Page 50 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1907

Thread: Official 3rd Gen IVs/EVs/DVs FAQ and Discussion Thread!

dragonite what bout him

he has boltbeam but has awesome attack
    I've never heard of warnerbroman.
    You can't stop staring can you?

What is the best moveset for a Sceptile in R/S?

My own banner..

Have a question.

I have a Magnemite I plan to train in special attack and hp only, with the remaining stat in special defense. I gave it 100 vitamins in SA and HP. Using Pokerus and Macho Brace, how many Whismur/Spinda do I need to kill to max out the respective stats? I tried calculating this myself but I'm terrible at math...

Quote Originally Posted by warnerbroman View Post
    dragonite what bout him

he has boltbeam but has awesome attack
    Assuming you're using the SubPunch boltbeam set.

EVs: 120 HP / 72 Atk / 220 SAtk / 96 SDef
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Charizard View Post
    What is the best moveset for a Sceptile in R/S?
    Wrong thread, but anyways:

Sceptile @Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    -Leaf Blade
    -Thunderpunch
    -Substitute
    -Leech Seed

Quote Originally Posted by Iveechan View Post
    I have a Magnemite I plan to train in special attack and hp only, with the remaining stat in special defense. I gave it 100 vitamins in SA and HP. Using Pokerus and Macho Brace, how many Whismur/Spinda do I need to kill to max out the respective stats? I tried calculating this myself but I'm terrible at math...
    lol, you mean 100 EVs, not 100 Vitamins. And 252 - 100 = 152. 152/4 = 38. 38 Whismurs and Spindas.

Platinum FC: 2149 9531 0750

Thanks Aragornbird. Yeah, I meant 10 vitamins, 100 ev's. See, this is why I fail at math!

Quote Originally Posted by Raikou77 View Post
    I know its based on luck, but how many eggs do you usually have to hatch until you get a triple flawless. I've hatched over 250 Absol eggs and haven't got one yet, I've got a flawless HP/Spd Absol (F, w/Everstone) and flawless Atk/Spd Absol(M) in the Daycare. Am I doing something wrong?
    The odds of hatching a triple-flawless where both parents are double flawless in desired stats is like 1:160 and the odds increase when at least one of the parents is triple-flawless at least, which is often why I try to breed triple-flawless IVs on certain chain pokemon. When both parents have the desired triple-flawless stats, the odds are 1:20 that an offspring will have the same desired triple-flawless stats. 250 hatches seems about right as it is often based on luck. Sometimes I get the desired triple-flawless stats almost immediately, sometimes never as was recently the case when I was chain-breeding hp/sp.atk/speed from feraligatr(water1/monster) to surskit(water1/bug) as I believe it took me over 300 hatches until I got a male with them. Intriguingly from that male surskit to get a modest yanma with flawless hp/sp.atk/speed with speed boost, it took me less than 15 hatches until I got one. Others I had trouble breeding included growlithe, but I was also trying to get one with the intimidate ability. Recently in re-breeding, I got one in just the first batch of eggs as flawless hp/attack/speed and wonderfully outstanding as well, and have so far only EV trained it in 252 attack and will raise it to level 47 so it can learn flare drive in D/P before I evolve it.

Breeding for D/P pokemon can indeed be addictive so I've decided to take a break and return to battle factory so I can hopefully finally get this last gold symbol I need. Sometimes taking a break does indeed work but that can also be luck as well. April 22 is still a long ways away so I'm definitely in no hurry.

i know this isn't nearly as good as any of the Heracross Nevada bred recently, but i recently got a wonderfully outstanding, triple flawless that I'm almost 100% happy with. These are the winning IVs:
    Adamant- female
    31- hp
    29- atk
    31- def
    29- sp atk
    2- sp def (WHY couldn't they have been the other way?!?)
    31- spd

i figure this bad boy (or girl i suppose) will make quite a potent CBer, Endrevver, and i have a Jolly quite impressive Heracross that I was going to make a SDer, but may have to try this one out in that position as well. Recent breedings have gone quite well, and I'm down to only a relatively small group of Pokemon left to breed. 32 in all remain, once i get their stats, i'll go to the BF to work on move tutors i may need to do.

When chain-breeding for IVs, here are the following pokemon that are excellent to use:

1. magikarp
    - 1280 steps
    - learns flail, dragon dance & hydro pump
    - water2/dragon groups

2. marill
    - 2560 steps
    - learns double-edge
    - egg moves: substitute, belly drum, amnesia
    - water1/fairy groups

3. surskit
    - 3840 steps
    - learns haze, silver wind, whirlwind
    - egg moves: hydro pump
    - water1/bug groups

4. seedot
    - 3840 steps
    - learns explosion, synthesis, fake out
    - egg moves: leech seed, amnesia, quick attack
    - field/plant groups

5. lotad
    - 3840 steps
    - learns fake out, hydro pump
    - egg moves: leech seed, flail, synthesis
    - water1/plant groups

I did not include TMs since with the emerald cloning glitch I can get infinite of them.

Ok, I have a question about the EV training

In the List of who gives what it says that Pidgey and Rattata both gife 1 point in speed, so does that mean that the grasses around Pallet are a 'good' place to EV-Train for speed ?

Or is this a bad place cause of the low lvl's

(Oh, I'm Planning on training a lvl 5 Pokémon)

Trainer Card done By Jurrit

can anyone answer exactly how IVs are passed? the more i read the more variation i see in responses. some say that they are randomly inherited from the parent, anywhere from 1-3 IVs, generally 2 from one parent and one from the other.

the other predominant theory that i'm seeing floating around is that for each stat, there is a 25% chance that it will come from the mother, 25% from the father (ditto/genderless pokemon will assume the roles of mothers and fathers as well), and 50% of the time the IV is random.

recently i saw suggested a combination of the two: stating that the 25/25/50 was true, AND that the maximum number of IVs that could be passed would be 3.

any answers to how exactly the IVs are passed would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurrit View Post
    Ok, I have a question about the EV training

In the List of who gives what it says that Pidgey and Rattata both gife 1 point in speed, so does that mean that the grasses around Pallet are a 'good' place to EV-Train for speed ?

Or is this a bad place cause of the low lvl's

(Oh, I'm Planning on training a lvl 5 Pokémon)
    Yes it is perfect for speed since you won't run into other unwanted EVs there, and ideal for lowest level pokemon that need the speed EVs. Just be sure to keep track. Other good places for speed is diglett's cave for higher levels, and altering cave in emerald and face only zubats.

Quote Originally Posted by KingBattlus View Post
    can anyone answer exactly how IVs are passed? the more i read the more variation i see in responses. some say that they are randomly inherited from the parent, anywhere from 1-3 IVs, generally 2 from one parent and one from the other.

the other predominant theory that i'm seeing floating around is that for each stat, there is a 25% chance that it will come from the mother, 25% from the father (ditto/genderless pokemon will assume the roles of mothers and fathers as well), and 50% of the time the IV is random.

recently i saw suggested a combination of the two: stating that the 25/25/50 was true, AND that the maximum number of IVs that could be passed would be 3.

any answers to how exactly the IVs are passed would be appreciated.
    It should be 3, at least one from one parent and 2 from the other, which is often why I try to get it so both parents can have the same desireable IVs so it increases the chances its offsprings get them.

One stat in particular that seems to be much more stubborn than others is HP, even when both parents have that stat.

Ok ^^

And it doesn't mater a thing for the EV's if your Pokemon is way higher then the ones you kill ? (so if a lvl 15 kills a lvl 2 it stil gets EV Points? )

Scepgatr is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by Jurrit View Post
    Ok ^^

And it doesn't mater a thing for the EV's if your Pokemon is way higher then the ones you kill ? (so if a lvl 15 kills a lvl 2 it stil gets EV Points? )
    Yes, the levels of your pokémon or the foe has no effect on the number of EVs it gives.

Meh, though I got a wonderfully outstanding Staryu, it had a crappy special attack IV, but I'll list its other IV's as well:

Nature: Timid
    HP: 30
    ATK: 31
    DEF: 31
    SPD: 31
    SP.ATK: 4
    SP.DEF 31

I don't know, but I plan on using this for the Battle Palace (I don't want moveset for it, I know it). Should I use this?

should I keep this Jirachi, or get more from my bonus disk?:

Timid
    Hidden Power Type : Grass (no clue as to what the power is)
    HP : 28-29
    Attack : 3-8
    Defense : 31
    Special Attack : 14-16
    Special Defense : 17-18
    Speed : 25-27

based solely on ivs, this is a no-brainer imo, but I'm not too sure how useful Timid would be without Hidden Power [Ice]. also, keep in mind that I intend to use this in d/p.

keep that one for possible sweeping, but continue resetting for a bold one, IMO.
    Pearl FC is 1761 9576 5676, White FC 3310 3986 5019, If you're interested in a pokemon i've posted, and you have something i could be interested in (see below) please PM me. Trade thread here. i also offer custom breeding services, for a price.

Want: female DW Sableye, Offering: Most other good DW females

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Scalgon View Post
    Meh, though I got a wonderfully outstanding Staryu, it had a crappy special attack IV, but I'll list its other IV's as well:

SP.DEF 31

I don't know, but I plan on using this for the Battle Palace (I don't want moveset for it, I know it). Should I use this?
    As much as it is at or near flawless in all other stats, I would not use it as starmie needs all the special attack it can get. I not too long ago hatched an impish pineco that was quadruple-flawless in attack/speed/defense/sp.def, 30 in sp.atk & about 15 in HP and I'm rather hesitant about training it since its HP seems to suffer.

From my previous post, here are 3 more excellent common chain-breeders:

1. spinda
    - 3840 steps to hatch
    - learned moves: hypnosis, psych up, double-edge, flail
    - egg moves: rock slide, baton pass, wish, trick, smellingsalt
    - field/humanshape groups

2. corphish
    - 3840 steps to hatch
    - learned moves: knock off, swords dance
    - egg moves: endeavor, ancient power
    - water1/water3 groups

3. togepi/togetic
    - 2560 steps to hatch
    - learned moves: wish, double-edge
    - egg moves: substitute, psych up
    - fairy/flying groups
    Last edited by Expert Evan; 7th February 2007 at 5:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Scalgon View Post

SP.DEF 31

Wow, if only its Atk and SAtk were switched around. Unfortunately, you'll hardly do anything when your Max SAtk is only 272.
    You should use it to breed for another Staryu, and hopefully you'll have a better chance of passing down the excellent Spd.

Platinum FC: 2149 9531 0750

OK, I don't understand any of this at all please help me,

I caught a Timid staryu, I then evolved it into starmie, and taught it surf,ice beam, thunderbolt and recover. Then I battled A lot of spinda, I mean alot but I don't know how many. Now it is at level 35 I found a IV calculater.

1) Will I have to start obver and count how many spinda I battle?
    2) Will the IV calculator be accurate enough at level 35 or should I train it up some more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario with Lasers View Post
    Although looking like a penis, Palkia GOT TEH POWAH.

Scepgatr is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by spoff View Post
    1) Will I have to start over and count how many spinda I battle?
    Yes, you will have start over and keep count of the number of Spindas you defeated, otherwise you will invalid results for the IVs.
    Quote Originally Posted by spoff View Post
    2) Will the IV calculator be accurate enough at level 35 or should I train it up some more.
    Yes, calculating IVs at level 35 is fine.

Here is how i write my Ev's on paper.

252 attack Ev's

i count them like this.
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10=10
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10=20
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10=30

Thats how i do them on a piece of paper.
    (just some advice of a easy way i do it)
    Skyward sword

I was thinking of breeding a New Gengar for my team but I dont have a idea about the EV's

Is was planing on this set:

Gengar @ ?
    Nature: Lonely
    -Ice Punch
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Thunder(bolt)
    -Explosion/Focus Punch

Its for Battle Frontier (Ingame) Use , So can anybody help me with a nice EV Spread ?

Please =P

Quote Originally Posted by Alzi~Pokemon Master View Post
    Here is how i write my Ev's on paper.

252 attack Ev's

i count them like this.
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10=10
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10=20
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10=30

Thats how i do them on a piece of paper.
    (just some advice of a easy way i do it)
    Well, how I keep track of EV's is...based on the PP's of the movesets.

For example, I take a Starmie, and it knows Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Surf, and Psychic. First, I give it 10 Calciums, which is 100 EV's, in other words. Then I calculate how much EV's I'll gain while using the Macho Brace.

(Round 1)
    Thunderbolt = 15 PP => 30 EV's (30)
    Ice Beam = 10 PP => 20 EV's (50)
    Surf = 15 PP => 30 EV's (80)
    Psychic = 10 PP => 20 EV's (110)

So, in total, I'll have 110 EV's. But I'm not done yet. I EV train once more, but I have to be careful not to exceed 252 EV's. I'm most likely gonna end up with this:

(Round 2)
    Thunderbolt (0/15) = 15 PP => 30 EV's (140)
    Ice Beam (4/10) = 10 PP => 12 EV's (152)
    (I don't have to use Surf and Psychic again...)

So therefore, 100 + 152 = 252 EV's.

That should do it, really.

While keeping track of how many PP is left per attack is usually fine, beware of certain pokemon that have pressure or do protect for instance the torkoal in team magma's hideout.

At the moment, I've been breeding for a bold wynaut with flawless hp/defense/sp.def and so far here are the best I've come up with so far:

1. relaxed male wynaut impressive with flawless hp/defense/sp.def
    2. bold female wynaut, wonderfully outstanding with flawless defense/sp.def, 30 HP, high sp.atk/speed, low attack

My method will be using the exp.share & pokerus to EV train the above by using a poliwrath base for defense & dustox base for sp.def 4 times each while gardevoir uses psychic on them all.

Should I bother raising this Celebi, or should I look for another one?

Celebi
    Modest nature
    HP: 29 (28-31)
    Att: 29 (28-31)
    Def: 29 (28-31)
    Satt: 15 (14-17)
    Sdef: 10 (9-12)
    Spe: 29 (28-31)

If only that attack and sp attack were the other way around. Byt do you think Calm Mind could make up for the bad sp attack/defence?

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Page 50 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast