Page 1 of 73 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Revelation: Cross of Fates (PG-13)

Cool Pokemon Revelation: Cross of Fates (PG-13)

Wow. Okay, this is new! Serebii.net has so many kick butt authors, I WANT TO FOLLOW IN THEIR FOOTSTEPS! Some of you may label me as crazy, but that is okay. Authors are always eccentric. Take Poe for instance. No, I'm sorry to inform you I wont be following in his footsteps and dieing. In fact, I'm going to start mah own fic, based heavily on LeafGreen and FireRed.

When I mean heavily, I mean HEAVILY. I take every little plot or mini thing I see and expand it a million gazillion times. O_O;; Please do not say, THIS ISNT BASED ON LG FR DUH DUH THAT NEVER HAPPENED! Cause it happened in my world.

This fic has been rated PG-13 by the ESRB. Actually no, ignore that. It was rated by me, for me. It has mild language, maybe more language. You never know when I could decide to up the profanity level a bit. If youre scared of swear words, BEGONE! EDIT 10-30-05: Also, minor gore is in the later chapters. Read at your own risk. I try to tone it down, but I can't cater to everyone's nasty level, so please read with caution.

Also, just a side note. This story has been specially formatted for viewing on forums. I write in a style where it is much easier for the eyes to read. It'll probably get on your nerves. xddd It has also been broken into episodes, which I have planned out from the begining and will persist to follow until the end. WOOT FOR EPI FORMATS!

I am also known for my fits of procrastination. ^__^;;; I will try my very best to update on each and every Monday, if I dont on Monday, then I will on Wensday. Thank you all for reading this! x3

Disclaimer: I do not own Pokemon, or any of it's related trades or inditica. Any song/lyrics/reference to companies/and/or/items solely related to that person or person(s), I do not own or claim ownership to.

THIS FIC IS NOT FOR STEALING. I have many connections on many other pokemon forums and Fanfiction.net. If I am notified of a stealing attempt, you will suffer the consequences of stealing a work from another.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pokemon Revelation: Cross of Fates

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~Episode Index~~~

*=indicates that it is done and posted.
    += indicates that it is in progress.
    nothing=indicates it has been planned out and needs to be started on.

New! CLICK CHAPTER NAME TO GO TO CHAPTER! (Exculding First Chapter)

1. To Begin! A new wind blows! *

2. When things turn foul! I am the old man! *

3. It's a Bug Eat Bug World! A promise to fight and the second sighting! *

4. History Ahoy? The Haunted museum tour! *

5. My will is Stone: Brocks Battle in Pewter Gym! *

6. Mt. Moon Showdown! A Concert to remember! *

7. Mega Punch, Mega Kick! Mushroom Mania and the Mysterious Cave! *

8. Cape Journey! The DNA Disaster plus a Party! *

9. Watery Illusions in the Deep: Misty's Match at Cerulean Gym! *

10. We have a fan-club? The three mascots take charge! *

11. S.S. Anne, Luxury Lady of the Sea and the Master of Cut! *

12. Sparking, Shocking Sunset: Lt. Surge's Clash at Vermillion City! *

13. Diglett's Cave. The Flash of Amber Light! *

14. Rock Tunnel Tirade? Darkness, Begone!! *

15. Biker Attack and a Confrontation! Nature's help in an unlikely place. *

16. Graceful Dance of the Leaf: Erika's Face-Off at Celadon Gym! *

17. Tower of Souls! A Silph Scope Situation!? *

18. Safari Zone Zeal! The Secret House and the Secret Colony! *

19. Toxic Invisibility, the Way of the Ninja: Koga's Challenge at Fuchsia Gym! *

20. Emergency Call!? Making Money, Evolution Style! *

21. Silph Co.'s Liberation! Get Lost! The Mystery of the Master Balls! *

22. The Terrifying Power of the Mind: Sabrina's Attack at Saffron Gym! *

23. Christmas Special: The pureness of our hearts... *

24. Seafoam's Chilling Islands: Secret of the Ice! *

25. Mission for a Friend: The Power Plant's Extremity!! *

26. Back on Track! The Pokemon Mansion, Legends Revealed! *

27. Flaming Desires Ignite: Blaine's Match at Cinnabar Gym! *

28. Island One is a Go: Celio and the Hidden Mt. Ember; The Myth of Fire! *

28.5. The Treasure Beach Resort; A problem? The pokemon's time to shine! *

29. Two Island: Aid to the Cape Mistress! Ultimate Moves! *

29.5. Three Island: Scrunge Clean-up; Finding Lostelle and the Mysterious Virus! *

???. Many ways of thinking, and only one path to walk. *

30. A Sturdy Whooping, Time to Leave: Giovanni's Assualt at Viridian Gym! *

31. A Period of Reflection. Home we go and the preparations begin! *

32. Try not to Back Down!! The Ultimate Challenge of Victory Road!! *

33. Finishing rounds! The Battle of Friends, and the Battle of Foes! *

34. The Elite Four Pt. I- Lorelei, Ice Queen of the Deep.*

35. The Elite Four Pt. II- Bruno, Powerhouse of Mighty Proportions! *

36. The Elite Four Pt. III- Agatha, Horror Mistress Hidden in Poison! *

37. The Elite Four Pt. IV- Lance, Dragon Legend and Leader of the Skies! *

38. True Master. A Metaphysical Experience. Battle Pt. I *

39. True Master. A Revelation. Battle Pt. II *

40. THE CROSS OF FATES *

41. Shattered... *

42. 24 hours. *

~~~~

~Episode One: To Begin! A New Wind Blows!~

“Saber! Saber honey, get up! You’ll be late!” Sabers mom’s voice flitted through the air upstairs to where a massive pile was sleeping, buried under a mountain of plushies and blankets, the pillow over it’s would-be head.

“Mhnmmmm………” The pile groaned, then bolted upright, the blankets and stuffed animals falling off it like water off a cliff. Once the pile had fallen off, it revealed a young girl of about thirteen with extremely long, dark brown hair, dressed in a long t-shirt that read: Eat at Joe’s

This was Saber Midori, notorious snot of Pallet Town’s Pokemon School, and a soon to be pokemon trainer.

In about five minutes…

“Crap!” The girl swore under her breath, jumping out of bed. She hurriedly changed into a sleeveless blue top and her signature red skirt with white and red shoes and blue socks. The girl then hurtled down the stairs, two at a time.

Saber’s mother was a pretty woman of about 30. With a pink apron, happy smile, and her Ivysaur house-helper at her side, there wasn’t a single chore Mom couldn't do. Saber gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and grabbed a piece of toast that lay in a heap on the table.

“Morning sweetie. How’d you sleep?” Mom asked.

“Horribly. I was too excited to sleep.” Saber mumbled truthfully through a mouthful of toast and sweatdropped.

“Oh, so that’s why you woke up late.” Mom giggled as she gave a bowl of milk to Ivysaur.

“Saur, Ivy, ivy……” The green pokemon smiled and slurped the milk happily.

“Yeah……..” Saber mumbled and gulped her orange juice. “Man, I better get going. Places to go, people to see.”

Mom giggled again. “You’ve grown so much. I’m proud of you. Now here’s you’re shoulder bag, I stocked it with everything you’ll need. Toothbrush, compass, some pokeballs I picked up, sleeping bag, extra panties……..”

“Mom………” Saber flushed and grabbed her bag from the table.

Mom laughed and placed her daughter’s white, wide brimmed hat on Saber’s head. “Don’t forget to call me when you get to Viridian City.”

“I won’t.” Saber hugged her mom tightly and then smiled. “See ya later!!” She smiled and then patted Ivysaur on the head as she raced out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The late morning sun hung in the sky like a lazy, oversized glowing bug. It was too bright. It was too early.

IT WAS TOO DAMN COLD! Saber cursed mentally. This was tiresome. Professor Oak’s lab was too far away for its own good. Just when she was beginning to think violent thoughts that involved the dear professor’s death, the tallest spire of his quaint farm/lab appeared on the horizon. The girl charged up the hill, and burst through the door……..

“PROFESSOR! GOOD MORNING!” She shouted, barging in and walking up to the professor, who was standing behind a counter, looking at a large book.

Graying hair, tanned skin and a nice white lab coat completed Oak’s look. He had the air of a jolly old man who had experienced much in his life, too much perhaps. He looked up at Saber, smiling.

“There you are! Glad you came.”

“Whew! Thanks…I thought I was late.”

”Oh you are, hideously.” The professor smiled mildly and motioned to the two pokeballs on the counter.

“Ack! Only two?! So Chris left?” Saber asked, inquiring about her childhood friend, who had always aspired to be a great trainer. Chris was an energetic boy with a boundless energy and positive attitude source that made friends easily. Saber was one of them. She hoped he had kept her trainer card number; she wanted them to keep in touch…..

Yeah, she had a crush on him. You would too if you saw him. Dark hair, nice eyes….extremely cute. He usually wore a red vest and black shirt underneath, jeans, and an official pokemon league hat he had ordered a while ago.

“Which did he take?” The girl asked, poking the two remaining pokeballs.

”Charmander. You and Kai still have to pick-“

”Kai’s leaving too?!” Saber screeched, freezing. Her rival? WHAT IN HELL?!

Oak looked mildly surprised. “Of course. You three gained the highest scores in your P.T. tests… Naturally you’re ALL leaving for the Pokemon League Challenge.”

Saber knew the three of them had scored high on the Pokemon Trainer tests…..Oh well…..Just another opportunity to show Kai up.

But this was bigger, somehow. She WANTED to win, WANTED her name to be known all over. She had been waiting forever for this day, and wasn’t ready to let her rival trod it down.

“Alright! So can I choose?” Saber asked the professor, eager and waiting for a favorable answer.

“Of course. Pick while I go get your pokedex.” Oak walked off to the back of the room and Saber looked down at the labels.

Bulbasaur.

Squirtle.

She knew that Bulbasaur was going to be her pick, from the beginning. She adored its evolvements, and its type, Grass/Poison. Good combo.

“This one!” The girl smiled, picking up the pokeball and releasing the small green pokemon from its chamber.

The Bulbasaur looked up at her with large red eyes, then lowered its head and muttered, “Bulba bulllllll….”

“Aw! It’s so cute!” Saber squealed and hugged it, the Bulbasaur blushing madly.

The professor came back then, the small red pokedex in his hand. “Ah! Good choice. Bulbasaur is a very reliable pokemon. I think you’ll do well together.”

”Thanks Professor. So, I guess I’ll be seeing you-“

”HEY! HOLD IT!”

A rude voice came from behind Saber.

It was Kai.

Her rival.

Kai had reddish-brown hair and dark, calculating eyes that took in everything. Yeah, he was smart, but not nearly modest enough about his uncanny talents for pokemon battling. He wore a black baggy shirt with purple cargo pants and black sweatbands around his wrists.

He was also Professor Oak’s grandson.

Bleh.

Saber raised an eyebrow at Kai. “What took you so long, Slowpoke?

The boy sneered over at her. “Why would you care? And what’s up with your hair? Looks like a Pidgey made a nest in it or something…”

”How dare you!” Saber shrieked, indignant.

Kai only smirked and flapped his hands open and closed, impersonating his rival.

“How daaaaaaare you!” His voice came out high and squeaky.

Saber then proceeded to chase him around the room, her giant side bag doubling as a smacking device.

As the boy passed by a stunned, pokedex-holding Professor Oak, he grabbed the device from his grandfather’s hand, then zoomed by and grabbed the last remaining pokeball as well, heading out the door to the lab, Saber trailing behind him, still fuming.

It was going to be a long year.

Really long…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saber had let the little twit known as Kai get away, and now walked along the dirt path that cut a way through the large flower fields, Viridian City far in the distance. The girl was currently absorbed in checking her new pokedex.

“Bulbasaur, mhm…What other pokemon are around here?” She asked the device, and it blipped.

“Location, ****yzing…”

After a few seconds, it let out a chime like sound.

“Pokemon Identified. List as follows: One: Pidgey, Two: Rattata, Three: Pokemon Unknown.”

Saber stopped walking, she looked at the picture of Pidgey and smiled, it was cute, and continued down. Pokemon Unknown?

She looked around for any sign of the unknown pokemon……when a shadow caught her eye and the girl did a double take.

The shadow was standing in the bushes, silently.

It was there, tall and imposing upon the back drop of peaceful green foliage.

Saber shuddered. It was staring at her; she could feel its eyes boring into hers.

Her eyes were watering, she couldn't maintain contact. Every fiber in her body told her to blink.

So she did.

And when the girl looked back, it was gone.

What had that been?

She wasn’t given time to think over that, as a small shape darted in front of her.

A Pidgey!

”Kerukroo!” The Pidgey screeched, its head lowered.

The cry of the pokemon shook off the remaining effects of the horrendous glare, and Saber removed the pokeball at her waist.

”Whoo! A feisty one! GO! BULBASAUR!”

The little green pokemon came out, and then braced its legs as it faced the Pidgey.

“Alright! Bulbasaur, Leech Seed!”

The pokemon let out a stream of intertwining vines that wrapped around Pidgey immediately and began sucking energy.

The Pidgey squirmed, and then let out a gust of air that blew back Bulbasaur, its wrapped wings still very much active.

“Ah!” Saber shielded her eyes from the whipped up sand.

“Bul!” Bulbasaur righted itself in the air and landed.

“Tackle!” Saber pointed at the Pidgey, and Bulbasaur charged, knocking the Pidgey in the air, vines and all.

“Go! Pokeball!” The girl threw the capsule at the Pidgey, and it opened, the bird pokemon sucked inside.

Both pokemon and human held their breath as the ball moved back and forth.

Ding! Pidgey was caught!

”Alright! Great job Bulbasaur!” Saber patted Bulbasaur on the head and it smiled. The girl went over, picked up the ball and clipped it on her waist, letting Bulbasaur stay out for a while longer.

“A new friend! Her name’s Giget.” Saber told Bulbasaur, walking along the road, the green pokemon strutting by her side. She had always had a flair for nicknames….although to some; it was more of an annoying habit….

“Bulba basaur!”

“And you……” Saber thought about what her mother, who worked at the Pallet Town Flower Shop, had said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Wow! What flowers are those mommy?!” A six year old Saber ran in, the small blue dress she wore ruffling with the playful wind.

Her mother turned, kind green eyes smiling at her daughter. “Their called Laia flowers. They bloom only once a year, and smell incredibly good.”

”Whoooo….” Saber stuck her tiny nose in the bouquet her mother was holding and sneezed instantly.

Mom giggled. “Careful, their dangerous too.”

”Yeah…” Saber wiped the boogers from out under her nose and smiled as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The trainer snapped out of her revere and looked back down at her Bulbasaur.

“You’re name is Laia. After those pretty white Laia flowers that bloom once a year….”

The Bulbasaur grinned, blushed, and the two continued walking….

Through the flower fields…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chris didn't like this forest. It was creepy, dark, and there were things crawling toward him, he just knew it.

Okay, so maybe watching the horror movie in the Viridian Movie Theater just before he left wasn’t such a hot idea…

Charco, his Charmander, swung its tail nervously from side to side as the two traipsed through Viridian Forest, lighting the path slightly with its fiery tail.

Desperate to take his mind off of the wailing trees, Chris tried to think of where and what his friends were doing now.

And that rendered a smile from the trainer, in here, of all places.

Kai and Saber were his two best friends in the whole world. The three of them had been together from the start, kindergarten at the Pokemon School to be precise.

Kai was always the smart one. He’d notice things Chris never bothered to, and he always got straight A’s. Said he wanted to prove his worth to his father….Yeah, Kai’s father had run off after Kai’s mother died in an accident, and left him with his grandfather. The boy grew up knowing nothing of what parents were…. He lived with Professor Oak and Daisy, his very pretty sister.

Chris remembered the time the two of them became friends. Kai was sitting on the steps to the school, crying.

“What's the matter?” Chris came up and sat on the step as well.

Kai looked up, his dark eyes teary. “Nothing.” He proceeded to rub his eyes dry with his tiny fist, and Chris chuckled.

“Crying is nothing to be ashamed of ya know. It makes you stronger.”

“….Really?”

“Yup.”

“In that case, I’ll cry all the time.”

“Why?”

“Cause then I’ll get strong enough to beat my dad.”

“Stupid! Crying won’t make you stronger, it’ll only make your clothes get all wet!” The six year old Saber, petite and cute, came up from behind the boys. She had her tiny arms folded across her chest, her feet spread wide. His first thought upon seeing her was, ‘tough snot.’

His second thought was that her dark hair was really pretty. It looked like she spent a lot of time taking care of it….

“I’m not stupid! I get all A’s, girl.” Kai instantly took defensive, and Saber laughed bitterly.

“Yeah, well so do I! And it’s not girl, it’s Saber. Saber Midori, the greatest trainer in the world!”

“That’s pretty interesting…we all get straight A’s. And we all want to become trainers…” Chris smiled at the two of them.

Kai shrugged. “Yeah, But I’m going to be the greatest trainer, not her. I HAVE to be the best trainer.”

Saber looked taken aback. “..Why?”

“Cause I’ll beat my Dad then, and tell him that he needs to come home. He doesn't listen to people without power….”

“That’s sad.” Saber looked at Kai with pity.

“So is your face.” Kai smirked.

“WHAT WAS THAT?! HOW DARE YOU!”

Thus began a beautiful friendship.

Saber was the fiery, sarcastic little girl that seemed to have been taught at an early age that love was a stupid thing. Her father died when she was little, he had been deathly ill to the end of his days. Somehow, Chris figured, Saber had deduced it was her fault her father died, and to this day hated boys. While every other girl around her became infatuated with smooth Kai and even Chris himself, she continued to hang with them and torture them with her presence. She dragged them to the mall repeatedly, made them carry things, help her set up birthday balloons, invite them over to eat the leftovers she didn't want to, watch her favorite TV marathons…It was a mutual friendship. Over the course of seven years from that day, she had grown and matured, many a boy had a crush on her at school, and she never even gave them a second glance.

He had always viewed her as a sister, never the harsh rival she saw Kai as, and vice versa.

Before this, when they were still little, the two of them were actually nice to each other. They fought, yes, but they still smiled at each other and laughed. Ever since their P.T. test scores were announced, that’s when the arguments began.

Well, nothing he could do about that now….Now they were thirteen….It was too late.

He just hoped and wished things would go back to normal.

Normal was good.

“Charmander char!” Charco pointed eagerly to the light at the end of the forest tunnel.

Chris smiled down at his pokemon. “Yeah, let’s go.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kai sighed. Yeah, so he had run to escape that crazy girl’s bag of doom.

Looking down at the Squirtle at his side, he felt really proud of himself for some reason. This was HIS pokemon; he was starting HIS quest to become a master….

<Why are you staring at me Kai?> Squirtle demanded, looking up at his trainer with a quizzical look in his large brown eyes.

“Eh, no reason. You’re just my first pokemon after all….”

<First huh? So why don't you give me a nickname?>

“What? No. Nickname’s are for losers.”

<Haha. Okay. If you say so.>

Kai, smiling slightly, looked out at the scene before him.

The sky was clear.

The sun was bright.

The world awaited him.

It was time to show them all what he was made of.

Time to show what he could do.

XxX

Alright, thanks for reading. I have chapter two, but I'll post it this Monday. Ta ta!
    Last edited by xXSaberXx; 7th January 2007 at 2:12 AM.
    My Author Website

First book sold to Viking/Penguin! ^^

.__relive the legend__.

SilverBlaze09 Guest

*is trying to find his lower jaw* ho o a hec, aha! *puts jaw back in* Er-hem, sorry.
    Well, even though you did it before I could, here's to your game makeover. *salutes* That was great! You portrayed the GB game with a good sense of reality, not the typical GB plot. I like the way you explained each character, one being the Pallet snot, the other being the know-it-all, and the third friends with everybody, it's cool. Then, you gave the reasons why the snot is a snot and why the know-it-all is a know-it-all. 'Bout the only real problems I could find were grammatical and spelling, like "it's" instead of "its", things like that. *grins* I'll keep an eye on this in between my other occupations.

Twilight Absol Guest

Pretty nice start, in the title, did you mean revolution? >.>
    I was confused though, in the first half of the chapter, pokemon couldn't speak, but
    Kai's squirtle was able to speak, demanding a nickname.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBlaze09
    *is trying to find his lower jaw* ho o a hec, aha! *puts jaw back in* Er-hem, sorry.
    Well, even though you did it before I could, here's to your game makeover. *salutes* That was great! You portrayed the GB game with a good sense of reality, not the typical GB plot. I like the way you explained each character, one being the Pallet snot, the other being the know-it-all, and the third friends with everybody, it's cool. Then, you gave the reasons why the snot is a snot and why the know-it-all is a know-it-all. 'Bout the only real problems I could find were grammatical and spelling, like "it's" instead of "its", things like that. *grins* I'll keep an eye on this in between my other occupations.
    Ya, I hate the word Its. It should burn.........XD Thanks for reading! And yus, I try to portray the characters as best as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightAbsol
    Pretty nice start, in the title, did you mean revolution? >.>
    I was confused though, in the first half of the chapter, pokemon couldn't speak, but
    Kai's squirtle was able to speak, demanding a nickname.
    Revelation-noun. The act of a finding a pivotal event or foreseeing a vital event before it happens.

x3 This word was also used in the Japanese name of The Pokemon Movie: 2000. It was orginally, Revelation Lugia. x333333333

As for the pokemon speaking, its a matter of trust and friendship. If you have a strong bond with your pokemon, you understand them. Eventually, Chris and Saber will be able to talk to Charco and Laia, but Kai hit if off immeadilty with Squirtle. x333333333

Thanks again for reading! I think I'll post up the next chapter now...I might be gone on Monday. SO! HIYAH! Time for chapter two!

Episode Two: When Things Go Foul, I Am the Old Man!

The flower field slowly gave way to a dirt path that narrowed into Viridian City, the verdant town of nature. From what Saber could see, there was a pokecenter up ahead. Beyond that, masses of small buildings and homes were gathered around the middle of the city, where the Viridian Gym awaited.

Laia skipped ahead, happy to be able to get some food. “Bulba bul!!!!!!!”

“Hold up Laia! Geez…..you’re faster than you look with that bulb thing….seed…….green….growth…on your back.” Saber struggled for an accurate description of the Bulbasaur’s back ornament.

Laia sighed. <Its okay, you can just call it a seed.>

Saber started a little. She was standing before the pokecenter as people busied past her, in and out of the sliding glass doors….

And she could understand her pokemon?

All of a sudden?

“We’re probably becoming closer. You know, the whole, BE FRIENDS WITH YOUR POKEMON thing.” The girl smoothed her hair, then picked up Laia in her arms and walked inside the pokecenter.

Laia blushed. <You don't have to carry me you know. I don't mind walking.>

”Don't be silly. It’s fun carrying you! You’re all warm.” Saber smiled and looked around the center.

There were MASSES of trainers everywhere! People gathered from far and wide. Some tough looking, other noobs like her. Old and young, pretty and ugly, the list went on and on.

Laia was pleasantly shocked. <Wow! Are there always this many trainers in Pokecenters?>

“Nah, don't think so. Viridian is the closest city to Victory Road and the Elite Four, that’s why everyone comes here…”

<Oh. That’s nice.>

”Mhm. One day, we’ll be here and-“She was interrupted by a giant Chansey springing up in her face, nurse cap and all. It was right in her way.

“WHOA!” Saber fell backwards, her cap falling off.

“CHANSEY!” The pinkish, oval shaped pokemon grinned happily and shoved the Egg from her pouch in the trainers face.

Laia sweatdropped. <I think I want to go back in my pokeball now.>

Saber obliged, returning the pokemon as she got back on her feet. The Chansey smiled and bounced off, startling other trainers and showing off its newly polished egg.

‘Psycho pokemon…” Saber thought, glaring at it.

“Hey, you okay?” A familiar voice came from behind her, as the voice’s owner picked her hat up from the ground and offered its other hand to help her up.

Saber took it, and the person hauled her up. She came face to face with a smiling Chris.

The girl flushed madly. “O-oh, Chris! Hi! What are you doing here? I thought you….left.”

Chris shook his head. “I got all the way to Viridian Forest, but Charmander was poisoned badly. I had to come back to heal him…” His dark eyes traveled over to the emergency room light sign, which dictated that it was ‘occupied.’

Saber shifted a little. “I’m sorry, will he be alright?”

The boy looked back at her. “I’m sure he will. Charco is MY Charmander after all…” He smiled slightly and handed Saber her hat.

“Charco? That’s a cute name. Oh…thanks.” She placed the hat back on her head and looked over Chris’s shoulder at someone across the center.

It was Kai.

He was sitting on the couch on the opposite end of the room, arms spread on the back, calculating eyes staring straight at her. There was a small sneer on his lips, and his Squirtle was mildly staring at Saber as well.

The girl shuddered. His glare could be so unnerving sometimes…

Chris noticed she was looking at Kai and sighed. “Oh, well, I met up with Kai here too. I was thinking we could-“

Squirtle was mildly intrigued by Saber. <Is that the trainer you call Bird girl? She seems to know you and Chris…Chris is okay, he’s nice. Is Saber not nice?>

Kai chuckled. “Yeah, she’s annoying as hell.”

<What's hell?>

”…..I’ll explain it to you later.”

“Hey, Bird-head! Catch any pokemon yet, or did they run away at the sight of your face?” Kai shot at Saber, and she flared.

“No, sorry, they all left before. You walked past see, and they died of the smell.”

Chris sweatdropped. “Guys, stop. Seriously. Anyway, AS I WAS SAYING, Saber, I thought the three of us could journey together, you know, as a group.”

“Which is ********.” Kai came sauntering over, Squirtle at his heels. The water pokemon then proceeded to walk over and pluck at Saber’s baggy school girl socks interestedly.

Saber raised an eyebrow at Kai and inched away from him, eyeing the Squirtle weirdly in the process. Her rival was the EXACT height she was, she hated that. If she was only a little taller she could rub it in his face…

Laia sniffled from her pokeball. <Can I come out? It’s lonely in here….>

“Sure.” Saber let out Laia without a second thought and turned back to Chris. Laia waddled over and sniffed Squirtle interestedly, and Squirtle smiled at her.

Saber sighed. “Uh….sure but, it’s not that I mind, but it’s just that Kai-“

“And I talked to Professor Oak about it and he says we absolutely must.”

“WHAT?!” Both his friends shouted this loudly and looked enraged….Their pokemon looked up from their small game of tag for a few seconds to see what was the matter.

“Heh…..If you don't like that you always can call-“

Before Chris could finish his sentence, however, both of his friends were on the video phone, shoulder to shoulder, squeezing in the same phone booth and eagerly waiting for the Professor to pickup. Squirtle and Laia trotted after them.

<What’s this button do?> Laia poked the END button of the phone and Saber scowled. “Stop, we’re doing something.”

<Sorry….> Squirtle mumbled as Kai ignored him. The water turtle turned to Laia, having spotted Charco coming out of the ER with Nurse Joy. <Hey look! It’s Charco! Let’s go play!>

<Oh….um…..I don't think I could….>

<Why not?>

<Charco’s intimidates me…..>

<…He’s too confident for you?>

<Well…yeah. He’s really nice and all, he makes me blush.>

<Haha. That’s okay, it’s normal. He’s a ladies man. That’s what Kai told me.>

<Oh.>

<Alright, let’s go!>

Chris sighed, and then laughed. He knew Kai would listen to the professor, so would Saber. He then heard the swish of the door of the ER open, and Nurse Joy came out, a peppy looking Charmander in her arms.

<Chris! Hey buddy, I’m up now! Feel a lot better too!> Charco instantly hopped out of Nurse Joy’s arms and waddled over to his trainer, hugging his legs.

Chris laughed, picked up the Charmander and gave it a noogie. “That’s good Charco. Thanks Nurse Joy, you're a lifesaver.”

The pink haired lady giggled, blushing. “No problem Chris, I’m happy to help. Now I must go take other patients, please look after your Charmander, he’s a sweetie.”

“I will, thanks!” Chris waved and Joy smiled, and then went back to the counter, the line of trainers waiting anxiously.

The trainer looked down at the pokemon in his arms and grinned.

“Guess what?”

<What?> the little orange lizard swung its tail and looked up at Chris.

“Saber and Kai are going to travel with us.”

<Really? Sounds fun! But don't they->

”Argue yeah, a lot.”

To prove the point, the phone booth let out an indignant screech and a loud yell.

Chris sighed, and then grinned at Charco. “Let’s go get some food.”

<Good idea. You’re human friends seem P.O.’ed.> The Charmander smirked, then jumped down from its trainers arms.

The boy grinned. “That’s one way to put it buddy.” He then spotted Saber’s Bulbasaur and Kai’s Squirtle coming over.

<Hi Charco!> Squirtle smiled as the Charmander hopped down from his trainers arms.

<Yo. AGH! IT’S LAIA!> The fire lizard pointed at Laia dramatically.

<Um…hello.> The Bulbasaur blushed madly and hid behind Chris’s leg.

Chris looked down at the grass pokemon, surprised. “Uh, hi there.”

Laia merely blushed harder and buried her face in her hands.

<Haha, same old Laia.> Charco smiled.

Just then, Squirtle’s stomach growled. <Ugh….hungry…>

Chris shelled out some money from inside his pockets. “How bout we go get some food then?”

Laia perked up at the mention of food. <Yes please.>

”Alright, cmon.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Kai and Saber came to the table in the dining room that Chris was occupying, they were arguing bitterly, having left their second pokemon with Nurse Joy to heal. Kai had showed her the Nidoran, the male one he had caught, and Saber rubbed Pidgey in his face and the two went to search for Chris and their missing starters.

“I agreed only because you promised not to get in my way.” Kai snarled, sitting down next to Chris, not really taking notice of his friend, eyes fixed angrily on Saber.

“I did. But if you lose, don't go blaming it on me.” The girl snapped back, then smirked. “So I guess I’ll have to stay away when you challenge any gyms then…you’ll never win…”

”Haha. Very funny. But sorry to disappoint you, but no, I’m not losing.” Kai smirked right back, then looked at Squirtle, who was munching quietly on a pellet of pokemon food. “As a matter of fact, I think we should challenge the nearest leader now….”

Chris looked up from his spaghetti, slurping the hanging noodle and swallowing. “Brock? I heard he’s tough…As in, uber tough….”

Saber smiled at Chris. “They all are. That’s why, starting now, I’m putting you all on a strict training regiment.” Laia had climbed into her lap sleepily, her belly taut and full.

“What?” Kai raised an eyebrow bordely.

“From now on, we get up at six, go out into the nearest wild, and train on local pokemon. It’ll help!”

Charco sweatdropped. <Neh….that sounds sucky….Six in the morning?>

Squirtle nodded sagely, the pellet hanging from his mouth. <Seriously…>

”Sorry, I got a better plan Saber.” Chris picked up his plate and went to return it to the counter. Saber and Kai looked at each other, and got up to follow.

Chris waited while the two of them got their pokemon from Nurse Joy.

“What do you mean Chris?” Kai pried, following the boy out of the sliding glass doors. The sun was high in the sky now, it was noon.

Chris grinned mischievously. “There’s a good training spot right outside of Viridian Forest. It’s full of newer pokemon, like Weedle and Spearow. Great place to meet trainers too.”

Saber raised an eyebrow, smiling. “Nice work. This sounds like it’ll be the prefect place. If only Kai wasn’t here, we could get some serious private time in….” The girl batted her eyelashes at Chris and the boy in question sweatdropped.

Kai snorted, hands shoved in his pockets. “Give me a break, lover girl. Romance can wait. We have eight badges to get in less than a year. Let’s step on it.”

Chris nodded. “Took the words right out of my mouth.”

Saber huffed, then sighed. “ALRIGHT! LET’S GO!” She pointed dramatically.

“HEY! YOU! GET OFFA MY PROPERTY!”

Saber fell, anime style, then whirled around to see an old, hunched man standing before her.

”Who are you buddy?” She demanded, squinting at the man with distaste.

“Buddy? HOW DARE YOU INSULT ME LASS! GO GET ME SOME COFFEE! I NEED COFFEE!”

Kai sweatdropped and immediately attempted to walk around the hunched, balding man, but the man tripped him with his cane.

“Where are you going mister? This is my property! You hooligans get off it! RIGHT NOW!” The man stuck his face in Kai’s and yelled. The red head rubbed his forehead and sat up, scowling.

Chris tried to interrupt. “Um, excuse me sir, couldn't we just pass this one time? We’re on our way to Viridian Forest you see-“

”NO! How many times do I have to say it?!”

“Oh father, stop being so pig brained!” A woman came up from behind the old man. She had black hair pulled back tightly into a bun and kind brown eyes. The old man sniffed, then walked off.

The girl smiled, then turned to the three trainers. “I’m sorry, my father lost his Weedle this morning, and we’ve been scouring the property for it. He’s a little grumpy.”

Saber nodded. “It’s alright. I’m Saber, Saber Midori.” She extended her hand to the woman.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Yolei Hatsuko. My father’s name is Sesu.”

”I’m Chris Hoaka.” Chris smiled and shook her hand as well. Yolei giggled, then turned to shake Kai’s hand.

Kai looked at it with discontent. “I don't do handshakes.”

Yolei looked taken aback. “A-alright then. Well, I’m sorry to inconvenience you trainers, but I’m afraid you’ll have to wait till Sesu’s found Weedle.” She sighed.

Saber looked at Chris, he looked back at her knowingly, and Kai saw the look they shared.

”Oh no….we are not helping her.” The trainer’s voice was indignant.

“C’mon, please?” Saber clasped her hands together and pouted.

Kai sweatdropped, closing his eyes and looking away from her. “No. Absolutely not.”

Saber smirked evilly. “TOO BAD! You don't have a choice.” She promptly turned to Yolei.

”Alright Yolei, we’ve decided to help look for Sesu’s Weedle. It’s the least we can do to get by….”

The woman smiled brilliantly. “Really? Thank you so much! Let’s start right away….”

TWO HOURS LATER…..

“UGH! My feet hurt, my head hurts, I’m thirsty and sweaty, and I THINK I BROKE SOMETHING!” Saber complained loudly, the three of them walking through a large field of tall grass, parting it earnestly and looking for the Weedle with a bell around its neck. Giget was whipping up gusts and blowing apart grass, with no success.

“Stop whining, you were the one who wanted to do this in the first place.” Kai pulled apart two patches of grass to find…..nothing. His male Nidoran charged through the weeds earnestly. <Lookit me IMA BULLDOZER!>

Giget rolled her eyes. She was surrounded by morons.

”Nyah! I know! But….I didn't know I’d get bit…and scratched….and SWEATY! Ew!” Saber and Laia were searching the grass patches on the eastern side of the expansive field that was Mr. Sesu’s property. Laia sniffed the nearby flowers calmly, not really knowing why they were out here in the first place. Giget sighed, perching on a particularly large stalk of grass, ruffling her feathers indignantly.

Chris wiped his forehead with the back of his hand, sighing. Just then, the faint odor of smoke filled the air.

“Argh! Charco!”

<SORRY! It’s my tail! It gets in the way!>

The Charmander was standing beside a pile of smoking, blackened grass, his little tail in his hands, attempting not to do any more damage.

“It’s alright buddy….” Chris stomped the grass out and led Charmander away from it. “Hey guys, we’re going over here just a sec for a rest, okay?”

Kai shrugged, and Saber, knowing that it was totally unfair for Chris to leave while she was stuck here thought that it was still okay. If her crush wanted to rest, he would rest.

“Alright! Come back soon!” Saber yelled from the grass, and Kai froze in his searching.

“Uh…….Saber?”

“What is it?”

There was silence from Kai’s end.

Grumbling, the girl wadded over to Kai and immediately assumed a shocked position as she saw what he had discovered. It was a smooth, shiny, rounded yellow bug. A Kakuna, with a bell around it’s neck.

“Shkiiks….” The Kakuna’s dark pupils slid up to look at the humans looming above.

“ACK! It evolved!?!?!?!” Saber took out her pokedex eagerly.

The pokedex blipped slightly. “Kakuna, the Cocoon pokemon. This pokemon is known for its tough, outer shell. While in this form, Kakuna is preparing for its next evolution, and will not move so as to preserve energy.”

“Kai! Go get Chris!” The girl demanded, captivated by the bug pokemon. Laia proceeded to observe it with its long vines.

Kai rolled his eyes and left, Squirtle trailing behind him.

<Kai walks too fast…> The water pokemon grumbled, then proceeded to waddle after its trainer.

Laia smiled warmly at the Kakuna, blushing slightly. <Hello! I’m Laia and this is my trainer Saber.>

The Kakuna seemed to roll its eyes as Saber proceeded to poke it with a stick. <Tell your trainer to either stop poking me or face the wrath of a thousand poison needles in her face.>

The Bulbasaur sweatdropped and smacked the stick from her trainers hands abruptly. <Don’t do that Saber! He doesn't like it!>

Saber’s eyes widened. “Oh…okay….”

Giget smirked. <Heh, stupid human.>

“HEY! I HEARD THAT!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<I don't see them here Kai….> Squirtle yawned a small yawn and sat down dejectedly on a stump. His trainer paced nervously.

“That’s because they aren’t here. I think Chris might have-“

Suddenly, the hunchbacked old Sesu appeared and stuck his wrinkled face in Kai’s.

“HAVE YOU FOUND MY WEEDLE YET?!”

”Yes.”

”WELL?! What are you WAITING FOR? Bring me to him!”

Kai sighed, rubbed his narrow eyes tiredly and motioned for the man to follow. Chris would just have to wait. Besides, maybe they had gone off to the nearby creek for a drink or something…nothing to worry about….

Right?

The trainer lead Sesu back to where Saber was, in the middle of the field.

Only to find her curled up next to Bulbasaur, Pidgey, Nidoran Male, and the Kakuna, fast asleep.

Kai sweatdropped, then walked over and shook Saber awake. “Yo, moron. Wake up.”

Sesu broke into a toothy grin, spotting the cocoon pokemon on the ground, resting lightly against Saber’s stomach. “My dear Weedle evolved? Incredible! I hope it-“

But the old man never got to finish his sentence. A large, sturdy net was thrown over Saber, Kai, and the pokemon, immediately closing the ropey bonds around the group tightly.

Kai’s face contorted with shock. “What the-“

Sesu stepped back, looking scared. “What is this? A trap?”

“A trap he says….how dare he infer that we are trapping something.” A raspy voice came from the shadows behind a tree, and stepped forward. It was a man with long, light green hair, his eyes the color of blood and narrow, adorned in the classic Team Rocket attire.

“Oh, don't be so harsh. An old man and children, we could have done better….” A smooth, high, girly voice came from a woman with bright pink hair in two ponytails with elaborate curls, her eyes a deep cerulean. She wore the Team Rocket outfit as well, and she was the one who held the net shooter gun in her hands.

Kai snarled across at them. “Unless you people want trouble, let us out of here.”

The woman laughed, then walked over and reached through the net, grabbing Kai under the chin and forcing him to look at her.

“Our names are Jane and Luther. We’re highly respected members of Team Rocket, and our boss was waiting for you three to leave your sniveling hometown….He’d like a word with you.”

”Tell you’re boss he can go to hell.” Kai spat on her face, the spit sliding down her cheek. Jane’s smile faded rapidly and she hit him violently, then wiped the liquid off of her skin, stepping back and bringing out a pokeball.

She looked back at Luther and snarled orders. “Let’s get out of here. Go, MAROWAK! Drag the net now!”

“Maro!” Marowak smirked, then picked up the ends of the net, hauled it over his shoulders, and proceeded to walk away.

Luther grunted. “There are only two kids. Where’s the last one?”

Jane shrugged. “Who cares? Giovanni said bring any you could find. No more orders than that.”

The green haired man nodded. “Let’s just be sure there are no eyewitnesses. Go, Hypno!”

The large yellow pokemon with blank eyes and the yo yo faced Sesu.

Luther quietly commanded the Hypno. “Use Hypnosis.”

Hypno swung its pendulum back and forth, and muttered under its breath.

Sesu tried to fight it….But too late. Sleep over took him, and he sunk to the ground with a loud thud. Kai felt the effects too, and soon, he was falling into the dark, deep depths of slumber.

The Team Rocket members looked at each other.

“Mission accomplished.” Jane smirked, then jumped, startled as a blast of flame shot past her.

“Not yet it isn’t.” Chris appeared, scowling at the Rocket members. If looks could kill, they’d be dead.

Laughter shook Jane, she giggled madly until she caught her breath. Luther only smirked. “The third child. Charming. Hypno, Psychic.”

“Marowak, Bone Club!” Jane ordered as well, still chuckling slightly.

“Charmander, Ember-“

”Dragonite, Hyper Beam!” A sudden charged beam of yellow light spun toward Marowak and Hypno, knocking both Pokemon out and sending them flying.

“What the hell?!” Jane snarled, and then looked at Luther, whose face was white.

“It’s him.”

”Damnit! Let’s go!”

”What about-“

”Forget them! C’MON!”

The Rockets dropped everything and ran.

Chris was stunned, eyes as big as dinner plates. Who was this-

“Are you alright?” A man with deep red hair, spiked, and a black cape stood beside him, a large Dragonite floating in front.

“Wow, uh, yeah but my friends….”

”Yes. Dragonite, release and wake them up if you will….” The man pointed to the net and the dragon pokemon smiled and nodded.

Chris was stupefied. That pokemon was so powerful….

”Uh, if you don't mind me asking, who are you?”

The man turned back to Chris and smiled sheepishly. “Oh yes, how stupid of me. “I’m Lance, Lance Blackthorn. I was just on my way back to Indigo Plateau when I saw you guys in trouble. The Rockets are such pains…I had to help.”

”WHOA! So you're THE Lance? Lance of the Elite Four?” Chris practically burst with excitement and Charco sighed, embarrassed.

“Uh…yeah. Hah, guess I am. I really don't like to show it though. Hey look! You're friends are up!” Lance walked over and kneeled beside a groggy Saber and Kai, inquiring if they were feeling alright.

Chris ran after them. “Hey guys. Have a nice nap?” He smiled and offered Kai his hand.

Kai squinted, refused the offer, and stood up himself, turning to help Saber up. “Yeah…..I’m fine. What happened though?”

”Omigosh!” Saber gasped. “Where are the Rockets?! They came in front of me and his weird guy’s Hypno knocked us all out….”

Lance helped Sesu up tentatively. “I chased them off. Chris was doing an excellent job of that as well though…”

Chris blushed. “N-not really…..I didn't even attack…”

Sesu shrugged somewhat. “Still, you tried to eh? I’m grateful.” The old man picked the Kakuna up in his arms and cradled it.

Saber laughed brightly. “Of course he did. Good job!” She then proceeded to hug Chris and the boy blushed. Kai rolled his eyes, Lance chuckled, and Sesu snorted.

Laia and Squirtle tugged inquisitively at Lance’s clothes.

<Who are YOU mister?> Laia asked.

Saber smiled. “Yes, what is the name of our Savior?”

Lance blushed and opened his mouth to speak-

“It’s Lance Blackthorn, legendary member of the Blackthorn Dragon Clan, prodigy of Pokemon Trainers, and leader of the Elite Four.” Kai prompted, looking at the Dragonite wistfully.

Lance sweatdropped. “Yes…that’s correct. You’re pretty sharp….”

”You’re wearing a cape, your Dragonite has huge wings which is an indication of its age, and there are traces and signs of a Hyper Beam ravaging the nearby plants. Obviously, you’re an exceptional Dragon Tamer near Viridian, more precisely Indigo Plateau, which lead me to the conclusion that you are Lance.” Kai said smoothly, then smirked.

Everyone was silent……Crickets…in the bushes….

Saber’s jaw hung open. “……” She closed it promptly. “You infuriate me sometimes…” She scoffed, then smiled at Lance.

They all laughed slightly and Sesu looked on in shock as his Kakuna began glowing.

Charco grinned. <Evolution!>

<Pretty light….> Squirtle cooed, hypnotized.

Laia jumped into Saber’s arms, scared.

The Kakuna grew exponentially, the light faded, and there stood a giant bee with two stingers on its hands.

“Shiskssss!” Beedrill swung it’s stingers around happily and Sesu whooped. “That’s my boy!”

“Father! I heard the commotion and the light-Omigod! FATHER!” Yolei came running up, and seeing the Beedrill ran over and hugged her small father ecstatically.

Lance just smiled.

Chris grinned. “Doesn't it give you a warm, fuzzy feeling?”

Kai made a gagging noise.

Saber just hit Kai on the head and smiled as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun was setting beyond the looming gates of marble as Sesu, Yolei, and our three heroes bade farewell to Lance at the Entrance to Victory Road.

“Thanks again Lance. Maybe one day I’ll get to battle you?” Chris looked eagerly at Lance, holding Charmander in his arms.

“Heh. Sure. I’d like that.” Lance smiled.

Saber grinned. “Well you better watch out, cause I’ll be right behind him, waiting for the day to beat you, mister dragon tamer!”

Kai smirked. “Ignore her. Trust me, It’ll be me that’ll give you a fight.”

Lance nodded. “It would be a pleasure to battle you three. Maybe I’ll see you around.”

”Maybe.” Saber nodded, then winked.

“Goodbye Lance….Thank you for saving my father….” Yolei blushed madly. Lance merely kissed her hand.

“Anytime.”

Saber and Yolei swooned. “Such a ladies man!” Saber squealed.

Sesu grinned, then gave a handshake to the dragon master. “If you ever need something in Viridian, just come ta me. I owe ya one.”

Beedrill nodded in agreement at his trainer’s side.

“Yeah. I will.” Lance winked back at the three Pallet Town trainers and walked off, through the arches. The guards hurriedly parted for him, and once he was out of sight, Saber turned to the small group.

“ALL RIGHT OLD MAN! Time for some PAY UP for our work!”

Sesu groaned good-naturedly, and the group began walking back to Viridian.

“How does dinner sound?” Yolei smiled, still blushing.

“Oooooh yeah! A good meal would rock right about now….” Chris mumbled.

“Yeah, I can’t cook and Saber burns everything…” Kai smirked.

“Do not!”

Charco looked at Squirtle and Laia, who were lagging behind.

<Hey, you think I could become a dragon one day? I mean…I know it’s stupid to ask but->

<I’m sure you could Charco. And when you do, you’ll be the best dragon ever!> Laia smiled timidly, and Squirtle nodded.

<Yeah…..I think you're right.>

END
    Last edited by xXSaberXx; 3rd April 2005 at 9:45 PM.
    My Author Website

.__relive the legend__.

Twilight Absol Guest

oops >.>
    I feel like a retard.
    Nice chapter, this time I think i found a real mistake:
    From now on, we get up at six, go out into the nearest wild, and train on local pokemon. It’ll help!”
    Nearest wild what? Please don't tell me i messed up again. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Absol
    oops >.>
    I feel like a retard.
    Nice chapter, this time I think i found a real mistake:

Nearest wild what? Please don't tell me i messed up again. >.>
    HAH! YOU CAUGHT IT! x3333333333 You didnt mess up, that was my bad. It was supposed to be nearest wild grass or something! XD haha, Sometimes I even confuse myself.

Thanks for reading! x3 *goes to work on chapter three*
    My Author Website

.__relive the legend__.

XD Damn right us authors are eccentric! 8D

You write quite realistically, and you have just the right amount of detail. You don't bore us with too much description. ^^

I wasn't able to see any mistakes, save for one typo in the first chapter, where Saber's mother said "Their" where it should have been they're.

As I've said, you write very well, but it doesn't seem original, plotwise, which is a shame. I'm hoping you add some surprising twists. :3

My favorite aspect is the sheer personality that you injected into Saber and Kai, and their hiliarous relationship. ^^

..::Scrap::..

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    XD Damn right us authors are eccentric! 8D

You write quite realistically, and you have just the right amount of detail. You don't bore us with too much description. ^^

I wasn't able to see any mistakes, save for one typo in the first chapter, where Saber's mother said "Their" where it should have been they're.

As I've said, you write very well, but it doesn't seem original, plotwise, which is a shame. I'm hoping you add some surprising twists. :3

My favorite aspect is the sheer personality that you injected into Saber and Kai, and their hiliarous relationship. ^^

TEH ARGZ! :3 I sankoo for the review. x3 and yus, my plots start out boring, but eventually get better. It's hard to follow the game plot and make it original. XD;;; My twists are brewing in the back pantry and such, so I'll have those ready soon. Gotta let em sit and what not. XD;;;

Saber and Kai have always been my luffs. x3 THEY WILL LIVE FOREVER!

Thanks for reveiwing. >D I look forward to your critisim.
    My Author Website

.__relive the legend__.

Twilight Absol Guest

who said you had to follow the plot of the game?
    >.>
    <.<
    not me...

Not me either....

<_<

>_>

*shuffles away clutching her paper hat*

I LOVE your banner. 8D Did you draw it all? I can't stop staring at it...

Not me either....

<_<

>_>

*shuffles away clutching her paper hat*

I LOVE your banner. 8D Did you draw it all? I can't stop staring at it...

OMG YOU SHUFFLED! *does the electric slide* XDDDDDDDD

Yah but.....>___> ALRIGHT FINE! I'LL STRAY FROM TEH PLOT! XD;;;

Next chapter is progressing nicely.

Mah banner? O_o;;; *stares at as well* I infused a Hypnotist spell within it so you cannot look away! :3 Actually, it's some fanart of an aqquaintence of mine. >D I did make the banner though, I enjoy making graphics as much as I do fics.

PS. Saw your shop and it rox. XP If you ever need some backup help, just lemme know and I'll be glad to whip some stuff up.
    My Author Website

.__relive the legend__.

SilverBlaze09 Guest

Naw, don't drop the plot! That was half the fun! The GB games were never this much fun! I like how you involved that annoying dude and his weedle. However, *grows stern* you're still replacing "it's" with "its" and vice versa. *runs away* SB

<3 That would be FANTASTIC. ^^ Speaking of which, I have updated my fic so no need to beat me with the rusty spoon. *cowers*

I have a question! *waves arm in air* Will you be giving all of your characters more character development as the story progresses?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBlaze09
    Naw, don't drop the plot! That was half the fun! The GB games were never this much fun! I like how you involved that annoying dude and his weedle. However, *grows stern* you're still replacing "it's" with "its" and vice versa. *runs away* SB
    XDDDDDDDDDD;; I dont think I'll ever get that word right. But dont worry, I wont drop it. It'll remain, just with much more detail and explanation, more characters, reasons behind everything, etc. Like the Museum in Pewter wont just be there for show. >3 Mt. Moon will have a rock concert, the list goes on and on. XD;;;

<3 That would be FANTASTIC. ^^ Speaking of which, I have updated my fic so no need to beat me with the rusty spoon. *cowers*

I have a question! *waves arm in air* Will you be giving all of your characters more character development as the story progresses?

x3 I saw. *pats on head* Good girl

Anywhoos, yes, Character development is essential to all of my stories. This fic wasnt meant to be an epic tale, just a simple story of three friends and what they go through, wether it be dark, funny, tragic, or exciting. In the games I always imagined the world it took place in to be a great planet, where you could interact with everyone, no matter what their race or ideas, and befriend them, see beautiful things, and just live.

I am trying my very best to portray that. ^__^;;;

SPOILER FOR YALL?

Spoiler:
    My Author Website

.__relive the legend__.

Hmmm...very interesting. I quite enjoy this. Nice discriptions, quirky character personalities, it's all good. The only thing I dont like is that the Pokemon can talk to their trainers, I find it kinda cheesy. But hey, you can't please everyone Keep Writing!

Oh and I think I may have found an error in your story. Now like in the game the old man would not let them through. As well as Yolei said that Sesu had lost his Weedle in the morning. Yet Chris somehow made it through him to the Viridian Forest and back? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiiest.Combusken
    Hmmm...very interesting. I quite enjoy this. Nice discriptions, quirky character personalities, it's all good. The only thing I dont like is that the Pokemon can talk to their trainers, I find it kinda cheesy. But hey, you can't please everyone Keep Writing!

Oh and I think I may have found an error in your story. Now like in the game the old man would not let them through. As well as Yolei said that Sesu had lost his Weedle in the morning. Yet Chris somehow made it through him to the Viridian Forest and back? O.o

WHOO! o.o I guess he made it through before they lost it, Chris did leave rather early.....XD

I make the pokemon talk to their trainers because I think it makes for a better story, and better character interactions. x3 Thanks for reviewing!
    My Author Website

.__relive the legend__.

I agree; it gets too dull if the pokemon don't talk. I know it's cheesy but it's better than having flat Pokemon characters. It gives them more personality.

Saber...I sent you a PM asking you a question...*pokey* Not to rush, but I'd like to know the answer. ^^;;

I like this story. (10 times better than mine..) I like the relationship between Saber and Kai. It's hilarious. Kinda like a meaner version of Ash and Misty XD
    (image beautifully drawn by pixiv user id #45323)
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/34il6ah.png[/IMG]
    Lelouch is watching over all of us.

I agree; it gets too dull if the pokemon don't talk. I know it's cheesy but it's better than having flat Pokemon characters. It gives them more personality.

Saber...I sent you a PM asking you a question...*pokey* Not to rush, but I'd like to know the answer. ^^;;

Sorry, compy is like GOING INSANE! >_______> XD

Quote Originally Posted by Riza Hawkeye
    I like this story. (10 times better than mine..) I like the relationship between Saber and Kai. It's hilarious. Kinda like a meaner version of Ash and Misty XD
    Haha! Yeah! It kinda is! x3 Thanks for reviewing!
    My Author Website

.__relive the legend__.

Ner...Ima double posting cause I NEED TO! x3333333333 You people inspired me so much that I wrote a chappie today...o.o;;; It isnt as long as the last one, but NYAH!

So! Episode TIMEY!

Episode Three: It’s a Bug Eat Bug World! A Promise to Fight and the Second Sighting!

“KAI ISHIKI! GET YOUR BUTT IN HERE, NOW!” Saber’s shrill shriek pierced the calm walls of the Viridian Pokemon Center, the early morning mist layering the verdant city of nature in a serene blanket of silence. The soft glowing disc of a sun rose above the trees, lighting the sugary clouds above with a gentle shine. Spearow and Pidgey eagerly hopped among the streets of the town, eating the unfortunate bugs that were run down by vehicles the night before. Everything was peaceful….

“My butt stays on my bed!” Kai yelled back, reading the pokemon map he’d purchased before breakfast. He was intently interested in learning about the surrounding area. His brain, being among people of lesser intellect, was starving for more information. The guidebook sufficed.

He heard stomps coming down the hall and assumed a neutral, bored position, all the better to piss his rival off. He knew she couldn't stand his arrogance. It amused him to see her mad.

Speak of the devil….

Saber Midori stood in the doorway to the bedroom the three of them had shared that night, hands on her hips, eyes flaring and mouth creased into a visible snarl.

“Yes?” Kai smothered the smirk that was trying to force its way to his lips. It was really hard not to laugh….

“Don't ‘yes’ me mister, my hairbrush is gone, and you were the last one in the bathroom.” The girl seethed, pointing savagely to her sheet of unkempt, bark colored hair.

“Fascinating. May I suggest you file a missing report? I heard Officer Jenny is very reliable-“ He ducked as Saber threw the nearest thing she could find, a pillow, at his head.

Chris, yawning and stretching, took several steps into the room, opened his watering eyes, saw what was going on, and immediately attempted to break things up.

“Saber! Calm down!” He grabbed her shoulders and restrained her from jumping on Kai; the smart *** was backed up against the wall, looking quite shocked. Or amused. It was hard to tell.

“LET ME GO! I’LL MANGLE HIM!” Saber snarled, reaching out and groping for Kai angrily.

Kai jumped off the end of the bed, making for the door.

Saber tried to break free, but Chris was strong despite his skinny looks. “You can’t go beating people up Saber, how do you know he even took the brush?”

“I JUST KNOW! He’s a little ***, that’s why! Now lemme go, I need to find out where he took-“

She fell silent as Squirtle wandered in, brushing his nonexistent hair with her brush and singing a small voice.

<I feel pretty….oh soooooooooo PRETTY!> The turtle pokemon was smiling until he noticed Saber standing before him, practically breathing fire.

<EEP!> He immediately took off out of the room, following Kai’s footsteps.

”GET BACK HERE YOU!” The girl tore herself away from Chris and hurtled down the hallway, swinging herself around the doorway.

Kai was silently cracking up, having found a sufficient hiding space in a nearby closet. He heard the familiar footsteps of his Squirtle rush by, then fade. Then his rival’s loud, angry steps resounded outside the door. They stopped, Kai assumed she was looking for him…..

“HAH! You, little turtle, are going to die a long and suffering death-“ The girl flung the door open, only to come face to face with a fearful looking Kai.

Squirtle, meanwhile, took the opportunity of the shocked silence and trotted up behind Saber, pushing her with his shell and causing her to fall smack into the closet. The mischievous little pokemon then slammed the door shut, chuckling all the while.

<Hahhahah! Silly human, this is MY BRUSH NOW!> Squirtle laughed and continued to walk down the hall, humming to himself.

”Okay, for the last time, I am not trying anything in the dark! I’m TRYING to get us out of here!” Kai protested, body pressed up against the door and trying to pry the lock open with a paper clip.

“Nyah, this was you’re psycho pokemon’s fault in the first place. No wonder you guys hit it off, you two are insane….” Saber huffed, hands holding down her skirt earnestly. She hated these kinds of awkward situations.

“Well if you weren’t chasing him the first place, this wouldn’t have happened.”

“……….I hate it when you’re right.”

Kai stood up as the lock clicked open

Saber sighed good-naturedly and got to her feet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once the trio had gathered pokemon and Chris persuaded Squirtle to give Saber back her brush, they had departed for Viridian Forest, the indefinitely creepy forest that separated Pewter City from Viridian City. The trees were large and covered with moss, dangling in strips of grungy fuzz. The grass was knee high in some places, things shifted in the boughs of the mighty trees, their eyes glowing and seeming to taunt the travelers, daring them to walk past….

The only path through the forest was a small, thin ribbon of short, run down grass and petite flowers. It was lined with Bug Catchers, children with wide brimmed straw hats and nets, earnestly capturing the bug pokemon around these parts, battling each other, and being relative…well…kids. They didn't seem to mind the creepiness of the forest; they were probably used to it….

Saber on the other hand…

“ACK SOMETHING MOVED! HIDEMEHIDEMEHIDDDDEMEEEEE!” She sunk behind Chris, eyes darting around nervously.

“Moron, it’s just a Caterpie….” Kai looked at the worm pokemon with some interest.

“Cowyee?” The Caterpie looked up at Chris with a smile.

“Aw…it’s kinda cute….” Saber peered at it from over the boy’s shoulder, and in return got a face full of string shot.

“****! GET IT OFF!” The girl clawed at her face desperately and Laia, worried, attempted to help.

<Ahh! Hold still!>

Charco cracked up, and Squirtle decided to ‘help’ too. Kai chuckled and looked at the Caterpie. “Nice going.”

Squirtle then used Water Gun. On Saber’s face.

So now not only was she covered in bug mucus, but now was wet. “ARGH!” She stomped her foot and peeled the mask off slowly as they continued walking.

Laia sighed. <Squirtle, why did you do that?>

Squirtle shrugged. <Like trainer, like pokemon.>

<That’s for sure….> Charco smirked, then spotted a small kid walking up to the group.

“Hey there big trainers!” The boy smiled jovially, the Caterpie crawling over to his side.

“Hey.” Chris grinned back. “You one of those Bug Catchers?”

“Obviously….” Kai rolled his eyes.

“Yeah, what the big guy said. I’m Bug Catcher James….but heck, that’s not why I came here. I wanted to ask you three if you’d like to battle with me and my friends, we’ve been watching you for a while now-“

”What are you? A stalker?!” Saber demanded, tearing off the last bit of string from her face.

“No. But I see you’re a bugger…..”

”Come again?”

”You’re one of those people bug’s instantly take a hating towards….”

”Joy. THAT’S IT KID; YOU’RE GETTING ON MY NERVES! LET’S BATTLE!” Saber pointed angrily.

”Go! Giget!” The Pidgey came out of its pokeball in a dazzle of light.

“I choose you Weedle!” Catcher James shouted, and the oh-so-familiar pokemon Weedle appeared before him.

The catcher had summoned two other friends that were battling Chris and Kai a little way off.

“METAPOD! HARDEN!” The other kid’s Metapod stiffened its body and became rigid.

“Pft, that wont work. Go, Charco, Ember it now!” Chris demanded, and the Charmander blew out scorching flames that enveloped and KO’ed Metapod quickly.

“Weddle, Poison Sting it!” James shouted.

“Veevee!” Weedle let out a barrage of shiny needles from its head that were aimed at Giget.

“Giget, Gust!” Saber smirked, and with a large whirl of wind, the needles feel to the ground, ceasing to move.

“Agh! Weedle, String Shot!”

“Dodge it Giget!”

The Pidgey, with its superior speed, moved quickly and evaded the worst of it.

“Now! Sand-Attack followed up with a Gust!”

Giget kicked up a blinding shield of sand mixed with the forest floor grass, the Weedle looked around, lost in its confusion….

<Take this, bug face!> Giget whipped another large Gust that inflicted major damage on the poison pokemon, and when the sand cleared, Weedle was unconscious, swirls in its eyes.

“Alright GIGET! YOU ROCKED!” Saber bounced over to her Pidgey happily and hugged it.

<ACK! My feathers!> Giget squirmed out of her trainer’s grasp and huffed.

The last battle with Kai and the other Catcher was just as quick.

“Nidoran! Peck it now!” Kai commanded, and the Nidoran charged, ending the Bug Catcher’s Caterpie swiftly.

“Aw……..MAN!” The Catcher kicked the ground dejectedly.

“They’re really good, neh?” James asked his friends, after the group rejoined.

“That’s for sure…….” Saber’s opponent grumbled and looked at his feet.

Chris gave them a peace sign. “Don't worry about it…..you’ll get better if you keep trying!”

Kai whispered to Saber quietly. “That’s what he thinks.” The girl giggled and waved to the three Bug Catchers as they started down the path again.

“TA TA TWEENIES!” She shouted, grinning and walking backwards….only to fall on a small, spray bottle looking thing.

<What's that?> Laia sniffed it curiously. <It smells sweet….>

Kai bent and picked it up. “It’s an antidote. Someone must have dropped it….”

”WHOO! TREASURE! GIMME!” Saber lunged for the bottle, but Kai held it up out of her reach.

“No. I say Chris gets it. His pack is the biggest.”

Chris nodded. “Good point. ‘Sides, you never know Saber, she might try to drink it….” He smirked.

Saber blushed. “Nuh-uh!” Laia giggled and Charco sighed.

<I want to drink it….>

Squirtle promptly pointed to a distant light at the end of the tunnel. <Hey guys, isn’t that the exit?>

Chris squinted. “Sure is. Let’s go.”

“Finally! Out of this stupid forest….” Saber mumbled, trudging toward the light and through the tall grass slowly.

Now Kai usually didn't have feelings. Normally he didn't have premonitions, or any kind of spiritual enlightenment. He never predicted anything, he stuck to facts. But something, this one time, in the gut of his stomach, squirmed inside him. As if guided by someone, his head moved to look back.

There stood a tall, imposing figure. It was bulky, as if covered in armor….Its eyes glowed a piercing blue through the slits in its mask…

As if in slow motion, it raised its three fingered hand, and shot a giant purple, cackling beam of energy at their backs. And as if in more slow motion, Kai’s eyes widened, he grabbed his friends and shoved them down on the ground. The beam whizzed narrowly over their heads, and the three of them turned around to look at their attacker.

Time seemed to resume.

“W-what is that?” Chris stuttered slightly.

Saber shivered. “It’s that thing I saw….on my first day…”

Whatever it was, it was telekinetic.

“Humans shouldn’t interfere.” Its voice came from their minds, their pokemon were paralyzed in horror. The voice was cool, drastically so. It sent a sense of foreboding up and down their spines….

“Especially you, girl. Take this as a warning. Take it, and I’ll spare you.”

Chris and Kai both looked at Saber, the girl was staring intently ahead at the thing, her face fixed.

“….Whatever you are, I won’t take your warning.” She said in a clear voice. Despite the calmness of her voice, Kai knew she was feeling the exact opposite of what she sounded. Her heartbeat was practically audible to the world, and it had the consistency of a butterfly’s wing.

“Stay away from me and my friends. If you attempt to harm them, I WILL make you pay.” Her eyes narrowed.

“…………….why is it that humans must insist on weaving the pattern of fate themselves?”

Chris glared at the thing as well, Kai was transfixed by how much power it had….and it seemed, somehow….like it knew more than they did, like it knew what the future was…

It seemed….lonely.

“My warning stands.” Its voice trailed off, and in a blink of an eye, it was gone.

Kai and Chris looked at Saber, with more awe than shock now. The girl, on the other hand was on the verge of breaking down, her head in her hands, her breath shallow and quick, as is she had been over exerted. Laia seemed to have regained physical motion again, along with the other starters, and she stroked her trainers back with her long vines softly.

Kai looked back at the spot where it had stood. “What was that thing?”

Chris shook his head. “I don't know….It felt horrible though, when it looked at us, I felt so heavy, like he was wishing….”

”For….for you to die.” Saber said, muffled.

“Yeah….look; lets just get out of here. We’ll get to the Pokemon Center in Pewter and call the Professor, maybe he’ll know something.”

Kai nodded, stood up, brushing his pants off. He helped Chris and Saber up, and patted Squirtle’s head. The pokemon was shivering violently…

They exited the forest, passing the tollhouse in silence. The people within it didn't seem to know what had happened, they were chatting merrily, some waved.

The three trainers ignored them and continued out to the exit. The trip through the forest had taken all day, and the sun was dimming behind the mountain range beyond Pewter, the crisp air cool and light. Long shadows were thrown on every little pebble and tree, every leaf and blade of grass. Faded stars littered the canopy above, growing brighter with each second. A small field of grass to the side and a fence on the other beckoned and bent inward to the newest town, the City of Graying Stone….

At the sign that read: Welcome to Pewter City, Saber stopped walking. Kai and Chris continued on until they noticed she wasn’t with them, and then turned back, looking at each other quizzically.

“Saber…? We’re almost there. C’mon.” Chris urged gently, Kai merely crossed his arms over his chest and stared intently at her.

“I need to ask you guys something.” Her voice was low; she was staring at her feet.

Kai noted the seriousness in her tone. She was never like this….

Chris noticed too. Laia rubbed her head against Saber’s ankle comfortingly, and the girl bent down, sitting on her heels and stroking Laia absentmindedly as she spoke. The ground was still her choice of optical contact…

“When that…thing told us about humans weaving threads….it asked me something.”

”I think the pokemon heard it too. It asked me…”

She bit her lip and looked on the edge of tears. But tears were for children. She hadn't cried since the day father died, she planned to never again. So Saber swallowed the threat and continued.

“It asked me if I really thought you two were my friends….and then it said it knew, it FELT that you weren’t…..”

”It told me that you two couldn't care less about…me…..” Her voice cracked and became quiet.

There was silence. Chris was stunned; he didn't really know what to say.

Kai, on the other hand, began to laugh. A genuinely loud, long laugh that shook the Butterfrees from their tree nests and made several drowsy Rattata look their way.

Saber looked up from the ground, slightly surprised by Kai’s reaction.

Shaking some of the hair out of his narrow eyes, he stopped laughing and looked at Saber, smiling.

A real, true smile.

“That thing was psychic, but it was also vicious. It was just fooling you, seeing as it hated you. Trust me, you may be a liability, but that’s not a bad thing.”

Chris’s lips twitched. It was amusing to see Kai being forced to admit something.

“He’s right Saber, you’re our friend.”

The girl sniffed slightly, and stood up, resuming her normal snotty pose. “ALRIGHT! If I am your guys’ friend then promise me this.”

”Anything Your Highness.” Kai smirked, sarcastic.

“Remember when we’d watch the Indigo Finals on TV all the time?”

Chris nodded. “Yeah.”

“Well remember how the speaker would ask the winning trainer that classic question: What did you fight for?”

”Mhm.” Kai raised an eyebrow, the smirk lingering.

“Well, when one of us wins, they should say, ‘For my friends and each other!’”

”That’s sappy.” Chris chuckled.

“Well, that’s what we fight for, right?” Saber smiled, walking over and linking her arms with theirs.

Kai shrugged. “For each other?”

Chris nodded. “For each other.”

Saber smiled and began walking down the road, arms still together. “Alright then! Tra la la!”

”Stop pulling…” Kai demanded.

“Aw, let her.” Chris grinned.

“No. I refuse to enter the city like this.”

”TOO BAD!” Saber shouted, and broke contact. “Last one there is a GRIMER!”

”Which will be Kai.” Chris took off.

<Yeah, his pants are the color of a Grimer!> Squirtle ran past, laughing. Charco and Laia waddled by, racing Squirtle eagerly.

Kai scoffed, and cracked his knuckles, and promptly ran after them all.

Above, the moon hung like a large, frosty disc.

It gleamed with several things.

One of them was hope.

END
    Last edited by xXSaberXx; 5th April 2005 at 6:28 AM.
    My Author Website

.__relive the legend__.

SQUEEEEEE! *huggles the Squirtle* Puny, foolish humans, all your hairbrush are belong to us. :B

There are two things I'd like to point out...there was a big italics tag error in the part where the pokemon was using telekinesis. ^^;;

Secondly, your general description is good, but you need to make the battles a lot more detailed, and try and capture the idea of the frenzy going on during a battle-kicking up dust, slamming into the ground, bouncing (yes, I said bouncing xD) and screeches and caws and etc. ^^

I hope there will be a little...shall we say...affection later between Saber and the two boys...*coughnudgepokehintcoughnudgepokehint* A love triangle between three traveling friends would present for some very unusual and interesing situations. 8D

SilverBlaze09 Guest

tag error in the part where the pokemon was using telekinesis
    Yeah, there was a big italics problem with the telepathy.
    Nuts, Scrap took all the reviewing stuff, so I gotta run along and find some GS problems.
    Speak of the devil….
    Either "To speak of the devil" or "Speaking of the devil".
    Aww, nuts, Mom just said I need to load the truck. Ah, well, I'll try to edit this later.
    Loved the usual. The way you're developing the characters...

Amuses us.

Yeah, for once we agree.

C'mon, your mom is gonna kill ya if you don't go NOW!

Yeah, wouldn't want that, then I couldn't post here anymore. SB

Telepathy, telekinesis, I get them mixed up. << >> ^^;; *hides*

Twilight Absol Guest

Absolutely Hilarious!! *brushes Squirtle's bald head*
    He was intently interested in learning about the surrounding area. His brain, being among people of lesser intellect, was starving for more information. The guidebook sufficed.
    Yet in the last chapter, Kai was table to guess who Lance is....If you were intending sarcasm, then nevermind.

Thanks everyone for reveiwing. YUS! ITALICS SUCK! XDDDDDDDD Anyway, yah, Love triangle is a definet go, I love romance. >3 Battle scenes I must work on! HIYAH! *trains*

ALL UR BASE ARE BELONG TO US! *revised edition!* xd And I've decided on the Starters game personalities, if they were in the game that is...

Squirtle-Quirky
    Charmander-Bold
    Laia-Bashful

>D Nidoran is like, a pyscho. He thinks he's an uber powerful bulldozer or something. XD Giget is Rash, and Chris still has yet to catch his second pokemon. *sigh*

Speak of the devil? Thats what I thought it was. O_O;; Thanks for telling me that.

As for Kai, he's smart, he cant have a smart conversation with his stupid friends, so he must read. XD He dosent know a lot about Pokemon YET, or the gyms, or where they are, so he's going to make a mental map. Gives him something to do. x3

Next chappie will be up sometime this weekend, I have S.A.T testing all this week and next and mom forbids anything longer than an hour on teh compy. ^___^;;;

Thanks again guys.
    My Author Website

.__relive the legend__.

Page 1 of 73 123451151 ... LastLast