Thread: Subpunching Breloom?

Default Subpunching Breloom?

Being an inpatient gamer, I never had the patience to train a Sporepunching Breloom. Therefore, my Emerald Breloom is stuck with an absolutely horrific moveset; Stun Spore, Leech Seed, Mach Punch, and Sky Uppercut.
    What I want to know, does Breloom also make a good subpuncher? Because I'm planning on teaching it Substitute and Focus Punch, but since those moves can only be taught once (yes, you could trade, but I have no friends to trade with, and I've only got one GBA) I want to know if Breloom is a good Subpuncher, and if it will work well.
    Kthnxbi.

-Click the banner to read-

Want Pokemon forums with Custom-Avatars, a funky Jukebox, and no n00bs or spam whatsoever? Then come to HitmonNet, the greatest webpage on t3h internetz!

Sporepunch > Subpunch but both are ok

subpunch breloom works really well in game

sub/focus punch/spore/sludge bomb

is a nice In-game set
    Hey unfaithful!

musics
    PM for B/W wi-fi battles. If you hack... don't bother, i'll still win.

DemonScythe Guest

leech seed/sub/punch/spore

suck the life out of some shits and resistant grasses take
    heavy status along with an FP =)

What you want is Spore-Punching seeing that it can take out a lot of toughies like Tyranitar and Snorlax!

Just play around with what it can learn but for now this is the moveset I think is the best and is used in Battle Frontier a lot!

Breloom@Leftovers
    Adamant/Jolly nature
    Ev's 252 Attack/Speed,6 HP

Spore
    Focus Punch
    Sludge Bomb
    Mach Punch/Hidden Power:Rock/Ground

Okay,so Hidden Power:Rock/Ground isn't used in the Battle Frontier,but it can work!

I have a Jolly breloom that has Outstanding Speed,I might train it seeing that it can also take out Scizor with Spore and Focus Punch!
    [IMG]http://i5.*******.com/11l1ptv.jpg[/IMG]
    Credit goes to Dark Latios for
    such a cool Trainer Card!
    Credit goes to SapphireL for the Cute Latios.
    Yo Pimp!
    -
    Battle Frontier Symbols:
    Luck
    Ability
    Brave
    Knowledge
    Guts
    Spirits
    Tactics

Click here for important Topics of interest.

I prefer DemonScythe's suggestion. 0mastar's suggestion still seems to be a SporePunching Breloom against the will of the thread starter. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Thou
    I prefer DemonScythe's suggestion. 0mastar's suggestion still seems to be a SporePunching Breloom against the will of the thread starter. lol
    But my good sir, DemonScythe's set is also SporePunch.
    But it is a good set nonetheless. At least ingame, I have no idea about competitive.

The best way to get hundreds of Shroomish with Spore, so you never have this problem again, is to level up, paying no attention to Evs etc (one male and one female obviously), until they hit level 52 and then Smack them both in the day care. All of the spawn will have Spore at Lv5!

I like the Idea of a Sub and Spore Punching Breloom. Super safe or what?

Wow, do my eyes ever deceive me or what...(Regarding earlier comment)

Spore-SubPunching Breloom is somewhat of a paranoid idea, though the Sub does work to set up a Spore opportunity if the next Pokemon has the upper hand against Breloom.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Master
    The best way to get hundreds of Shroomish with Spore, so you never have this problem again, is to level up, paying no attention to Evs etc (one male and one female obviously), until they hit level 52 and then Smack them both in the day care. All of the spawn will have Spore at Lv5!
    Training the Breloom I've got to lvl 50 took the entire length of time it did to reach the elite 4. I can't stand the thought of training yet another Shroomish, especially as it's one of the slowest critters to level up in the entire game.
    I don't want Spore on Breloom! All you guys are giving me movesets with spore, when the whole point of this thread is to find a Substitute (pun intended) for spore!

-Click the banner to read-

Want Pokemon forums with Custom-Avatars, a funky Jukebox, and no n00bs or spam whatsoever? Then come to HitmonNet, the greatest webpage on t3h internetz!

DemonScythe Guest

Its not that hard at all just go with
    Stunspore/Substitute/Focuspunch/LeechSeed
    you paralyze your foe and substitute until they can't move
    you Leech them to get the life back from your subs, and once
    you got leech going you can outstall them like a sceptile but you
    get the bonus of sticking a big focuspunch right in their face!