Thread: Battle Frontier Team

Default Battle Frontier Team

I finally made it to Battle Frontier on Emerald, so I'm getting to the make-a-team stage. I was thinking along the lines of this, but please tell me if I'm heading in the wrong direction and need a poke back onto the right path

Swampert @ Leftovers/Chesto Berry
    Nature: ---
    EVs: ---
    Trait: Torrent
    - Curse
    - Surf
    - Eathquake
    - Ice Beam/Rest
    Obviously, Chesto Berry is for the Rest option, Leftovers otherwise.

Houndoom @ ---
    Nature: Modest?
    Trait: Flash Fire
    - Flamethrower
    - Pursuit/Shadow Ball
    - Crunch
    - Beat Up
    I'd put another Leftovers on this one, but the item clause would bar me so... One of my favourite Pokemon, haven't used it since Gold and Silver though.

Metagross @ Choice Band
    Trait: Clear Body
    - Meteor Mash
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - Psychic/Sludge Bomb
    I don't know if Choice Band works on Metagross, but I'll give it a try. Eager to use it in battle as I've never used one before.

Obviously I need a lot of help, especially with natures, items and EVs, but also with movesets. I'm willing to breed a lot to get some great Pokemon, and I'll swap the team around a bit if needed. I haven't really explored weaknesses and strengths with this team as of yet, but I will do as soon as I get time. Thanks!

[EDIT:]
    Here is the Castform I plan on using for Beauty Contests:
    Castform @ Blue Scarf
    Nature: Modest/Mild/Rash/Quiet
    Condition: Max out Beauty
    - Flash
    - Hail
    - Powder Snow
    - Fire Blast
    The strategy is, enter with Hail, combo with Powder Snow next round, Fire Blast to gain hearts in a pinch and Flash to blot out anyone else's hopes of a combo. I would like to use something better than Fire Blast, but it's the best (tied with Blizzard) Beauty move Castform can use with no extra effects.
    I am currently breeding for a good nature, and I have the berries to make good PokeBlocks to max out it's Beauty. Could someone please rate this for me? I didn't want to make a new thread...[/EDIT]
    Last edited by Absol!; 18th February 2006 at 6:19 AM.
    Fire types pwn. And I'm looking at you Blaziken, Houndoom and Typhlosion =)

No problemo, i dislike EV training anyways. Before i rate these three, i'd just like to point out that althoughin each frontier single event three pokemon are needed, you can raise more than three to increase you're strengths and vary them from challenge to challenge.

Swampert @ Leftovers
    - Curse
    - Surf
    - Eathquake
    - Ice Beam

Houndoom @ ---
    Nature: Modest?
    - Flamethrower
    - Iron Tail
    - Crunch
    - Beat Up
    I'd put another Leftovers on this one, but the item clause would bar me so... One of my favourite Pokemon, haven't used it since Gold and Silver though.

Metagross @ Choice Band Drop it, please...
    - Meteor Mash
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - Psychic
    I don't know if Choice Band works on Metagross, but I'll give it a try. Eager to use it in battle as I've never used one before.

Obviously I need a lot of help, especially with natures, items and EVs, but also with movesets. I'm willing to breed a lot to get some great Pokemon, and I'll swap the team around a bit if needed. I haven't really explored weaknesses and strengths with this team as of yet, but I will do as soon as I get time. Thanks!
    Changes in bold. Later!
    Last edited by Air Dragon; 16th February 2006 at 3:32 PM.
    The Corei Quest's latest chapter: Chapter Forty Seven: Tricks of the Trade (24 April 2014)
    PROJECT C-SQUARE STATUS = 100.00% Complete (11-12-2010, ca. 2:40pm GMT)
    HEART OF SEVEN STONES IS ON INDEFINITE HIATUS (REAPED) UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
    Butt-ugly Banner by Me
    (Still waiting on the excellent Saffire Persian for another awesome TCQ banner!)

Emilio Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Absol!

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Nature:
    Brave
    EVs: 240 HP / 50 Atk / 44 SAtk / 176 SDef
    - Curse
    - Surf/Ice Beam
    - Eathquake
    - Rest
    Don't use chesto rest

Houndoom @ Lum Berry
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 68 HP / 190 Spd / 252 SAtk
    - Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    - Pursuit/Crunch
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Beat Up

Metagross @ Choice Band
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 6 Hp
    - Meteor Mash
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - Explosion

I finally made it to Battle Frontier on Emerald, so I'm getting to the make-a-team stage. I was thinking along the lines of this, but please tell me if I'm heading in the wrong direction and need a poke back onto the right path

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Nature:Brave
    EVs: 240 HP / 50 Atk / 44 SAtk / 176 SDef
    - Curse
    - Ice Beam
    - Eathquake
    - Ice Beam/Rest
    Obviously, Chesto Berry is for the Rest option, Leftovers otherwise. Ice Beam is for dragons.

Houndoom @salac berry
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 68 HP / 190 Spd / 252 SAtk
    - Fire Blast
    - Pursuit/Crunch
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - HP:Ice/ Grass

Wisp allows you to burn physical sweepers, possibly pursuit over crunch for the switch.

Metagross @ Choice Band
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk / 74 Def / 184 Spd
    - Shadow Ball / Rock Slide
    - Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Explosion

You need a physical/special wall.

-SB
    Friend Code: 4656-6948-6232
    Normal Type (X): Audino, Aipom and Eevee!
    PM Me and i will ad you

Thanks!

I don't know if I can get the HPs, but I'll try. And which Pokemon should I use as a wall? I have an Aggron, could I breed that and EV train the offspring Defense for my wall?

I've got a Timid Ditto and a Jolly Houndour female (terrible nature for Houdour x.x), if I put an Everstone on Ditto and bred the two, would there still be a 50/50 chance of a Timid baby, or does that not work with Ditto?

Edit: I also can't get the Salac Berry...
    Last edited by Absol!; 16th February 2006 at 9:51 PM.

Emilio did give advice, it just wasn't Bolded.

Yes, Chesto Rest is stupid because it's a one-off strategy, whereas Leftovers is permanent and will help you a lot more in the long run.

Aggron is OK, but a 4x weakness to Fighting and Ground could hurt it pretty badly, even with such a high Base Defense.

Best Special Wall InGame is Snorlax, and best Special Wall is Milotic. I'd say Skarm and Bliss, but they can't really do that much damage independently, as opposed to these two.

EDDIT: You misunderstood the effect of the Everstone. It doesn't make it 50/50, it just increases the existing percent. It goes from 4% to 6% because 2% is 50% of 4%, added to 4%, it makes 6%. It's not that big a change, but it's something =/

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Okay... I'll have to try and find a Feebas then I don't have anyone to trade with (I recently moved overseas) so I can't get a Snorlax or Blissey (I have Lg, but only one GBA), but I can get a Skarmory.

If I get a Milotic, I'd ditch the Swampert, right? How does this set look:

Milotic @ Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    Trait: Marvel Scale
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    - Hypnosis
    - Surf

EV's for milotic

EVs: 212 HP / 24 Def / 56 SAtk / 176 SDef / 40 Spd

or try 212 HP/ 252 Def/ rest in S.Def or S.Atk

-SB
    Friend Code: 4656-6948-6232
    Normal Type (X): Audino, Aipom and Eevee!
    PM Me and i will ad you

Thanks for the EV spread

I'm searching for Feebas now, Old Rod, fishing on every tile 2-3 times. It's going to be a long day =/

BTW, Ignore what Shiney Mightyena says (lol psychic on gross, lol non CB gross w/o agility)

You could use Gross as a lead, so it can Rape things silly

Okay, thanks Steve's Ledgend. I have edited the main post, adding in a contest Pokemon I plan to use strictly for Beauty Contests.

I don't know if Choice Band works on Metagross
    It does, that's a perfect CBgross set sans Psychic.

Also, what's the point of a Contest Pokemon in Battle Frontier? They aren't our specialty anyways.

Lol, it has nothing to do with a Battle Frontier I might make a new post, and edit that bit out.