Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon - Battle Frontier (08,09)

Default Pokémon - Battle Frontier (08,09)

The Battle Frontier!

After their travels through Hoenn, Ash, May, Brock & Max decide to travel around the region of Kanto again after Ash receives an invitation from Scott to partake in the Battle Frontier Challenge. Leaving Glalie & Torkoal at Oaks and reuniting with his old Partner Phanpy, Ash is intent on defeating the 7 Frontier Brains and earning the symbols. May, with her partners Combusken, Munchlax, Squirtle & Eevee on the otherhand, still reeling from her loss in the Grand Festival of Hoenn, decides to partake in the Pokémon Contests in Kanto, again meeting with her rivals Harley & Drew. Will Ash defeat the Brains & Will May win the Kanto Grand Festival?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Leaving Glalie & Torkoal at Oaks and reuniting with his old Partner Phanpy,
    Awww. Phanpy's so sweet. I wish that Glalie had stayed, though.
    My bishie is Grimmjow Jeagerjaques from Bleach.

PASBL
    B Grade Referee

5 symobls , yea...the battles have been truly great

i liked how they uses the last Brain Battle it was intresting.

Yea i agree i wish Glalie was still there

for some reason Torkoal so seems Johto type pokemon to me , but it's cool
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

i just hope that every episode that has jynx this season won't be banned again >_>
    You never were there....but you never were here, either...
    This the Prince Manaphy, my bishie. *hugs*
    Thanks to Coronis for the Manaphy sprite and ~*SeijisSeviper*~ for the Anti-Manaphy!

So these are like, what, saga review threads? Okay, so far I'm loving the Battle Frontier. Despite its fast pace (or maybe because of it), I'm enjoying it more than I did Johto or Hoenn put together. Ash's team is better than it ever has been, with Sceptile, Swellow, and guest appearances from his old Pokemon. May's team could use a little revising, but at least Munchlax is pretty cool now, and Eevee is a nice addition. Brock's sudden increase in screentime since this saga started excites me; it makes me think the writers have something big planned for him. His team this time around is also pretty cool; I just wish Onix or Ludicolo would return. We haven't had any Max-centered episodes yet, but the way I look at it, we're overdue, and Max episodes are always awesome. Also, I couldn't be happier about James' sudden influx of character development. We've had our share of bad episodes, but I think the good outweighs the bad. The next few episode titles have me on the dge of my seat as well. So far this saga is a big step in the right direction.
    3DS Friend Code: 5155-3421-4718
    Friend Safari: Bug-Type (Butterfree, Volbeat, & Heracross)

This saga, if it finishes well, will be the best saga ever. The pokemon have been great, and Sceptile and Donphan's short time with the gang so far has been well developed and included some great battles. The long-needed evolution of Mudkip was also a nice little change, and the team is the best it's ever been. Eevee and Munchlax have been treated well, and I eagerly await their performance in the Grand Festival, as with the ever-amazing Combusken. Old favourites like Swellow and Corphish have been fantastic too, and Team Rocket have had outstanding development, as well as the introduction of Manene, their best pokemon since Wobbuffet. We've also seen the blob, as well as Cacnea, debut in contests very successfully. And speaking o contests, characters like Wakana have been very interesting and I hope to see some return appearances, while Harley has been developed even better than Drew! The battles, both contest and frontier, have been cool, although we have seen little originality in the teams. Things can only get better, though. If the remaining battles, contests and leagues are as good as those preceeding them, we have nothing to worry about... I hope.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Even though I have always felt Advanced Generation has been the downhill plunge of the series, this season was a great parachute. The Battle Frontier people are so likeable, some awesome filler characters, 4th generation Pokemon making their debute, Hinata, the Pokemon Ranger and Eevee.
    Drew and Harley made me really get into downloading Pokemon episodes from the internet. Azami's infatuation with Brock was something you'd wish for in the old days. Misty's small return and MasumiShipping's awakening was a beautiful way to start off. And FINALLY getting an awesome Tropius episode!
    This ranks 3rd place in my region faceoff.
    I just hope the season gets better as we move along. The only regret
    No old friends from season 1 and poor Janine never got a shot in the series. Poor Janine!

At first I was displeased with how they messed up the BF, but the events that have happened have made it worthwhile in a way. Phanpy coming back, then evolving, Snorlax being used in the Battle Arena, Grovyle evolving into my favorite Pokemon, Munchlax getting owned by another of my favorites, Octillery, Manene!, crazy Drew fangirl, the salaryman, James winning something, Wobbuffet in love, Jessie being gracious in defeat (WTF?!), Lucy, the wonder that is Scott, and his hot convertible, and of course, Lucy's crush on Brock.
    Negatives include Squirtle being Uber for no good reason, Eevee, May dumping Bulbasaur and Beautifly, pointless fillers, messed up BF, only one episode for Lucy, stupid cliche love episodes, Beedrill abuse, animators too lazy to draw Misty's chest for three episodes, Chimecho leaving.
    Join the Probopass cult now, and receive a year's supply of chocolate-scented toothpicks!

Geki Guest

This has so far been a great saga, I like it as much as I did the Orange League. It has the birth of Eevee, Brock's Mudkip evolving, Ash's Phanpy and Grovyle evolving, Brock capturing a Bonsly, and James capturing a Manene so far.

So far, BF has been great. A good pace, new Pokemon, and some great stories going on. It'll be hard to give an accurate review until it concludes, however.

Hopefully Shuu gets a little more screen time as it goes on.

I think these seasons (9 and 10) are the best yet, and I'm sure I'll like them a whole lot more once the US gets them.

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

http://www.auraguardians.net/

NOTE: The site is not up yet so the link will not work.

The Battle Fronteir has been excellent so far. Great battles, and some of Ash's other Pokemon were used in the battle. The best part would probably be that Ash is now using a ground type Pokemon in his team .

At first, there was alot of fillers no doubt and a waste of Drew. But after the second symbol iwth the exception of one or two episodes the season has been filled with twist and turns that have got me hooked on pokémon more. They really pulled a rabbit out of their hat eventually.
    ................and there goes the tumbleweed.

Even though we've had some great/not that great fillers so far I think that this is the worst season so far. Kanto/Johto/Hoenn were good because we saw how Ash actually did some sort of training before he challenged a Gym Leader. But here it's all about reaching the facilities, battling the leaders and winning.
    Last edited by Dreamcoat; 11th March 2006 at 10:18 AM.
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcoat
    Kanto/Johto/Hoenn were great because we saw how Ash actually did some sort of training before he challenged a Gym Leader.
    bu... huhu... BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA XD!!! Oh god, are you serious? I know he trained in Houen, but since when did you see him do anything in Kantou and Jouto? In Jouto, the most I saw was Satoshi getting Hinoarashi to properly pull off its fire attacks in one episode, and he did a bit during the Yougiras arc. In Kantou, I don't recall him doing anything. The time between the Tokiwa gym battle and the Sekiei league seemed like nothing more than a big filler arc (the only "training" we saw was a battle between Pikachu and Takeshi's Rokon). Besides, we have been seeing Satoshi train plenty, as indicated by him working on Pikachu's Volt Tackle and the beginning of the episodes following Jukain's evolution, and some other examples. There's also been several indications that Haruka's trained with Eievui off-screen. It can be assumed that as Haruka's done this, Satoshi's probably done the same.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Yes and if you had read it the right way you'd see that I was being negative about the facilities, not the fillers. The good thing about the gym fights back then was that, most of the time, there were some sort of action before he fought them. He didn't just walk up to them and won right away.
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

There is no denying that this saga was best since OI. I loved how Squirtle owned Harley but unfortunately Harley beat her later (jk *runs from rabid Squirtle haters*). Seriously, Sceptile and Donphan are fantastic and best of all no fillers we have to sleep through.

The first eps of the BF are quite mediocre but May's Squirtle is the worst. I wished she didn't leave her Bulbasaur with Prof. Oak's lab.

We pretty much know that no matter how good the plot is going to be, season 9 and the ending of the Kanto Battle Frontier (and Pokemon itself) is going to suck balls because of those new gay voice actors. Curse the person who came up with that decision.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS.

I love ash's new voice. About time for puberty. brock voice not so much

They didn't seem so different to me...

But now I have a confirmation. >.>

If you think about it, they only have a few more years until they're fired too! So we all best just get use to the VA's lol

The new voices Ash, May, Max, Brock and Team Rocket may sound horrible, but at least PUSA was kind enough to keep the original voices for some of the Pokemon, mainly Pikachu & Wobbuffet.

This is my favourite season
    Shinies: Beast + creation trios (Gift) (In-game event) bird trio musketeer trio (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi
    UTC: +12
    Mesprit shiny hunt(on hold): 3100 SR
    Mewtwo shiny hunt: 3800 SR
    X Team: Chesnaught, Charizard, Aurorus, Tentacruel, Klefki, Malamar
    Y Team: Greninja, Venusaur, Gardevoir, Aegislash, Hawlucha, Avalugg

Man, not only is the Boring Season, but its new VA's suck eggs. Honestly, is Satoshi's VA a robot, does she/he/it feel no emotion?
    Sliver Version Typhlosion Revamp done by Shelldude1

TC Created by BLAZEQUAZA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast