Thread: Togepi Gender Probability? ;175;

Default Togepi Gender Probability?

Ok, I started playing my old Crystal game and am trying to hatch the Mystery Egg into a Female Togepi... however, I have been trying for two days( aprox. 6 hours of play), as I saved my game two steps before hatching(and it takes 36 seconds to be able to see the gender), and it is always male... My question is this: Is the probability of the Mystery Egg being female the same as the probability shown on the Gen Two Togepi page (at 12.5% female) or will the Mystery Egg always be Male? I want to know if I should stick it out and keep trying for a female or just hatch a male and then be able to keep playing my game... Thank you for any help!
    P.S. I don't think this a glitch, so I made a new thred with my question...

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think the gender for the Pokemon is set when you receive the egg, not when you hatch it. So if you have obtained the egg and are two steps away from hatching it, the reason it is always Male might be because it's gender has already been set. Again, I can't say it is like this for sure, but that's what I would guess is the reason. Unfortunately, the only solution I can think of if you want a Female Togepi is to restart your game and then save before you obtain the egg. Or you could breed for a Female Togepi using a Ditto later on in the game.
    September Blue, Thy sorrows be forgotten
    October Auburn, Let this season pass
    November Gray, Restore with thy rain
    December White, Thy beauty ever last

Crud... that makes too much sense!!! Thank you for the input!

Kalosian's answer sounds right from what I know.

If you have more questions, please use the halo/FAQ thread stickied at the top of this forum.
    >>// \\<<