Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: King & Queen For A Day! (442)

LOL, the director of Pokemon was dancing! XD

Me miss May and Max
    I was formely known as ~Elite Frontier~

Did you notice they kept a lot of Japanese in this episode?
    do you believe in magic?

credit to mah bffl. <3
    pair is ICE CUBED // bffl is §Suicune§

Ya gotta love the dancing scene at the end. And Team Rocket's close ups while making the movie. I could have sworn they said "TV Land." xD I think they did.

It was nice to see that the Pokemon got a little more screen time in this. It was very nice episode. I enjoyed it much. x3

And I agree, Onpu, they did keep a lot of Japanese in here. I mean, Jessie was eating with chop-sticks at lunch. Awesome. =D

This episode was so cute, I was so surprised English Polka Dolka was playing, and the one oringinally sang by Maddie. The dancing was simply so funny, but BAD BAD Pikachu for ruining the set at the end with Volt Tackle.

This cute episode was a nice break from the contests and Brain battles we were watching. I loved hearing that song from the short, Gotta Dance and the ending was cute as well.

Funniest. Filler. Ever.
    Bonsly vs. Mime Jr. Battle was funny, I loved the chase sequences, and, of course, Teeter Dance induced Polka Dolka. Deja Vu FTW.

One thing that got me though, was that the actual King & Queen were seriously downplayed. They only appeared abouit 2 times, and only served as a plot device. Don't know why, but it bugged the heck out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Onpu ? View Post
    Did you notice they kept a lot of Japanese in this episode?

Did you notice 4kids =\= PUSA?

Wig out! Mime Jr. style! Mime Jr. is one of my favorite Pokémon, and I love that it gets some good time in the limelight.

Credit to Mimiori Kiryu for the SONVA banner.

I claimed Midna as my bishie in the bishie thread.

I'd like to see that Teeter Dance clip on Youtube! either that or some Bo-BoBo AMV, aptly named "Polka-Bo-Dolka!"
    It's been too long since I've been here.

i like when they were on the bridge dancing, it was funny
    I love MYSPACE!!!!
    www.myspace.com/raccario

i will add anybody exept ppl older than 30 or 40

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Funniest. Filler. Ever.
    Bonsly vs. Mime Jr. Battle was funny, I loved the chase sequences, and, of course, Teeter Dance induced Polka Dolka. Deja Vu FTW.

One thing that got me though, was that the actual King & Queen were seriously downplayed. They only appeared abouit 2 times, and only served as a plot device. Don't know why, but it bugged the heck out of me.
    I loved this episode. I had such a blast working on it. It's just sheer wackiness and you need that every once in a while.

Quick notes for second viewings:
    - Note that my version of King Bonsly is ever so slightly different than Brock's Bonsly. I figured that since King Bonsly is not really a baby that his voice should be a little deeper. It's not tremendously different, but it's there. Making it deeper also gave it more of a regal tone. And after all, he is a king!

- Our crack writing staff noticed that the song was from "gotta dance" and made sure that our music writers left it untouched. Although, I thought the song played was just taken directly from the Japanese.

- If you ever wondered what I sound like in Real Life listen to the director's assistant in this episode. This was a gag that I just HAD to do in this episode. When I discovered that there was a guy dressed up as Bonsly in this episode, I begged to make sure that I could be that guy. To add to the funny I used my regular voice for him and then made sure that I really camped up the "Bonsly!" that he shouts. How perfect is it to voice the guy who acts as Bonsly. It's like some sort of bizarre paradox collapsing in on itself. Wacky fun for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by NewBrock View Post
    I loved this episode. I had such a blast working on it. It's just sheer wackiness and you need that every once in a while.

Quick notes for second viewings:
    - Note that my version of King Bonsly is ever so slightly different than Brock's Bonsly. I figured that since King Bonsly is not really a baby that his voice should be a little deeper. It's not tremendously different, but it's there. Making it deeper also gave it more of a regal tone. And after all, he is a king!

- Our crack writing staff noticed that the song was from "gotta dance" and made sure that our music writers left it untouched. Although, I thought the song played was just taken directly from the Japanese.

- If you ever wondered what I sound like in Real Life listen to the director's assistant in this episode. This was a gag that I just HAD to do in this episode. When I discovered that there was a guy dressed up as Bonsly in this episode, I begged to make sure that I could be that guy. To add to the funny I used my regular voice for him and then made sure that I really camped up the "Bonsly!" that he shouts. How perfect is it to voice the guy who acts as Bonsly. It's like some sort of bizarre paradox collapsing in on itself. Wacky fun for everyone.
    Actually, the song from 'Gotta Dance' was the English version with Maddie doing the vocal from the movie 7 short. I thought it sounded great to hear the new VAs responding to it during the episode, although I'm a bit surprised at a few of the reactions out there...

This episode was actully not as bad as I expectied

[

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Mario View Post
    This episode was actully not as bad as I expectied

I'd be curious as to why you thought it was going to be bad in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by old guard truthseeker View Post
    Actually, the song from 'Gotta Dance' was the English version with Maddie doing the vocal from the movie 7 short. I thought it sounded great to hear the new VAs responding to it during the episode, although I'm a bit surprised at a few of the reactions out there...
    I'm curious as to why you would be surprised. What did you think the reaction would be?

Quote Originally Posted by maddiejoan View Post
    I'm curious as to why you would be surprised. What did you think the reaction would be?
    I would think that it's time for everybody to get over themselves and realize that things are not what they were. I'm astonished at the microscopic residual negativity that persists with the new season. The ratings seem to indicate that things are just fine now, and the old guard is history. Why all the venom?

I would think that it's time for everybody to get over themselves and realize that things are not what they were. I'm astonished at the microscopic residual negativity that persists with the new season. The ratings seem to indicate that things are just fine now, and the old guard is history. Why all the venom?
    What venom? Did I say anything venemous? Have I criticized the new Meowth's performance?

All I said was I didn't enjoy having my vocals used in a season I'm not "part of".

I think I have the right to be offended, considering how I was thrown off the show like a bag of dirty laundry.

If things are not the way they were --then why use my voice at all? I'd have been far happier if "Billy Beach" would have done his own singing.

Is my name in the credits for that episode?

I checked Maddie, and no it wasn't.

What venom? Did I say anything venemous? Have I criticized the new Meowth's performance?

All I said was I didn't enjoy having my vocals used in a season I'm not "part of".

I think I have the right to be offended, considering how I was thrown off the show like a bag of dirty laundry.

If things are not the way they were --then why use my voice at all? I'd have been far happier if "Billy Beach" would have done his own singing.

Is my name in the credits for that episode?
    I've never actually read anything positive you've ever written about this new season. We will continue to have a difference of opinion of how you were "thrown off" of the show, but I know I've had many complimentary things to say about your work, as many others have as well. It just seems to smack of sour grapes when you say anything relating to Season 9, and especially at this late date, it's not flattering. Season 10 is in the works, as is Movie 9. Why not wish everyone the best?
    Also, as you well know, the contract you signed with 4 Kids allows Pokemon to use your past work in perpetuity. Why is it insulting that they would use a vocal of yours as backround music - underneath other dialog? It sounds great!

I've never actually read anything positive you've ever written about this new season. We will continue to have a difference of opinion of how you were "thrown off" of the show, but I know I've had many complimentary things to say about your work, as many others have as well. It just seems to smack of sour grapes when you say anything relating to Season 9, and especially at this late date, it's not flattering. Season 10 is in the works, as is Movie 9. Why not wish everyone the best?
    Also, as you well know, the contract you signed with 4 Kids allows Pokemon to use your past work in perpetuity. Why is it insulting that they would use a vocal of yours as backround music - underneath other dialog? It sounds great!
    I've written many times how I wish the new cast all the best, A search of my posts can easily find that. I've even offered tips on performing certain voices to one of the cast members (Bill wanted to know what was off about his Corphish --I told him what I did for the voice in order to help out)

Spinning me as having "sour-grapes" does not make it so. The fact is, I've not had one single unkind word about the new show, other than that I consider it a "new" show. I may have had some thoughts about how I don't think the music is mixed particularly well into the track-- but hey, I was asked, and that's my opinion.

You have said far more negative things about Seasons 1-8 than I have of Season #9. Your comments are at best disingenous, and at worst venal spin mongering to bolster and rationalize your own position.

I also don't need to have an eplanation for why I found the use of my vocal work (uncredited) as insulting. I simply did. Did I even recieve an a nice e-mail from TAJ thanking me or even tipping me off that it would be used?
    Sorry, but TAJ has taken something I performed with joy and now tainted it's memory.

"Heads up, Maddie! We so enjoyed your work on 'Gotta Dance' that we're using it an upcoming episode! We even wrote a cute in-joke about it!, Hope you can watch it, and thanks so much for all the work you did as Meowth!"

Would that have been so hard?

I know that I'm not "owed" any such thing --but sometimes people choose to excercize "common courtesy". Having the ability to use something via legal contract doesn't negate the use of polite behaviour.

Finally, Our difference of opinion on whether I was thrown off is the difference between fantasy and reality. Clearly, I am not on the show, nor was I ever even asked to return.

Can you guys please keep these types of discussions in the voice threads where they belong?

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Can you guys please keep these types of discussions in the voice threads where they belong?
    We're talking about this very episode, and it's use of "Gotta Dance".

I jurs heard through the grapevine that TAJ had provided the video house with the correct instrumental version of Gotta Dance and it was sent to Cartoon Network, but Cartoon Network ended up using the wrong version.

I jurs heard through the grapevine that TAJ had provided the video house with the correct instrumental version of Gotta Dance and it was sent to Cartoon Network, but Cartoon Network ended up using the wrong version.
    Why would Cartoon Network change the music? is it because CN Executives didnt want the kids to listen to ebil japanese music?
    wow this place really dropped off in activity huh.

Not right before I posted you weren't. It was sort of a war of words between you and OGT that could've been taken elsewhere. And yes, a case could be made that any VA discussion could have to do with a specific episode, but many people are getting pretty dang tired of hearing about it over and over. There are other things to talk about besides voices, yet the voice discussion isn't going away unfortunately, hence the threads we all know of.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

really? Odd. considering this post.

I'm sure that was Maddie singing the song from the movie 7 short "Gotta Dance!" which is why Meowth said "Deja Vu!" and James responded with "Gotta Dance!" Maddie sounds great in that one. Funny stuff all around.
    How did CN get the one with the vocal tracks? Doesn't TAJ provide fully mixed episodes? And why did the writer include that "Deja Vu" joke?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast