Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: King & Queen For A Day! (442)

Freaky episode, no comment until I see it in English, for the same reasons as Cybercubed.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Blaziken master Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Judai Yuki
    What did Manene do to make everyone start dancing i was confused.
    Manene was using teeter dance to make everyone dance, which is funny because everyone is dancing to polka o dolka in the background!

Manene was using teeter dance to make everyone dance, which is funny because everyone is dancing to polka o dolka in the background!
    Teeter dance looks different in another episode and also teeter dance causes the pokemon to be confused. http://www.filb.de/content/anime/ag162/110.jpg Manene used a psychic attack and looked a little different than psychic. I believe it somehow controlled them to dance with them if you look at the facial expressions in this pic. http://www.filb.de/content/anime/ag165/344.jpg
    The writers do make psychic have other powers such as the pokemon controlling the other one.

Decent episode. It was nothing great, but it was sort of entertaining. Its alright to have one like this every so often.

Just to clear some things up:

There were two Manene and two Bonsly. The original pair (that do the "King Bonsly and Queen Manane" radio drama) ran away. That was the pair that Jessie and James stumbled on in the alley and the pair Ash and Co. met while walking down the street looking for Brock's Bonsly.

It's funny how May and Brock remember the "King/Queen" radio drama after the fact. That information could've cleared things up ahead of time.

From the episode, I guess the creators of that radio drama were filming a movie since it was so popular with fans (i.e. those people running after the real pair when Ash and Co. bumped into them).

The director from the episode is a real person (forgot his name). I remember him from the Movie 8 documentary short that came out last year. I'm just taking a stab that he wanted himself drawn into this episode just to have some fun (that explains those arrows that you saw pointing to the director from last week's preview).

The psychic attack Manane used on Bonsly was Tickle. It also used it against Combusken when May took on Jessie back in her last victorious Pokemon Contest, but this version used that bluish aura instead of Manane just using its appendages to do the tickling.

It was also funny how Meowth dressed up as a little boy to help that woman out (in order to steal some of her Pokemon food) when they were all hungry.

Kinda nice how James was taking care of Bonsly as if it was his own.

They played "Polka-O-Dolka" when everyone was dancing at the end. That just added so much zaniness to the scene.

Like Sunain and pikachu said, this episode had more of a Pikachu short-type of feel too it. Truthfully, I really enjoyed it.
    Last edited by sCiZoR_2006; 24th February 2006 at 9:03 PM.

-sCiZoR

Tickle? Buh-gawd. Why can't they ever stick to one way of performing an attack!?!? As an attack enthusiast, that ticks me off!

Convenient how there's this radio drama about Bonsly and Manene AND the gang's just happen to get separated AND a film about the two is being filmed not too far away. Really, it sounds like a bad fanfic.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by sCiZoR_2006
    There were two Manene and two Bonsly. The original pair (that do the "King Bonsly and Queen Manane" radio drama) ran away. That was the pair that Jessie and James stumbled on in the alley and the pair Ash and Co. met while walking down the street looking for Brock's Bonsly.
    Silly question, but the "original" pair are identifiable by the scarves... right?
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzJazz
    Silly question, but the "original" pair are identifiable by the scarves... right?
    Right.

It should be said that the original King/Queen were found by the suited thugs. The two were so tired from all the running around that the suits had to the Pokemon Center. They didn't know where it was so Max brought out the PokeNav to give them directions.

That's also the reason why Brock's Bonsly and James's Manene were used for the film.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    Tickle? Buh-gawd. Why can't they ever stick to one way of performing an attack!?!? As an attack enthusiast, that ticks me off!

Convenient how there's this radio drama about Bonsly and Manene AND the gang's just happen to get separated AND a film about the two is being filmed not too far away. Really, it sounds like a bad fanfic.
    Yeah, I'm just like you, V. I like seeing new versions of attacks (like Corphish's CGI Bubblebeam as opposed to the original), but this wasn't one of those cases.
    Last edited by sCiZoR_2006; 24th February 2006 at 9:19 PM.

-sCiZoR

Quote Originally Posted by ghost master
    Then they ended up in the movie set and bonsly and manene subs(two guys in bonsly and manene suits) were taking the place of the real manene and bonsly.
    No, I think their job was to demonstrate to Bonsly and Manene what to do in each scene.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

does anyone know wich attack did bonsly used yet? ( I mean the physical one)

(9
    Sig killed by Hydrohs, please read the rules.

It was Double-Edge (Sutemi Takkuru). And Manene used Mimic on that.

Quote Originally Posted by sCiZoR_2006
    It was also funny how Meowth dressed up as a little boy to help that woman out (in order to steal some of her Pokemon food) when they were all hungry.
    Actually, while he was planning to make off with the last box after he finished carrying the rest, the woman just let him have it as a reward. I think when Nyaasu offered them the food, Pikachu was refusing until he was convinced that it wasn't stolen. Just thought that was worth pointing out.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Yep, that's what I figured happened too. I thought it was funny how Meowth didn't get why Bonsly was crying over the food, until Pikachu told him that it only eats through a straw, so Meowth had to mix water into the food and put a straw in it. XD
    Last edited by Geodude; 25th February 2006 at 5:14 PM.

Hmm...What does the title mean?

What, the episode title? Just what it says. Have you read the topic at all?

Blaziken master Guest

It is the title of a so called movie in the episode portraying the romance of a manene and bonsly

Really, I like the idea that pokemon can have variations on their attacks. Think about how Pikachu uses Thunder in different ways (i.e as a projectile and as a physical explosion, this was before it learned Volt Tackle), or how Treeko could use Pound with its arms or its tail (it used its arms in one of its first battles, but then reverted to its tail because it was stronger), or how Charizard's Seismic Toss looks so different from a non flyer's Seismic Toss.

Since Manene is a Psychic type it makes sense it could form tendrils of Psychic energy to perform Tickle at a distance. Still, I get what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken Master
    It is the title of a so called movie in the episode portraying the romance of a manene and bonsly
    Which is a bit disturbing considering they're both pre-evolutions, can't breed, are babies etc.

I like variation, too. As long as it's variation that makes sense and gives enough room to change. Manene used Tickle not that long ago in its debut Contest, not long enough for it to change its attack style. And Manene was 2, maybe 3, feet away from Bonsly? IS THAT LAZINESS OR WHAT?
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    Actually, while he was planning to make off with the last box after he finished carrying the rest, the woman just let him have it as a reward. I think when Nyaasu offered them the food, Pikachu was refusing until he was convinced that it wasn't stolen. Just thought that was worth pointing out.
    Very true, Yamato-san. Great addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    Since Manene is a Psychic type it makes sense it could form tendrils of Psychic energy to perform Tickle at a distance. Still, I get what you're saying.
    This whole time I had thought that Tickle was a psychic move (ever since R/S came out). Come to find out that it's just a normal-type attack. That's kind of disappointing, but the variation that Manane uses in this episode makes the attack stand out.

I know the anime Pokemon's moves are done without respect to the games, but I'm wondering if Bonsly's Fake Tears attack is a foreshadow of one of its D/P moves in-game?

I like variation, too. As long as it's variation that makes sense and gives enough room to change. Manene used Tickle not that long ago in its debut Contest, not long enough for it to change its attack style. And Manene was 2, maybe 3, feet away from Bonsly? IS THAT LAZINESS OR WHAT?
    You know the anime exaggerates distance. Two Pokemon on a battlefield could be about 7 feet from each other but when one executes an attack, the animation style makes it seem like they're miles apart.

-sCiZoR

Just saw this in the US. This episode was good. It was cool to see Bonsly and Mime Jr battle as well as seeing everybody dance from Mime Jr's Teeter Dance.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Talk about surprising--Polka o Dolka is kept during Mime Jr.'s Teeter Dance...but as the dubbed version(which means Maddie is singing!)!

Other than that, this was better than I gave the plot credit for. Pretty Rocket-centric throughout the episode(not that it's a bad thing...), and we see a bit more of what Mime Jr. is capable of. Not bad at all.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Man, my favorite part was when Brock and James shouted attacks back and forth ,LOL

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Mime Jr. vs. Bonsley! Epic Battle Of Useless Attacks!

POLKA O DOLKA! (dies)

That is probably my favorite song, in both Japanese and English. (I didn't get the English lyrics, though.) I'm so glad they kept it! (dies again)

Sorry, that episode was just worth watching for that song.

BTW, didn't I see a screenshot of Brock dressed up like a white prince, or is that just me?
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR SOMETHING ELSE...

Wow, very cute for a filler. Those hired goons chasing after Bonsly and Mime Jr creeped me out and made me laugh at the same time. And of course, this episode made me want to smack Jessie over the head with a giant script again and again. I cannot stand that little Prima Donna for the life of me. Especially, when she gets all gaga when the camera is on her.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

I can't believe the Narrator got into the dancing! That was funny, and if they ever do some form of a Teeter Dance activity for the next Pokémon event (Complete with the English Version of Polka-O-Dolka playing), I'll probably get involved myself! It's like a form of Wiggin' Out!
    Last edited by YoshiAngemon; 11th November 2006 at 2:31 PM.
    It's been too long since I've been here.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast