View Poll Results: Is Swellow or Skarmory best in-game?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Swellow

17 37.78%
  • Skarmory

28 62.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swellow or Skarmory?

Default Swellow or Skarmory?

Which is better for in-game uses: Swellow or Skarmory?
    Never forget the greatest man alive, my hero, Steve Irwin!
    X version friend code:4983-4985-9055. Name: Corey Pokemon: Poliwhirl, Octillary and Quagsire

it depends what you need. ._.; Swellow is a great Choice Bander and Physical Sweeper, while Skarmory is a great Tank and Spiker. Totally up to the needs of the team.

I personally like Swellow WAYYYYY more than Skarm. ^_^; OTS, people! :O (and for those of you who DON'T know what that stands for, it's "Original Team Sapphire" XD)
    Alpha SapphireL

I like swellow more too, it´s fast and can take an awesome advantage with endeavor and toxic, choice band in it is also great, and in double battles poisoning it + facade, swellows transforms itself into a great swepper!

also swellow, crobat and aerodactyl are the only flying pokés that can outspeed sceptile (even rayquaza can´t!)
    also it´s a good breeder in case of aerial ace!
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    Paired with the wonder called GoldenHouou! HELLYAHSHESBACK! =D
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"
    "Ensure the bed is unoccupied before getting into it!"
    Banner and Avatar by Shuam!

The needs of the team......what tha? I have no earthly idea what ya mean SapphireL.....
    X version friend code:4983-4985-9055. Name: Corey Pokemon: Poliwhirl, Octillary and Quagsire

Quote Originally Posted by Brute Root
    The needs of the team......what tha? I have no earthly idea what ya mean SapphireL.....
    ^_^;; whoopsie. lol

well, I mean that Swellow is a great Pokemon if you want to attack your opponent fast and hard. (Swellow has a good Attack, and a great Speed.) Swellow comes with attacks like Aerial Ace/Facade/Steel Wing/Return/Quick Attack...

...Skarmory on the other hand is a great Pokemon if you want to last longer against the opponent. Skarm has no physical weaknesses and a pretty good Defense too. It comes with attacks like Spikes/Roar/Rest/Whirl Wind/Taunt etc which are good for it as well.

I's hope this makes sense.
    Alpha SapphireL

I prefer Skarmory far more. (The Anime ruined some of the Hoenn Pokemon. Most, actually.) Besides, Swellow is one of the few Pokemon I dislike, which IS saying something. Sorry, SapphireL.
    Over eight years old and still running strong. Second oldest active running thread in the VG forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohtachi
    I prefer Skarmory far more. (The Anime ruined some of the Hoenn Pokemon. Most, actually.) Besides, Swellow is one of the few Pokemon I dislike, which IS saying something. Sorry, SapphireL.

same hear but sakrmory can learn more powerfull moves than swellow

i think???

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog
    "I poop on you"

powerful doesnt mean **** if you dont have a strong attack stat to back them up =/ its like shuckle with eq
    If you remember the days of the Advanced Gen on Netbattle and remember Battle Mountain hit me up.

I would personally say Skarmory.. Its a great Pokemon to have. and Swellow.. I think is kinda weak >> but thats just my opion ._.

Banner and sprites made by the amazing Hakuryuu! Thanks! <3

I love you Dara <33

8/11/07

Evanji Axu Guest

I love them both, as I have a Swellow (Sly) in my main team and a Skarmory (Athena) that's gotten me my Bravery and Spirit symbols. I like them both equally.

Ummm.. The best physical wall in the game that can both PHaze and Spike, or a decent UU choice bander.. Tough choice...

Skarmory! I use it in the Battle Frontier, and it helps alot.

Legend of Zelda: Hoenn Adventures is currently dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Smile Guy View Post
    He didn't win the argument, he was just more stubborn than you were.

legendary fire trainer Guest

a beefed up swellow with a high attack can rool the roost over skarmory simply because of speed

Skarmory please

Evanji Axu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by legendary fire trainer
    a beefed up swellow with a high attack can rool the roost over skarmory simply because of speed

Even with STAB, EV training, and a +Atk nature, Swellow won't scuff Skarmory. Not only does Normal do half to Steel, but Skarmory has crazy defense. And NetBattle wise, Swellow is Borderline whereas Skarmory is Overused.

Your logic phails.

Skarmory for the win. Spikeshuffling is really cool ingame, and it walls people like crazy. And think about that Swellow needs EVs, CB and other stuff to be decent. Skarmory is good without anything really. (Ingame, that is. But I guess that Swellow's pretty good ingame too.) And last but not least, Skarmory's an awesome Pokemon design-wise.

Skarmory with Double Team + Toxic = death among the opponent.

Claims: Krystal (Star Fox Adventures/Assault)
    Shippings: KitsuneShipping (Flamon X Krystal); DiamondstormShipping (Flamon X Renamon);
    BrotherlyShipping (Sesshomaru X Inuyasha); SpasticShipping (Feuilly X Joly)
    Credits: Libian Minamino - Banner; Cards - Liam-Kun, Volteon
    Friends: The ever-lovely Phantom_Bugsy!

Skarmory because of its types.
    Last edited by ~*Pikafan*~; 24th February 2006 at 9:30 PM.
    Thinking of What to Put Here...

I personally prefer Swellow, And thats the one that I would use in the game. However I do think that Skarmory would be the stronger out of the twp. But I wouldn't use him.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserRyu
    Double Team= NO.
    I personally prefer Skarmory. An armour-plated hawk warrior is way cooler than a bog-standard swallow.

-Click the banner to read-

Want Pokemon forums with Custom-Avatars, a funky Jukebox, and no n00bs or spam whatsoever? Then come to HitmonNet, the greatest webpage on t3h internetz!

Quote Originally Posted by master chuckle
    Double Team= NO.
    Darn, I was going to remark on that ....Well, I'll add on by saying Toxic on Skarmory is lol unless it's a TSS Team.

Anyhow, InGame, Swellow definitely. Walling is pretty useless InGame, because it just prolongs an easy battle. Swellow can rip Teams apart quickly and efficiently, which gets you through faster. Skarmory is a Staple on NB, but that's just it, ON NB. And that's because there's use in Walling on NB.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserRyu
    and who uses that set?

anyway skarmory can kick swellow's ***

Well...here's an idea: For which ever you chose...caould you post maybe a moveset? Cause right now my Swellow knows: Aerial Ace, Fly, Agility, and Endeavor. Is that a bad moveset? I use Fly all the time and I don't wanna have to walk everywhere or put im in the PC until battle. Post some Skarmory movesets too if ya'll would please. (but ya don't have too)

Well. I say Skarmory cuze he is the best Flying tipe ever (next to Rayquaza), belongs to Ash and has a fairly decent movepool and it's cute.

Banner made by May_Beautifly. Im in the May fan club.

Banner made by Rufinito18.

Skarmory cause he kick's *** and for being WWWAAAYYY...well...not that way cooler than swellow

Melting Away Into Water

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast