Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 209

Thread: Ka-Boom With A View! (441)

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    A Parallel Unicorn
    Posts
    1,998

    Default

    Except that these balls are seeds, and therefore useless for photosynthesis :P Still, it makes more sense that Munchlax having the back of its throat full of chlorophyll I suppose.

    Banners By Me. Level 3 Trainer: 33 KOs, 95.5 TP, 18 SP
    ______________________________________________
    Inevitably edited by Mozz : Today is a good day to molest children.

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bourne, England
    Posts
    545

    Default

    ok.. here's my output on the episode

    i have watching it all of.. hmm 3 times and this is my review

    Fierce Fighting! Jungle Battle at the Battle Palace!

    wow, this episode has it all. May, Max, Brock and Scott are located in a Hot Air Balloon watching the battle from a TV screen which the floating robot referee captures with a camera on its front.

    Shiftry i feel does not last long enough against Ash's Sceptile, Shiftry manages to combine a Double Team with a Shadow Ball to send Sceptile flying. It lands in lake at the bottom of a Waterfall. What i thought was clever here is how Shiftry uses Rock Smash to fill the lake with boulders, trying to crush Sceptile!

    But we all know Sceptile and it manages to appear up the top of the Waterfall knocking out Shiftry with a Pound and a Leaf Blade attack.

    Ash now withdraws his Sceptile and sends out his Heracross against Spensers Venusaur.. and of Heracross tried to get the pollen from the flower on Venusaur's back adding to the comedy value of the episode.

    Heracross puts up a good fight against Venusaur, it manages to get direct hits with Horn Attack and 2 Megahorns, however a very powerful Solarbeam knocks out Heracross, contrary to everyone's belief.

    As Ash sends out Swellow to beat down Venusaur, they take a break.. a tree which Venusaur knocked into during its match with heracross contains Nanab Berries.. not Bananas which people have thought them to be.

    After the snack Ash flies swellow to the beach where the battle commences.. Venusaur however fails to use a Solarbeam due to the clouds covering the sun and Swellow uses this to its advanage knocking out Venusaur.

    Claydol is sent out now, making light work of Swellow with Rapid Spin and Hyper Beam attacks.

    Here leads us to Sceptile v Claydol, winner takes all. A thrilling fight, one of my favorite to date..

    Claydol cleverly uses Rapid Spin to spurt water at Sceptile and among other things, as im sure you know Sceptile learns Solarbeam.

    Sceptile's speed and agility give it a huge advantage in this battle which is finished off with a spectacular Solarbeam from Sceptile.


    Team Rocket, as ever play a funny part in this episode, they are following the battle throughout the forest, setting off traps, getting themselves caught in a net, shot at my spikey thorns and twigs and falling into a pit.
    they are finished off however by a psybeam from Claydol, which just misses Sceptile and Ash..

    Overall this episode is not too bad, i am glad to see the return of Heracross however for the Battle Tower Ash does have a lot of better Pokemon he could use.

    I give this episode a steady 8.5/10

    ~grem D:
    SS Friend Code: 2880 5003 2030
    Message me for trades and whatnot

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,949

    Default

    Both 19, both live in the UK, both love fried Combusken?!

    What is this, Gravy's long lost twin brother?

  4. #129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    Why do I think we're going to see a new pattern in glowing body parts with new attacks? Solar Beam has Sceptile's balls glowing, and Combusken's Mega Kick has its legs and head feathers glowing.
    Sorry, couldn't help laughing at that, even though I know what you mean xD

    You have a point, though, ChaosMage. It seems to be a new trend with new moves. Then again, Eevee learned Shadow Ball without the extra effects, so meh. Maybe it's an Ash exclusive thing =/

    ~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:


    Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.


    Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.


    Ficubes made by me.


    Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,885

    Default

    I'm surprised there haven't been any complaints by Sushi or anyone on the usage of Battle Frontier during the episode (it played when Jukain was using Solar Beam). It was entering the realm of being overused, but I guess that's come to pass since we haven't heard it in an episode since.... what? Donphan's evolution? It's like the thing got replaced by Symphonic Medley for a short while. Not that I'm complaining, BF is still one kickass song (and thank god it wasn't Medley again).

    You know, I really loved the cloudey scenary for this episode. Aside from the fact that cloudy skies aren't seen very often in the anime (usually just for plot convenience, like the Fuu & Ran gym battle, the somewhat recent Elekid episode, or even this episode), they just looked very nice this time around.

    Man, Solar Beam's pretty spiffy on Jukain. At first, I agreed with Gravy that it didn't match his fighting style, but I guess that fear came to pass when Satoshi commanded him to dodge while charging, doing so successfully, and then unleashing a damn powerful-looking beam, slightly different in design from Gonbe's version. Overall, not so bad in the end. And how about Oosubame's battle? Interesting how the tides have turned.... over the years, Satoshi has went up against Double Teamers, and one particular strategy that he used was having his Fushigidane go around and hit all of them with Vine Whip (actually, this strategy may've come up several times, with different Pokemon using different projectiles, but I can't remember). Now, he's using a Double Teamer himself, a Fushigibana uses that same strategy, but instead of subcoming to the attack, Oosubame just flies around the vine and delivers a blow. Gotta love the little speed-demon ^^. Whoever suggested him getting boxed is friggin nuts, I say. Oh, and he's not all Aerial Ace. He uses Peck from time to time (but I am baffled as to where the hell Wing Attack went).

    I share everyone's sentiments on Heracross. At least he put up a good fight, and we got him return along with that nectar-sucking habit of his.

    Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

    I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

  6. #131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torched_Chicken
    ok.. here's my output on the episode

    i have watching it all of.. hmm 3 times and this is my review

    Fierce Fighting! Jungle Battle at the Battle Palace!

    wow, this episode has it all. May, Max, Brock and Scott are located in a Hot Air Balloon watching the battle from a TV screen which the floating robot referee captures with a camera on its front.

    Shiftry i feel does not last long enough against Ash's Sceptile, Shiftry manages to combine a Double Team with a Shadow Ball to send Sceptile flying. It lands in lake at the bottom of a Waterfall. What i thought was clever here is how Shiftry uses Rock Smash to fill the lake with boulders, trying to crush Sceptile!

    But we all know Sceptile and it manages to appear up the top of the Waterfall knocking out Shiftry with a Pound and a Leaf Blade attack.

    Ash now withdraws his Sceptile and sends out his Heracross against Spensers Venusaur.. and of Heracross tried to get the pollen from the flower on Venusaur's back adding to the comedy value of the episode.

    Heracross puts up a good fight against Venusaur, it manages to get direct hits with Horn Attack and 2 Megahorns, however a very powerful Solarbeam knocks out Heracross, contrary to everyone's belief.

    As Ash sends out Swellow to beat down Venusaur, they take a break.. a tree which Venusaur knocked into during its match with heracross contains Nanab Berries.. not Bananas which people have thought them to be.

    After the snack Ash flies swellow to the beach where the battle commences.. Venusaur however fails to use a Solarbeam due to the clouds covering the sun and Swellow uses this to its advanage knocking out Venusaur.

    Claydol is sent out now, making light work of Swellow with Rapid Spin and Hyper Beam attacks.

    Here leads us to Sceptile v Claydol, winner takes all. A thrilling fight, one of my favorite to date..

    Claydol cleverly uses Rapid Spin to spurt water at Sceptile and among other things, as im sure you know Sceptile learns Solarbeam.

    Sceptile's speed and agility give it a huge advantage in this battle which is finished off with a spectacular Solarbeam from Sceptile.


    Team Rocket, as ever play a funny part in this episode, they are following the battle throughout the forest, setting off traps, getting themselves caught in a net, shot at my spikey thorns and twigs and falling into a pit.
    they are finished off however by a psybeam from Claydol, which just misses Sceptile and Ash..

    Overall this episode is not too bad, i am glad to see the return of Heracross however for the Battle Tower Ash does have a lot of better Pokemon he could use.

    I give this episode a steady 8.5/10

    ~grem D:

    Is that you Gravy? Have you become a mod?

    Anyway, does Ash say anything about Heracross at the end?

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bourne, England
    Posts
    545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    Is that you Gravy? Have you become a mod?

    Anyway, does Ash say anything about Heracross at the end?
    wtf D:

    im grem D: not Gravy.. andno he doesnt say anything about Heracross at the end. i think with heracross it's going to be the sameas what happened with Snorlax it will be sent back and we wont see it again

    ~grem
    SS Friend Code: 2880 5003 2030
    Message me for trades and whatnot

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    Man, Solar Beam's pretty spiffy on Jukain. At first, I agreed with Gravy that it didn't match his fighting style, but I guess that fear came to pass when Satoshi commanded him to dodge while charging, doing so successfully, and then unleashing a damn powerful-looking beam, slightly different in design from Gonbe's version. Overall, not so bad in the end.
    like i said earlier the writers can find ways to incorperate moves into a pokemons fighting style, though i still can't understand why some people are still complaining about it so much, and i gotta say that Sceptile using it is way better than Bulbasaur could ever hope to be.


    And how about Oosubame's battle? Interesting how the tides have turned.... over the years, Satoshi has went up against Double Teamers, and one particular strategy that he used was having his Fushigidane go around and hit all of them with Vine Whip (actually, this strategy may've come up several times, with different Pokemon using different projectiles, but I can't remember). Now, he's using a Double Teamer himself, a Fushigibana uses that same strategy, but instead of subcoming to the attack, Oosubame just flies around the vine and delivers a blow. Gotta love the little speed-demon ^^. Whoever suggested him getting boxed is friggin nuts, I say. Oh, and he's not all Aerial Ace. He uses Peck from time to time (but I am baffled as to where the hell Wing Attack went).
    I'm willing to put money down that even if the vines hit, Swellow would've just shrugged it off and still won, he is a juggernaut after all, as for Wing Attack, maybe Ash doesn't want to use it ever agian after what happened in the winona battle, but that's just my opinion.


    I share everyone's sentiments on Heracross. At least he put up a good fight, and we got him return along with that nectar-sucking habit of his.
    i will admit he should've picked up a win but this just goes to show the writers didn't want the "reserves are always gonna win theroy." to make the battle facility matches predictable when a reserve is used.

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, Ihng-Land
    Posts
    5,298

    Default

    Personally, I think this was the best Frontier concept to date. It may not match the game's idea fully, but watching the pokémon having to adapt to different environments was quite inspired.
    Claydol using the sand and surf in tandem with it's Rapid Spin, or Ash leading Venusaur to a wide open area to take full advantage of Swellow's speed and power attacks for example. It's quite a shame that they haven't done anything like this for past battles.

    The animation wasn't the best, but I found a lot of the maneuvers to be really impressive. For example, Shiftry and Sceptile sprinting alongside each other and bounding off trees to increase their speed. Y'know, I had to smile when I saw Sceptile running through the forest on Scott's monitor. There's still a Grovyle in there, thats for sure.
    Swellow too had some nice examples of agility going on, but then again, Swellow has never, NEVER failed to impress. Someone needs to make an animation of it weaving in and out of Venusaur's Vine Whip onslaught through the forest. The was sheer brilliance. As was it's Double team useage. It's like the guy didn't even have to try to avoid the oncoming attacks. Sweeped across that one Vine whip with ease before delivering a heavy blow. Great stuff.

    Its still rather irritating that Heracross had to take a fall, but (not to sound like a broken record) it put put up a fairly good fight, so thankfully it wasn't too bad.
    Though I would like to say that, whilst watching Heracross batttle, it became clear that the poor guy is in dire need of an additional move or two. All it was doing for the entire match was repeatedly hitting it's opponent with its horn, bar a single tackle attack. Now, I'm not one of those few that think there's a possibility of him sticking around after this battle, but if he does, it would certainly be a good idea to give him something new to toy with.
    I was also surprised to see that Ash didn't order Heracross use said horn to lift Venusaur into the air and throw it, which is what the species is known for.

    I'm still not impressed with Solarbeam. I've seen it far too many times before to actually give a damn and seeing it used once after Sceptile took a severe beating isn't enough to convince me otherwise. I'll give it a chance, but...yeah. I still stand by what I've been saying for so long.
    But I can't deny the battle against Claydol was fun to watch.

    And what the hell was up with Spenser trying to bury Sceptile under the waterfall with a ton of boulders? That seemed like an unnesessarily risky move. I mean geez, if Sceptile hadn't have managed to avoid them, he would have most certainly drowned down there.

    But on a lighter note. Shiftry's voice ftw. You can always get a laugh out of it.
    'DAAAaaaaAAAAaa!'
    Last edited by Gravy; 19th February 2006 at 5:17 PM.

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bollywood
    Posts
    1,132

    Default

    Wow this episode was pretty awsome. I guess my favourite battles in this saga would have to be the Battle Dome and Palace. I never saw a Claydol before so this was a treat for me. It's voice kinda freaked me out. I think Claydol is pretty awsome with all those explosions it has with it.

    Heracross did pretty and I really liked the ending scene with it. I'm not quite used to Swellow yet but when it avoided Vensaurs vines that was pretty cool. I also liked watching it eat the berry.

    Ahh yes, Sceptile. He put up an amzing fight with Claydol. I hope we see more Claydols cause that guys a blast. I guess the balls on Sceptiles back got him somwhere but I'm still a bit sketchy on them. A great episode overall for me.

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ares Vallis
    Posts
    5,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    But on a lighter note. Shiftry's voice ftw. You can always get a laugh out of it.
    'DAAAaaaaAAAAaa!'
    I didn't even notice that the first time around. It sounded like Homer Simpson when it was using double team. lmao XD
    Last edited by Heracross; 19th February 2006 at 6:38 PM.
    ~

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    I didn't even notice that the first time around. It sounded like Homer Simpson when it was using double team. lmao XD
    LOL I had the exact same thought

    Doh DOh Doh DoH DOh Doh DOh Doh!

    ya good stuff...

    That scene of Swellow dodging the Vine Whips right before the beach was superb, I concur we need an animation of that XD

    as for swellow's wing attack... it's in the same place as Donphan's Hidden Power

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    New Jersey/New York City
    Posts
    1,063

    Default

    Man that Claydol sounded scary. "Nen.... NEN!!!"

    This was my favorite Frontier Brain match. This battle made me wish Glalie was still around though, he would've totally stomped *** here.

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wherever the hottie May is!
    Posts
    179

    Default Fierce Fighting! Jungle Battle at the Battle Palace!!

    Maybe it'll come back next time along with Cyndaquil (not confirmed)
    Last edited by Poké_Master; 23rd February 2006 at 2:47 AM.

    Credit to V Faction

    Visit my Site!

    http://www.auraguardians.net/

    NOTE: The site is not up yet so the link will not work.

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Location: Location:
    Posts
    656

    Default

    In my opinion that was the best battle episode I've ever seen. From when Sceptile jumps up from the waterfall and K.O's Sihftry to the awesome bit when he learns solarbeam and owns the Claydol. The music went in at the best times and it totally owns the previous battle eps. Though when it was Heracross v Venesaur, that wasn't all that exciting.

    The animation wasn't the bets as Gravy said, but they do make great use of the environment. And it was awesome with Swellow evading the vinewhips, lovely animation going on there. Swellows agility was awesome avoiding, but because Venusaur isn't exactly the speedy type it didn't do much to dodge. An awesome bit was when Sceptile was flung out of the tornado from Claydol, it tries to stand up and it's looking all evil with water/thunder and awesome music playing. One of the best Kanto (AG)eps so far.
    Last edited by skarmachild; 3rd March 2006 at 4:20 PM.



    End of post.

  16. #141
    Sceptile Warrior Guest

    Default

    I would have preffered if Sceptile learned a different move than solar beam but other than that it was a good episode.

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Me 2 but what other grass move could he learn?

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Who's Asking?
    Posts
    8,888

    Default

    Cut? Solarbeam was a good move for it to learn
    Alpha Sapphire


    Omega Ruby


  19. #144
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Noo Yawk
    Posts
    4,558

    Default

    Solar Beam is cool looking on Sceptile. I'm glad he learned it after all.

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Is it just me or was the Sceptile vs Claydol battle a tad boring? I preferred Sceptile's battle with Shiftry to this. In a Grovyle/Sceptile battle, no leaft blade = no fun. Which is why I also disliked Grovyle vs Metagross in the Hoenn league.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blazken
    Me 2 but what other grass move could he learn?
    Hmm... not much. Abosrb/Giga drain would look too violent and therefore wouldn't be shown in the anime. Leech seed was an option, but I prefer Solarbeam.
    MY BELIEFS
    - Globalization is a force for good. Saying that it is cultural imperialism is pure exaggeration. And yes, globalization does help poor and developing countries.
    - The Japanese prime minister should stop visiting the Yasukuni Shrine NOW.
    - Multinational corporations are heavily underrated. They truly deserve more love.
    - There is no god.

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    32

    Default

    HoennMaster
    Soul Trainer
    Join Date: Jun 2005
    Location: Battle Pike




    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Cut? Solarbeam was a good move for it to learn

    But cut would look the same as leaf Blad

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, Ihng-Land
    Posts
    5,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Flat World
    Is it just me or was the Sceptile vs Claydol battle a tad boring? I preferred Sceptile's battle with Shiftry to this. In a Grovyle/Sceptile battle, no leaft blade = no fun. Which is why I also disliked Grovyle vs Metagross in the Hoenn league.
    It wouldn't have been able to use Leaf Blade anyway. Claydol would have simply teleported out of harm's way, rendering Sceptile's speed and melee attacks worthless.
    The battle itself was good regardless however. Claydol proved itself to be a major obstacle and produced some decent move combinations throughout.

    Hmm... not much. Abosrb/Giga drain would look too violent and therefore wouldn't be shown in the anime. Leech seed was an option, but I prefer Solarbeam.
    I don't see how. It's not like either move has to involve a bite or a wound to inflict damage. They could simply have the pokémon latch onto the opponent and absorb their energy via hands or vines.

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    I really like this episode. It was cool that Sceptile regains its old moves. And Ash is facing off against the Battle Palace leader, Spenser. I know that Ash's Sceptile learns a new attack, Solarbeam.
    This is the battle Ash's Pokemons won or lost:
    Sceptile VS Shiftry: Sceptile wins
    Heracross VS Venusaur: Venusaur wins
    Venusaur VS Swellow: Swellow wins
    Swellow VS Claydol: Claydol wins
    Claydol VS Sceptile: Sceptile wins

    And Ash won the battle and gets a Skill Symbol.


    Credits to Arceus Master and Aragornbird of Arkeis.com for my banner, the image
    |My Pokemon games I have now: FireRed, Emerald and Diamond|
    |My 4 top favourite Pokemon characters: Ash, Pikachu, May and Hikari|
    |Bishie: Flareon from Pokemon| Cartoon Bishie: Scooby-Doo|


  24. #149
    lightspeed Guest

    Default

    I love this episode, Sceptile was awesome, it did really well in the battles. The battle between Sceptile and Claydol was amazing, especially when Sceptile used solarbeam, its solarbeam was really powerful. This episode is one of my favourite episodes.

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,410

    Default

    It was good to see Heracross back in action even though he lost.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •