Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cutting the Ties that Bind! (440)

Read most of it and liked what I read!

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

http://www.auraguardians.net/

NOTE: The site is not up yet so the link will not work.

Okay when Australia gets this I will add to my favourite Pokemon episode , I always love when Ash gets to bond with his pokemon, and Sceptile is my favourite Hoenn pokemon! He's not remotely ugly!

Thanks for the summary Geodude!

From my understandings, the spray Enishida had was a kind of can of bug spray that drives away Bug-type Pokémon and would help to keep the Spear away.

Okay, after not having watched several episodes and skipping from time to time, this was a nice episode for me to catch. It's understandable why Jukain ran off. It didn't want to stop and wanted to continue trying to use Bullet Seed, even though it couldn't. Jukain's pride was pretty trashed there when it couldn't use it and felt angry with itself that it couldn't do an attack it learned way back as a Kimori. The fact that its trainer told it to come on back and that they would try again later somewhat hurt its feelings because it was ashamed of the fact it couldn't use it after having evolved. Hell, it was so angry with itself that it smashed its head against a tree several times.

Who wants to bet 4Kids or whoever has to lower the mood by playing some kind of soft or goofy music in order to actually air the scene intact, like they did with the battle against Adan?

I was actually suprised Satoshi didn't let go of Jukain and dive after Pikachu. About time the writers did something right there. o_O T'was also nice to see the two bonding while trying to find Pikachu and Satoshi letting Jukain rest, even supporting him as they walked.

Though I wonder about the fall to Satoshi's knee. Either the weight of Jukain falling on top of him hurt his knee as they both fell, or Satoshi's got some really weak knees. >_> And the jump he did..well, I guess Jukain's not the only one that can jump really high. :s

I do agree with V Faction, that Leaf Blade was pretty damn awesome. o_O And like Gravy, I was actually somewhat suprised at the playing of "Boku no Best Friend" without it being focused on Satoshi and Pikachu.

Definately a nice episode. And from the looks of the preview for the next episode, I'm interested to see how the battles play out. The Oosubame flight scenes were pretty damn nifty and it's a treat to see angles of battles we rarely get to see.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

lightspeed Guest

I've read the episode guide and looked at the pictures; I can't wait to watch this episode on TV, it's gonna be really awesome. Sceptile was really strong, especially its leaf blade. Also it was nice to see Ash care so much about Sceptile and also Sceptile caring so much for Ash. Sceptile's my favourite pokemon and I'm very obsessed with anything related to Sceptile; since this episode featured so much of Sceptile, it's gonna be one of my favourites although there was not much battling in this episode. I'll rate it Infinite/10 XD.
    Last edited by lightspeed; 18th March 2006 at 3:55 PM.

featured so much Sceptile, that is why it's name is in the title, I agree this will be a good episode
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

I looked at the Episode Pictures and Synopsis!(I can't spell!) I can't wait till it airs here! Sceptile is my uhhh 2nd favorite Pokemon(next to Grovyle) and I can't wait to see him regain his Leaf Blade, Quick Attack, and Bullet Seed. That's about all I gotta say. I'll probably post my comments and stuff when it actually airs like much much much much later.

Just saw this in the US. This episode was pretty cool. I felt so bad for Scpetile when it got frustrated and when Beedrill mauled Sceptile. Spencer was a cool character. It was cool to see Ash fight the Beedrill. It was awesome to see Sceptile regain its moves. It was cool to see TR getting blasted off without an attack from Pikachu.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

-Spencer doesn't sound like a generic old man! Rejoice! And his voice is cool anyway.
    -So that's what Scott sounds like now...not bad.
    -GO GO SCEPPY GO.
    -Did I mention that Sceptile sounds pretty good?
    -Don't you just LOVE how Ash can jump ridiculously far for no good reason?
    -Oh yes, and DUSTOX LIVES.

I just love this ep. Sceptile finally reminds us of that badass personality it had way back when, it GETS ITS GROOVE BACK, and we see the Plot Device Pokemon in action again. Good all around.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

The Return of Super Satoshi!

His new voice gives him SUPER STRENGTH!

Hey, return of the Box Of Impentreble Defense from the Samurai Era of Kanto!

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
    His new voice gives him SUPER STRENGTH!

Hey, return of the Box Of Impentreble Defense from the Samurai Era of Kanto!
    Now, all that's missing is Samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru
    Spencer doesn't sound like a generic old man! Rejoice! And his voice is cool anyway.
    That's four in a row! Can we make the full 'bingo!'? I guess for your sake, let's hope Brandon's good.XD

GO GO SCEPPY GO.
    *cues Naruto music*

Don't you just LOVE how Ash can jump ridiculously far for no good reason?
    ACTION HERO ASH RETURNS!

Oh yes, and DUSTOX LIVES.
    You're awesome, you know that?^^

*goes ahead and buddies her*
    Last edited by Pika Hikari KT; 4th November 2006 at 3:49 PM.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    That's four in a row! Can we make the full 'bingo!'? I guess for your sake, let's hope Brandon's good.XD

*cues Naruto music*

ACTION HERO ASH RETURNS!

You're awesome, you know that?^^

*goes ahead and buddies him*
    Juputoru is a ...girl. o_o;

I have two words for this episode: Sceptile OWNS
    wow this place really dropped off in activity huh.

No matter how much Sceptile owns, I will always like little ol' Treecko more.

Veronica Taylor or not, this episode was still dubbed decently. I was worried that Ash's new voice would not be fitting. Thank god he/she did the lines pretty well.

This episode is th best episode I've ever seen, but I already said that.

Season One Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenKirby View Post
    This episode is th best episode I've ever seen, but I already said that.
    I'm glad you enjoy pointless filler episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky~40 View Post
    I'm glad you enjoy pointless filler episodes.
    Excuse me. Filler episodes? What are you on? This is epsidoes is anything but a filler. This episode centers around Sceptile regainings its moves.

Do you think episodes like Charizard Chills and Hot Matches are pointless because they reverse negative effects of certain pokemon.

Besides, this episode also has many touchy, nice, and heartfelt moments. It's nice to see Ash bond with his Pokemon.

Season One Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenKirby View Post
    Excuse me. Filler episodes? What are you on? This is epsidoes is anything but a filler. This episode centers around Sceptile regainings its moves.

Do you think episodes like Charizard Chills and Hot Matches are pointless because they reverse negative effects of certain pokemon.

Besides, this episode also has many touchy, nice, and heartfelt moments. It's nice to see Ash bond with his Pokemon.
    Sceptile could have regained his ability to attack during the fight against Spencer. Instead, we had to have this crap.

did anyone catch TR's line after Sceptile killed them i nearly died laughing when i heard it

Quote Originally Posted by .Combusken. View Post

Well, if Sceppy relinquishes total use of the likes of Pound and Quick Attack, he'll need another basic, lunging, Normal move.

Slam/Body Slam anyone? I sooooo want to see Sceptile 'do tha Treecko' and use Slam/Pound with his big-ass assplant.
    It used quick attack in this episode...

I thought this was a great episode. It had a great drama, Ash's voice keeps getting better, Sceptile finally relearns his moves. It was a very satisfactory episode. I was also pleasantly surprised by Spenser's voice, it was really good. At least it wasn't the same old man voices we've heard in many old episodes, like with Pryce or with the old men in "Plant it Now Diglett Later". The episode also reminded me a lot of "Challenge of the Samurai", with all the beedrills and kakunas, and Team Rocket's coverage (at least this one wasn't cardboard.

Overall, 10/10. I can't wait for the new episodes Friday.
    ;My Shinies: NEW!! 8/31 NEW!! 8/31 NEW!! 9/2 NEW!! 9/6
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Nice to see Sceptile learned all of it's moves once again.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

yeah for Sceptile i can tell he's going to be real usuful to Ash when he plays the brain

Overall, it was a pretty good episode. Of course, I'm not too fond of the "OMG it's a friggin' BEEDRILL SWARM! RUN!" Mostly because the Beedrill swarm thing is WAY TOO OVERUSED. And Spenser was pretty cool. I really wasn't expecting him to sound like that, but it was an okay voice none-the-less (I cannot tell you how close I was to beating him in the friggin' game)...But I digress!

That's about it! Oh and happy to see someone else with a Chansey besides Nurse Joy. That's all!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

It's the return of Team Rocket's fail safe beedrill proof...

box.

Making a return from Kanto! Man, that brings back memories.

Credit to Mimiori Kiryu for the SONVA banner.

I claimed Midna as my bishie in the bishie thread.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast