Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nintendo Network Help Thread

Default Official Nintendo Network Help Thread

Wi-Fi not working? Have no idea how to get a friend code? Well, if the answer to a wi-fi question you have isn't answered in your instruction manual, then ask it here, and you'll most likely get it answered.

Actually, I have a question. I'm using a D-Link router for wi-fi. I had perfect connection like always this morning, yet for some reason, I can't connect. O_o

Maybe there's something wrong with the router. If it's perfectly fine, buy a Nintendo wi-fi USB connector
    Thinking of What to Put Here...

And you can connect to the internet? Wierd. Whenever my connection goes bad, I cant get on internet. What error code is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by facetious
    You need to see a psychiatrist soon.

can you conect to the internet with one, with the nintendo places, like go on the internet on your ds at home?

I have the Nintendo adapter, but ever since we got our new router to work, the adapter wouldn't work, yet for wi-fi since then, I was always using the router. Error code 52000, but I checked the site and none of the problems it lists apply, since I was the only one on the computer yesterday, and the wi-fi was working fine all morning yesterday.

Btw, you guys can post your own problems, too. You don't have to just answer mine. =P

I have a problem with wi-fi, too. I tried to go to someone's town (screenname Polaros) and it wouldn't let me.

That happenes every once in a while. Try again later, then. If it still doesn't work by tomorrow, then go to the site.

EDIT: Don't worry about my question any more. Fixed it. ^^
    Last edited by NFreak; 25th February 2006 at 4:05 PM.

Hi all, i have an actiontec router (they suck i know lol) and i have MK DS. My problem is that my psp, laptop and other devices all connect fine to the network, and yet my DS, even when on top of the router, wont 'pick up' the signal. I have tried so many things to get connected, but to no avail. this simple wifi is a lie ;_;. so far i have tried disabling my security (128 bit wep), enabling and disabling MAC filters, manual setup, grrr, nothing works please help me!
    0129 8290 9922

How do you get a friend code?

~CourageWisdomPower~
    Courage. Wisdom. And Power. Together, they form the holy relic, the Triforce.
    ~I am a proud fan of the Legend of Zelda, the greatest game series ever created.~

Quote Originally Posted by Akayfortyseven
    Hi all, i have an actiontec router (they suck i know lol) and i have MK DS. My problem is that my psp, laptop and other devices all connect fine to the network, and yet my DS, even when on top of the router, wont 'pick up' the signal. I have tried so many things to get connected, but to no avail. this simple wifi is a lie ;_;. so far i have tried disabling my security (128 bit wep), enabling and disabling MAC filters, manual setup, grrr, nothing works please help me!
    Wi-Fi Nintendo doesn't connect to Mac's.

Quote Originally Posted by Latios Legend
    How do you get a friend code?
    On your game, when you go to the Nintendo WiFi area, it will have an option for your Friend Code. Confirm means your Friend Code, and Register is the place that you add the other person's Friend Code.

Hope that helps.
    Matt the Drat!

Quote Originally Posted by Akayfortyseven
    Actually, a lot of routers don't work for the DS.

Aaargh, my router isn't connecting me! It usually works excellently! I wonder why not today? Its all weird.
    Infrequent user. Drop me a PM if you'd like to speak with me for whatever reason.

Before you ask, no, I am not DeoxysPrime from YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Zora
    Wi-Fi Nintendo doesn't connect to Mac's.
    no, ive got a windows pc but i mean the MAC address of a pc lol! anyhoo i resetted my router, updated firmware and STILL no connection, my belkin router at my mums works fine why not actiontec? it does suck that nintendo say its so 'easy' yet to be reasonable most routers need configuring to connect...
    0129 8290 9922

Saying the DS won't connect to a Mac is a bit misleading. Im running a connection through a router that goes on to a Mac, it's the Connector that won't work

Quote Originally Posted by Dratini927
    On your game, when you go to the Nintendo WiFi area, it will have an option for your Friend Code. Confirm means your Friend Code, and Register is the place that you add the other person's Friend Code.

Hope that helps.
    That's not true. Once you connect to wifi, it gives you a friend code. It's up to you to figure what it is or share it.

Quote Originally Posted by deoxysguy
    Aaargh, my router isn't connecting me! It usually works excellently! I wonder why not today? Its all weird.
    Go to wifi setting in any wifi game, do test connection, and it should work there. If it still doesn't work, then check what error code it is.
    Last edited by ~*Pikafan*~; 28th February 2006 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebiicrazed
    That's not true. Once you connect to wifi, it gives you a friend code. It's up to you to figure what it is or share it.

Go to wifi setting in any wifi game, do test connection, and it should work there. If it still doesn't work, then check what error code it is.
    No offense, but your advice to deoxyguys was completely useless. If they are having connection problems, how on earth would testing that faulty connection rectify the problem? :/

And I believe that you misinterpreted Dratini's post. I think that he was simply explaining how to find where your friend code is listed in the menu. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Bleh, sorry to lash out on your comments, but your lack of helpful advice annoyed me. Of course, this post connects no advice either, so I must be a hypocrite. >.<
    Diamond FC: 0988-8206-8441
    Name: Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Bayleef
    No offense, but your advice to deoxyguy was completely useless. If they are having connection problems, how on earth would testing that faulty connection rectify the problem? :/
    I did that when I couldn't connect to wifi and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebiicrazed
    I did that when I couldn't connect to wifi and it worked.
    Then I expect that your connection was only experiencing temporary problems, and had diminished by that point. I stand by my original argument. :/
    Diamond FC: 0988-8206-8441
    Name: Alex

Never mind my advice, he PMed me saying it's fine now. No need to argue.

Friend Code How-To
    This will explain how to obtain a friend code in various Wi-Fi enabled games.

Mario Kart DS
    On the game menu, select "Nintendo WFC" and select "Nintendo Wi-Fi Match." If you do not already have a friend code, the game will connect you to Wi-Fi and assign you one.

Animal Crossing: Wild World
    Talk to Copper at the town gate and select the option "Friend Code." If you do not already have one, Copper will connect you to Wi-Fi and assign you a friend code.

Tony Hawk's American Sk8land
    ???

Metroid Prime: Hunters
    ???

Tetris DS
    ???
    not dead

If you can get a wireless router in Australian shops, which ones? I really don't want to buy online because my parents don't have a clue about that stuff.
    IF THERE ARE ANY AUSTRALIANS WILLING TO SELL ME A WORKING, DS COMPATIBLE WIRELESS ROUTER, PM ME.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Mckenzie
    If you can get a wireless router in Australian shops, which ones? I really don't want to buy online because my parents don't have a clue about that stuff.
    I bought mine in my regular gamestore (Which is a department store actually), so they should be anywhere you can buy games, but I'm not sure how that's in Australia. If you've got a local game-only store, it should be there, otherwise I'm not sure where 0o

My router is goofin' up again. It does this quite often. I get the bars, then my bars drop down to 0 at the last second, on AC WW it just doesn't get bars.
    Infrequent user. Drop me a PM if you'd like to speak with me for whatever reason.

Before you ask, no, I am not DeoxysPrime from YouTube.

That happened to me once. Wait a day and try it again. I think. Someone told me to do that and it worked.

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast