Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon - Chronicles

Default Pokémon - Chronicles

Chronicles!

While Ash is travelling through Hoenn, Tracey, Misty and many of Ash's other friends have multiple adventures. Misty has to struggle with the stress of running the Cerulean Gym. Brock Returns home. Team Rocket recall their training. Richie helps protect Professor Oak, a Pokémon Center and several Legendary Pokémon. Gary continues his new dream of being a Pokémon Researcher. The Pichu Brothers have multiple problems in Big Town and Jimmy, Marina & Vincent have to protect Raikou from Team Rocket! A Busy Time indeed.

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

The dub sucks... bad. The episodes aren't too good anyway, and the series can easily manage without them.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Geki Guest

They don't really effect the series anyways ChaosMage, so it doesn't matter. I want to see these episodes really bad, but they haven't came over to the US yet. Does anyone know where I can buy Chronicles DVD's from the UK online?

I can't honestly say I enjoyed this series. It had 2 decent episodes tops, and one of those managed to screw up canon something awful, despite being a really enjoyable watch. The other episode, besides the blatant MILF factor, gave us a rare peek at how great a character Brock can be, without resorting to the rinse and repeat infatuation gags.
    Everything else was just flat-out boring. Misty got some decent character development out of it all perhaps, but it wasn't particulary outstanding. Watching whole episodes about the Magical Adventures of a Kid Called Richie and a bunch of pre-evolved pokémon with zero personallity weren't exactly my cup of tea either. I also didn't care for the deterioration of Butch and Cassidy. Everything else was essentially the equivelent of a mediocre Johto filler episode.

The artwork was real purdy though, I'll give it that much.
    Last edited by Gravy; 23rd February 2006 at 6:08 PM.

MaskedManAbsolkid is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

IMO it would have been more enjoyable if the main series team had done this. Not only would the quality have increased, Americans would be able to watch them too. The original team make their own openings, the people who did this took music from the Johto Pokerap, got a few scenes from the eps and glued them together.

The Pichu Bros and Millenium Town should have stayed in Pokemon Channel and Movie 3.

The Raikou special was ruined too.
    Used to be Absolkid, -Absol-, Former Absolkid and Cipher Admin Absolkid!

While some of the episodes were poorly dubbed, I actually liked the episodes just not the dubbing. I mean the Luvdisc episode, the Oak episode, all those Butch and Cassidy moments were great (as well as some other episodes I just can't be bothered to list them all). I mean apart from 'punching type', and calling Butch Buffy and other mistakes they weren't actually that bad. The Pichu Brothers were actually quite good episodes and the Meowth away from Team Rocket ones were to, it just never says why he wasn't with them >_>

Overal I liked the series, it gave charcters who left Ash and co. to get another appearence of two (Sakura, Richie, Gary and Casey also Delia, Oak and Tracey ect)

Just the dubbing really.

Quote Originally Posted by Geki
    Does anyone know where I can buy Chronicles DVD's from the UK online?
    Amazon.co.uk has the first 3 and Play.com has all 4 DVDs. I'm not sure if they ship though, you'd have to check.

I mean apart from 'punching type', and calling Butch Buffy and other mistakes they weren't actually that bad.
    When was Punching Type mentioned? And are you saying butch's names were a mistake? They were meant to be there, or are you talking about something else.

And it did say why Meowth was in Millenium Town; it was his vacation.

There was also the Eevee mistake, and I think that in the same episode, the disease was actually called Pokerusu (the japanese name)

Quote Originally Posted by Former Absolkid
    When was Punching Type mentioned? And are you saying butch's names were a mistake? They were meant to be there, or are you talking about something else.
    The punching type was in first Misty episode. I know Butch's names are meant to be a mistake, but Buffy thats going way to far, even for a Butch name mistake, you know?

Oh, I see now, but there were names worse than that.

The series could survive without it, but its nice to know whats going on

The Raikou special is the only episode that I didn't like because of useless characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy
    The Raikou special is the only episode that I didn't like because of useless characters.
    God forbid the show changes focus onto different characters. e_e

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

I like it. I like how the main character is not Ash for once.....

I love how people complain about how Ash is stale, and then complain about irrelevant characters... I enjoyed some of the series, but the pokemon only episodes were horrible in my opinion. I enjoyed the first ones based on jimmy and Marina, and also some of the ones on Richy.
    Pokemon Y Shiny Captures
    Horde Battle: MM:
    Friend Safari:

I like the Pichu bothers one but TO MUCH MISTY!!!!! >=<

The legend of thunder was by far the worst and most pointless one.

I loved the Pichu Bros. actually remaining in canon, and hey, anything with Misty in it I'll watch!
    Name: ASH
    PEARL FRIEND CODE: 4811 3806 8597

I am one of the 3 leaders of the Riolu For Ash Club alongside Dax, and Shadowdragon16. PM or e-mail me to join!

The only one I enjoyed was The Legend of Thunder.The rest were meh...
    [IMG]http://i13.*******.com/47lo29z.png[/IMG]
    Credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the awsome banner!

~Bishie~Mafia~Song~Friends

I loved most of the Chronicles, as it showed us what Richie has been doing while Ash has been trying to get closer to his goal.

I loved The Legend of Thunder episodes, it was a good storyline to it as well. And the return of that guy in the purple costume was pretty cool.

Hopefully they are making a volume two of the Pokémon Chronicles. Great filler series.
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

I'm glad Tracey got a few specials, that's one of the best few things about these specials.

I liked chronicles as you got to see some other characters
    HeartGold

You know I really enjoyed it, besides the male Pokedex holder, and the fact that Silver wasn't in it at all "except the opening", also the I liked how Raikou had a significant role in the first few episodes.

They should make more of these to show us what the others get up to like misty and tracey

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Most of those episodes were interesting. It was nice seeing what are Misty, Ritchie, Oak and others doing, not only Ash, Ash, Ash... I am glad we saw Jimmy and Marina, too...

Special topics are so Generation 3. Pokemon Chronicles ended a few years ago. I think Generation 3 or Generation Advance is the most widely known and the best selling generation in all 4 generations. There would not be a Generation 5. Because absolutely nothing is known to the 2012 generation.
    December 21, 2012 is the day that Planet Earth dies.
    Visit my dA page RHODOL1TE
    I've been a member since 2010. I predominately focus on Happy Tree Friends and Pokemon, but I've been recently into Five Nights at Freddy's lately.

I didn't like most 3rd Gen episodes. The older Chronicle episodes were better.

Most were unnecessary, as if we really care about Tracey or Richie at this point.

A waste of space I think :/ 4/10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast