Page 1 of 110 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocketshipping General Discussion

Default Rocketshipping General Discussion

Does it have any supporters here?

Well, I was a bit surprised there isn't a thread here discussing it. Though it's a fanon by now due to the lack of hints, and even anti-shippingness, Jessie and James are main characters, beloved for some, and the rocketshipping fanbase is still big. Anime =/= manga, but it's interesting to note that it's canon in the japanese comics.

To bring up a topic, I've seen some people claiming rocketshipping is dead in anime. I didn't get to see the anti-hints yet, but were them blatant enough? According to Manene ep, James sucks the idea of him and Jessie being a couple... as a rocketshipper, I would feel sorry, but that fantasy scene of James wondering about being Jessie's "housewife" made me laugh insanely! The Bicker the Better is also considered an anti-shipper ep... but it was also funny as hell. Maybe the comedy is what makes it so nice.

Isn't it cute when they hug eachother?!

Discuss!
    Last edited by Lux; 5th February 2006 at 7:52 AM.

Well, going by the census, it certainly does have supporters. Then again, if the forums themselves are any indication, not many people are as interested in it as they are with other ships.

Anyway, it's my personal favorite pairing, which I could attribute partly to Kojirou being my favorite character. But also it is quite apparent that he and Musashi have such a strong friendship, and I've always found that to be sweet. It is a shame that the current writers are apparently trying their best to undermine the subplots set up in the first couple years, but in the end I'm not that bothered by it really. They can do what they will with the canon of the show and I'll still like the ship regardless.
    Last edited by Heracross; 5th February 2006 at 9:01 AM.
    ~

Yeah, that's sad that the supporters aren't that interested about talking about this ship...

As for me, I would like to set up a hint list - I know there's a lack, but there are some back in Kanto days. The greatest hint ever happen to be the one in the end of "Holly Matrimony"... I'm sure all rocketshippers here must remember that one

I think this one is from Saint Anne ep. I can't remember the dialogue, but they were talking about never let go from eachother, and how they were pretty, or something like that.
    Last edited by Lux; 5th February 2006 at 6:43 PM.

I'm sure you guys liked the part when James falls on top of Jessie (I think) In "Love and the Origin of youth!" too XD

It was SO wrong of the writers to give up on J&J!!!!

You don't just tease us with it in a bunch of early episodes, then act like Mewtwo mindwiped you so now they hate each other! I just want to know when the downward spiral occurred.

Lots of Rocketshippy goodness ... http://www.trsrockin.com/rocketshippy.html
    Last edited by ImJessieTR; 6th February 2006 at 1:26 AM.

Rocketshipping broke about even in the newest AG movie, didn't it? Keep in mind I'm trying to be light on the spoilers here for those who haven't seen it. Musashi said she didn't care about catching pokemon and just wanted to dance with Kojirou some more--until that nice looking fellow started dancing with her, of course, and she more or less fell in love with him. But later, when bad things started happening to Musashi, Kojirou fought to save her with everything--and he was animated really beautifully during that scene, as if the animators were paying extra attention to the scene because of its importance. Anyone else notice this?

Really??? This is just GREAT, Wobbsalad!! Too bad I've never got to see the movie... Would you mind posting some screenshots here, if you have them?

Quote Originally Posted by STJ
    I'm sure you guys liked the part when James falls on top of Jessie (I think) In "Love and the Origin of youth!" too XD
    Yep! That was pretty shippy!... One of the most pretty R-shippy scenes *Tries to find a pic*
    Last edited by Lux; 6th February 2006 at 2:17 AM.

Last edited by Heracross; 6th February 2006 at 2:13 AM.
    ~

Awww... the cuteness! Lovely pics, Heracross!! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    I love this one!

Okay, as per Lux's request, I got to work and made a couple rocket pics from the movie...I'll do my best to remember what was going on.

Kojirou's there to steal rare Pokes, but put Musashi in that dress and she'd rather dance all night

The guy who had been dancing with May cuts in

But Musashi likes him...

Likes him enough to lose her sense of civility and starts tossing him all over the place. You know, with romantic skills like this, I don't think we have a lot to worry about in regard to Rocketshipping. Musashi's probably going to be the only option open to her...

While James is left awkwardly dancing with a 10 year old who thinks she recognizes him from somewhere...

You know, it wasn't directly stated in the movie, but I just realized that the two of them had to have spent the night together inside a car trunk.

"Somethings coming from behind? I'm not a kid you know, you can't trick me like that..." Jesse's actually kind of cute in this pic.

James, lookin' sharp, sends out his Cacnea

Nice eyes, huh?

He dodges Sabonea's usual hug hello, as right now it's serious business

It doesn't work, and Musashi is eaten by the gelataneous blob

Kojirou's really upset by this

Some good scenes of caring and closeness, hope you liked 'em. A couple more were edited out for space and can be found at:

http://members.socket.net/~gatsuuga/jj/

Oh i definintly support! ^.^ Nice pics by the way

Aww... What a splendid job, WS!! XD

Quote Originally Posted by wobbsalad

You know, it wasn't directly stated in the movie, but I just realized that the two of them had to have spent the night together inside a car trunk.
    Yeah... I think they're already used to that, due to the amount of years they've been travelling together

Nice eyes, huh?
    OMG. Teh hotness!!!

Kojirou's really upset by this
    Poor Jimmy... it was not your fault

Some good scenes of caring and closeness, hope you liked 'em.
    You bet we liked!! Thank you very much!!! This movie has brought some nice rocketshippyness and some would never know about that if it wasn't those sweet shots!

*wipes sweat off brow* Whew ... and I thought the ship was dead!

Whoops, I wrote one of those sentences funny. I meant since Jesse/Musashi's such a goofball around men, being close friends with James/Kojirou is a point in Rocketshipping's favor...

You know, this might be one ship nearly everyone can agree on. What competetion or cause for militant Anti-Rocketshippers might there be with this one?

You've clearly never been to Pokémopolis. XD
    ~

Yeah, I guess with a ship like this as old as the hills, there's bound to have been lots of weird stuff associated with it. I really don't go to a lot of sites...

Yeah, the pokemopolis dudes are convinced about James being homosexual. Indeed, this is the opinion from most of the anti-rocketshippers. Despite of his occasional flamboyantness, though, he has never shown interest for males, but for girls (like Kate, in the Hoso) so I don't get into this.

>.< I'm not going to let this thread die... not since it didn't even really start yet... How about a new topic?
    How do you think Jessie would react if James asks her out for a cup of coffee?

She'd insist he'd buy, for starters. Then it would be lunch, then dinner at a fancy restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marowak XD
    >.< I'm not going to let this thread die... not since it didn't even really start yet...
    Yep! Come on! Rocketshippers, unite! ^^

How do you think Jessie would react if James asks her out for a cup of coffee?
    Wow, this is a hard one... but I think she would blush, and try to deny her embarassment by saying she'd prefer a dinner in an expensive restaurant. Poor James!

Random pic:

Banner by me

[Claims] Shiryu from Saint Seya (bishie) | Raimundo from Xiaolin Showdown (cartoon bishie) | Heart of Sword from Rurouni Kenshin (anime song)

Default ^^

I love Rocketshipping, and although there isn't much of a fanbase here, there is a significant amount of fans all over the internet.
    As mentioned, Pokemopolis is bent on the idea that Kojirou is a homosexual. That's Pokemopolis' nature, but other sites think so too, claiming that he must at least be bisexual. I honestly don't know or care.
    [IMG]http://i4.*******.com/21nps3c.gif[/IMG]
    Domo arigato gozaimasu, Kamileah!

Bishie: Hibiki Ryoga/Cartoon Bishie: Mr. Krabs/Celebrity: Eric Stuart/Anime Song: Jajauma ni Sasenaide/Couples:Chikoshipping, Mousse x Shampoo, Ryoga x Ukyo/Song: Killer Queen

Why do you wanna be one of them?
    What kind of job is that?
    Breaking hearts and crushing souls
    Just doesn't please me
    I've found my place
    And it's not enforcing crap

It's never bothered me. As far as I'm conscerned, they're just as entitled to that opinion as anyone else, flawed though the logic may be. As long as they keep that opinion to themselves for the most part and aren't beligerant about it there isn't any reason for me to care.
    ~

Well, he can definitely be flamoyant, but the entire team is over-the-top. Also, Jesse cross-dresses too but I don't hear anyone claiming she is lesbian. She just mocks traditional female roles, like James does male ones. James always seems to be concerned about Jesse's welfare (when he's not ticked off at her), so I still say he loves her.

Default ^^

Quote Originally Posted by ImJessieTR
    Well, he can definitely be flamoyant, but the entire team is over-the-top. Also, Jesse cross-dresses too but I don't hear anyone claiming she is lesbian. She just mocks traditional female roles, like James does male ones. James always seems to be concerned about Jesse's welfare (when he's not ticked off at her), so I still say he loves her.
    As far as I'm concerned, there's some sort of love between these two. Some sites suggest that they're girlfriends...^^...I believe that if they don't "love" each other, they are definitely brother/sister type.
    [IMG]http://i4.*******.com/21nps3c.gif[/IMG]
    Domo arigato gozaimasu, Kamileah!

Bishie: Hibiki Ryoga/Cartoon Bishie: Mr. Krabs/Celebrity: Eric Stuart/Anime Song: Jajauma ni Sasenaide/Couples:Chikoshipping, Mousse x Shampoo, Ryoga x Ukyo/Song: Killer Queen

Why do you wanna be one of them?
    What kind of job is that?
    Breaking hearts and crushing souls
    Just doesn't please me
    I've found my place
    And it's not enforcing crap

jinxie Guest

flahaha if they were a lesbian couple, jessie would be the butch and james would be the you fail to read the rules.

I love rocketshipping

I never see any supporters. aww. it's sad. when people here write rocketshippy fics, they hardly get any reviews.

who else loved the princess vs. princess episode? it's cute that james and meowth dressed up as dolls for her when she didn't win. blah. misty is icky. i miss her

love the pictures. james looks adorable in this one:
    oh. these are from team rocket's rockin. I thought some of these were very cute

http://www.trsrockin.com/images/prehistoric.jpg
    look how low james's arm is. that's more of a 'boyfriend' type of hug
    http://www.trsrockin.com/images/baseball.jpg
    AWW! what episode is this from? and what's going on?
    http://www.trsrockin.com/images/pillow.jpg
    http://www.trsrockin.com/images/wont_abandon.jpg
    "don't worry. I won't abandon you"
    http://www.trsrockin.com/images/shippyprincess.jpg
    princess competition. i love that episode
    http://www.trsrockin.com/images/TRdollset.jpg
    "doll set"
    http://www.trsrockin.com/images/balloonshippy3.jpg
    http://www.trsrockin.com/images/pikastare.jpg
    jessie's arms are a little low. not a lot.
    http://www.trsrockin.com/images/forjessie.jpg
    this one's for you, jessie!

I love the baseball one the best. it's very romanticlooking
    Last edited by Kiori; 25th March 2006 at 12:12 AM.

Page 1 of 110 123451151101 ... LastLast