Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Official Nintendo Network Help Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Your question is confusingly worded. You say you have a 3DS, but do you have a DS as well, and is that what you're asking about? Or is the 3DS the "DS" you're asking about?
    No I meant the 3DS, sorry. I have figured out what the problem is though and it's because my router settings are WPA or whatever that is and I need to change it to WEP. I have gone onto my IP home address and everything trying to figure out how to change it to WEP from WPA however it only gives me 4 options, none that are WEP. I have one option which is none, then the other 3 options are all WPA related (like WPA-TSK or something like that). So how can I get it to WEP if my router settings don't allow me to do it? Or can it just not be done.
    Last edited by golduck#1; 11th March 2013 at 7:30 AM.
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

There's no reason your router settings shouldn't allow you to downgrade to the security to WEP. Consult the documentation for your router.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I have a question about the wireless connection on 3DS, hope this is the right thread.

I just moved to a new place, so I have a new connection. My laptop connected instantly, and I connected my DSi just fine too. However, the very same setting working on DSi don't seem to work on my 3DS. The router and the security are the exact same type as the one I had before, so it's really not because of the type of router or security. I'm using a WPA2-PSK security mode.

I can find the access point, has full signal, but then it fails the connection test like if the security key was wrong...

Did this happen to anyone? Why can the DSi connect but not the 3DS?
    Last edited by Fire Hero; 11th March 2013 at 9:02 AM.

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Total Ranked Double Battle Record: W47 L20
    Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W56 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    There's no reason your router settings shouldn't allow you to downgrade to the security to WEP. Consult the documentation for your router.
    I know that's what I thought but it just doesn't and I don't know why! I even watched one of the same type routers be able to connect to a WEP so I am just so confused at this time .
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Hey. I've been struggling for already a very long while with wifi connections problems with both of my SS and B games on my 3DS. I've called my router's company's support department but they did not succeed helping me out with it. Today I talked with them another time, and they checked for solutions for my specific error which the device shows. They found this link which is supposed to help. They sent me the IP address of my router aswell so I can follow its instructions. Here's the link, http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc...ystem=3DS&loca

The device says the IP I filled is wrong, although I got it directly from the company itself. What can I do? I've nearly tried everything.

Is the only way to connect a DS Lite to a wifi to use WEP encryption on your router? I've tried almost everything else to get the wifi working and haven't had any success.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

That's correct. The DS and DS Lite can only connect via WEP encryption. Anything stronger and no dice.

-----
    Words to|live by

I want to try RNG on my White 2 game, but whenever I select the Wifi setup option, it says "Please configure your connection settings under the Internet option in the System Settings. For help, visit support.nintendo.com." My Wifi is working fine, and I can trade and stuff, but it just won't let me look at the Wifi settings from the menu. I need to if I want to do RNG, and I'm also curious. The same thing happens on my White. For my other games (Platinum and Heartgold), it doesn't do this. Please help me.
    DIE, PIKACHU. DIE.
    (Yes, I do hate Pikachu...)
    My White 2 Friend Code: 2194 5852 2842

Telling us what hardware you're playing on is a helpful start.

-----
    Words to|live by

Eh? Hardware? I'm playing the games on my DSi, if that's what you mean.
    DIE, PIKACHU. DIE.
    (Yes, I do hate Pikachu...)
    My White 2 Friend Code: 2194 5852 2842

Have you attempted actually venturing to your System Settings - not the game settings, the System Settings - and checking your Wi-Fi settings there?

-----
    Words to|live by

Hi! I did not read every page of this tread, but I find very contradicting infos on the net. I have a 3Ds and pokemon black 1 and 2. At home, I have a WPA encryption. I know it's easier with WPE, but does any one do wifi with WPA on a 3DS, or do you absolutely have to use WPE?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nicklas bes View Post
    Hi! I did not read every page of this tread, but I find very contradicting infos on the net. I have a 3Ds and pokemon black 1 and 2. At home, I have a WPA encryption. I know it's easier with WPE, but does any one do wifi with WPA on a 3DS, or do you absolutely have to use WPE?
    Thanks!
    You can use WPA on a 3DS alone, and it will work with pokémon games inserted as well, as long as they're Generation V. Btw, it's WEP, not WPE.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Hero View Post
    I have a question about the wireless connection on 3DS, hope this is the right thread.

I just moved to a new place, so I have a new connection. My laptop connected instantly, and I connected my DSi just fine too. However, the very same setting working on DSi don't seem to work on my 3DS. The router and the security are the exact same type as the one I had before, so it's really not because of the type of router or security. I'm using a WPA2-PSK security mode.

I can find the access point, has full signal, but then it fails the connection test like if the security key was wrong...

Did this happen to anyone? Why can the DSi connect but not the 3DS?
    Well... did you do the manual setup? If that's your case, then try change the method by automaticaly searching for an access point. You know, there could be something wrong in what you entered... Or were you just away from the router, when compared to your DSi attempt?

My question:
    Some time ago I transferred wifi settings from a DS to a 3DS, and I learned all that two separate settings thing. Now what I'm asking is: since Generation V games are DSi enhanced, and therefore pick the 3DS, not the DS settings, will there be any danger of losing FCs on those games when I first connect to WFC with them and the new system?
    Last edited by TheOriginalOne; 3rd September 2013 at 9:32 PM.
    Yes, I discovered the GB Sounds glitch! : video here

Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

Pearl FC: 2751-9028-8522
    Platinum FC: 3181-3995-0123
    SoulSilver FC: 0604-9190-1415
    Black FC: 1334-7065-6073
    White 2 FC: 0691-3271-0651

3DS FC: 1736-1030-9286

I am having issues on my 3ds. I can connect to friends list, but when inside the pokemon game, I cannot access the third friend safari pokemon or hidden abilities despite having beaten the elite four each. Is there a setting(s) that I need to activate to get the Wi-Fi to work in game?

How do i like see my friend code in Pokemon Y? I'm a newbie so hi everyone!
    Pokemon Omega Ruby Team:

What does it mean when you almost connect to the internet (I mean connect to the router, half way) and it loads the other half for 5 minutes but then it says something about the security of the connection?

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627