Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Discussion Topic: Layouts

Wait were you being sarcastic or something?

*browses over topic list* I see no cool posts.
    It's my site, fear it.

Less than %.001 of all people on Serebii are named AgentChronon. If you are one of that %.001 percent, copy and paste this into your sig (started by AgentChronon)

Buoysel= awesome. It will always be that way. Forever. If you think you are a bigger Buoysel fan than me, PM me and I will correct you.

You're using SSI,so explain,how exactly does it make it easier to edit then other non-3 column layouts?

It doesn't. I guess. I don't see how SSI is harder to use than PHP I always keep it at the very top and very bottom so yeah.

Incidenty, freewebs supports SSI and not PHP. Weird.
    It's my site, fear it.

Less than %.001 of all people on Serebii are named AgentChronon. If you are one of that %.001 percent, copy and paste this into your sig (started by AgentChronon)

Buoysel= awesome. It will always be that way. Forever. If you think you are a bigger Buoysel fan than me, PM me and I will correct you.

I didn't say SSI was harder then PHP. PHP is HARDER then SSI is. Freewebs is a bad host for not supporting the good old programming languages. It's only good for real small or personal websites. Serious website? No.

Wait... but if PHP is harder than SSI why is freewebs bad? I am really confused.

I do not see why freewebs is only good for small sites it is really cool!!!!
    It's my site, fear it.

50 file limit for free accounts. It's bad,I have more then 50 pages on my site.

Somehow I don't know how but when I got to 50 files I could still make more... don't ask me why. Maybe it's because I was in HTML.
    It's my site, fear it.

Wether in HTML or Easy Mode they don't allow more then 50 files. Although,I might be wrong in assuming the HTML files count.

Yeah I think you are. I thought I would have to pay ten bucks but no I didn't.
    It's my site, fear it.

10 bucks for just 200 MB is bad. I can pay less and get a lot more then that.

Hmm I have a fairly large site and I have only used 35 kb I think
    It's my site, fear it.

You can get 250MB of space completely free at byethost.com. It would be completely illogical to waste a perfectly good $10 on that stupid hosting plan.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentChronon
    Hmm I have a fairly large site and I have only used 35 kb I think
    And on my site, a PHP script takes up 31 kB, meaning that you somehow squeezed a whole site, images and documents, into roughly the same space that my xml-parser class takes up.
    Last edited by Magma Leader Maxie; 27th July 2006 at 8:26 AM.

[PI Forums|Magma HQ|Kikkoman!]
    Teal'c: Are you considering the same tactic as I?
    O'Neill: Teal'c, the cliché is "are you thinking what I'm thinking". And the answer is "yes".

Yeah I don't know how.
    It's my site, fear it.

Magma Leader: I've never seen your site though,can I see it? 41 MB isn't a lot,freewebs deserves a bad reputation for giving such bad hosting plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltzer
    41 MB isn't a lot,freewebs deserves a bad reputation for giving such bad hosting plans.
    Yet there still are enthusiasts that openly lie into your face and claim that freewebs is t3h ult1mte host. I just don't understand it.

My site isn't finished to the level I would like, so I'm not advertising it in any way. The URI is http://www.magma.byethost.com, view it only with Firefox.

[PI Forums|Magma HQ|Kikkoman!]
    Teal'c: Are you considering the same tactic as I?
    O'Neill: Teal'c, the cliché is "are you thinking what I'm thinking". And the answer is "yes".

Nice website. I disagree with anybody saying freewebs is a good host. addyour offers way better hosting plans. 500 MB of free disk space,php and mysql. I still cannot see how exactly people can survive with freewebs though. >_>

I have had no problem with freewebs, I don't see any problem coming up, it's easy to use, etc. So I am not switching anytime soon
    It's my site, fear it.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentChronon
    standard Breloom Woods layout on Jetx's site.
    T'ank you. One of the only ones I made myself. I've got a layout pretty similar on the new main website I am constructing (the same one I've been doing for months...).

Anyways, I use SSI to support my navbars and footer.
    nostalgia

Well I only like it because it's green... Actually it's pretty nice looking. It reminds me of one I almost used for my site on the IF skinzone called Green Apple or something.
    It's my site, fear it.

Just one problem,the layout for the main site of breloom woods is a pre-made layout for freewebs. <<

Quote Originally Posted by Faltzer
    Just one problem,the layout for the main site of breloom woods is a pre-made layout for freewebs. <<
    Look at the first sentence in my sig >_> Then you'd realise that that site is no longer important to me and is therefore being scrapped and replaced.

AC was talking about the green layout on my forums anyway.
    nostalgia

the layout for the main site of breloom woods is a pre-made layout for freewebs.
    Thanks for not reading my posts correctly before jumping on saying I didn't read the first sentence,because I DID read it. And it's no excuse for using a pre-made layout for freewebs. I wasn't talking about your forum,which I'll add,isn't that good at all.
    Last edited by Faltzer; 29th July 2006 at 8:22 PM.

HIS FORUM IS COOL!!!!!

Really your site isn't any better I found out how to get to his main site and it really really good so far. I think I will ask him to affiliate when it is put up.

Oh and you don't have to yell at him for thinking there was a misunderstanding.

EDIT: His forum has 100 members... yours has 27. His is better...
    It's my site, fear it.

Mine is only starting out,it's only been started this month and I gained 25 in only one month. Today I got 3 new members,making it 27,so don't count your sheep yet.
    Last edited by Faltzer; 30th July 2006 at 12:41 AM.

Yeah I know. Eventually I bet your forum will be awesome. But now? Now Jetx's is better. <
    It's my site, fear it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast