Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Because Of You (Contestshipping Songfic - G)

Wink Because Of You (Contestshipping Songfic - G)

Hey…lookie here. It’s my first thread in this place. O.o; That’s random. I’ve been a Contestshipper forever and it was the first ship I loved and adored. <3 So…I thought it would be a darn good time to write a song-fic for it. I’ve been told I’m a good writer, so it’s time to prove them right…

Of course, I’m still working on my other fanfictions in the works, such as VIRUS (Horror/Chaptered Fic) and Reckless My Soul (A s-CRY-ed fanfic), but I wanted to take a small break and write about my favorite Pokemon couple of Drew and May. ^_^ I got my inspiration from the Contestshipping Club and everyone writing there, but mainly because of Rose, Chelc, Sweet May, Shatoshi, Ember and Torchic23. I love you guys and this is totally for you. ^_^

Disclaimer: You know, just FYI, I HATE disclaimers. Oh, well, I don’t own Pokemon or nothing, I’m just a freak that likes the show. D:

‘Because You Live’ © Jesse McCartney

~*~*~*~*~

~**Because Of You**~
    ~**Contestshipping Song-Fic**~

~*~*~*~*~

Staring out at the rain, with a heavy heart,
    It's the end of the world in my mind…
    Then your voice pulls me back like a wake up call,
    I've been looking for the answer, somewhere…
    I couldn't see that it was right there,
    But now I know what I didn't know.

Drew stood on a hill facing the ocean. It’s crystal clear waters lapped at the beach below, forming a calm scenery. He watched on as his Flygon, a beautiful green dragon type pokemon, Roselia, a luscious grass type pokemon and Masquerain, a flying, bug type pokemon play on the ground below him. His light green hair blew in the slight breeze he felt. His identical colored eyes stared straight into the distance, his gaze seemingly going on for miles with no end in slightest. His light purple jacket waved in the air, causing him to become a little chilly.

It was almost winter and soon this whole hill would become covered in the fluffy powder known as snow. Sprinkles of rain fell onto him from the darkened sky. A thunderstorm was soon to follow, he figured. It really didn’t matter to him in the least. Rain was the least of his worries. The Grand Festival had just ended and he had fallen to a more formidable coordinator to go by the name of Robert.

He had last seen May the night before, telling her to never give up in what she believed in. Always to strive to be the best coordinator. Sometimes…he had to admit that it was hard to do that. You always seemed to come to second best, no matter how hard you tried.

So what was Drew’s reason for continuing on his journey to finally become the top coordinator in the Hoenn region? He’d probably rather ask someone else. It was just a compulsion he felt. He strived to always be the best. But what was there after being number one? Do you continue to train so you will always be number one?

Drew had contemplated these questions for months now. He took ribbons left and right, just to prove to everyone around him that he was one of the best. But the main person he wanted to impress was the young coordinator he hadn’t even meant to meet. And that was May.

Even he had to admit that she was a beautiful girl. She was also an impressive coordinator. She just needed something more in her battling and showmanship before she’d be number one. She was in inspiration sometimes. Just bringing him a little light into his life…

Because you live, and breathe…
    Because you make me believe in myself,
    When nobody else can help.
    Because you live girl,
    My world…
    Has twice as many stars in the sky…

Most recently, May had been betrayed by someone who she had thought to have been her friend. Harley was a devious person, tricking her into doing badly on appeals, so she wouldn’t make it. All for his stupid revenge. If Drew hadn’t been such a coward about showing his feelings for May, he probably would’ve pummeled Harley for doing what he did to May.

But, because of her determination to prove Harley wrong and to give a true fight, May fought brilliantly against Harley and defeated him.

That gave Drew just what he wanted. A good, clean and decisive match against May to see for himself how well his friend, and maybe something more, had done to prove herself as a coordinator.

It's all right, I survived, I'm alive again…
    Cuz you made it through every storm
    What is life, what's the use, if you're killing time?
    I'm so glad I found an angel, someone…
    Who was there when all my hopes fell.
    I wanna fly looking in your eyes.

Before a contest once, May had arrived at the Pokemon Center when he had just brought his Roselia there. It was seriously injured from a battle it had been in and it stop Drew from entering the contest. May seemed so mad at this person.

She was almost like his own guardian angel, even though he had never asked anyone to ever watch his back and give him help or support when he needed it the most. Whenever he was down, May would be right there just to tell him something to cheer him up.

Of course, he was himself and he’d reply with a smartelic remark. But that was just who he was and that was how his showed his love and feelings for someone who was precious to him.

Because you live, and breathe
    Because you make me believe in myself
    When nobody else can help
    Because you live girl (you live)
    my world (my world)
    Has twice as many stars in the sky

Because you live, I live

Because you live, there's a reason why…
    I carry on when I lose the fight.
    I want to give what you've given me…
    Always…

Drew now knew why he continued to fight on to become number one and that was to show that all the confidence that May had given him, and everything she had done for him wouldn’t be wasted ever in time.

Sure, she was just another girl in the world, but to Drew, she was someone that had helped him and had always supported him. In a small sentence, she was the best rival that he could’ve ever wished for.

The rain let up some and the clouds had all but disappeared. Sunlight beams rained down now onto him, warming him. He saw his pokemon had gone to rest under a tree in the distance. It brought a smile to the young coordinator’s face.

That was when he felt a presence…a familiar one behind him. That only made his grin grow even bigger. “Hello, May.”

The girl stopped walking as he did as well. The wind picked up again, blowing May’s brown hair and her red attire. Her eyes looked at him, staring straight into him, as if the girl was trying to read his mind.

“Oh…I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to intrude…I just wanted to tell you that I wished you didn’t lose the competition yesterday.” May’s voice flowed into his ears, the tone sounding so fragile.

“You don’t have to be sorry, May. I didn’t win because there’s always someone that’s better than you.” He turned to look at her and she started to smile. “You understand, right?”

She nodded. “Yeah.” She turned back and Drew saw in the distance her friends waiting for her. “Are you leaving soon?”

The boy turned back to his pokemon in the distance. “Probably. Are you?”

“Well…Ash is going to participate in the Hoenn League Tournament soon, and he wants to get to Ever Grande City to start practicing before the tournament actually starts.” May explained. “I came to say goodbye, since we won’t see each other for awhile.” Drew chuckled a bit, only causing May to frown. “What are you laughing at?”

“Nothing. Nothing at all.” He pulled a rose out of his jacket and put his up to her face. “Here. Take it.”

She reached for the rose and took it from him. “Uh…thanks.”

Because you make me believe in myself,
    When nobody else can help. (no one else can help)
    Because you live girl,
    my world… (my world…)
    Has twice as many stars in the sky.

“Of course, this isn’t like any other rose you’ve seen. This one is perfect. Look at the petals. Seamless and no wrinkles. Absolutely beautiful. Don’t you agree?” Drew lightly touched the red flower before stepping back. “Reminds me of someone…I’ll tell you when I remember.” He winked at her and turned around.

May blushed after he turned around. Ash, Brock and Max walked up behind her. “Come on, we need to go if we’re going to catch the boat to Ever Grande.” Max pulled on May’s shirt.

May waved her hand. “Yeah, I know.” She turned to leave when Drew’s smooth voice stopped her.

“May…never give up on your dreams. Never let them die. Just keep on pushing forward.” Drew said, softly. “Because if you never achieve your dreams, that’s what they’ll stay and they’ll never become reality.”

“Yeah…you’re right, Drew! I’ll try hard to become the number one coordinator and I’ll never give up!” May replied, happily. “Don’t you give up either Drew. You’re better than me, so you keep on going too.”

He chuckled again. “Sure. Of course I will. Goodbye, May. Until we meet again.”

He walked over to his pokemon and turned back to May, watching her and her friends walk to the pier, laughing and talking together.

Okay…maybe today wasn’t the day. But the day will come when I finally tell her the way I feel. Today wasn’t just right. But someday will be and I’ll await the arrival of that day, May. I just hope you wait for me too.’ Drew thought, smiling.

Because you make me believe in myself…
    When nobody else can help.
    Because you live girl, (cuz you live)
    My world has everything I need to survive.

Because you live, I live…
    I live.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

o.o;;; That was longer than expected. Oops. Heh. ^^; I hope you all enjoyed it anyway. There. I’ve achieved one thing on my Fanfiction To-Do List of 2006 and that was a CS Song-Fic One-Shot.

*checks*

Yay =D

Read and review please. :3 Flames are burned. To hell and back :O

I’ll also take requests for song-fics in any other shippings, even if I don’t support them So if you want a certain shipping done and you think I’m good at this, then request. D:
    Last edited by Mimori Kiryu; 28th February 2006 at 9:15 PM.
    (image beautifully drawn by pixiv user id #45323)
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/34il6ah.png[/IMG]
    Lelouch is watching over all of us.

OMFG! It's awesomeness written all over. Nice work, Mimori Kiryu. ^^ But it's Because You Live. Not Because of You.
    “May…never give up on your dreams. Never let them die. Just keep on pushing forward.” Drew said, softly. “Because if you never achieve your dreams, that’s what they’ll stay and they’ll never become reality.”
    So sweet. *smiles* I even played the song while reading this. I found other errors which is good I think. x.x
    But great job. ;D The other people should love it. <33
    Last edited by Sweet May; 26th February 2006 at 11:07 PM.

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

MIMORI! *hugs* I LOVE YOU. <3 (XD)

Now I have to write a fic. Well I've wanted to anyway but...[/is a procrastinator XD]

“Of course, this isn’t like any other rose you’ve seen. This one is perfect. Look at the petals. Seamless and no wrinkles. Absolutely beautiful. Don’t you agree?” Drew lightly touched the red flower before stepping back. “Reminds me of someone…I’ll tell you when I remember.” He winked at her and turned around.
    ^My favourite part! :3 I wish he could do something like that in the anime. ;;

I also like the song. It fits really well with the fic. ^^ I don't really see anything wrong with it, that, and I suck @ reviewing. XD I like the beginning though where you describe what Drew's feeling and the wind and everything. I like stuff like that. Also the ending...I loved it. I can picture him thinking something like that. ^^

[off topic - Do you have MSN? o_o]

Sweet May: I'm glad you read it ^^ I didn't think it was too good, but it works for me 8D I had little excerpts of my own that I put a lot of thought into that was one. D:

Chelc: CHELC!!! *hugs back* I <3 you too. D:

You should write one 8D It'll probably be better than mine. ;D

Description is the best and Drew is just a great and hot person to describe. It was fun. The song is one of my favorites and I always thought it fit well with Drew x May. D8

Unfortunately, no. ;_; I only have AOL. *sobs*

*Shipping fic thread is flooded with Contestshipping fics*

I never thought this day would come. x_x

Aside from that, I thought this fic was cute. Another song fic--Yay! You know, at first glance, I thought this fic would have Kelly Clarkson's 'Because of You' song. And I'm like, "How would that song work for a CS fic?" But it wasn't.

And as most everyone else says, you're a great writer! :3

And.. I agree with the quotes Sweet May and Chelc used.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelc
    Now I have to write a fic. Well I've wanted to anyway but...[/is a procrastinator XD]
    Join the club.. >_> *stalls*

Oh..My...Word.

That is so awesome, Mimori Kiryu. I love it, your descriptions were really good.
    I read this part and squeled, it was so sweet...I have no clue what to say, except awesome job, and I can't wait to see more of your fics you make. ^_^
    Last edited by WaterKrystal; 26th February 2006 at 11:34 PM.
    Favorite Quote:
    Mr.Moseby (to Zack and Cody) : All right, but I will get the both of you, and your little hawk too.
    - Suite Life of Zack and Cody

Aw, what an adorable little songfic! ^_^ I've always loved fics from Drew's point of view, since you never get to see what he's actually thinking on the show. I think you kept him well in character. ^^

“Reminds me of someone…I’ll tell you when I remember.”
    ^my favourite line, very clever.

Brioche: I noticed the flood of ficcys. D: I know about Kelly Clarkson's song and I know that song doesn't fit x_x I knew someone would think that song D:

Thanks for the complement. x3

WaterKrystal: Thanks. ;3 My descriptions I work so hard on. X_X

Thankies. I love that quote too. I had to think of something to describe the rose that would describe May. I guess what I decided was good. ;D

Wow, four responses in about 30 minutes. :O I didn't expect that.

OMG! Look at me, reading this. XD

Man, it was... calm, it has great description. Great job!

It really shows what Drew feels. =D

Okay, in other words, again, great job!
    Click if you dare. . . O:
    [IMG]http://i5.*******.com/453axpx.jpg[/IMG]
    Little sister/best friend of: Core Unit||Spammy twins with: Virtual Headache||Paired with: Karma Dude||I claimed: core unit, Karma Dude, Virtual Headache, and Nayana||My LJ||Banner by Umi Mizuno

*runs into thread*...found it! lol...thought I commet here too about you're fic, liked the song choice...he,he...awww, Drew is so...Drew^^ I thought this was fic was really cute, good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Mimori Kiryu

WaterKrystal: Thanks. ;3 My descriptions I work so hard on. X_X

Thankies. I love that quote too. I had to think of something to describe the rose that would describe May. I guess what I decided was good. ;D
    Your welcome, and yea, I think what you decided what pretty good, and probably could describe how Shuu thinks of Haruka in a way, we never really know, Shuu is mysterious.
    Favorite Quote:
    Mr.Moseby (to Zack and Cody) : All right, but I will get the both of you, and your little hawk too.
    - Suite Life of Zack and Cody

Brioche: I noticed the flood of ficcys. D: I know about Kelly Clarkson's song and I know that song doesn't fit x_x I knew someone would think that song D:

Thanks for the complement. x3
    You're welcome! Yeah, SOMEBODY had to comment about that song. Where I live, it plays 24/7 and I'm really starting to loathe it. Ah well, review, fellow shippers!

Awesomeness. You have a gift for descriptive writing, no doubt about that. Your descriptions really gave me images on where they were. I loved how this was in Drew's POV. It's nice to know how a mysterious person like him thinks. Keep up the great work!

take me somewhere stars are still asleep.

Awesome! I had some favorite parts, like these:

She was almost like his own guardian angel,
    Pure sweetness. ^-^

“Nothing. Nothing at all.” He pulled a rose out of his jacket and put his up to her face. “Here. Take it.”

She reached for the rose and took it from him. “Uh…thanks.”
    Classical! ^w^

‘Okay…maybe today wasn’t the day. But the day will come when I finally tell her the way I feel. Today wasn’t just right. But someday will be and I’ll await the arrival of that day, May. I just hope you wait for me too.’ Drew thought, smiling.
    You had better do that, Drew. We CSers will be waiting impatiently for that day...

Awesomeness. I wish I could hear the song. ;_; A lot of description, though the time seemed to go by sooo slowly and not much action involved, but hey, that just makes it all the more beautiful and romantic. ^-^

Friends Forever
    My tumblr or something: x

Nice story! I like the way how you describe things and all. It`s very well written. Great job!^^
    Black cat the rock <33

"Fukitsu wo todokenikitaze"
    "I've come to deliver some back luck"- Train Heartnet XIII

So many replies!!! ^_^ I thank you all so much for reading this! I didn't spend too much time on this, but it turned out so good. D:

Keep replying people.

Awwww Drew being all wise. Well its better than him being dorky and saying things like 'phoney bolongy' XD
    Its good! ^_^
    Gamer, film fanatic, wannabe animator, concept artist and 3D environment artist, and general nerd

All contestshippers must go here. And if your not a contestshipper go here anyway.

Thanks, Lara. I tried to make it as realistic as humanly possible D: Drew would be as sarcastic as he could to May, but in his mind, want to tell her how much he cares. <3

umbreon43085 Guest

I figured that you would find this eventually, ratiasu. Anyway, great songfic, mimori kiryu. I think that the song fits perfectly. Am I the only one with a bit of negativity? It's just that I cant quite imagine where drew and May are...

Anyway, us rabid contestshippers like this fic. Keep wrighting *Winks*

Chelc: CHELC!!! *hugs back* I <3 you too. D:

You should write one 8D It'll probably be better than mine. ;D

Description is the best and Drew is just a great and hot person to describe. It was fun. The song is one of my favorites and I always thought it fit well with Drew x May. D8

Unfortunately, no. ;_; I only have AOL. *sobs*
    I'm working on it! Just... don't know when I'll be done/whatever. XD

NOOO. ;_; Well look out for a random PM from me. XD

Wow this is great! Like everyone else has said, you used great descrption, and I thought the song was gonna be Kelly Clarkson's Because of You. Anyways, you did an awsome job! You have great writing skills, and you really showed it! I hope you make more! You rock!

Of course, I’m still working on my other fanfictions in the works, such as VIRUS (Horror/Chaptered Fic) and Reckless My Soul (A s-CRY-ed fanfic), but I wanted to take a small break and write about my favorite Pokemon couple of Drew and May. ^_^ I got my inspiration from the Contestshipping Club and everyone writing there, but mainly because of Rose, Chelc, Sweet May, Shatoshi, Ember and Torchic23. I love you guys and this is totally for you. ^_^
    Wow, thanks!
    Last edited by Torchic23; 1st March 2006 at 1:39 AM.

I love it!! I want to read more!!

???

Amy Rin Guest

I think this is a story with one chatper,but i might not be write.still its good and i like it very much caus it is well righten and contetshippy.I am still learning that word,sorry.

Wow I LOVED IT!!!!! It was soooooo good!!! you did a great job!! (I like the ending and ya I bet May will wait for him!1 plus it went perfectly with the song!!)
    twins with: Uza-chan | paired with: Staryu
    pkmn trainer Light → 1 badge. 3 [oshawott, pansear, munna]. nacrene city ♥

*squeal* That was so cute! >_<
    I love the description, especially in the beginning. I also love the cuteness at the end...and yes the song fits the way the plot was going. Excellent.
    There are a few grammatical errors, like in some instances you shifted to present when the past was being spoken about, but I'm sure with one more glancing proofread, you'll spot them.
    Good work, nonetheless! ^^ I enjoyed it very much.
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast