Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ka-Boom With A View! (441)

Big thumbs down for not letting Heracross be the one to knock out Venusaur. All I've got to say. What was the point of bringing him back just to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Magus
    Big thumbs down for not letting Heracross be the one to knock out Venusaur. All I've got to say. What was the point of bringing him back just to lose?
    Exactly my thoughts.

And dear heavens, Gravy is NOT going to be happy. All the while, he was adamant on Sceptile not learning Solarbeam, and here it has....Frankly, I'm disappointed, too. Gravy swept me up and away in his logic, and I agree this really goes against Sceptile's style -_-

Currently hating the writers for royally screwing over Spenser's battle D= I wish they had showcased Sceptile in Anabel's episode, as I really don't care about her at all. What I wanted here was an awesome fight with reasonable KOs. Instead we get Sceptile showing off its blooming backside ;-;

Oh well, at least I like Sceptile. If the spotlight went to Charizard, I would have to maim a small animal.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Did Ash send heracross back to Oak's at the end of the episode? I'm really hoping that he didn't, but I'm assuming that he did...
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Heh, it is amusing to see Gravy proven wrong with a lot of his arguments though.

He always has a lot of great points as to why something should or should not happen, but then the writers prove him wrong and do it anyway. Fate is cruel ay?

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Commander Blizzard*~
    And dear heavens, Gravy is NOT going to be happy. All the while, he was adamant on Sceptile not learning Solarbeam, and here it has....Frankly, I'm disappointed, too. Gravy swept me up and away in his logic, and I agree this really goes against Sceptile's style -_-
    Gravy's already not happy about it, go read the spec thread, and would you people stop complaining about how it contradicts it's fighting style, fully evolved pokemon in my opinion should learn one of the most powerful type moves that they can learn, and who's to say the writers haven't found a way to incorperate the move into it's fighting style, it can be done you know.

Currently hating the writers for royally screwing over Spenser's battle D= I wish they had showcased Sceptile in Anabel's episode, as I really don't care about her at all. What I wanted here was an awesome fight with reasonable KOs. Instead we get Sceptile showing off its blooming backside ;-;
    Heracross at least did something that i can't wait to see in the episode pics, Swellow has just become the best "bird flyer" that Ash has had to date,(pidgeot has nothing on him.) and considering the previous episode was all about Sceptile plus the fact he was the only pokemon to lose a battle back as a Grovyle in the arena, he rightfully deserves screen vengence.

Bloody hell. Not only did Heracross get the shaft, they just had to go and give Jukain solarbeam didn't they? And to think I was looking foreward to this. --;
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Bloody hell. Not only did Heracross get the shaft, they just had to go and give Jukain solarbeam didn't they? And to think I was looking foreward to this. --;

i actually was thinking that it would in this battle i don't know why, and does anyone know what TR was doing in the episode, i hope they are moping after Sceptile killed thier pokemon last episode hehehehe..........

I suppose I should be happy that he appeared at all, but to be honest, I would have rather he just stayed at Ookido's lab than being KO'ed in the first round.
    ~

I suppose I should be happy that he appeared at all, but to be honest, I would have rather he just stayed at Ookido's lab than being KO'ed in the first round.

at least Heracross will give us something to laugh at when the pictures show up, i can't wait to see Venusaurs facial expression.

Solar Beam's charge-up time is bad for Sceptile's high-speed fighting style, but...he doesn't actually have to stand still while charging, does he? If he can still jump around to dodge attacks while he charges, it's not too bad.

Judging by Munchlax's Solarbeam, I'm doubting whether Sceptile's has any charge up time at all.

Great, who wants to bet that May's Bulbasaur learns Solarbeam from Ash's Bulbasaur back at Oaks? Then we'll have 4 Pokemon with the main group that know Solarbeam. :/

And then Satoshi will use Hinoarashi in the next facility and it'll learn overheat. 8D
    ~

Did Ash send heracross back to Oak's at the end of the episode? NOone has answered that yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo Theatre
    Did Ash send heracross back to Oak's at the end of the episode? NOone has answered that yet!

well no one's answered mine about what TR was doing in this episode but oh well......

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Judging by Munchlax's Solarbeam, I'm doubting whether Sceptile's has any charge up time at all.
    Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Great, who wants to bet that May's Bulbasaur learns Solarbeam from Ash's Bulbasaur back at Oaks? Then we'll have 4 Pokemon with the main group that know Solarbeam. :/
    The Bulbas count as part of the "main group"? Ash's is permanently Oaked, and we have no idea when or if May will retrieve hers.

And then Satoshi will use Hinoarashi in the next facility and it'll learn overheat. 8D
    You mean, "It will learn Solarbeam by some amazing miracle."

You know... If it had been one or the other... Heracross losing so quickly OR Sceptile getting plunked with Solarbeam, I could've coped with that. Sure, I'd be upset over which ever of the two did happen, but I could cope. But this... This is low.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

well that's certainly craptacular D:

I'm sad that Heracross lost and I'm even sadder that Sceptile learned solarbeam... hopefully it'll only be used as a last resort of something and it still uses Bullet Seed and Leaf Blade.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Default Fierce Fighting! Jungle Battle at the Battle Palace!!

Why did Heracross have to lose? WHY!?
    Last edited by Poké_Master; 17th February 2006 at 3:31 AM.

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

http://www.auraguardians.net/

NOTE: The site is not up yet so the link will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Poké_Master
    Why did Heracross have to lose? WHY!?
    Because the writers hate you.

Default Fierce Fighting! Jungle Battle at the Battle Palace!!

I think I already knew that... Oh, well. Heracross better get some redemption later on in the series...!
    Last edited by Poké_Master; 17th February 2006 at 3:32 AM.

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

http://www.auraguardians.net/

NOTE: The site is not up yet so the link will not work.

BrokenDreams Guest

Man the writer's were probably high when they wrote this.

That's what we've been saying for ages. XP
    ~

Let's see. Heracross hasn't been used since Satoshi went to Houen, while Fushigibana was still being trained. Of course Fushigibana's gonna win. Heracross hadn't been used in a while. As long as a good battle was put up, I couldn't care less who won.

I love the logic of some of you people. You complain when Satoshi's Pokémon win out of some miraculous event, yet when one of the cool yet undertrained Pokémon loses, you have to throw a fit over it. Nice.

Jukain learning Solarbeam wasn't any suprise. I don't really see much of a problem with it anyways, seeing as Jukain hadn't even learned any new moves since learning Leaf Blade as a Juptile. o_O At least we're not seeing some crazy way of it learning some kind of Razor Leaf or Vine Whip, both which have been overused over the years. >:P
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

I think we hate Solaream because it is way over used. Consider the huge move pool Sceptile can use, you'd think they could have given it a more original move than Solar Beam.

So, Snorlax takes down two fighting types and people justify it by saying the Pokemon probably train at Oak's. Then Heracross gets his head handed to him by a grass type and the justification is that they don't train at Oak's. TBA's conclusion: Heracross got the shaft big time.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Amen.

I'm only hoping that Ash keeps Heracross in his team to train it.

'Yeah right, the writers will never do that' I hear you say. And you would be right. I'm just saying what I think would make the loss better, but it ain't gonna happen.

I'm not too fussed about Solarbeam. I mean, who wants to complain about a Pokemon LEARNING a move? Even Squirtle and Ice Beam wasn't too bad, it was just badly placed to give Squirtle a convinient and cheap win. Sceptile is different though, it has had lots of training, so I'm not bothered.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast