registeel with ivs of 30 in HP, 26 in SP.ATK and 29 in SP.DEF
    and got a rayquaza with 30 SPD and 27 SP.ATK
    Last edited by kirkeastment; 2nd February 2007 at 6:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    So what EV's should I give my Adamant Heracross?
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

After having a drought of hatching pokemon with desireable natures & IVs, I finally got the following today:

1. chinchou, modest male with volt absorb, wonderfully outstanding in abilities, flawless hp/sp.atk/speed, sp.def = 30, defense = 11, attack = 15-17.

2. growlithe, adamant male with intimidate, wonderfaully outstanding in abilities, flawless hp/attack/speed, defense = 28-29, sp.def = 10, sp.atk = 23-24, knows egg moves crunch, howl & body slam at least.

3. teddiursa, adamant female, impressive in abilities, flawless hp/attack/speed/sp.def, defense = 15, sp.atk = 5, knows egg move sleep talk at least.

4. teddiursa, adamant male, wonderfully outstanding in abilities, flawless hp/attack, defense/speed = 30, sp.atk = 22, sp.def = 23.

Interesting that in previous attempt to get desireable growlithe, it took 350 hatchings until I put it off, now I got one within first 5 hatchings, then I went on to continue breeding with teddiursa and 2 of the above came in this one batch and interestingly another was wonderfully outstanding but only speed & defense were mentioned. Which of the above teddiursa to go with as while the first one is quadruple-flawless, the only difference is it having 15 less IVs in defense compared to the other while the wonderfully outstanding one is only one-off on speed & defense while sp.def is still above 20 at least. I used metalkid's program along with rare candies to see how high they can go to determine their IVs until I turned off the game.

Of course I intend to EV train them once I can determine their appropriate spreads. Suggestions are gratefully appreciated.
    Last edited by Expert Evan; 3rd February 2007 at 4:00 AM.

^You must have a lot of time to hatch all those eggs. What's the best EV spread for this ?

Lapras@Leftovers
    Modest
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Sing
    -Confuse Ray
    4381 9138 7529

PM for a battle (when I'm online obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by Raikou77 View Post
    ^You must have a lot of time to hatch all those eggs. What's the best EV spread for this ?

Lapras@Leftovers
    Modest
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Sing
    -Confuse Ray

I had the same set except surf instead of sing and aragon told me

188 hp 200 sp attack 122 sp def
    (^started by SapphireL]

Save the sharks!

Can anyone give me a good ev spread for my 2 swablues, 1 is calm, other is sassy.
    Im making a supporter set since it cant be hurting much or should I try the FlameClaw combo?

Marluxia the level 5 Cherrim!

Yay for Marluxia

Just use the Calm one.

Altaria @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 24 Spd / 124 SAtk / 108 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Dragon Claw
    - Flamethrower
    - Rest
    - Sing/Heal Bell

Today I was EV training concurrently the new quadruple-flawless teddiursa and the wonderfully outstanding triple-flawless growlithe by get 252 hp/attack for teddiursa & for now 252 attack for growlithe which involved the following:

teddiursa:
    macho brace and pokerus
    10 HPUP/Protein = 100 HP/attack
    2 wurmples = 8 HP
    2 poochyena = 8 attack
    2 trips to wigglytuff base = 144 HP
    2 trips to shiftry base = 144 attack

growlithe:
    macho brace and pokerus
    10 protein = 100 attack
    2 poochyena = 8 attack
    2 trips to shiftry base = 144 attack

When fighting the poochyena & shiftry, I actually switched from teddiursa to growlithe and back so both can concurrently get the attack EVs as well

I recall from another topic in the 4th generation rate section that growlithe's speed should be between the 220 - 285 stat so once I can determine the appropriate hp/speed spread later on. I intend to give the remaining 4 EVs to the future 4th generation ursaring in either defense or sp.def as either can at least gain a point. main difference is sp.def is flawless and defense IV is at 15. I kept it as a teddiursa for now since I only have one double-edge move tutor left and in D/P I see double-edge is an egg move so I may possibly breed with smeargle later on if I'm that picky. Since it's hidden power is dark(59), I render it useless in the 3rd generation.
    Last edited by Expert Evan; 3rd February 2007 at 7:49 PM.

What ability is better for lapras, Shell armor or water absorb?

I would think shell armor because who is going to use water on a water pokemon
    (^started by SapphireL]

Save the sharks!

What ability is better for lapras, Shell armor or water absorb?

I would think shell armor because who is going to use water on a water pokemon
    (^started by SapphireL]

Save the sharks!

Water Absorb. You can switch Lapras into any Water attack and get free healing. Lapras also stops non-Ice Beam CMCune completely.

water absorb on lapras is useful in battle pyramid when facing a trainer with a water pokemon as it attempts to surf houndoom.

Anyways I EV trained the wonderfully outstanding teddiursa whom is now an ursaring at 252 hp/attack, 6 defense as its IVs still calculate at 31 hp/attack, 30 defense/speed, 23 sp.def, 22 sp.atk with a lousy HP=fire(70). The intentions of either ursaring is to make them rest/talkers in D/P.

I also recently hatched a bold male eevee with flawless hp/defense/sp.def which also had around 24 attack and very low sp.atk & speed so I raised it to above level 42 and replaced the male skitty with this one for friendlier breeding for another one. I suppose it could still be good as an umbreon but not as a vaporeon.

Okay well as I posted earlier I got a triple flawless Staryu.

But I wanted to go one better. After breeding for like a week i did it

Quad Flaw. It's the second quad-flaw I've recieved this week the other being Pikachu. It's my lucky week!

The Staryu has Flawless: DEF, SP.ATK, SP.DEF, SPD. It's Modest too.

I reckon that is pretty good. Anyways I reckon it will be a force on BF. It's got speed, it's both defences covered, and with some SPATK to boot to do some serious damage. Currently Lv 7. Gave it 10 Calciums, Carbos. It's holding the Machobrace and it is infected with Pokerus.

Quote Originally Posted by aragornbird View Post
    Water Absorb. You can switch Lapras into any Water attack and get free healing. Lapras also stops non-Ice Beam CMCune completely.

How would you switch him in before the attack hits?

I dont know what CMvune is
    (^started by SapphireL]

Save the sharks!

Your supposed to switch in when you think your opponent is going to use a Water attack.

CMcune = Suicune that used Calm Minds, usually it just has Surf as its attacking move(good to switch in on), If Lapras has Water Absorb Suicune can't hurt it.
    4381 9138 7529

And even then, its resistant to ice beam 4 x, but beware of roar.

Marluxia the level 5 Cherrim!

Yay for Marluxia

Quote Originally Posted by SamIam View Post
    How would you switch him in before the attack hits?

I dont know what CMvune is
    It's called PREDICTION.

Learn your abbreviations. For starters, CM = Calm Mind, SD = Swords Dance, CB = Choice Band, and DD = Dragon Dance.

Finished EV training my Rhyhorn w/ flawless HP/Atk/Def. I came up w/ my own EV spread this time.

Now going to hatch elekids until an adamant one w/ flawless HP/Atk/Spd.
    I have battled the Frontier among its 7 facilities... You might say I have some confidence in my ability.

I know its based on luck, but how many eggs do you usually have to hatch until you get a triple flawless. I've hatched over 250 Absol eggs and haven't got one yet, I've got a flawless HP/Spd Absol (F, w/Everstone) and flawless Atk/Spd Absol(M) in the Daycare. Am I doing something wrong?
    4381 9138 7529

No, it's just that getting a triple flawless only happens one out of 32,768. Having parents with max IVs in the stats that are important helps, but it's still going to be random.

Page 49 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast