Thread: Konnichiwa! -A Proper Introduction-

Smile Konnichiwa! -A Proper Introduction-

Hello! I'm Tayuri. I've been a Pokemon addict for years now, used Serebii for a long time, and been lurking on Serebii's forums for quite some time now.

Personally, I live in the US, although my dream is to be fluent in Japanese and travel there someday. I play all the GBA games obsessively, and bought a GameCube just to play the Pokemon games. I've never been really into the Anime of Pokemon, nor the manga of it, but I am a GBA addict. I'm an avid reader of manga over watching anime, and I like to try to do pixel art. I'd love sugestions on things like that. Are there any tutorials for Pokemon mixes or the sort? I'd love to be able to do my own shop some day.

So... That pretty much sums me up. =) It's a pleasure.
    Last edited by Tayuri; 2nd March 2006 at 2:29 AM.

^ Courtesy of Yukitsukai ^
    - - - -

.favorites.
    - - - -
    I am full of the life that the goddess gave me-
    But I would not move one muscle for you.
    All I believe in is finally fading,
    Kisses without breathing,
    Bruises without Blue.

Power to the otaku!! Welcome to SPPf, fellow Otaku. Someone should come along and post a guide with some useful links for you.
    Over eight years old and still running strong. Second oldest active running thread in the VG forum.

Homura Guest

^^ Welcome. I myself just signed up yesterday, however I just felt it was proper to return a proper introduction.

Ahh...we share the same dreams, that's very nice. ^^ I'd really like to get to know you in the near future.

Well, I'll see you later! ^__^

Quote Originally Posted by Tayuri
    Hello! I'm Tayuri. I've been a Pokemon addict for years now, used Serebii for a long time, and been lurking on Serebii's forums for quite some time now.

Personally, I live in the US, although my dream is to be fluent in Japanese and travel there someday. I play all the GBA games obsessively, and bought a GameCube just to play the Pokemon games. I'm an avid reader of manga over watching anime, and I like to try to do pixel art. I'd love sugestions on things like that. Are there any tutorials for Pokemon mixes or the sort? I'd love to be able to do my own shop some day.

So... That pretty much sums me up. =) It's a pleasure.
    Welcome. It seems that we share intrests. I also wish to live in the Land of the Rising Sun and speak fluent Japanese. And you will find tutorials in the Fan Art section under spriting. I also suggest applying at the Adpot a Newbie Agency, run by Yiggy. I hope I can get to know you better, as I feel we might be good friends.

{ASB} [FB] (dA) ~JSfSN~
    Thanks to Sammi for this banner.

[jerichi]

A new fanfic by yours truly.
    E.S.P.A.S.
    "I hope your mother dies in a silo explosion." ~ The Mozz

It's not easy
    being green.

Akilah Imani Guest

Welcome to SPPF, Tayuri.

Meet your new best friend, he's always there if you need anything, so feel free to consult him at anytime.

Er...yeah >_>

Psycho

Welcome Tayuri! Glad you finally came to this forum! I am interested in both the anime and the game, but liked the game a little more to be honest. Well, I think Stardust25, Locke Yggdrasill, or another member will put a small guide on the links for newbies like User Cp and Get your Signature Checked. Read those links and you will get a good head start in Serebii Forums. Anyways, read and follow the rules, stay active, and have fun!

Tumblr | FFnet | Author's Profile| Archive of Our Own | Banner: Umi Mizuno
    I'm still writing, but probably not much Pokemon stuff at the moment. HAM!

Hi dude! Welcome to SPPf and enjoy your stay! PM me for any needed help! and read the rules!
    Last edited by (((Kuwagata Kross))); 2nd March 2006 at 4:01 AM.

[WHATCHA]
    [TALKIN']
    ['BOUT]
    [MAN?]

Welcome to SPPf, Tayuri. I bet you'll basically live in the Fan-art section. xD
    there are some guides for the things you requested in the Fan-sprite section, IIRC. Oh, and you may have seen Jerichi refer to a member, "Yiggy". That'd be me. ;D

Now, here are some links for your well-being.

User CP - Customize your signature and profile, set options, choose a pregiven avatar, upload a profile picture if you want. Play around with it.
    "I'm new" - Not an excuse - by SMod Latios.
    Reading the first post, it helps! - by SMod Latios.
    Get your Signature Checked!!! - Remember to read the first post, and then check your signature ONLY here that it doesn't break any rules. Midnight Eefi is one of the authorized members to check sigs, along with Eszett and Jenni and three moderators.
    Newbie Help Topic and FAQ
    Search Tool - your friendly tool, rather than a "friend."
    Adopt-A-Newbie Agency - for newbies to be adopted, or adoptees to adopt a newbie.. Adoption is for older members to help around the newer ones. The owner, Locke Yggdrasill(that'd be me) is a loveable, outgoing guy so listen to him or be reported. Midnight Eefi is an assistant there, along with PhQnix.

Staff
    Italicized = Moderator.
    Ialicized+ = Moderator +
    Bold = Super Moderator, or SMod.
    Bold & Italicized = Administrator.

Additionally, SPPf stands for Serebii Pokémon Pages forums.

Have fun, stay active, and stay out of trouble. Feel free to PM me for anything. ;D

Wow, you're all so friendly so quickly. ^^

^^ Welcome. I myself just signed up yesterday, however I just felt it was proper to return a proper introduction.

Ahh...we share the same dreams, that's very nice. ^^ I'd really like to get to know you in the near future.
    Pleasure to meetcha, Homura! Glad to meet a fellow newbie. ^^;;

Welcome. It seems that we share intrests. I also wish to live in the Land of the Rising Sun and speak fluent Japanese. And you will find tutorials in the Fan Art section under spriting. I also suggest applying at the Adpot a Newbie Agency, run by Yiggy. I hope I can get to know you better, as I feel we might be good friends.
    Oh, thank you very much for the good advice. I just applied to the adoption agency, and I'm of to check those tutorials immediately. So many people are so nice here!

Welcome to SPPF, Tayuri.

Meet your new best friend, he's always there if you need anything, so feel free to consult him at anytime.

Er...yeah >_>

Psycho
    Haha! Thanks there, it's always good to have a constant friend. =3

Welcome Tayuri! Glad you finally came to this forum! I am interested in both the anime and the game, but liked the game a little more to be honest. Well, I think Stardust25, Locke Yggdrasill, or another member will put a small guide on the links for newbies like User Cp and Get your Signature Checked. Read those links and you will get a good head start in Serebii Forums. Anyways, read and follow the rules, stay active, and have fun!
    Alright, will do. I did read the rules and the signature post, I think I'll be alright.

Have fun, stay active, and stay out of trouble. Feel free to PM me for anything. ;D
    Wow, thanks for all the links! =) The overwhelming loads of nice people... Have I just been on mean forums before?
    Last edited by Tayuri; 2nd March 2006 at 2:59 AM.

- - - -

.favorites.
    - - - -
    Bruises without Blue.

Welcome Tayuri! I'm Torchic23!

Please read the rules, don't use random similies, and don't post spam!

If you have any questions send me a pm

Have a nice day! Torchic23

BTW, I've always wanted to speak Japanese too and I really wanna go there someday, so I guess we share the same dream

Konbanwa! ^o^ Welcome to SPPf. Take time to double check the rules and get used to them, breaking them is a no-no. :/

Have fun, and remember, if you make a friend, be sure to add them to your buddy list (adding a + next to their name to easily find them on the active users list) or write down their name and search them on the member's list. Because friends are important. =O
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Welcome to SPPf, Tayuri and make sure you have read the rules and everything. Because rabid Plusles of the lovable ruler PsiUmbreon will devour you whole if you do not, or your signature if it breaks the rules intentionally.

Have fun, stay active, and everything. Feel free to PM me for anything~
    [IMG]http://i36.*******.com/1629qpx.jpg[/IMG]

Hi and welcome to SPPf! ^_^

Welcome to Sppf, Tayuri! Alright, we have the same dream when it comes to learning the language of Japanese and traveling to Japan, too! *gives you a high five*

Quote Originally Posted by Tayuri
    The overwhelming loads of nice people... Have I just been on mean forums before?
    No, I doubt that. Sppf has a lot of nice people willing to greet newcomers. ^^

"A dagger can be concealed in a smile." -Chinese Proverb
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan question
    Why do you like Tenten? She's weak, useless and does nothing. Plus, she just uses WEAPONS.
    Me: You just answered my question for me. I've always been interested in weapons from childhood from watching so many Chinese movies. Also, the fact that she does absolutely nothing too important appeals to me. A lot of background characters appeal to me.

*Welcomes*

If you ever need any help with spriting, I am always glad to assist a beginner
    [img]http://i40.*******.com/2h87rs3.png[/img]
    Animal Crossing City Folk: 0216-5064-9726

tenten i also want to travel to japan and learn there language
    l BFF: Chaos Emerald l

Guess the Lyrics and singer/band:

Winnners:
    PM me to answer

#1 Panic! at the disco fan

Hello and welcome. I'm not too into Japanese. I seem more interested in Spanish, Greek, and Japanese. Oops...Have a good time here at SPPF.
    Check here for my Gijinka Project. (Alright, so I'm not good with advertising, is that such a big problem?)
    Check here for my comic series, Fettuccine and Friends. (Well, at least I'm trying to advertise.)

Hello and thank you, everyone. ^^

- - - -

.favorites.
    - - - -
    Bruises without Blue.

konnichiwa
    l BFF: Chaos Emerald l

Guess the Lyrics and singer/band:

Winnners:
    PM me to answer

#1 Panic! at the disco fan

Welcome,to Serebii.net Forums
    1.Don't post just enything like''Ummm''just to post ö_ö
    2.Don't post usless threads and look If the thread you wan't to post Is already there
    3.Don't use random smilie's like this all over the page
    4.liston to the rule's
    5.Have,fun

Alright, thank you much.

One Question: Is there anyone who EV trains who's willing to answer a question of mine? I'm not completely positive what board it would go on.
    Last edited by Tayuri; 3rd March 2006 at 3:13 PM.

- - - -

.favorites.
    - - - -
    Bruises without Blue.

----------------------
    {Bishie} Shinichi Kudou {Twin} Shigeru-Kun {Pair} Edward Elric

Mm, thanks for the link, but I have read through that guide. My question may seem a little obvious, but, my apologies. Say... A Whismur gives one HP EV when defeated, and when the Pokemon is holding the Macho Brace, they get 2 EVs. But Lickitung is said to give 2 HP EVs, With a Macho Brace, would that become 4? Or with Pokerus, would that become 8? Or is the maximum you can get is four? Sorry. ^^;;

- - - -

.favorites.
    - - - -
    Bruises without Blue.

No, you have it right. With a Macho brace, you get four, and with Pokerus too, you get eight. ^^

----------------------
    {Bishie} Shinichi Kudou {Twin} Shigeru-Kun {Pair} Edward Elric

Thanks so much. ^^

- - - -

.favorites.
    - - - -
    Bruises without Blue.