Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Official GSC Programming & Beta Glitch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFurret
    OK, I think this is not bumping. I really hope this topic isn't dead.Anyway, I think you should try to find something else.

The Safari Zone.

People may think GameFreak never thought about creating a Safari Zone in G/S/C. But they're wrong. Actually, they were going to make one, but it was removed when they found out about the Glitch City. I found some information about it, but I'd like to see if you could investigate more about it. I should also try to download that program.

Click here and then scroll down until you find a comment full of pictures. Most of them are about the glitch city, but one is about the Safari Zone. He also says there are 20 Beta maps. I don't think all of them were found already.

If you only want to see the picture, click here.
    Ah, Glitch City. I remember that.

It's supposedly a sort of G/S/C Safari Zone, despite the fact that there are absolutely no Pokemon in the grass, the water, etc.
    LINKS:
    Court Records.net :: Hinata-chan's Fanclub

A young Defense Attorney takes the stand...

Click on the image to go to my fan-fiction.

DarkFurret: The Safari Zone? Already found. Check out here.

BTW, I have two new threads:

Beta Olivine House

HM 6: Nickname?

Talking Sticky!

Yay!!! This thread has been made a sticky!

Please take a look at the first post, as it is updated with all of the current finds.

Feel free to post questions regarding the programming of Pokémon GSC. All of us here will try to answer them. Also, if anyone finds something programming related, post it here!

Quote Originally Posted by Gulzar
    Here is another beta cave:

Beta Cave 4

Programming wise, it was located near the Burned Tower map, so I think it may have been a beta Burned Tower map. It may have been where the Legendary Dogs were supposed to be. Also, you can see that there is a grassy area in the cave. So far this is the most complete looking cave map I have found that has a grass area included in it.
    Phreack: Beta Cherrygrove and Beta TR hideout were not idealized (they use regular tilesets). For future reference, I will always provide an un-idealized copy if there is one.
    I've got it! The land platforms HAD to stand for the maker's names... or did they?
    I wrote the RBY and GSC pages on serebii.net

https://twitter.com/cifalacus

A while ago with the help of my Visualboy Advance, I no-clipped south of Fuchia and found a place that really resembles the glitch city from red and blue, only the rooves of all the half buildings there are red, just like Cinnabar in Yellow Version. Maybe Cinnabar's volcanic eruption was a last minute add-on, and there was originally meant to be a cinnabar island township.

Although it looks like alot of things in G/S/C were last-minute add ons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulzar
    DarkFurret: The Safari Zone? Already found. Check out here.
    O.o Oh...

But staying on-topic, it's possible that some of the beta things are the supposed to be last minute additions. What I mean is, maybe they were going to make for example a normal Cinnabar and take the volcano eruption thing but then they realised it would take out all the space, and didn't change a thing... of course, I bet this didn't happen, but there's still a chance it did... right?

What about the beta music? Gulzar made a topic about it, but some of the things seem to be from the Japanese version, while some look just like the normal ones but worst. So, didn't the beta places have music? If they did, then is there more beta music, was it used on the real cities/routes/towns or was the rest of the beta music taken away?

(sorry for talking about the beta music, but it's about these beta maps)

Has anyone tryed the Radio tower in Lavender City? I always wondered if there was anymore to that.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Emo-Kid-Danny~
    Has anyone tryed the Radio tower in Lavender City? I always wondered if there was anymore to that.
    There isn't, I'm pretty sure. I always used to think the stairs behind the guard led to a secret place, but they don't. If you step on them they just 'bounce' you off, like you've just climed down from a higher floor. As for the programming, I've no idea. There might be something there, but I doubt it since there have been no suspicious rumours or anything. It seems that the radio tower serves no higher purpose

[PI Forums|Magma HQ|Kikkoman!]
    Teal'c: Are you considering the same tactic as I?
    O'Neill: Teal'c, the cliché is "are you thinking what I'm thinking". And the answer is "yes".

I was looking at the test in game, and I found startling results for New Bark alone:
    I'm MR.CHRONO.
    There's some food
    here. This must be
    for POKéMON.

And Azalea...:
    WOOSTER: Gugyoo…

Also, I know this is in game, but this man saying this might add more to a ECRUTEAK pharmacy:
    I heard a rumor
    about OLIVINE
    LIGHTHOUSE.

The POKéMON that
    serves as the

beacon fell ill.
    Sounds like they
    are in trouble.

What about the beta music? Gulzar made a topic about it, but some of the things seem to be from the Japanese version, while some look just like the normal ones but worst. So, didn't the beta places have music? If they did, then is there more beta music, was it used on the real cities/routes/towns or was the rest of the beta music taken away?
    Well, I used the Goldmap 1.4 to put a door on the safari zone, the music there is the same as it was for red and blue. If readers haven't played red or blue, it's also the music played while pokemon are evolving.
    60% of SPPF don't miss the glitches Missingno and 'M from R/B/Y/G/S/C. If you are one of those 40% who miss our pals the glitches, copy and paste this into your signature (started by MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO)

I'm very interested in yur work! Any ideas when you will start to view the 3rd Generation games for uncommon stuff?
    Soul Silver FC:

DarkFurret: I have looked through the game for beta music thoroughly. I can say with almost complete certainty that there is no more beta music to be found.
    *Strong_Sad_Poet*: Interesting text find! Maybe I should start looking for beta text…
    Galatica Phantom: I’ve never really been a fan of the third generation, but I may try and take a look. My main obstacle is the immense difference in programming between the second and third generations.

Thanks, Gulz. I do my best.

PS: I have those beta snowflake pictures you wanted. Check my thread in RSE forums, Beta Mumbo Jumbo.

I actually have 4 beta screen shots that I have no idea where I got them. If you'd like I can post them here for you.
    Last edited by Syther; 24th July 2006 at 6:52 PM.
    Platinum FC:
    Daimond FC:
    Heart Gold (JP) FC:
    Soul Silver (US) FC:
    Black FC: 2064 8443 5983
    Black 2 FC: need to check
    Y: Coming soon

I think I found a beta GSC Tile...

It's verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry old. Like Magazine-screenshot style.

And to confirm, in Red, there was a Surfboard. I bought one. (to beta test my hack)

im kinda worried i was cloning my gyardos on crystal and in the box there were question marks all over the box and instead of its name is said ? has this happened to anyone else and what should i do nevermind
    Last edited by TYRANITAR_X; 5th July 2006 at 2:31 AM.

Syther: If you have some beta screen-shots that you’re not quite sure where you got them, then pm them to me first. That way I can clear up whether or not they are real.
    Mr. Tyzik/Chicken Lady: A beta tile would be very interesting. What tileset did you find it in/near?
    Tyranitar_X: O_o
    Other than that, there is a possibility. There are four “missing number” pokémon in GSC. I hesitate to call them “Missingno” pokémon because they were not intentionally programmed into the game. They sometimes have question marks associated with their names. Maybe I’ll get some screen shots of them.

It's just a brown head-butt tree, but RB style

i was cloining my red gyrados and my game really glitched up i got a kingdra,charmander,flareon and lot of other ones

Tyraniter_X: It looks like your problem should be posted on the Glitches Thread. It you have a programming issue, then post it here.
    Mr. Tyzik/Chicken Lady: A RB style head-butt tree! Very interesting! If you have a screen-shot, post it here.

I just realised something: In the beta Goldenrod, the rooves and train tracks are switched around. the beta Ecruteak also has rooves set out in the exact same way. This gives me the idea that the beta ecruteak also had train tracks in it.

What do you make of that?

EDIT: can you give me the hexadecimal offsets for the beta ecruteak.
    Last edited by P_S_B; 8th July 2006 at 9:11 AM.
    60% of SPPF don't miss the glitches Missingno and 'M from R/B/Y/G/S/C. If you are one of those 40% who miss our pals the glitches, copy and paste this into your signature (started by MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO)

Sorry for the double post, but this didn't go with my last post.

I found a two new beta towns!
    the starting offset is 0AB6C3

here's a picture:
    Beta town 2
    here it is idealized:
    Beta town 2 idealized

and here's a beta olivine:
    beta olivine

the offset for this is 0AB993
    Last edited by P_S_B; 8th July 2006 at 10:37 AM.

jr mimie Guest

How do you clone pokemon

S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G

Absolutely stunning!!!

I’ve double-checked the offsets for the beta town and the beta Olivine. They indeed exist!

P_S_B: Congratulations! You’ve provided something amazing! I’ll add your finds to the first post on the thread. If you have any more, please post your finds here!
    The offset for the beta Ecruteak map is AD544.

What really is odd about the beta Olivine is that I have seen the map before. It is the map of “Castro Valley” in the “Pokémon Brown” hack. Someone must have found it before, and never thought much of it…

Anyway, great find!

Last edited by Gulzar; 9th July 2006 at 10:00 PM.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast