Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cutting the Ties that Bind! (440)

I think my sig speaks for itself.

I did like the scenes with Ash and Sceptile chilling at night though.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Tone down the sexual tension V, you seem to be on edge lately.
    Can't help it. Some things on these forums just give me a humungous chip on my shoulder.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

i thought this episode was good. I think the early comments that Eevee pulled a Squirtle aren't entirely true. May was training with Eevee at least when it learned Shadow Ball. I enjoyed many of the Ash/sceptile scenes. There were a few good things here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    Sceptile Oaked? Are you serious?
    Glalie was Oaked just after it's prime, so maybe after the Bf Sceptile coulf be Oaked or sent to training.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    Clearly Spenser is the Safari Zone warden.
    Had to quote that XP

Well my comments and such are:

- WOMG Dustox yey ^^

- Argh this episode is so deja vu with the Beedrill >_>

- Chansey and Kacuna, for once (well lately anyway) I have to compliment them on their choice of Pokemon.

- Sceptile's leaf blade looks so much better, all we need to see is it doing a spin like Grovlye did once then it would be perfect.

- Spenser is more or less perfect, I just hope they give him a good dub voice.

- Eevee and Shadow Ball was kinda obvious, but Sceptile getting jealous was one of the best things the writters have ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiiest.Combusken

Well, if Sceppy relinquishes total use of the likes of Pound and Quick Attack, he'll need another basic, lunging, Normal move.

Slam/Body Slam anyone? I sooooo want to see Sceptile 'do tha Treecko' and use Slam/Pound with his big-ass assplant.
    It looked like Sceptile did a quick attack to grab ash when he was falling, but i'm only judging by the pics

I too look foward to a giant thorny tail Pound XD

Jacque-de-Lemono Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeballs
    It looked like Sceptile did a quick attack to grab ash when he was falling, but i'm only judging by the pics

No, I think it was just Sceptile's amazing speed kickin' in. But, you could always be right.

Maybe .. Agility?

Eevee is pulling a Squirtle and getting more on my nerves. Anyway, Sceptile will learn all his old moves and 1 new attack. As I said many times, I hope for thunderpunch or dragon claw but it'll probably be solar beam. Chansey?! Why not Blissey if anything. Well at least its battling instead of healing a wounded Oddish.
    Last edited by Kabuto; 10th February 2006 at 9:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seizureman
    Chansey?! Why not Blissey if anything. Well at least its healing a wounded Sceptile instead of battling.
    Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeballs

Hmmm...yeah, I noticed that too. But it's kinda hard to tell.
    Either way, Slam taking over Pound is always welcome [not that Pound has been all that popular lately as it is].

Jacque-de-Lemono Guest

I'm hoping for Thunderpunch. But I highly doubt it, because Pikachu takes the electric spotlight.

Dragon Claw might be nice, but I don't think they will. You never know.

Okay, first off did anyone notcied that box TR was in is the same thing they used way back in the Samurai Episode!

Yay! Scott in a non facility episode. His Ash senses seemed to come in handy.XD

Sceptile looks beast, and sweet! Can't wait to see him fight.

Eevee is pulling a Squirtle and getting more on my nerves.
    uh no. May never trained Squirtle at all. It had one battle prior and won in a contest. May was training Eevee when it learned it. There are such things as egg moves and Eevee hasnt been in a contest yet so we dont know what the outcome is.

Jacque-de-Lemono Guest

Hmm, i don't know. It could be ..

This episode is terrible. First, they had to make ash and Sceptile get attacked by Beedrill. Then after that it got really boring after they got out of the water. And I actually like Sceptile.

Having an episode where Sceptile re-remembers its moves is an interesting episode, but this isn't a good way it should be done. Like Sonuc from AoSth says: "That's no good".
    Last edited by Pikachu; 10th February 2006 at 10:04 PM.
    Just because I breed for natures and EV train does not mean I treat my pokemon like mindless drones or just data. Pokemon are more than just data to me. They're my prized possesions. I love my Pokemon.

Playing is Believing -Nintendo

Sprite Resources
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Meat
    Most of you are followers by going by what the most popular users think and copying their idea not expressing you own ideas.
    The quote that describes the many people that use cliche opinions.

I will not be posting much often. Only like once per month to keep my account alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu
    Having an episode where Sceptile re-remembers its moves is an interesting episode, but this isn't a good way it should be done. Like Sonuc from AoSth says: "That's no good".
    Those were touching moments. And you have the gall to say they were boring? Not enough Pikachu, huh Pikachu?

Quote Originally Posted by seizureman
    Eevee is pulling a Squirtle and getting more on my nerves.
    I'm telling you and most of the fanbase at this very moment to get over it. It's the nature of May's Pokemon. They simply don't garner the same attention to detail as Ash's Pokemon do when it comes to new attacks (like training and perfecting said attacks). If it's going to happen enough times, then I say "Hey. Let it go." By this time, we should be glad we get anything at all.
    Last edited by V Faction; 10th February 2006 at 11:52 PM.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Te-he! I like May's eevee because it ****** sceppy off, and that could build Sceptile's character a little.

and eevee with shadow ball is good, because it evolves it makes umbreon a near certainty (I hope).

I'm not as upset with the beedrill because they would be good battlers, they have the advantage and I can't think of any other bug types who could cause as much trouble, unless it was ninkask.

So the episode was alright in my book.
    ................and there goes the tumbleweed.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    I'm telling you and most of the fanbase at the very moment to get over it.
    Indeed, May mentioned training it a good while ago, can't you people just accept that Shadow Ball was the end result of potentially several weeks of training? Some people are acting like just because we don't see a Pokemon struggle to learn a new move over an episode or several its "pulling a Squirtle" (which even in Squirtle's case does not apply).

I mean nobody gets upset when a Pokemon learns AND masters a move in mere moments (i.e Noctowl and Confusion) during a battle, but we're up in arms over the fact that Eevee learned just about the only neat move it can get while training? Would you prefer that we got stuck with a bunch of episodes of its biting and tackling things?

Age, strength and the moves a pokemon learns are not really linked to each other in the anime. The trainer is the most important factor. Therefore if Eevee performs well in its first contest it will be because May trained it well, not because it "pulled a Squirtle."

<><><>

*coughs* Ahem... Now that that's over with:

From the pictures I can see this episode may not be all that "exciting." But it more than makes up for it in character growth, emotion, bonding and such. I mean how often do we get to see Ash spend any length of time alone with one of his Pokemon aside from Pikachu? We should be thankful, not calling the episode awful because it wasn't full of battles.

We got to see quite a different side of Sceptile, as he learned to accept and appreciate Ash's protection and help, something it has always had a tough time doing. You could tell that Sceptile was increasingly impressed with Ash's bravery and determination, especially when he took on the Beedrill swarm with nothing but a stick, and when Ash continued to support Sceptile even when his knee was injured.

Sceptile lost his moves because of forsaken love, here he finds Ash loves him more than he ever knew. This gave him the inspiration needed to get his powers back, when no amount of practice and time seemed to work, he got his powers back the same way he lost them, through love. *gets choked up a bit, sappy music begins to play*

And I really don't get the Beedrill hatred. They aren't used all that often and it makes perfect sense. You anger a sworm of giant wasps, you either defend yourself or run, and most often running is the best bet. Besides they were Bug/Poison, a good choice to injure Sceptile so badly.

Lastly, that stream of light behind it confirms it for me, Sceptile used Quick Attack to get down to Ash before he could hit the ground. The scene with Sceptile holding his master who had been holding him up all this episode was so very sweet.

I don't know why I'm still annoyed at Scottie showing up at each facility like Ash's stalker. I should be used to it by now. But I'm not. I'm still far too disturbed.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned a highlight of this episode - Manene mimicking Wobby durring the motto.

The Beedrill chases are simply a cliche. We need something new, like Ninjask.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Beware the screaming cicadaes of death.

Leaf Blade rocks. It's double the pain.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

I don't know why I'm still annoyed at Scottie showing up at each facility like Ash's stalker. I should be used to it by now. But I'm not. I'm still far too disturbed.
    Scott was someone that would always pop up in Emerald as you went along in the game so I think the writers are pretty much doing the same thing here.

I don't know if someone has said it already but Sceptile does not run off because of Eevee doing shadow ball. Ash has all his pokemon out and bascially does a roll call with them each one doing one of their moves and when it comes Sceptile doing bullet seed he can't do it (as if Ash should be suprised that he can't) Than the scene skips to late afternoon with Sceptile still trying to do bullet seed and finally getting fed up with not doing it and running off to beat it's head on a tree (maybe nurse joy can prescribe some pokemon prozak). It's not a really exciting episode but just a nice one where Ash inspires his pokemon with his love and devotion to them. Think Charizard Chills with a Sceptile instead.

Seen the episode and really liked it. It was nice to see ash spend time with sceptile. At the end where sceptile used leaf blade to break itself and pikachu free and uses quick attack to catch ash in the air and then using bullet seed to slow down its landing was really nice. Overall IMO very nice episode and it was great to see how they really added growth to sceptile's evolution, something we dont see often.
    O and for people who speak japanese what the hell was spenser talking about with brock and the rest of the group at night. Long speech.

I think it'll be a great episode when it's dubbed by Pokémon USA, Inc.

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

http://www.auraguardians.net/

NOTE: The site is not up yet so the link will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost master
    I think the early comments that Eevee pulled a Squirtle aren't entirely true. May was training with Eevee at least when it learned Shadow Ball.
    Yeah, at least it didn't spontaneously learn Shadow Ball in the middle of a Contest battle. The fact that May was actually training her Eevee at all makes it not really "pulling a Squirtle", for that matter.

This episode was great! Seeing Ash bonding with Sceptile, then they try to fend off Beedrill, then Spenser helps Pikachu out when he got hurt real bad... but the best part is when Sceptile got his moves back making him and Pikachu able to escape Team Rocket with the help of his Leaf Blade. Very great Pokemon episode!

I thought it was neat that after Sceptile saved Ash, the first thing it did was pick out a new twig. Kinda symbolic eh? It did the same thing back when it first evolved into Grovyle.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I saw the episode pictures.It was great that Sceptile regained bullet seed and leaf blade.It still has that put a twig to the mouth habit.I wonder if it learned any new attacks?
    current rank:Rising trainer
    Final rank:Pokemon champion
    Oh boy,I have a long way to go.
    Future DP team:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast