Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Cutting the Ties that Bind! (440)

It was great how Sceptile relearns its moves and saves Ash. A bit scary when Sceptile shredded the arm-like things into pieces XD

Good episode, and yes, Spenser's voice was just perfect. Can't wait for the battle.

It's the return of Team Rocket's fail safe Beedrill proof...

box.

Making a return from Kanto! Man, that brings back memories.
    Sure does--I was reminded of that as well. But they said it was made of steel, which I'm sure NO Beedrill could get into unless it used Hyper Beam or something...not to mention it'd be kinda heavy for Jesse and James to lift?

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

I didnt like this episode, simply for one reason. Ashes voice didnt quite cut it. It was off, and the emotion that the episode was SUPPOSED to have, was gone because of that horrible voice.

Which is weird, because I like his voice alot in other episodes, just not this one. Everything else was great.

Pokemon White 2 Team!

POKEMON WHITE FC: 4255-4486-3513

Funny, I thought Ash's voice sounded great for this episode. He sounded right on emotionally in several places. I've liked the new voice all season long, so maybe I'm a bit biased, but I still thought it was really good this time around.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

wasn't the island named Metallica island? bnd James says.. we're serounded by heavy metal when they were in the beedrill box? lol

Anyways seeing the old beedrill proof box was great to see again.. though they thought wisely to make it of metal and not carboard this time it saved them for a few moments longer :P

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I got to see it today(I dont want to say how as it's plain obvious) and i was pretty impressed by it. We get to see the Repel for the first time. It looks EXACTLY like a can of bug spray(hehe, bug spray, Beedrill!! LOL!!). Sceptile relearning his moves was great. I also thought it was interesting how Team Rocket attempted their box trick, but it didnt do too well. Spenser's voice was pretty good too. What you didnt hear before cant hurt ya(not counting it's counter-part version okay!).

Okay, big confusion. At what point does May's Eevee learn Shadow Ball? Somebody please tell me. Cause im sure ive seen almost all the episodes up till now.

Oh, and am i the only one who found that this had a distinct similarity to the episode "Numero Uno Articuno", not plotwise, but how they meet the frontier brain, then the next episode they battle 'em?

Otherwise, pretty good episode. 8/10

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

^

1. Eevee learns it at the beginning of the episode.

2. You're right, they do meet Spenser in the same way as they met Noland. Kinda.

3. Spenser's voice was AWESOME!!

spencers voice was cool so was team rockets BOX of awesomeness

Oh, and am i the only one who found that this had a distinct similarity to the episode "Numero Uno Articuno", not plotwise, but how they meet the frontier brain, then the next episode they battle 'em?
    That's been a running trend since Johto...nothing new.

The Beedrill plot-device returns! The only problem I had with this episode is that Ash practically flew into Team Rocket's balloon, even though his knee was injured. ._.;

The best part was when James said, "You may be a Frontier Brain, but you look like a nut!" I was cracking up at that priceless line. XD
    Last edited by Horn Drill; 22nd November 2006 at 6:46 AM.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2wh3vpw.png[/IMG]
    Thank you, SapphireL.

I can BREAK these cuffs!

A OK episode. Sceptile is cool.

Yeah I thought that this episode was quite a good one for the return of Sceptile (even though it never left). But yeah, it was quite the good episode with Sceptile using its moves to save Pikachu and having that second blade when using leafblade looks great! And when Sceptile used quick attack to speed up to Pikachu to save it was really cool. And the final moved use to save itself from getting crushed by the impact of it landing on the ground with bulletseed. Great!

Seems funny how his stage 3 evolution pokemon have problems but then they just get use to Ash and learn to co-oporate with him after he trys to earn there respect by standing up for them. 8/10
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

Not much going on here :/ I hate how the writers just keep stalling until the final frontier battle. It's so annoying.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

I think it was nice that Sceptile managed to remember how to use it's attacks, it's a shame it forgot them to begin with.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Its a nice episode, Sceptile is my fave Pokemon and this episode rocks
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

it has been a while since i saw this episode but i do remember that it was a decent episode. i should watch this one when i have the time.

IMO i think grovyle should have evolved in this episode instead of the other 1 b/c it was completely useless in that 1.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

This is one of the saddest episodes ever. ;_;

If you agree, put this in your signature. Made by Neurotic Nuckelavee.

This episode was awesome. Ash and sceptile showed a huhge bond between each other. Good ol Sceptile ^_^
    Wish Upon a Darkstar

Live To Win

Good Sceptile episode.

Sceptile's power finaly discovered. his power is Incredible. i think that Sceptile was able to beat TR without any problem, by itself.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Good episode, you got to feel a bit sorry for Sceptile and losing it's power.
    It was good that Sceptile got it's power back, I liked that scene when the Beedrill are about to attack and Pikachu's thunderbolt comes out of nowhere and zaps them.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Hmm. I have such mixed feelings about this episode. On the bright side, Ash and friends finally arrived at the island where the Battle Palace is located and we saw Ash doing some more training for his match. May's Eevee also showed off it's Shadow Ball which was a stunning surprise. On the dark side though, Sceptile was having trouble using it's attacks. I found myself sort of secretly pleased though since Sceptile had always been so strong. How the mighty have fallen muhaha! No I'm just joking; it was quite sad that Sceptile had such trouble. This episode was centered around character development for Ash and Sceptile more than anything else though, and Ash's meeting with Spenser was eventful to say the least. Sceptile managed to get it's old moves back just in time for the next episode. A little too convenient but whatever. This gets a 7/10 for being all right but not all that great.

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    wasn't the island named Metallica island? bnd James says.. we're serounded by heavy metal when they were in the beedrill box? lol
    Yes! I'm not the only one who made this connection!

--

Awesome! Sceptile got his powers back! I knew he could do it!! *Hugs Sceptile*
    Scpetile is now one of my favorite Pokemon! Not quite better than Grovyle is, though.

I got a little choked up when Sceptile ran into the forest and was banging his head on that tree! Poor, poor Sceptile!

Every Ash/Sceptile moment in this episode was sweet!
    Alpha Sapphire planned team

Claimed by me!

Sceptile finally got its power and spirit..... now to Ash and Spencer's battle!

This episode was ok... It was great to see Sceptile eventually regain its attacks after being too heartbroken to use them for awhile. It was cool to see Eevee learn Shadow Ball, a very unexpected attack for an Eevee. There was definitely a lot of bonding time in this episode for Ash and Sceptile.

38/100

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast