Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nintendo Network Help Thread

Were cani get the router, or a USB connecter? Online?
    You can get the router at your local electronics retail store. They cost about $50 and I recommend them over the USB COnnecter myself. The best brand would probably be Linksys, HOWEVER, the WRT54GC model needs to really be set up before it actually works good (trust me, I use this model). The USB Connector is rumoured to be at some Best Buys. It is also availible thorugh Nintendo's online store. he USB Connector has been known to screw up your internet ports, and just quit working alogether. My theory is to get a router because at the NSider forums lots of people have problems with their USB COnnector so yesh o.O Router ish teh good.
    THERE AINT NO PARTY LIKE MY NANA'S TEA PARTY
    Full FB Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Octillery
    You can get the router at your local electronics retail store. They cost about $50 and I recommend them over the USB COnnecter myself. The best brand would probably be Linksys, HOWEVER, the WRT54GC model needs to really be set up before it actually works good (trust me, I use this model). The USB Connector is rumoured to be at some Best Buys. It is also availible thorugh Nintendo's online store. he USB Connector has been known to screw up your internet ports, and just quit working alogether. My theory is to get a router because at the NSider forums lots of people have problems with their USB COnnector so yesh o.O Router ish teh good.
    Don't get a router! If you do, you'll have to tear it apart to get the WEP code! I had to do that, and before it was utterly destroyed, we put it back together. Still no WEP code! Do not buy a router. The USB connector is cheaper. Plus, just plug it in a USB port and it'll quickly set up.
    Thinking of What to Put Here...

Don't get a router! If you do, you'll have to tear it apart to get the WEP code! I had to do that, and before it was utterly destroyed, we put it back together. Still no WEP code! Do not buy a router. The USB connector is cheaper. Plus, just plug it in a USB port and it'll quickly set up.
    When you set up the router, YOU CHOOSE THE WEP KEY! You dont even have to have a frickin WEP key! For gods sake I'm tired of the people complaining that they cant find the WEP key when THEY PROBABLY SET IT UP unless they got daddy to help them. I'm seriously tired of this nonsense. WHEN YOU SET UP THY ROUTER, IN THE BOX THAT SAYS WEP KEY, LEAVE IT BLANK FOR GOD'S SAKE! I'm sure I got my point out, but it really was needed due to people not reading the fine print.

And Pikafan, that doesn't always happen. When you plug in the USB COnnector, it might not even recognize the USB and tell you to plug it in. That glitch is what people have been cheated out of for $35 a piece. That's why I suggest a router because they aren't known to work defectively as much as the NUSB Connector and they provide a wireless internet network to a laptop that has wireless internet access.
    Full FB Profile

I use wireless internet, I'm currently typing from my laptop. I don't have any DS games yet other than the Metroid Hunters Demo, I'm just playing GBA games on it so far.

My question is this: Do I need to fork out the cost of a new game for the Nintendo Wifi kit? Is there any way of using the wireless stuff I already have? I'm using a D-Link USB adapter. I also have a Wireless card which I'm not presently using (ie Im favouring the D-Link).
    FC 4141-3205-9954
    Bug Type Safari with Pinsir. Just PM me your FC if you want to add me.

Also looking for shiny Sunkern and Rayquaza!

I need help finding my friend code for Metroid Prime Hunters. My Wifi USB works and was able to last time with Mario Kart, but i forgot. Could someone please help me on this?

-C_L-

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Before you connect to wi-fi, Click Edit Friends and Rivals, and in there, click add new friend. Look in the top right corner. There ya go!
    Thinking of What to Put Here...

Thanks, i found it. Good lord, why do they have to make things so damn hard to locate. Sheesh!

-C_L-

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

I think you'd have found it without help if you read the manual. >_>

ALWAYS READ THE MANUAL FIRST. THEN LOOK IT UP ON THE WEB IF YOU CAN'T FIND IT. THIS THREAD SHOULD BE USED AS A LAST RESORT FOR QUESTIONS LIKE THAT. >_>
    not dead

Quote Originally Posted by ۞7HR45HM31573R۞

ALWAYS READ THE MANUAL FIRST. THEN LOOK IT UP ON THE WEB IF YOU CAN'T FIND IT. THIS THREAD SHOULD BE USED AS A LAST RESORT FOR QUESTIONS LIKE THAT. >_>
    In the Metroid Prime Hunters manual, not the wifi connection manual? Oops... god, its times like these that make me feel unbelievably dumb. Sorry 'bout posting that question. Ill look next time.

-C_L-

- Cobaltios

BonzaiMudkip Guest

I got this stupid error on my DS,the one that says 52200.It goes something like this,i try to connect to WiFi with Tetris DS,then that dumb error pops out.
    What the heck do i do now?I tryed to connect over and over,but the same message apears.

My DS wont assign me an IP, I've tried copying mine but it says invalid, only problem is I can't fill in the gateway field because I dont know where to find it.
    FC 4141-3205-9954
    Bug Type Safari with Pinsir. Just PM me your FC if you want to add me.

Also looking for shiny Sunkern and Rayquaza!

Okay, I've looked on www.nintendowifi.com, but it didn't offer a solution to my problem.

When I test the connection, it comes up with Error Code 52200 - "Connected to access point but unable to connect to server".
    Obviously, I can connect to the internet, and I suspect that my proxy server may be preventing me from connecting via Wi-Fi. Unfortunately, if I deactivate my proxy server, I am unable to connect to the internet.
    If my hunch is correct, then how can I connect using the Wi-Fi feature, getting past my proxy server? Or is there something else stopping me from connecting?
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

Well, I dont have a DS (yet) but I got a doubt about the Wi-fi. In the site www.nintendowifi.com theres a list of countrys with the wifi thing, what about the OTHER countrys? Dont those get acess to wifi or what?

By me

Quote Originally Posted by Safari Guard
    Well, I dont have a DS (yet) but I got a doubt about the Wi-fi. In the site www.nintendowifi.com theres a list of countrys with the wifi thing, what about the OTHER countrys? Dont those get acess to wifi or what?
    That's just the languages for the site, you can use the WFC in any country

Thanks! Was afraid I wouldnt be able to use it when I get a DS.

By me

Quote Originally Posted by ۞7HR45HM31573R۞
    Actually, that was a good question. I read the manual front to back, and it said nothing about finding your FC. Nothing.

Default Consistent MPH problems

I keep on getting stupid errors like 87001 or 85500! Any help? I looked it up on the site, nintendowifi, but no dice.
    Infrequent user. Drop me a PM if you'd like to speak with me for whatever reason.

Before you ask, no, I am not DeoxysPrime from YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxys Prime
    I keep on getting stupid errors like 87001 or 85500! Any help? I looked it up on the site, nintendowifi, but no dice.
    Don;t worry about it. I think it's just a server glitch. pretty sure it is. They said on NSider they're trying to fix it.

Hi I am all set to start playing my game on my wifi but it's taking an hour to "Testing the Connection." Does it usually take this long? Help please...
    [IMG]http://i25.*******.com/2m7vzfd.png[/IMG]

Hi I am all set to start playing my game on my wifi but it's taking an hour to "Testing the Connection." Does it usually take this long? Help please...
    It shouldn't do that. I suggest reseting and try to test the connection again.
    Full FB Profile

Gotcha Thanks!

Edit: Works Great!
    [IMG]http://i25.*******.com/2m7vzfd.png[/IMG]

Well I just installd my WiFi adaptor and it wont work when it trys to conduct the WiFi test. It gives me Error Code: 52003 and it can't find my IP adress or something any help?
    I have claimed the incredibly HAWT Eureka as my bishie!

Pic by Pearl Mode

Currently Reading: Thank You for Smoking
    Currently Playing: Mario Kart DS
    Currently obsessed with: Eureka SeveN

Blinkie made by Kamileah

Well I just installd my WiFi adaptor and it wont work when it trys to conduct the WiFi test. It gives me Error Code: 52003 and it can't find my IP adress or something any help?
    It would help if you gave us your router model and manufacturer.

Your computer is probably behind a firewall
    Full FB Profile

NINTENDO WIFI ADAPTOR. We disbaled pretty much anything that could possibly stop it but it still isn't working.
    I have claimed the incredibly HAWT Eureka as my bishie!

Pic by Pearl Mode

Currently Reading: Thank You for Smoking
    Currently Playing: Mario Kart DS
    Currently obsessed with: Eureka SeveN

Blinkie made by Kamileah

$%^Shiney Pokemon !@# Guest

Does the nintendo wifi thing come with Diamond / Pearl or do we have to buy it seperatly?

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast