Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ka-Boom With A View! (441)

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiiest.Combusken
    Hmmmm...you know what I just realized? Ash and Spenser were running through the forest, right?
    Yet they didn't run into ONE Beedrill or Kakuna which the said forest seemed to be brimming with last episode. Not even one damned Kakuna hanging from a tree in the backdrop >.>

It just furthers the fact that all Beedrill are are plot devices D:
    Good point <<
    Anyway, saw the pics. The TR scenes were hilarious IMO. Claydol ,one of my favorites, appeared in this episode, so...even so, 8/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu
    OMG creepy, in the speculation thread someone said they'll be watching from a Balloon, someone else said from a TV, but they are watching from a TV in a balloon X_X;; Creepy...
    That was me! Well, I said they'd probably be watching from a balloon anyway. Pretty easy guess though.

Looks like your pain-staking time-biding paid off, Cyber!
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Well, now we know what those balls on Sceptile's back are for.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    I suppose I should be happy that he appeared at all, but to be honest, I would have rather he just stayed at Ookido's lab than being KO'ed in the first round.

I agree. I saw the pics, and I must say it doesn't help seeing it knowing that Heracross was doomed for failure. Poor guy. Now I would be tickled pink crying like a baby if Heracross got to stick around for awhile to avenge its loss.

I know I'll make enemies here, but its time to Oak Swellow. I'm sorry, but the writers made it a little too powerful for my taste.

Great pic you took VFaction!
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

Sceptile apparantly knows Waterfall. 0_o; Nice to see the return of Slam though.

Banners By Me. Level 3 Trainer: 33 KOs, 95.5 TP, 18 SP

Quote Originally Posted by seizureman
    How sad. Heracross has a type advantage and massive power but was brought down by a Venusaur. Oh well at least we got to see it and it did supposedly put up a good fight.
    No, there is no type advantage, just Heracross' resistance to Grass attacks. Yes, it did put up a good fight.

I agree with whoever said that if Heracross had won, it wouldn't be long before people would start complaining that Ash's use of his reserves is too predictable, that reserve = automatic win. But it actually lost, and people are still complaining. Just goes to show that people love to whine and hate to focus on the good things that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiiest.Combusken
    Hmmmm...you know what I just realized? Ash and Spenser were running through the forest, right?
    Yet they didn't run into ONE Beedrill or Kakuna which the said forest seemed to be brimming with last episode.
    Not the same forest.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoraJolteon
    Sceptile apparantly knows Waterfall. 0_o; Nice to see the return of Slam though.
    Uh, no. And that was Pound. It has never used Slam.
    Last edited by Geodude; 18th February 2006 at 1:23 AM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    I agree with whoever said that if Heracross had won, it wouldn't be long before people would start complaining that Ash's use of his reserves is too predictable, that reserve = automatic win. But it actually lost, and people are still complaining. Just goes to show that people love to whine and hate to focus on the good things that happened.
    This was the first reserve that seemed to get no special treatment. And by that I don't mean because Heracross lost, but rather its battle wasn't a deciding factor in the match going to Ash. Charizard and Snorlax received highly centralized fights. It doesn't help that those two are top tier Ash Pokemon. When a strong but more interesting Pokemon comes around, like Heracross, it's a cruel fate to see it not even win a round.

Trust me, if they were to pull more stunts like the Charizard and Snorlax fights down the line, I would assuredly complain. But if they managed themselves and stuck reserve Pokemon in fights like Heracross's (minus the losing), it would be more tolerable.
    V | Faction

Exactly. If he had taken down one pokémon and then lost I wouldn't have cared. No one said he had to hog the spotlight and win the whole battle. :/
    ~

You folks got your Heracross TAKING A FIRE BLAST HEAD ON and defeating Shigeru's Boober. Now shaddap.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Here's hoping Hera stays with the group and makes Ash's BF team the best damn team he's ever had.

Forget Charizard, and forget Bulbasaur and Squirtle. Sceptile, Swellow and Heracross are the powerhouses we want to see.

The Three Musketeers, so to speak.

Seen the episode and wont whine about heracross losing although it was disappointing. It still put up a good fight it got in horn attack and 2 megahorn attacks. Venasaur was strong it took three attacks from heracross and a quick attack from swellow and aerial ace to knock it out. I have a feeling we'll see heracross in the next facilty. Shiftry vs. Sceptile a battle i've said i wanted since shiftry was first shown in the hoenn region and ash battled it with treeko. And it was nice to see it play out the way it did, especially the part where shiftry using his speed to get around but sceptile keeping right with him and giving a little smile. Sceptile's solarbeam looked really nice IMO, possibly the best i've seen yet in the anime. And something gravy said that i agreed with was if sceptile got solarbeam that would hurt its battling style of sort, since sceptile moves around and stuff hes like a fighter, and usually when a pokemon is charging up for solarbeam they really dont move around much. But it was nice to see sceptiles case be different in this battle, cuz ash had him jump up to dodge claydols attack when charging up for solarbeam and then sceptile launched it and as i said already it looked awesome. Sceptile is the type of pokemon that can charge up solarbeam and dodge attacks at the same time with its ability to move.Overall i loved the episode, animation, music, the length of the battle, TR's interference everything was great. 10/10
    I really want the animators/writers or whoever does it to keep the idea of sceptile charging its beam and dodging attacks like it did in this battle since that will keep sceptiles way of battling consistant and the way we all love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Here's hoping Hera stays with the group and makes Ash's BF team the best damn team he's ever had.
    may happen if the writers decide to send Donphan back.

Sceptile, Swellow and Heracross are the powerhouses we want to see.

i love how a mug shot can hypnotise people, and at least there is less complaining on the Solarbeam issue now.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    You folks got your Heracross TAKING A FIRE BLAST HEAD ON and defeating Shigeru's Boober. Now shaddap.
    That was over 170 episodes and 3 years ago. That hardly compensates for anything now.

Ash should keep Heracross and then keep the team the same for the rest of the season. It is the ultimate team and could never lose.

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

http://www.auraguardians.net/

NOTE: The site is not up yet so the link will not work.

may happen if the writers decide to send Donphan back.
    No way. If anything Swellow would go if Heracross stayed and if somoene would have to be oaked. I dont think Donphan has yet to have a good battle. Lucy's battle wasnt all that good of a battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Poké_Master
    Ash should keep Heracross and then keep the team the same for the rest of the season.
    If it takes Donphan's place i'm all for it.

It is the ultimate team and could never lose
    it just did....

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Master
    No way. If anything Swellow would go if Heracross stayed and if somoene would have to be oaked. I dont think Donphan has yet to have a good battle. Lucy's battle wasnt all that good of a battle.
    let me see, Phanpy came back, evolved into Donphan, got a pretty decent amount of travel in, and got a frontier battle(regardless of what you think), what else can the elephant possibly do, Swellow is staying cause in addition to being a raging juggernaunt from the pitts of hell, it is also the (Scout/TR ballon popper/etc) it has a purpose, Donphan does not, the only reason people want it to go back is cause they are jealous that it picked up a win when everyone thought it was going to be taken down and vice-versa with Heracross, and don't even start with me that Heracross can do what Swellow can, yes it can fly, but it is isn't as fast, and we know how easily TR can trick it. (Falkner Gym episode anyone?)
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 18th February 2006 at 2:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poké_Master
    Ash should keep Heracross and then keep the team the same for the rest of the season. It is the ultimate team and could never lose.
    Eh, I still want to see his other Pokemon at Oaks get in at least one battle. We haven't seen any of his reserves at Oaks in battle since the Johto league, why should they continue to rot away doing nothing?

This is their last chance to be on Ash's team too, as we know once the D/P saga starts all of Ash's AG team will be Oaked as well.

I still want Ash's Squirtle to return, Muk and Tauros to be used, Cyndaquil and Totodile to possibly evolve, and Bayleef to get a good battle. Is this too much to ask? (Don't answer that question, as I know it'll be a miracle if the writers do everything I want them to do)

Haha. Boober.

That's another thing too. Heracross DID take a Fire Blast head on. Like it was nothing. And yet Solarbeam hands Hera its ass.
    V | Faction

Thats true V, but after watching the episode i observed that venasaur was strong. It took heracross and swellow to beat it. Swellow won because its fast and can move around. Heracross was going head to head and failed. And besides i have a feeling that we'll see heracross in the next facility. O yea thanks for the info on the Octazooka attack, appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost master
    ...why should any of them be Oaked at all? Swellow and Sceptile are a joy to watch in combat, and both Donphan and Corphish are in need of development. Filling that sixth space just so another pokémon can leave would take idiocy to a whole new level.

Well, compared to amount of successful fights Snorlax has had thus far, a relatively short Johto league battle doesn't exactly count for much :/ *whistles innocently*

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    And yet Solarbeam hands Hera its ass.
    I LOVE SOLARBEAM!

Default Fierce Fighting! Jungle Battle at the Battle Palace!!

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard
    If it takes Donphan's place i'm all for it.
    That would be fine with me. Plus it would leave an empty space for Cyndaquil or Totodile to make a return and possibly evolve, like Cyber said.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard
    it just did....
    I meant the whole team.

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

EDIT: Damn. I should quote more.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamez
    Thats true V, but after watching the episode i observed that venasaur was strong. It took heracross and swellow to beat it. Swellow won because its fast and can move around. Heracross was going head to head and failed. And besides i have a feeling that we'll see heracross in the next facility. O yea thanks for the info on the Octazooka attack, appreciate it.
    Oh heck yeah it was strong! Heracross gave all that it could. I generally chalk stuff like this up to writer influence though. Heracross could have been paired up against Shiftry and lost just the same if that's what they had decided. And I guess, that's what bugs me the most, that they went ahead and gave Heracross the difficult round. Poor guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    I LOVE SOLARBEAM!
    You luv Solurbame. You luv Solurbame. You luv it. Yur life is meaningless without Solurbame.
    Last edited by V Faction; 18th February 2006 at 2:17 AM.
    V | Faction

If it stays, Ash'll probably train it and it might appear at the Battle Tower and win against one of Anabel's Pokémon.

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

I still want Ash's Squirtle to return, Muk and Tauros to be used, Cyndaquil and Totodile to possibly evolve, and Bayleef to get a good battle. Is this too much to ask? (Don't answer that question, as I know it'll be a miracle if the writers do everything I want them to do)
    Theres always the battle tower. Assuming they do it like they did in the 7th movie he could use different pokemon for different rounds and then he could do a 6 vs. 6 against Anabel. Although I guess I'm hoping to much for the writers to provide a 6 vs. 6 match. I dont think the writers are going to be able to work around the battle tower feature since we've already seen it appear in the anime and there's not much else to do. I also dont think the writers cant make this at least 2 parters.
    Anyway on topic, Sceptile's solarbeam did it have a little blue in it or was it smoke or dust surrounding the beam.
    That's another thing too. Heracross DID take a Fire Blast head on. Like it was nothing. And yet Solarbeam hands Hera its ***.
    yeah I know that got me miffed but, I think it was partially due to Heracross getting hit really close to Venusaur at the time.
    ...why should any of them be Oaked at all?
    I did say
    if somoene would have to be oaked
    Last edited by ghost master; 18th February 2006 at 2:20 AM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast