Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AG 168: Decisive Game! May VS Brock!!

Shadowcat Guest

Default AG 168: Decisive Game! May VS Brock!!

All righty... A discussion thread by Sapphire again.... Yes... I haven't been here recently, as nothing seemed to be interesting till I saw the next three epi titles...

From the looks of it... Takeshi will fight against Haruka of course... lol... And since the epi airs in two weeks and two days time... We must as well have the thread to start talking about our random, crazy ideas we have on this epi with only its title up...

Now... Most people have already assumed this and discussed about this in the Title Thread, but I'm just going to mention this... Brock may just be competing just because the person he likes/has a crush on thinks he'll fair well in Contests and so on and stuff... According to one of the ideas I saw in the title thread...

jynx Guest

the title reminds me of that time they were fighting each other for Togepi...

According to loads of different sites, Brock's Bonsly is up against May's Eevee, and he's competing not because a breeder said Bonsly was good, but because he has a mega crush on the breeder, Yuki. Maybe May wins and she congratulates may and ignores Brock.
    Used to be Absolkid, -Absol-, Former Absolkid and Cipher Admin Absolkid!

I had an argument on Bulbagarden awhile ago about why May would win, and then I got attacked by all the rabid Misty/Brock/anti-May fans about how May sucks and that she'll lose because Brock has much more experience.

Man, I'd so love to have a great piece of canon evidence to prove them wrong.

In the end, I'm expecting Eevee to Shadow Ball that tree to a crisp. I already think it's plain as day that the writers will have May win, but I guess some people think that Brock will kick her off the show, steal her role, and start doing Contests himself in the future.

::laughs::
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 21st February 2006 at 5:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~xXSapphireXx~
    All righty... A discussion thread by Sapphire again.... Yes... I haven't been here recently, as nothing seemed to be interesting till I saw the next three epi titles...
    Does that mean you thought the Sceptile episodes were unintersting?
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Geki Guest

I think Brock will win if they do battle. He has three good Pokemon, and May does as well, but Brock has more experience.

www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=105811 Take the discussion here....Anyway i root for Brock because Bonsly > Eevee.
    Last edited by Kabuto; 21st February 2006 at 6:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geki
    I think Brock will win if they do battle. He has three good Pokemon, and May does as well, but Brock has more experience.
    We've seen trainers without the upper hand in experience take victory in the anime before, Brock's longer history as a pokemon trainer probably won't help him against May (not if the writers have anything to say about it).
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Reminds me of Wakana, a rookie coordinator who almost beat May and Combusken with her Vibrava.

Or rather, May beating Grace and her Medicham, when Grace had 3 ribbons and May didn't have a single win at the time.

I wish Brock would win. He deserves it, and I'm so tired of him being shunted into the background. But the odds are stacked against him, sadly.
    Fic plugs: Taking a Chance (multi-chaptered, Contestshipping/Pokeshipping)
    Firelight (Christmas oneshot, Contestshipping)

I adopted Drew Plushie from Ama's Collection

^ Adopted by moi. Innit CUUUTE?

Brock's fate is already set in stone. Notice how Bonsly is always in Brock's arms? As soon as the D/P region is done with (If not the BF) Brock will leave taking his Bonsly with him. Only to return to send off the little angel to parts unknown. It's no longer about Brock, It's all about Bonsly now. He'll suffer the same fate as Misty and become a prop to hold Bonsly. So, It doesn't hurt it's precious little feet. So, like Misty, The little amount of interesting-ness will be sucked out of Brock right in front of are eyes. Eventually leading to a new male character to come in and start a new batch of "Brock .vs. ??????" that we will have to suffer with for all eternity. Brock basically died when he caught the little tree, rock. Therefore, Brock will most likely lose. But, Will advance Bonsly by making him use solarbeam, naturally. Then the world will see how great Bonsly is and show the true evilness of the horrible hell spawn Eevee as it is the Antichrist. I'm rooting for you, you horrible hell spawn Eevee.
    Last edited by Manene!; 22nd February 2006 at 1:45 AM.

I would really like Brock to win not because I hate May or anything but just to shake things up but I doubt it will happen since I don't think the writers have time to throw in another contest loss for May but hopefully I'm wrong. I really hope that Brock does well though and should be an interesting episode no matter who wins.

To be honest I expected an episode like this would happen but I figured it would've been Ash to enter due to Drew making fun of him and wanting to show up Drew or him getting in another fight with May and showing her up. I'm sure that kind of episode will happen one day though but probably sometime in the D/P saga
    Last edited by Jikkle; 21st February 2006 at 9:03 PM.

I predict that Brock will win, but will give the newly won ribbon to May by the end of the episode... since he's a nice guy (and doesn't plan on entering more contests)

the only reason why he's entering this one in the first place was because of a hot woman.

that and the writers would really want Brock to do a "winning pose"
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

shouldnt this thread be locked? Since there is already a thread discussion.

Anyway I hope Brock wins although its most likely May's going to win. I would really like to see Brock win because he never gets spotlight and will most likely be gone next saga. Besides Bonsly is kinda cool and I'd rather see Bonsly do something important because we know were going to see Eevee do something important and be good we dont need to see that. Although knowing the writers they are somehow going to find a way around it. Whether that means getting a tie or some other interference.

FabuVinny Guest

Still going on about how Bulbagarden is so anti-AG, Cybercubed?

May will win this because she needs the contest ribbon. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by FabuVinny
    May will win this because she needs the contest ribbon. End of story.
    What, this is the last Contest in Kanto? 0_0 It's not like May can't lose here and get her Ribbon in the next one >>;; Either way, may will get all her Ribbons, so why not postpone this one and let Brock actually do something ._.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Well, Ash has 5 symbols, and one to go (in the actual journey before the pyramid) and May needs two ribbons quickly, as one of her rivals has already qualified for the GF and Harley is nearly there too. She can't afford to lose now, as she'll have another one after Ash's Battle Tower challenge before the GF. Don't hate me, just accept that that's the formula the show works by.

But there's no saying Brock can't just give her his ribbon... or maybe it'll be a tie!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

The only reason I want Brock to win is so he can show the audience that he is still a great trainer. I mean, look at this forum alone. Everyone always says that Brock should leave the group because he doesn't do anything anymore and that he's gotten stale. If he wins, that might get him some long-awaited respect from fans. But I have a bad hunch that he'll lose anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Commander Blizzard*~
    What, this is the last Contest in Kanto? 0_0 It's not like May can't lose here and get her Ribbon in the next one >>;; Either way, may will get all her Ribbons, so why not postpone this one and let Brock actually do something ._.
    I would love that, but all signs point to May winning this one. May has already gotten her "motivation loss" for this saga, and I can't see them giving her another one in such a short time. Plus, while May has enough time to get all five ribbons, Brock doesn't, so there would be no point in giving him one just to have.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    But there's no saying Brock can't just give her his ribbon... or maybe it'll be a tie!
    I don't think Brock will just give it to May if he wins. The writers have kind of an unwritten policy nowadays that main characters can only get a badge or a ribbon if they earn it. The don't just give things to them anymore.

But sadly, Brock isn't going to win anyway. The plot won't advance unless May gets it, so it's obvious they won't give Brock the victory. It's as simple as that.
    3DS Friend Code: 5155-3421-4718
    Friend Safari: Bug-Type (Butterfree, Volbeat, & Heracross)

Well, Ash has 5 symbols, and one to go (in the actual journey before the pyramid) and May needs two ribbons quickly, as one of her rivals has already qualified for the GF and Harley is nearly there too. She can't afford to lose now, as she'll have another one after Ash's Battle Tower challenge before the GF. Don't hate me, just accept that that's the formula the show works by.

ya know she could earn another ribbon after the tower and then after the pyramid. Last region May earned her 5th ribbon after Ash earned his 8th badge. Or May could earn two ribbons sometime afterwords as you said Ash needs two symbols. Hypothetically if the last battle to end the saga was Brandon which many believe it is(but I doubt) May could enter enough contests between now and then. It depends on the writers afterall May entered two contests inbetween pike and palace.

If Brock wins a ribbon, it'll follow the path of the heavy ball, the two fast balls, and Forretress. Just there for no reason.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

If he does win it though, I'd love to see him use it for bragging rights. Next time they see a cute filler girl, Brock could do his idiotic pick-up lines and then randomly bust out the ribbon.

"Lookie at my ribbon, be with me!"

...And then Bonsly tackles him away. That would be funny for a little while before the joke is abused for 100+ episodes.
    3DS Friend Code: 5155-3421-4718
    Friend Safari: Bug-Type (Butterfree, Volbeat, & Heracross)

... You know what would be funny? If Team Rocket interrupted their final battle and May gets the ribbon because Brock decided she deserved it more or some crap.

Yeah. I'd laugh. <_<

Seriously though, I'd like for Brock to win. He kinda needs it, but it seems pretty obvious the poor guy is going to phail. D:

I wonder. Why would brock enter if he wants May to succeed? It truly makes no sense.

To impress the girl that will air in this episode from what im hearing.

brock vs. may- i dont know, may will most likely win although i would like brock to beat her.

Oh course Brock will win they shouldn't have him battle May if he wouldn't.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast