Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 305

Thread: Official GSC Programming & Beta Glitch Thread

  1. #251
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Margate, Florida
    Posts
    69

    Default

    let me ask you 2 questions

    1: are you an idiot, a retard, or are you just a gay moronic fool?
    If you have never heard of me, believe in me and goive me time, if not, i will find you and <speaks in spooky voice> slow your computer down so you cant post stuff like this. And why did you post this?

    2: Why is this off-topic!!!!!!
    Oyvei. I really gotta edit my Sig big time @.@
    -Sig under construction, and probably staying this way. Mainly because I'm lazy-

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Reading the Psalms
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Coolboyman found some beta maps independently several years ago, and put one of them in Pokemon Brown intentionally. That's why it looks similar.

  3. #253

    Default

    I have now developed a theory that the translators simply translate from the text bank of an uncompiled version of the game without actually knowing what text ends up where.

    Ah, there was some map I found a while ago... I can't remember which it was, though.

  4. #254

    Default

    One other thing to note: It's possible to determine the relative age of a map by whether or not there are pink squares in front of doors. In R/G/B/Y, warp events were set up based only on collision, but in G/S/C either a door, a pink square, or a warp panel has to be collided with.

    Observe the unenhanced beta map of Goldenrod City. Notice that the route houses to the west and south have said pink tiles. Now observe the unenhanced map of Ecruteak City. It is most likely that the whirlpool tiles were originally ordinary walking tiles, which makes the entry house to the gym and Tin Tower devoid of any pink squares; the Ecruteak map is therefore from an earlier point in production than the Goldenrod map. (Also note that the enhanced Ecruteak map has the pink squares misleadingly added in, as well as the roof tiles switched to trees rather than train tracks as established by the beta Goldenrod map.)

    It seems evidence that the whirlpools were added in a later point in development. Furthermore, loading the whirlpool-laden maps with the Goldenrod-Azalea tileset (which is different from the rest of Johto) shows towns that look much more usable. Perhaps the Goldenrod-Azalea tileset is older?

    Also, why is it that so many beta cities have been found, but almost no beta routes?

    Also, now that Diamond and Pearl are out, there's one idea that's struck me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulzar View Post
    Yeah HexaTyphlosion, I’ve seen those cave tiles before. It makes me think that they were planning on having something more in a cave (a city perhaps?). And if people believe that the beta Goldenrod isn’t real, think again. I’ve entered the offsets into my version of Goldmap and it shows up perfectly. Guys, honestly, stop looking for made-up stuff: you’re not going to find it here because I won’t allow it.
    If there was a cart, they were most likely planning a mine. Perhaps a coal mine like a certain city in Sinnoh?

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Reading the Psalms
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HexaTyphlosion View Post
    One other thing to note: It's possible to determine the relative age of a map by whether or not there are pink squares in front of doors. In R/G/B/Y, warp events were set up based only on collision, but in G/S/C either a door, a pink square, or a warp panel has to be collided with.

    Observe the unenhanced beta map of Goldenrod City. Notice that the route houses to the west and south have said pink tiles. Now observe the unenhanced map of Ecruteak City. It is most likely that the whirlpool tiles were originally ordinary walking tiles, which makes the entry house to the gym and Tin Tower devoid of any pink squares; the Ecruteak map is therefore from an earlier point in production than the Goldenrod map. (Also note that the enhanced Ecruteak map has the pink squares misleadingly added in, as well as the roof tiles switched to trees rather than train tracks as established by the beta Goldenrod map.)
    The pink tiles are only used for side and upper entrances to buildings. Since there are no entrances of that type anyway in the beta Ecruteak City, it's inconclusive.

    If we're to "idealize" these maps, we'll need to modify specific blocks. Maps are made up of 32x32 pixel "blocks," as opposed to multiple 8x8 pixel tiles (though the blocks themselves are made up of specific arrangements of these 8x8 pixel tiles), and thus a messed-up block that appears twice in a single map can be used to deduce what the block originally looked like. I'll do a bit of messing around, to see what I can do with the blocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by HexaTyphlosion View Post
    Also, now that Diamond and Pearl are out, there's one idea that's struck me.

    If there was a cart, they were most likely planning a mine. Perhaps a coal mine like a certain city in Sinnoh?
    It's certainly possible. D/P also had honey trees, a feature in GSC that was taken out during development. Maybe there are other things as well.

  6. #256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bent~ View Post
    The pink tiles are only used for side and upper entrances to buildings. Since there are no entrances of that type anyway in the beta Ecruteak City, it's inconclusive.
    Oh really?

    Furthermore, I have come to the conclusion that most of these maps used an older tileset different from both the Goldenrod-Azalea tileset and the normal Johto tileset. The two likely diverged at some point in development when Game Freak wanted to add certain little touches to towns, but couldn't using a single tileset.

    Observe the following:
    Here is Beta Town I with the normal Johto tileset.
    Here is Beta Town I with the Goldenrod-Azalea tileset.

    Here is the Beta Ecruteak City with the normal Johto tileset.
    Here is the Beta Ecruteak City with the Goldenrod-Azalea tileset.

    Notice that while neither is satisfactory, each has some correct tiles that the other doesn't.

    I'm going to set about piecing together the beta tileset.

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Victoria Australia
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Wow, just wow! I had a bit of an idea that there was a lot left out...just not this much.
    I can only offer sugestions and theories.
    The Beta map 4 looks like New Bark Town, slightly altered.
    Umm...for a long time I've notice there's a square of water north east of Cherrygrove surrounded by trees...what is that? Could someone investigate?
    As said before, wow, just wow.

  8. #258
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Reading the Psalms
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Trying to recreate the beta blockset is a good idea. I've been looking at collision data lately, but I may try to help.

    I took the beta Ecruteak map and numbered the blocks that don't match, replacing them with my best idea of what they would be. Here's the map with numbered blocks (that thus need to be changed for the "beta blockset"), and here's my "idealized" beta Ecruteak. Notice that the gym is inaccessible, because the building just south of it has no door and is blocked by trees; that's how I came to the conclusion that there are no pink tiles in Beta Ecruteak. It was most likely possible to enter the Gym and the Tin Tower by entering through the connected route from the left.

    One added note; there was one beta map planned for Crystal, but this time the developers deleted it completely, so it's impossible to know what it was.

  9. #259
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Thanx to Gulzar and everyone else for finding all this! Keep up the good work! Did not surprise me at all that a Gym was supposed to be at Lake of Rage, as from Day 1 it has always puzzled me why you can fly to LoR when there is another town spitting distance away, and why there's a pointless tree maze on the real LoR that serves no purpose other than "filling" up the huge map. Hardly surprising that the Safari Zone was removed after all the Red and Blue craziness but I don't understand Cinnabar Island. Love the small discoveries like the mine cart and VoltorbBadge.

    Has anyone tried to recreate a beta version of the game using Goldmap?

    Anyhoo, of all the Gold & Silver beta stuff on the web, this is the best! Keep searching!

  10. #260
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Victoria Australia
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Hmm...this topic seems to be in decay.
    Oh yeah...I looked around and their's a cave left of the route to Union Cave from Violet City. It's blocked by trees. I'm pretty sure their's something there...I saw a video on Youtube.
    It would be interesting to see if we could dig deeper.

    Oh yes I've been wondering about the Beta Maps. They had to fit somewhere on the Johto map. I've come up with some things.

    Beta Map I. I think this could have gone on the route to union Cave from Violet if you ignore the route going to the west. (The one with a bridge)
    Beta Map II. (the one with an island in the south west). I can only fit this in one place and that's where Illex Forest is.
    Beta Map III. (The one with the tower and the trees), On the map of Johto I can fit this around Blackthorn
    Beta Map IV. (The one with a Pokemon Centre and 3 other buildings) I'm sure this is the beta New Bark Town for 3 reasons
    I. It has a big building which could be for Elm's Lab
    II. It has the route going east to Tohjo and the one going west to begin your journey
    III. One of the houses has a sign and has slightly different coloring. This is probably your house.

    Of course I might be entirely wrong but this is about all I can offer as I have no knowledge of hacking.
    Last edited by Shiun; 6th July 2007 at 2:57 PM.

  11. #261
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Although it is irrelevent, I'd like to know the reason why that one tile in Pokemon Red/Blue's Unknown Dungeon wasn't solid. Didn't the tiles have the solidity pre-coded in up untill Ruby and Sapphire?
    Last edited by Cifala; 9th August 2007 at 3:02 PM.
    I wrote the RBY and GSC pages on serebii.net

    https://twitter.com/cifalacus

  12. #262
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In USA, unfortunately
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Hmm, I’m not familiar with this tile. Could you give a location, and maybe I can look into it?

  13. #263
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Somewhere in the Red/Blue unknown dugeon, there's a 2x2 rock underneath a staircase that you can walk on.
    I wrote the RBY and GSC pages on serebii.net

    https://twitter.com/cifalacus

  14. #264
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,832

    Default

    Ah, I remember that one. I'll try to get a map soon.

  15. #265
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Victoria Australia
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Hello Again. I see the topic has been revived.
    I have been fascinated by your discoveries of beta objects and using a copy of my Gold r((, I did some ha*)**(. I found 2 items of interest but I had to use questionable resources.

    The first one is a locked house just north of the ruins of Alph East Entrance
    http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...seinViolet.png
    I've tried getting in but no use

    The second is the cave South of the Ruins of Alph East Entrance
    http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...a/BetaCave.png

    Although you can't see it, it actually is the rough shape of a beta cave you found. These were both looked at for a while and I swear they are not fake.

    My Dream Pearl Team (just my team with Arceus I swear I don't own Arceus, I want him though)

    I am the Nick-Namer of Pokemon. I nickname all that I catch, even legendaries.

  16. #266
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    567

    Default

    Hmmm... What would be in the third tower in beta town 3?
    So I need to build a completely new signature... Blah.

  17. #267
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Take a look at this thread to learn the truth.


  18. #268
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Don’t post any more in this thread because it’s going to be closed soon since all of the “finds” here are stolen.


  19. #269
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illustriouscosmiccoral View Post
    Don’t post any more in this thread because it’s going to be closed soon since all of the “finds” here are stolen.

    Excuse me, a you saying that I "stole" undue credit for finding beta Olivine and the beta town? I'll have you know that, while they may have been previously discovered, I found them, fair and square, through hours of punching random offsets into Goldmap, and I think it is entirely likely that Gulzar did the same.

    P.S. The thread will probably not be closed because of this, as you have no grounds on which to prove that these finds are purposefully stolen.
    60% of SPPF don't miss the glitches Missingno and 'M from R/B/Y/G/S/C. If you are one of those 40% who miss our pals the glitches, copy and paste this into your signature (started by MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO)

  20. #270
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Victoria Australia
    Posts
    34

    Default

    I may as well defend.
    Ok sure, people may have found stuff before he did and some of us but how were we too know that someone else had found them?
    On that note, I have not found anything else. I have been looking though.

    My Dream Pearl Team (just my team with Arceus I swear I don't own Arceus, I want him though)

    I am the Nick-Namer of Pokemon. I nickname all that I catch, even legendaries.

  21. #271
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Nintendo DS
    Posts
    234

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by P_S_B View Post
    Excuse me, a you saying that I "stole" undue credit for finding beta Olivine and the beta town? I'll have you know that, while they may have been previously discovered, I found them, fair and square, through hours of punching random offsets into Goldmap, and I think it is entirely likely that Gulzar did the same.

    P.S. The thread will probably not be closed because of this, as you have no grounds on which to prove that these finds are purposefully stolen.
    How can you say someone has stolen something if you don't have proof? Why would this thread be closed. It's a nice discussion. That 2 links don't work btw Shiun...

  22. #272
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    Beta town 3 looks like blackthorn city to me (I don't know why it just does)
    and beta town 4 is most likely new bark town
    "Getting pride from simply being part of a group is stupid. Especially when anybody can join said group."

  23. #273
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Battle Frontier
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim62 View Post
    Beta town 3 looks like blackthorn city to me (I don't know why it just does)
    and beta town 4 is most likely new bark town
    What makes you think of that?

    The "Beta Route 23" looks normal only the route to the POKeMON League was longer and Victory Road turns into a building.


    Pokémon Diamond FC: 4769 1639 8887 [Willis]
    Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness FC: 4640 3742 6012
    Pokémon Platinum FC: 5155 8925 0906 [Willis]

  24. #274
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willischong View Post
    What makes you think of that?

    The "Beta Route 23" looks normal only the route to the POKeMON League was longer and Victory Road turns into a building.
    I don't know it just does to me
    "Getting pride from simply being part of a group is stupid. Especially when anybody can join said group."

  25. #275
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Victoria Australia
    Posts
    34

    Default

    the links don't work because I moved them. I'll put them in later along with evidence.

    My Dream Pearl Team (just my team with Arceus I swear I don't own Arceus, I want him though)

    I am the Nick-Namer of Pokemon. I nickname all that I catch, even legendaries.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •