Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Curbing The Crimson Tide! (443)

Quote Originally Posted by ghost master
    because the writers were trying to prove that she just relied on that device for it to be strong and never actually trained it. A level 100 dunsparce can beat a level 5 mew anyday the same can happen with scizor too.
    Of course let's ignore the fact that Squirtle isn't exactly well trained either. At least Scizor won matches, even if it with the help of that device.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    And just a quick note...look familliar?
    Holy shins! o_@

About the last thing I expected was to see something undeniably from the original Kanto.

You know, at first I was glad to see that picture, but now I think I'm feeling even more resentment than before towards the writers. This proves without a doubt that they do remember the original Kanto, yet are completely against making any ties with it.

And uh... are they actually in that house during the episode? Because if they actually went there and there was no trace of the insomniacs I will smash something. 8D
    Last edited by Heracross; 4th March 2006 at 5:32 AM.
    ~

The return of the Unfailing Squirtle Bias. Figured as much.

Face it guys, it was a good fight. Squirtle got its behind kicked at first, which is how it should be, but when it battled Scizor without its tech, under the traditional conduction of a rookie trainer, a win really isn't that ridiculous. The girl just wanted someone to play/battle with, as far as I could figure out, and was clearly an inexperienced trainer, relying on Hyper Beam and Swift as its only attacks. So pitting her against an experienced coordinator who knows how to think on her feet in battle, what's so hard to accept about Squirtle winning?

May's strategy was simple, but effective. When Scizor dodged the Water Gun and it made a puddle, she noticed this and had Squirtle use Ice Beam. Scizor dodged too, but the Ice Beam froze the ground, effectively killing the speed advantage since Scizor couldn't get its footing. Then Squirtle slid along the ice in a Rapid Spin, powering it up with the extra speed, and won.

I really don't think there's anything to complain about here, once you look at everything.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Feh, I won't be able to say whether or not I thought it was cheap until I see the episode, but at the end of the day I'll still hate the thing.
    ~

50.....uh....points for the first person to name the song that played during the fight at the end!!

That was not the Pokemon Fan Club place from Drowzee's Naptime, as that was the girl's house. Yeah, but I noticed the simmilarities alot.

The butler looked famillar as well, as did the girl with the Chansey, and the filler kids.

It's official. They're trying to p/ss us off.
    ~

Woooow. This episode REALLY didn't turn out how I expected it to. Like, AT ALL.

First off, WTF? What's the Point in Scizor disguising itself if it still looks like a Scizor in its costume? I mean, that rather defeats the purpose of it all.

As most people did, I cheered when Squirtle lost. But what do the writers have to do? Yes, they give him a rematch where he totally owns him. That's believable >.>
    And it's not like he needed it all that much. Squirtle has already proven itself to be an uber and has gotten plenty of limelight, not to mention it's merely appealing in the next episode, so why didn't Eevee take Scizor on? C'MON!

Other than that, I can't really comment on this episode until I see it in motion. It seems to be kind of jumpy...especially when the girl gets involved and randomly spews "I challenge youz!"

Oy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiiest.Combusken
    First off, WTF? What's the Point in Scizor disguising itself if it still looks like a Scizor in its costume? I mean, that rather defeats the purpose of it all.
    Obviously, so other people wouldn't see the speaker and stuff it had.

Does anyone know why the girl has the Scizor like that, and why she was sad.......

Pinetree Missile though....wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Obviously, so other people wouldn't see the speaker and stuff it had.
    Wait...what exactly did the speaker do? The little girl talked through it to make Scizor sound like a human, right?

Still, if you want to pass off as a human, it's understandable to have a red mask and some crazy gloves, but spikes protruding from your back?
    That's a little obvious... [then again, this is coming from a group who won't recognize Team Rocket if they have different shirts on >.>]

Yes, but it wasn't just a speaker. The Scizor had some sort of targeting mechanism on it as well. That would explain its reliance on beam/projectile attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    Does anyone know why the girl has the Scizor like that, and why she was sad.......

Pinetree Missile though....wtf?
    By "like that", you mean set up with that tech, right? As shown in the brief flashback, the girl seems quite electronically inclined.
    Last edited by Geodude; 4th March 2006 at 1:44 AM.

*Still waiting for someone to name the song, been looking all night*

I noticed this episode had a lot of Deoxy Music in it.

Also, I really didn't get how Sceptile "flew". I mean, the wind blew him, but not that hard!

WTF. This episode is screwed. And I've seen screwed episodes. I was happy when Squirtle got its but kicked. But then, the writers do what they always do. The gang CANNOT lose. I mean, rapid spin shouldn't have done anything to it. Sceptile jumping off buildings is understandable.

As I have gone over already:

-Scizor is a strong Pokemon, yes, but it was in the hands of a rookie trainer, one who relied on two long-distance attacks that most Pokemon can learn, and who didn't take advantage of anything about Scizor except its speed.

-This rookie trainer didn't have the experience to deal with situations in battle such as a changing battlefield.

-Gaining speed by sliding across the ice powered up Rapid Spin, which has always been stronger in the anime than in the games.

-And the girl learned from it, which was the point.

She could've learned from a Combusken Fire Spin instead, eh! Who's with me men!?
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

I wouldv'e settled with a Shadow Ball from Eevee, or Munchlax punching it *OMG I LOVE YOU MUNCHLAX!*....

But, Squirtle?

Quote Originally Posted by ash5550
    The gang CANNOT lose.
    That sorta goes with being a hero or a main character... you're usually going to win, often in spite of the odds.
    Last edited by JazzJazz; 4th March 2006 at 2:41 AM.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007
    Hello Yamato - chan ... Haruka´s Squirtle rules!!!
    [shrugs] Meh. Here's hoping you end banned for user-bashing and/or enciting flame wars real soon.

Woah, hold the phone. What was that song playing during the Scizor vs. Squirtle battle? I've never heard that one before, and it totally caught me off guard. I suspect it was used during one of the original versions of the movies?
    That song was listed in the ending credits. It's titled "Watashi, Makenai! ~Haruka no Teema~" (I, won't lose! ~Haruka's Theme~).

As for the episode itself, I didn't really enjoy it that much. Sceptile got a decent battle with some great moves, but apart from that and Squirtle having a Hyper Beam rain down on top of it, that was the only decent part.
    I didn't give a Ratata's arse about random filler girl and her plight, nor did I honestly care less about the Red Lighting's endevours. Though I must admit, I was rather surprised that he turned out to be an actual Scizor. Truth be told, I really wasn't expecting that at all ^^;

Also, the rematch between Squirtle and Scizor was total bullshit.
    Agreed, on all counts. Zenigame finally got the loss it deserved after all of its over-glorification by the writers earlier on. Why the hell did they feel the need to redeem it? The episode should've just ended on Hassamu losing to Jukain (which, as nice of a battle as it was, was already pretty screwed up enough with Jukain riding on the wind as it did. And what was the deal with Hassamu using Hyper Beam on a window that Jukain jumped off of, only for it to result in a dust cloud like when it hit a brick wall earlier in the episode. Just a little glass shattering would've added for some nice realism there. For that matter, as rich as she may be, does Luna have any consideration for collateral damage?).

Although, there were a couple other things I enjoyed about the episode that Gravy didn't mention, like the fact that Satoshi-tachi were ordering around Rocket Dan to follow in their balloon (and they got blown away immediately afterwards, keeping their role to a nice minimum), and of course, the new opening had me f***in' psyched. Hassamu was also pretty cool and nicely shadey when he was disguised as the Red Lightning. Overall, this episode started off on a very good note, but turned to utter crap at the end (as I said in the speculation thread for next week's episode, this is further worsened by the fact that Glory Day's still the ending, and Zenigame's doing an appeal in the preview). Well, at least now I can happily say the turtle has a loss under its belt.... a loss that actually involved KOing and not running to mommy after one hit.

Speaking of screwed-up things in this episode, why did Takeshi say that Hassamu shouldn't be able to fly? Pretty much every Hassamu that's appeared in the anime thus far has been able to fly. The wings aren't for decoration (even though the games and such make it seem that way). Luna replies to Takeshi by commenting that her Hassamu's special, but it appears that it was just riding the gusts of wind (which was also screwed up, as I said before).

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    The return of the Unfailing Squirtle Bias. Figured as much.

Face it guys, it was a good fight. Squirtle got its behind kicked at first, which is how it should be, but when it battled Scizor without its tech, under the traditional conduction of a rookie trainer, a win really isn't that ridiculous. The girl just wanted someone to play/battle with, as far as I could figure out, and was clearly an inexperienced trainer, relying on Hyper Beam and Swift as its only attacks. So pitting her against an experienced coordinator who knows how to think on her feet in battle, what's so hard to accept about Squirtle winning?

May's strategy was simple, but effective. When Scizor dodged the Water Gun and it made a puddle, she noticed this and had Squirtle use Ice Beam. Scizor dodged too, but the Ice Beam froze the ground, effectively killing the speed advantage since Scizor couldn't get its footing. Then Squirtle slid along the ice in a Rapid Spin, powering it up with the extra speed, and won.

I really don't think there's anything to complain about here, once you look at everything.
    You said it yourself: Hyper Beam and Swift. They're projectile attacks, and they're shot from Hassamu's claws. Seriously, as Zenigame was Rapid Spinning towards Hassamu while it was on its back, I was desperately hoping Hassamu would just lift one of its arms and blast that damned turtle to high hell again as it was approaching.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    She could've learned from a Combusken Fire Spin instead, eh! Who's with me men!?
    F*** yeah! I'm surprised they haven't shown more of that thing, considering A) it's Haruka's starter, and B) it recently learned a new attack in the form of Mega Kick, which it only showed off in one battle.
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 4th March 2006 at 3:03 AM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

I have never ever ever heard of Haruka's Theme......a new song?

Saw the pictures and I can't wait for the episode!

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

http://www.auraguardians.net/

NOTE: The site is not up yet so the link will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    You said it yourself: Hyper Beam and Swift. They're projectile attacks, and they're shot from Hassamu's claws. Seriously, as Zenigame was Rapid Spinning towards Hassamu while it was on its back, I was desperately hoping Hassamu would just lift one of its arms and blast that damned turtle to high hell again as it was approaching.
    Again, rookie trainer. It probably never occurred to Luna that Scizor could do that.

I agree on the hilarity of Ash & co climbing in TR's balloon and making them follow Scizor. There's a first.
    Last edited by Geodude; 4th March 2006 at 4:08 AM.

No, but she certainly relied on Hyper Beam enough that you'd think she'd use it.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

i'm confused... was the scizor able to talk when it was in the machinery?

and that skyscraper with the house looks just like the one in the episode where misty captures psyduck. Hypno's naptime, i think.
    You never were there....but you never were here, either...
    This the Prince Manaphy, my bishie. *hugs*
    Thanks to Coronis for the Manaphy sprite and ~*SeijisSeviper*~ for the Anti-Manaphy!

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Rekkuza Ryuu*~
    i'm confused... was the scizor able to talk when it was in the machinery?
    No. Luna was talking through the speaker, except using her tech to alter her voice.

This episode is quite confusing to follow... even with all these explanations.

And once again Butterfree does absolutely nothing... From the episode pictures they really didn't need Butterfree in there. What a waste of major potential... once again... And what is up with it spinning away?

The Eh No Make Li'Dat Crew
    Crew|Notepad|PC|DT

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast