Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: King & Queen For A Day! (442)

I thought this episode was very hilarious, and I enjoyed it a lot. My main problem with it is, the script is VERY disjointed. It starts as a normal episode, becomes a chase episode, THEN becomes a wacky comedy with a TV production. At least previous wacky comedies on the show- "A Better Pill to Swallow", "The Wayward Wobbuffet"- are wacky throughout. The main problem with this episode is that it's only the last 1/3 that's a comedy.

Nonetheless, I did enjoy seeing Meowth get food honestly, and the last part had me rolling in the aisles. The group dance was the highlight of the episode. And Bonsly and Mime Jr. were funny and cute too.

Overall, 9.9/10, taken down one point for the script.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by maddiejoan View Post
    really? Odd. considering this post.

How did CN get the one with the vocal tracks? Doesn't TAJ provide fully mixed episodes? And why did the writer include that "Deja Vu" joke?
    It was a swapped mix mistake. The original Japanese episode had the Japanese version of the song with the Japanese Meowth singing on it. PUSA asked to have it changed, so TAJ sent the USA version of it but with your vocal, which was later realized to be a mistake, so they then sent an instrumental version of it to the video house as well. But by that time the USA vocal was already sent to Cartoon Network, and although the instrumental mix was sent as well in plenty of time, they must've mixed up the 2 mixes before broadcast.
    I'm guessing that the writer, knowing that music is so recognizable to fans, went ahead and tried to capitalize on it with the jokes. But I'm pretty sure the writer only heard the Japanese version when it was being written. I wouldn't think there would be any other version to hear at that point.

Oh yeah, they did capitalize on the music--Meowth said it was deja vu.XD

Quote Originally Posted by old guard truthseeker View Post
    But I'm pretty sure the writer only heard the Japanese version when it was being written. I wouldn't think there would be any other version to hear at that point.
    Carter didn't write that episode?

I've written many times how I wish the new cast all the best, A search of my posts can easily find that. I've even offered tips on performing certain voices to one of the cast members (Bill wanted to know what was off about his Corphish --I told him what I did for the voice in order to help out)

Spinning me as having "sour-grapes" does not make it so. The fact is, I've not had one single unkind word about the new show, other than that I consider it a "new" show. I may have had some thoughts about how I don't think the music is mixed particularly well into the track-- but hey, I was asked, and that's my opinion.
    Just for the sake of the record.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpos...postcount=1055
    Try writing something like this --but in your own words:

Quote Originally Posted by maddiejoan
    "I understand that Cartoon Network is negotiating to acquire the rights to Pokémon. If it’s not too late, please make sure that Pokémon USA does not sell you an inferior product.

This past weekend Kids WB! aired a Pokémon TV special that was NOT produced by 4Kids Productions. The show was amateurish and embarrassing. Voices were terrible. Acting was horrible. The writing was extremely bad. The music was inappropriate and the sound mix was painful. It seemed like children and non-professionals were producing the show.

Fans want the “authentic” Pokémon experience, not a cheap imitation. If you acquire the series from Pokémon Company and they do not continue to use 4Kids to produce the series - -you will be buying a series that will rate poorly and destroy the franchise.

Don’t waste your money. Make sure you get the real deal and not an inferior, poorly produced, embarrassing imitation. Make sure that 4Kids Productions is the production entity for the new Pokémon episodes."
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpos...postcount=1670

:::sigh::: then you misunderstand me completely. I want nothing more than the show to be a success. If it went to a decent Production Studio --I'd be happy for Pokemon with or without me. IT has nothing to do with my pride.
    But from what I can see from the special --its not gonna be pretty and I fear the show will go down the tubes forever because of all this. You may of course disagree -- but I dont think PUSA utilizing TAJ is gonna be the answer to your prayers that you think it will be.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpos...postcount=2006

I think it's logical that PUSA, never having been involved in the business of actually producing a television show, would not recognize that they have already made some really poor decisions. I think they bought TAJ's claim that they could produce a show of equal quality with "sound-alikes", and I think TAJ is no longer capable of the quality of production they once were.

I think your sources are biased, and you are recieving colorful versions of the facts. I think you also know that the majority of the new actors were under the very same contracts as the old actors, yet you don't address that fact.

I also don't thik you have a crystal ball into what 4Kids may or may not have known about the status of the special or Season 9 at what point in time.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpos...postcount=2129

Saving the show from doom?
    Ontopic, I really enjoyed this episode. The antics were very funny, especially the battle towards the end of the episode. I noticed James has lost Mime Jr. what, twice three times this season. That little mime sure has been getting around.

Carter didn't write that episode?
    Carter writes all the episodes. At the time he wrote it he had only heard the Japanese track. But since he had written the movie 7 short, he simply made a few jokes on the music. It would seem to me he would have no idea the USA vocal track would've been used by mistake.

Kuroshi,

I fail to see how posting my predictions based on the first MOMP special (which even the most hardcore supporters thought was abysmal) establishes anything. Even PUSA found it's quality to have been at a level that required a re-dubbing.

There are far more posts where I wish the new cast well, and even posts where I mention I think the new Meowth is okay.

But if you're okay combing through all my posts to find the few negative reactions I had to the first MoMP special in order to paint me unfairly --you have a party with that.

Carter writes all the episodes. At the time he wrote it he had only heard the Japanese track. But since he had written the movie 7 short, he simply made a few jokes on the music. It would seem to me he would have no idea the USA vocal track would've been used by mistake.
    Ahhhh, I see. So someone else wrote the lyrics to "Gotta Dance"? I had always assumed Carter had written them along with the rest of the "Gotta Dance" short. My bad.

They must have mixed the vocal track in after Meowth's lines were recorded for the episode. Hopefully on re-air, CN will use the correct mix of this episode.

Kuroshi,

I fail to see how posting my predictions based on the first MOMP special (which even the most hardcore supporters thought was abysmal) establishes anything. Even PUSA found it's quality to have been at a level that required a re-dubbing.

There are far more posts where I wish the new cast well, and even posts where I mention I think the new Meowth is okay.

But if you're okay combing through all my posts to find the few negative reactions I had to the first MoMP special in order to paint me unfairly --you have a party with that.
    I specifically said it was for the record. If you see your earlier assertions regarding the quality of season 9 as things that paint yourself in an unkind light today, well, that's not really my problem, is it?
    Last edited by Kuroshi; 15th November 2006 at 2:03 PM.

Ahhhh, I see. So someone else wrote the lyrics to "Gotta Dance"? I had always assumed Carter had written them along with the rest of the "Gotta Dance" short. My bad.

They must have mixed the vocal track in after Meowth's lines were recorded for the episode. Hopefully on re-air, CN will use the correct mix of this episode.
    I'm confused now. Carter did write the lyrics to the song, and the rest of the episode as well. I don't see how that has anything to do with it, other than he must've anticipated that the same music would be used, and knowing that fans were familiar with the song he would make a couple of jokes to reference it. That would have nothing to do with whether the USA Meowth vocal was going to be used or not. The distinctive intro of the song would certainly be enough to trigger anyone's memories.
    All I'm saying is the use of your vocal was a mistake on the part of Cartoon Network. That's it. I talked to a TAJ guy last night, and when the script was initially submitted, all anyone had to go on was the Japanese episode with the Japanese Meowth vocal.
    Just so you know, there have a been a wealth of technical problems all the way down the line with the video house, including the fact that I was told Carter's writing credit has been left out of about half the episodes so far. Not a good thing. They seem to be good at fixing mistakes so far though, so we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroshi View Post
    I specifically said it was for the record. If you see your earlier assertions regarding the quality of season 9 as things that paint yourself in an unkind light today, well, that's not really my problem, is it?
    I don't at all, there's not a thing I've ever posted that I don't stand by completely. I just think if you are posting 'for the record', you would take care not to just post quotes that paint one side of the picture.

So yes. It is "your' problem.

i pretty much liked this episode. i thought it would be a boring team rocket blast off. where is pikachu. then they spend the entire ep looking for her. but this one was much more better than i thought. i wanted bonsley and mime jr. to give there scarfs to brock and james. but o' well

I'm confused now. Carter did write the lyrics to the song, and the rest of the episode as well. I don't see how that has anything to do with it, other than he must've anticipated that the same music would be used, and knowing that fans were familiar with the song he would make a couple of jokes to reference it. That would have nothing to do with whether the USA Meowth vocal was going to be used or not. The distinctive intro of the song would certainly be enough to trigger anyone's memories.
    All I'm saying is the use of your vocal was a mistake on the part of Cartoon Network. That's it. I talked to a TAJ guy last night, and when the script was initially submitted, all anyone had to go on was the Japanese episode with the Japanese Meowth vocal.
    Just so you know, there have a been a wealth of technical problems all the way down the line with the video house, including the fact that I was told Carter's writing credit has been left out of about half the episodes so far. Not a good thing. They seem to be good at fixing mistakes so far though, so we'll see...

Okay. I was under the impression that TAJ was providing CN fully mixed episodes not shopping work out to an outside video house. Like I say. My bad.

I don't at all, there's not a thing I've ever posted that I don't stand by completely. I just think if you are posting 'for the record', you would take care not to just post quotes that paint one side of the picture.

So yes. It is "your' problem.
    Then why are we having this convosation? If you stand by what you said, and you trust nothing is wrong with it, what does it matter that I only posted "half" of the picture, when you already stated the positive things you have said in regarding the dub first quote in the first post I made in this thread.

Then why are we having this convosation? If you stand by what you said, and you trust nothing is wrong with it, what does it matter that I only posted "half" of the picture, when you already stated the positive things you have said in regarding the dub first quote in the first post I made in this thread.
    I guess because in quoting me out of context, you make it seem as if that's my opinion of Season #9 --when in fact everything you quoted was reflective of my opinion of the first dub version of MMoP.

I guess because in quoting me out of context, you make it seem as if that's my opinion of Season #9 --when in fact everything you quoted was reflective of my opinion of the first dub version of MMoP.
    Seems pretty in context to me, you stated that you had "never said anything negitive" about the new dub. If you meant you hadn't said anything negitive after season 9 started airing, you probably should have said as much. Though, if you still believe and stand by what you said then, it would be double-talk.
    Last edited by Kuroshi; 15th November 2006 at 3:19 PM.

Seems pretty in context to me, you stated that you had "never said anything negitive" about the new dub. If you meant you hadn't said anything negitive after season 9 started airing, you probably should have said as much. Though, if you still believe and stand by what you said then, it would be double-talk.
    I said "the new show".
    Referring to Season #9 :::roll eyes::::

and I don't see where it's double-talk at all
    Last edited by maddiejoan; 15th November 2006 at 3:28 PM.

OK, that's enough. Any post that doesn't have to do directly with this episode is getting deleted, and the user may, at our discrection, be given a week-long ban.

If you guys want to fight it out about the old dub vs. the new dub, go to the New Voices thread.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    OK, that's enough.
    Thank you. ^^'

--

Anyway - wow, that was a random episode. No plot, resolution, or logic. Which is why it rocked. :P I cracked up at the ending. As for the "Deja Vu" thing - yay for acknowledging something that happened in a movie.

Does this mean Mime Jr. is a girl?

I want to watch those clips from the ending over and over and over... xP Dancing director, YAY.

"Claydol, Big and Tall" and "Off the Unbeaten Path" were funnier... not as random though. I can't decide which episode is more random - this, or "Wake Up, Snorlax!" Eh... probably this...

I think I've finally gotten used to Ash's new voice...

9/10 - If only the middle was as random as the beginning and ending... then it would get all ten. Ah, well. ^_^
    Pearl Name: Aurora
    Friend Code: 2663 9162 0376

Just note that I suck at competitive battling.

It was a alright episode.

I loved this episode for the completly random ending! I completly wasn't expecting it! I actually laughed. I love that Gotta Dance music. I watched tht scene over and over.

*while everyone dances*
    Ash: Brock, you're bumping me a little too hard

I thought that was hilarious

I hope Mime Jr uses Teeter Dance again!

I didnt really like this episode. Except for the bit where Jessie attacked the director with a headbutt... Kind of a reminer of the soccer wolrd cup...hehehe! 6/10
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Ram View Post
    I didnt really like this episode. Except for the bit where Jessie attacked the director with a headbutt... Kind of a reminer of the soccer wolrd cup...hehehe! 6/10
    You mean like getting the birthday telegram from Zinedine Zidane? That was a laugh riot!
    It's been too long since I've been here.

Those three men in those suits chasing them, one of them looked the most cartoon-ish, with that chin and all

Marluxia the level 5 Cherrim!

Yay for Marluxia

Yeah! That is so true! It was so, funny looking! Lol! I think that this was one of the worst fillers made. It was sort of a Pikachu vacation episode, but You actually get to see Ash's face and stuff.
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast