Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pokémon - Battle Frontier (08,09)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu979 View Post
    I hope one day they do the Sinnoh BF
    Why would they?? Platinum was released almost 8 years ago so there'd be no point.

Quote Originally Posted by JudySpell View Post
    Why would they?? Platinum was released almost 8 years ago so there'd be no point.
    Maybe for DP remakes when gen 4 will be relevant again

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu979 View Post
    I loved the BF i think it was great to do something different. I hope one day they do the Sinnoh BF
    Eh, the Kanto BF saga was just an over-glorified Gym arc tbh. The BF facilities lacked originality, so I wouldn't want to see something like this again.

I loved the Battle Frontier arc cuz we got to see lots of Ash's old pokemon from Oak's lab battle in the facilities and even May got some attention while she did contests. Sadly Max and Brock took a backseat while this arc progressed. ^^; The Battle Pyramid episodes were my favourites from this storyarc.

I hated how the Battle Frontier was paced in terms of the Battle Pyramid mini-arc. God, watching Ash fail against Regirock and Registeel was painful and took too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    I hated how the Battle Frontier was paced in terms of the Battle Pyramid mini-arc. God, watching Ash fail against Regirock and Registeel was painful and took too long.
    I didn't mind Ash vs Brandon round one cuz Ash was possessed and didn't get to tap into Sceptile's full power, tho Ash vs Brandon round two was frustrating cuz Ash used Torkoal who was clearly no match for Registeel even with a type advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    Torkoal who was clearly no match for Registeel even with a type advantage.
    Yeah, Ash should've used something else for that battle. But the fact that Ash needed three attempts to win the Brave Symbol grinds my gears, regardless.

Yeah, Ash should've used something else for that battle. But the fact that Ash needed three attempts to win the Brave Symbol grinds my gears, regardless.
    I liked how Ash finally won with Pikachu against Regice, tho to this day I can't believe how all Ash got for defeating Noland, Greta, Tucker, Lucy, Spenser, Anabel and Brandon was a plaque ha ha. I dunno, it seemed like a letdown to me. ^^;

all Ash got for defeating Noland, Greta, Tucker, Lucy, Spenser, Anabel and Brandon was a plaque ha ha.
    Blame Ash for that mess; Scott had offered him a Frontier Brain position at the end - which would have justified all of Ash's efforts in this saga - but Ash declined...

Blame Ash for that mess; Scott had offered him a Frontier Brain position at the end - which would have justified all of Ash's efforts in this saga - but Ash declined...
    I know about that, tho even if Ash had agreed to it I wouldn't have been satisfied cuz I couldn't imagine Ash as a Frontier Brain. May winning Kanto's Grand Festival would've made more sense than that from my perspective.

May winning Kanto's Grand Festival would've made more sense than that from my perspective.
    Definitely. May winning against Solidad should have happened since I didn't see Solidad as being that strong of a Coordinator in the first place. :/

Definitely. May winning against Solidad should have happened since I didn't see Solidad as being that strong of a Coordinator in the first place. :/
    If I remember right she had known Drew for a while and even Drew called her his rival, so I always kind of figured that Solidad was tough. If May had beaten her in the tourney, I think it would've been a close match and she would've needed Blaziken.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123