Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Ka-Boom With A View! (441)

But I prefer to see Kanto Starter Venusaur vs Houen Starter Sceptile . Now that would be an awesome battle , cause we have seen Kanto Starter Charizard against Houen Starter Blaziken . A fight between Venusaur and Sceptile would be pretty much like Strength vs Speed

Heracross did put up a good fight against Venasaur.But it took a direct hit Solarbeam right in front of it.Considering a move that strong hit it that hard any pokemon could get ko'ed.Ash's Sceptile learning Solarbeam wasn't a surprise to me.A strong pokemon like Sceptile learning a powerful move like solarbeam is perfect.it may not suit its style but who cares.I would like to see Heracross battle again in later battles.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Just saw this episode in the US. This episode was great. Jimero was weird. The running around during the battle was cool. It was cool to see Ash's Heracross again as well as seeing a Megahorn attack. All the pokemon in the battle were great. It was cool to see Sceptile learn Solarbeam. It was funny to see TR fall for all those traps.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

rather good episode i loved the sound effects at some points especially when Claydol went flying after being solarbeamed

Just saw it, wow!, It was great, I liked how Ash's Heracross knew Megahorn and rammed it into Venusaur, and Sceptile pwned Claydol with Solarbeam

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Okay...what was up with that calm piece of BGM that played when Sceptile was charging Solar Beam? I know Battle Frontier played in the Japanese version during that scene, so I expected the dub to use something energetic to replace it, like Advance Adventure. But this was like a slow piece, which I felt was really inapporpriate. About half of the rest of the music was kept, if I recall correctly.

For the record, I only keep the best of the best episodes on my computer, and this is one of them. (To show how high my standards are, I only have 10 from the entirety of BF, and one from DP.)
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Let me guess... that D/P episode would be Pochama Hangs On!, correct?

Anyways, damn good episode.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky~40 View Post
    Let me guess... that D/P episode would be Pochama Hangs On!, correct?
    Actually, it's the Greggle episode. I've already replayed the ending five times today.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I liked this match. The running around and action in the forest made for a nice battle. One of the best Frontier Brain battles... BF is sure looking good...

I guess I'll check the repeat whenever it's on.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

Repeat on Saturday morning.

Good, saw it last night so I don't have to tape a damn thing while I'm at work today. Anyways, it was a pretty good episode. And a pretty good battle. It was something very...unpredictable. Something I haven't seen since the good old times of the Orange Islands (nuts to all of you who hate the Orange Islands). Heracross's return! SPLEE! But then got knocked out! UGH/Oy Vey!

And that's about it.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

I thought this episode was quite good. The effects of them running through the jungle was nice. I loved the glorious return of Pound. No, seriously. All Ash ever calls for is Leaf Blade, Bullet Seed, and Quick Attack. It's nice to see an old move back. Also, it might have been my imagination, but did Ash say "I got me a Spirit Symbol" at the end?
    Coming soon...

Banner: Made by Azure Wolf

Yes he did! I loved the sandstorm attack from claydol!
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

This was actually the best frontier battle yet on the series. It was entertaining to watch, and the Pokemon use the whole island to battle on which made a nice touch on the battle. Spenser reminds me of Siddhartha from a book I read a year ago, it was a simliar vision I had of him.

And to add on, the voices were really great which made this episode better.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, this battle would have been much better if Heracross took something out before fainting. I'm so damn sick of Swellow.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

Way to completely make one of Ash's best Johto Pokémon look like a pansy, anime producers. Way. To. Go.

Credit to Mimiori Kiryu for the SONVA banner.

I claimed Midna as my bishie in the bishie thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    I said it before, and I'll say it again, this battle would have been much better if Heracross took something out before fainting. I'm so damn sick of Swellow.
    I like Swellow a lot, but I do have to agree. Regardless of how cool Swellow's win was, it has been awesome in its run, and will continue to be awesome until it leaves. Heracross appears only every now and then, sadly, so this should've been its chance to prove that it's still good ._.

?*V Tsun*?
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Best battle ever! Everyones VA's were excellent use to all of them. The worst thing was Heracrosses moveset:
    Pound
    Horn Attack
    Tackle
    Megahorn

Sheesh...
    [IMG]http://i14.*******.com/44lsfab.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://i13.*******.com/4i1mpfl.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i13.*******.com/3483dqs.png[/IMG]

Spoiler:- friends:

PM me to be friends

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    gotta admit though it's your and everyone elses fault for constantly saying "Venusaur is gonna own Swellow, then lose to Heracross" when in fact the opposite happened

Haha, people are complaining about Sceptile learning Solarbeam in the earlier posts of this thread when this ep came out in Japan.

Wow, looking back, it goes to show you how stupid some of the things were that we complained about. Sceptile used Solarbeam, what, like two more times after this episode before it was Oak'd? Honestly, who gives a damn.

It really was a great battle. And I think this would be a good episode to show off the "realistic" battles we see in the show as opposed to the math-based ones in the games, and how many factors can come into play when you're dealing with many other things than just numbers and types.

This episode also reinforced the fact that Sceptile is Ash's most badass Pokemon EVER. I even liked the job they did with its dub voice, it had almost as much growling as the Japanese version.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    This episode also reinforced the fact that Sceptile is Ash's most badass Pokemon EVER.
    Never mess with the banchou type Pokémon. I wonder if Corphish ever called him 'aniki' in Poké-speak...XD

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    gotta admit though it's your and everyone elses fault for constantly saying "Venusaur is gonna own Swellow, then lose to Heracross" when in fact the opposite happened
    If I remember correctly, no one knew Ash used Heracross until Zorajolteon said so. I believe we were also told at the time that it lost to Venusaur. If only the little darling remembered its Scope Lens. lol
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast