Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Official GSC Programming & Beta Glitch Thread

I think beta town 3 was supposed to be Ecruteak city. Look at the shape of the tower, and it looks similar to the beta Ecruteak.
    FC: 5043 1366 9389

I claimed Deoxys, and serebiiforums is my homepage. Good luck claiming it.

de en onkwo gii en GSC peda pada pda am

Translation : There are lots of glitch in GSC , not list en.........
    Last edited by Psychic; 11th May 2011 at 5:37 AM.

you can actually get to the PCC...http://www.serebii.net/crystal/pcc.shtml
    "I'm one of the freaks, the f4gg0ts, the geeks, the savages, rogues, rebels, dissident devils, artists, martyrs, infidels. Do we sit still under attack, or do we start pushing back? Never back up, never back down, and fight" - Otep

"Keep your voices raised
    Keep your knuckles bloody" - Otep Fists Fall

It takes 5 years to figure out your first tattoo, 5 minutes to figure out your second, you're already thinking about your third during your second

I think that the 2nd strange picture is viridian forest, because that was not added to Kanto in G/S/C.

hey can found about the third tower in beta town 3.... If you found the ans so post here..

Strange Map 1 is the Demo Forest from Spaceworld '97. No doubt about it. From descriptions of the demo, you do apparently go through a forest before facing Silver at an entrance to a cave by a Pokemon Center. This fits the bill.

As for the 5 caves, all but one seem to have a bad tileset, or the tileset was rearranged at one point. Cave 5, in particular, seems to be from when the minecart was a thing. The path with the ladders appears to signify this. Maybe fool around with them a bit?
    Last edited by Chippy2000; 25th December 2016 at 4:32 AM.

I remember hearing they wanted a skateboard in GS, but it didn't make it to programming. Maybe Teru Sama was the skateboard?

On another note, here's a question I don't think anyone's asked... Assuming Kanto was limited due to space left on the cartridge, how much space does all this beta information take up? If they got rid of the beta files on the cartridge, could they have had space to expand kanto? Like, to add a safari zone, the cinnabar island, pewter museum, viridian forest...
    FC: 5043 1366 9389

I claimed Deoxys, and serebiiforums is my homepage. Good luck claiming it.

Exclamation The Safari Zone is there, and it functions.

TERU-SAMA is a number of items, with only 2 having any functionality at all. 06h is the Town Map from Pokemon Red and Blue, with only small functionality existing. 38h works as the Poke Flute. The TERU-SAMA were eventually reused to make new items in Pokemon Crystal, such as the GS Ball.

"If they got rid of the beta files on the cartridge, could they have had space to expand kanto? Like, to add a safari zone, the cinnabar island, pewter museum, viridian forest..."
    The Safari Zone, does in fact, exist in Pokemon Gold. It's got unused, but fully functional warps, in Fuchsia City. Same place as before and all. It has a hallway as well, with no attendant or person in sight. You can enter the Safari Zone from here, but can't get out. I have personally managed to make this functional before (see signature).

Linking in with the Safari Zone, there are 2 other tables of Pokemon that can run away. They are as follows:

Table 1 (25% chance to flee a turn):
    Eevee
    Porygon
    Togetic
    Umbreon

Table 2 (50% chance to flee a turn):
    Articuno
    Zapdos
    Moltres

Table 3 contains the Legendary Beasts, who have a 100% chance to flee. I believe that Table 1 could have been the start of the Safari Zone, but I am not entirely sure. One oddity here is that Espeon doesn't flee, as well as Baby Pokemon Evolutions.

Unused text relating to Pokemon eating and getting angry in the Safari Zone also exist. Eating starts at 10168A, and ends at 101695. Angry starts at 1016A1, and ends at 1016AB. In PokeText, this can be viewed in "Others 1" at Blocks 144 and 146.

As for Cinnabar Island, it is possible to restore it. It's just the Map Size that takes up space, not whatever space there is. With the space the maps have, you can restore Cinnabar. In fact, an unused palette for the Gym exists.

Pewter Museum isn't hard to restore either as long as you can make the Warps. To do this, you need to know the Bank and Map Number for it. Sadly, I don't know this myself.

Viridian Forest is a difficult one, but I don't think it would be that hard to do.

TCRF has more information here;
    https://tcrf.net/Pokémon_Gold_and_Silver
    Last edited by Chippy2000; 25th December 2016 at 8:13 PM.
    Pokemon Gold Beta/Alpha REVIVAL Creator

I ROM Hack games under TCC. I enjoy finding Beta Content. Love me pl0x ;-;
    https://www.facebook.com/TheChippyCooperation/?fref=ts

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213