Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Official GSC Programming & Beta Glitch Thread

Default Another shiny Ditto trick!

I just found out that you can catch all the Dittos you want as shinys in G/S/C, however you must have a shiny Ditto to do this. And without having to trade them from R/B/Y. Here it goes:
    Take your shiny Ditto to you party, but don't put it as the first one in party.
    Battle a wild Ditto. Don't make any moves, just right away switch to your shiny Ditto. Then the wild one should use Transform, you use Transform too, (For you it should say always that "it failed") and use all your Transforms.
    When you're out of moves, start using Struggle. At the third Struggle (When it says " Ditto's hit recoil") the wild one should change into blue colour. Then you can do whatever you want to it (weaken, kill, catch...). And if you catch it and look at it's status it will have the 3 stars! Now you have 2 shiny dittos!
    Go and try it out! I bet it works! You can do it as many times as you want! Works in Gold for sure.
    Last edited by hopea-ham; 1st November 2006 at 2:46 PM.

^ Belongs in the Glitch thread, this is solely for BETA stuff correct?

Awww cool!

Okay, guys...

I've finished the text dump. It can be found here. Be warned, though -- it's over 400 KB.

And an added note... "POKéMON PROF. CAL" is a trainer in the game. No idea how to fight him though.
    Last edited by ~Bent~; 3rd November 2006 at 2:39 AM.

I bet he is CAL in Viridian.

Not quite -- Cal appears many, many times, though the Trainer House Cal seems to be the only actual final appearance. I'd theorize that he's a glitch trainer to take the place of nonexistent trainers -- similar to how Teru-Sama is a glitch item to take the place of nonexistent items.

I can see the whole Sweet Honey thing is surrounded by Goldenrod City text. Below it is the Dept. Store text.

Also...something more with the Mobile Adapter?

Code:
    CONTINUE
    NEW GAME
    OPTION
    MYSTERY GIFT
    MOBILE
    MOBILE STADIUM
    Looks like the Mobile Adapter added two options to the main screen after the title one.

On the other hand...this did not come to Ruins of Alph, either. Looks like this could be a code-breaker for ????? radio on 13.5 Ruins of Alph:

Code:
    According to my
    research...

Those mysterious
    patterns appeared

when the POKéCOM
    CENTER was built.

It must mean that
    radio waves have

some sort of a
    link...

Indeed. There are a lot of mentions of the Pokecom Center throughout the text that I didn't mention -- most of them were replaced by dialogue with no mention of it in the final version of the game.

For those who are curious, the last section of the dump (after Celebi's Pokedex entry) has what appears to be "taunts" for trainers -- opening talk, win, and loss. After that is a list of Pokemon names in Japanese, with a very unusual Romanization method that differs greatly from the standard: names are given in all caps, doubled vowels are indicated by a -, and doubled consonants are indicated by a "tu" in lowercase (based off the original Japanese, where a smaller-sized letter "tsu" signals a doubled consonant). However, many of the names in that list repeat, making me wonder what it's for...

More cracks at it:

-VoltorbBadge, + surrounding text:
    Code:
    Trading 
    for ...

Obtained the
    VOLTORBBADGE!

Which floor?
    -Adapter connections?

Code:
    Check cell phone
    adapter.

Check CDMA
    adapter.

Check DOCOMO PHS
    adapter.

Check DDI PHS
    adapter.

Check unlimited
    battle mobile
    adapter.
    -Junk about the PCC:
    Code:
    Isn't it true that
    GOLDENROD POKéMON

CENTER was made
    much, much bigger?

That is so neat!
    I wish we had a

place like that in
    KANTO...

An odd tree is
    blocking the way
    to GOLDENROD CITY.

I wanted to go see
    the huge POKéMON

CENTER they just
    opened...

Stop in at any
    POKéMON CENTER

across the country
    to pick it up.

What are JOHTO's
    POKéMON CENTERS
    like?

...Oh, I see.
    So they let you

link with people
    far away?

Then I'll get my
    friend in JOHTO to

catch a MARILL and
    trade it to me!
    Do you battle by
    mobile phone?

If time runs out
    during a battle,

waiting to see who
    won is really
    nerve wracking.

I've been battling
    my pal in VIOLET

using a MOBILE
    ADAPTER link.

I'm down 5-7
    against him. I've
    gotta crank it up!

Link error...

The battle has
    been canceled...

There is no time
    left today!

There's something
    new in GOLDENROD

called the TRADE
    CORNER.

I was given an EGG
    TICKET that can be

traded in for a
    ODD EGG.

But since we run a
    DAY-CARE, we don't

need it. You may
    as well have it.
    -GS Ball!
    Code:
    ILEX FOREST is
    restless!

What is going on?

{A1}, here's
    your GS BALL back!

Could you go see
    why ILEX FOREST is
    so restless?

ILEX FOREST
    SHRINE...

It's in honor of
    the forest's
    protector...

ILEX FOREST
    SHRINE...

It's in honor of
    the forest's
    protector...

Oh? What is this?

It's a hole.
    It looks like the

GS BALL would fit
    inside it.

Want to put the GS
    BALL here?

{A1} put in the
    GS BALL.

Cal's a professor! Ha-ha!

From what people have posted, I can see that this stuff is awesomeness. However, I can't access this Text Dump of yours.
    ColosseumShipping (Wes x Rui) claimed by me. Other claimed ships: FortuneShipping (Lucas x Dawn). I also support RangerShipping, HoennShipping, and AccidentialShipping.
    This cake is great, it's so delicious and moist.
    Quote Originally Posted by A friend
    So if you put Giratina and Arceus in the daycare together, will the daycare man say something like, "The two Pokemon are completely ignoring each other"? Or will he say "The two Pokemon are trying to kill each other! Oh, deary me! THEY'RE KILLING THE POOR BUNEARIES! SAVE THE BUNEARIES! OH DEARY ME!"

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ~Bent~ View Post
    Okay, guys...

I've finished the text dump. It can be found here. Be warned, though -- it's over 400 KB.

And an added note... "POKéMON PROF. CAL" is a trainer in the game. No idea how to fight him though.

i may sound like a total idiot when i ask this but what is a text dump
    please answer as it would really help thank you

Quote Originally Posted by DIZZI View Post
    i may sound like a total idiot when i ask this but what is a text dump
    please answer as it would really help thank you
    Basically, a text dump is a collection of all the text in the game, whether seen or unseen. It includes dialogue, menus, Pokedex entries, and the like.

thanks for that little tidbit `bent` i read the dump and found a lot of things not heard (i felt embarrased asking such an odd question ^_^; )

Okay, somebody told me that if you clone in G/S, you are risking having your file getting currupt. Is this true? Should I stop cloning my Pokemon?

You are risking it if you don't do the trick correctly, but I fail to see how this goes into the programming aspect of things.

Equip 2: Coming soon to F117

I haven't seen Prof. Cal yet.

But I have seen Safari zone text...

Code:
    Wild 
    is eating!

Wild 
    is angry!
    Why do a lot of Trainers on the Trainer list's names repeat themselves throughout the whole list?

EDIT:

Code:
    When my POKéMON
    got sick, the

PHARMACIST in
    ECRUTEAK made some
    medicine for me.

RHYDON: Gugooh!
    Yay! The Olivine beta house!
    Last edited by Jonah; 17th November 2006 at 12:31 AM.
    ColosseumShipping (Wes x Rui) claimed by me. Other claimed ships: FortuneShipping (Lucas x Dawn). I also support RangerShipping, HoennShipping, and AccidentialShipping.
    This cake is great, it's so delicious and moist.
    Quote Originally Posted by A friend
    So if you put Giratina and Arceus in the daycare together, will the daycare man say something like, "The two Pokemon are completely ignoring each other"? Or will he say "The two Pokemon are trying to kill each other! Oh, deary me! THEY'RE KILLING THE POOR BUNEARIES! SAVE THE BUNEARIES! OH DEARY ME!"

Hm. Some relation to Ecruteak; makes sense, considering they are relatively neighboring cities.

Perhaps it is an addition to the Olivine quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
    I haven't seen Prof. Cal yet.

But I have seen Safari zone text...

Code:
    Wild 
    is eating!

Wild 
    is angry!
    Those are just leftovers from R/B/Y. Notice that it also includes the Poke Flute text.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
    Why do a lot of Trainers on the Trainer list's names repeat themselves throughout the whole list?
    That's because of the way trainer battles work. It was presumably easier to program in separate trainers with the same names than to make each trainer have different Pokemon each time.

Actually, it's rationally better. Especially when you have to have separate triggers for each battle. Having a single trigger for a different trainer works better.

I was cruising Google and found a Mexican web site (pokemex.com) that has an animated gif showing the inside of the PokeCom Center in English.

http://www.pokemex.com/videojuegos/m...stal/PCCgs.gif

I took pictures from my emulator. Hope you think its interesting:
    [IMG]http://i15.*******.com/33ml947.png[/IMG]

Actually, I've fought Pokemon Prof. Cal before. It happened once after my friend yanked out the link-cable before battle.

He has the exact same team as the normal Trainer Cal, but he has the sprite of Prof. Oak (the one used at the very beginning of the game). I think he says something different before and after battle, too, but I'm not entirely sure (it's been a long while).
    I use uber Pokémon, I calculate stat values, I use cheat devices, I breed my way to perfection and I care about natures. I don't catch my Pokémon the way they are and I don't treat them like individuals, because they are brainless drones, snippets of data that have no feelings and don't mind being "abused". If you agree with this philosophy, good for you. - HERLS

Wow! The Sweet Honey-thing is just stunning! It's a great find. Too bad so few people know about these things, it's should be popular!
    he PCC-thing is awesome too, but I saw that it was in Japanese Crystal already, so this isn't that great suprise anymore.
    And, ofcourse, the GS-ball thing is solved! It looks like the GS (Gold-Silver) in Crystal works like Ruby Plate and Sapphire Plate in FR/LG; Reffering to past games.
    Currently not trading Only uncloned 3694 6819 4319 GMT +1
    Wants: Dragonite, Politoed, Aipom, (Slowking,) Gligar, Scizor, Shuckle, Kingdra, Porygon2, Pupitar, Tyranitar, Sableye Haves: IcePunching Buneary, Carnivine, Swellow, Elekid, Rhydon, Swinub, Snubbull, Igglybuff, Tauros, Clefairy, Electabuzz + Electirizer (only for rare), Farfetch'd, Voltorb, Magnemite, Chansey, Cubone, Wooper, Marrill, Golbat, Bibarel. Will trade legit uncloned Mesprit for legit uncloned Legendary Dog (Entei prefferably)

Hey everyone. I know you’re all chanting “We want some beta finds, not some stupid post’s behind!” Yeah, I know that didn’t rhyme…
    Anyway, I don’t really think this counts, but I have the offsets for the Red Gyarados:

PKMN type=$124F7A (change value to get different pokémon to appear)
    PKMN level=$124F7B (how about a level 255 Gyarados?)
    PKMN shiny (1E or otherwise)=$124F7C (change to get shiny or not)

Kind of interesting (especially if you’ve had a little too much Christmas Cheer)

Quote Originally Posted by HERLS View Post
    Actually, I've fought Pokemon Prof. Cal before. It happened once after my friend yanked out the link-cable before battle.

He has the exact same team as the normal Trainer Cal, but he has the sprite of Prof. Oak (the one used at the very beginning of the game). I think he says something different before and after battle, too, but I'm not entirely sure (it's been a long while).
    That makes sense. In R/B/Y, it's possible to do a link battle with one side having only fainted Pokemon (through a glitch -- have a fainted Pokemon in the party, deposit all unfainted Pokemon in the PC, and quickly talk to the lady at the Cable Club, pressing A "while walking"), and Missingno. is the only Pokemon that the trainer has. If "Cal" is a placeholder trainer in G/S/C similar to how Missingno. is a placeholder Pokemon in R/B/Y, then a link battle would fight him if it sensed no trainer to fight. Perhaps someone with a Game Boy Player and the capability to record footage could replicate that, we could have a video of fighting "Professor Cal."

As for beta stuff, I'm starting to run out of ideas of what to look for. But I ripped the "font" from G/S/C, showing that certain pictures are actually characters (such as the phone that appears when you receive a Pokegear call). There are also some bold letters that are never used, and five Japanese letters (the hiragana for "a," "i," "u," "e," and "o"). And an ampersand, which I don't recall ever seeing in-game. I should probably re-dump Crystal's text in the future, since this would make a much better thingy table than I originally used.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast