Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 122

Thread: Curbing The Crimson Tide! (443)

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ares Vallis
    Posts
    5,311

    Default

    This nauseates me.

    -So the Red Inazuma draws on its victims' faces huh? That might have been amusing if it wasn't Purin's trademark gag.
    -What's this? A strange crisis? Surely the source must be that mysterious rooftop mansion. Very original.
    -And what do you know? Apparently it's a private residence all of a sudden. Or maybe there are two nearly identical mansions in the same vicinity both perched on top of skyscrapers. Right.
    -To add salt to the wound, that girl who owned the Lucky looked just like the girl in episode 27 who thought she was a Butterfree.
    -Even the damn park Haruka was in resembled the park in episode 27.

    Ffs, have they no shame? If they're so desperate for material, why don't they just quit f***ing around and tie in with the first season already, instead of pulling s*** like this?

    This episode is a travesty.
    Last edited by Heracross; 4th March 2006 at 6:02 AM.
    ~

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cape Cod; MA
    Posts
    2,064

    Default

    Again, rookie trainer. It probably never occurred to Luna that Scizor could do that.
    The Scizor must be some sort of bodyguard for Luna. She's had it since it was a Scyther--not exactly a Pokémon you'd want to give to a 8 year old girl starting out...T_T

    Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    outskirts of Wylie Texas
    Posts
    815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    -And what do you know? Apparently it's a private residence all of a sudden. Or maybe there are two nearly identical mansions in the same vicinity both perched on top of skyscrapers. Right.
    -To add salt to the wound, that girl who owned the Lucky looked just like the girl in episode 27 who thought she was a Butterfree.
    -Even the damn park Haruka was in resembled the park in episode 27.
    It would have been fine I think if they had included some brief explanation about how the insomniac's group doesn't meet there anymore, the building was brought by a rich family and such. But I doubt they did.

    <><><>

    However, as pointless as Squirtle's rematch was I don't think anyone should be upset about the result. I mean think about it.

    1. The Scizor had been battling all day beating little Pokemon.

    2. It had just been seriously beaten and thrashed by Ash's Sceptile.

    3. It had lost the tech it relied on for targeting its attacks.

    I mean barely a few minutes passed between fighting Sceptile and it fighting Squirtle. OF COURSE SQUIRTLE WON!!! Its no example of uberness (nor was the Ariados battle, that Ariados was weak), any pokemon with any real training could have probably beaten an exhausted Scizor commanded by a rookie who formerly relied on gadgets in battle.

    I personally have no real problem with Scizor appearing again. This is the first time we've seen it doing Hyper Beams that looked cool (the one Ash battled with Torkoal was poorly animated). Yes other Pokemon need screentime more, but I really don't think Scizor is as over presented as some think it is.

    Of course, the spiderman-type fight by Sceptile was the most awesome part of the episode period. Can't go wrong with a giant gecko dragon leaping about on skyscrapers, I love how they're keeping his agility and ability to stick to smooth surfaces.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Good points as usual Pokemon Fan, adding to Squirtle's defense. I never thought of a couple of those.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    Or maybe there are two nearly identical mansions in the same vicinity both perched on top of skyscrapers. Right.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=penthouse

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ares Vallis
    Posts
    5,311

    Default

    I guess that was supposed to be clever. :/

    How many penthouses have you seen that are built like a huge stone mansion? Ok, maybe there are a couple around, especially in a big city like Tamamushi, but these looked exactly the same. The hedges, the trees, even the fountain, everything was the same. Even the buildings in the background were somewhat similar. There is no way you're telling me those were supposed to be two different buildings.
    ~

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Then, the answer is that it was the same but it was different. Meaning, they were too lazy to design a new one so they copied the one from that old episode, thinking their audience, which is of course entirely composed of 7-year-olds and not a single older person, wouldn't know the difference anyway.

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ares Vallis
    Posts
    5,311

    Default

    And that's why they suck. The fact that Pocket Monsters is a children's show does not excuse such a revolting disregard for continuity.
    ~

  8. #58

    Default

    Decent episode. Zenigame did need the chance more then any of Haruka's other pokemon(Gonbe and Wakashamo just got their battles recently, Eievui gets one next week), so while Wakashamo would have made more sense, Zenigame got it.

    I thought it was definitely better then the average filler episode, and I enjoyed the theme that played during the Zenigame vs. Hassamu battle.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,885

    Default

    Kuwabara, in case you're unaware, that thing's going to appeal in the next episode, and it appealed in Gonbe's battle episode. It appealed in nearly every contest thus far, actually, and it's been shoved down out throats many a time, especially near the beginning of Battle Frontier. Did you ever stop to think maybe there's a reason it's been out of the picture lately? And yes, there're Pokemon plenty more deserving of glorification than it. In case you forgot, Gonbe lost its recent battle, and Wakashamo's nowhere near used enough for being Haruka's starter. Hell, even Eievui could've used a battle before its contest.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    I mean barely a few minutes passed between fighting Sceptile and it fighting Squirtle.
    I don't think there was any specific indication of time there. For all we know, Hassamu could've been given a nice break before it battle Zenigame. And whether or not the win was realistic, my beef with it is that they let that stupid turtle redeem its loss from earlier in the episode. They could've omitted that battle altogether or, if they must teach that girl a lesson, use a different Pokemon for god's sake. The damned thing's been asking for a loss since it was cheaply glorified in Yamabuki. It finally gets a f***in' loss, it should've kept that loss, let it get yet another win (because you just know the writers would give it another one eventually) in a later episode against a different opponent. Nope, it rematches the opponent that beats it.... I really hate whichever of the writers are favoring it so much, and I pray to god that whoever they are, they aren't the same ones who were making Battle Frontier good. I wanna curse someone's name, not even that out with appraisal.
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 4th March 2006 at 12:35 PM.

    Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

    I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Somewhere Beyond the Barricade
    Posts
    4,408

    Default

    People saying that Scizor was undertrained- Hyper Beam is not an easy move to master. Only fuly evolved pokemon can use it, and that Scizor had certainly got it down to perfection. I realise that Donohan learnt it straight away, but he's hardly a weakling!
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

    Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

    The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, Ihng-Land
    Posts
    5,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    That song was listed in the ending credits. It's titled "Watashi, Makenai! ~Haruka no Teema~" (I, won't lose! ~Haruka's Theme~).
    Ahh, so its an original piece of music then? Very interesting indeed. I hope they decide to make more pieces like this in the future, instead of just relying on the opening/ending lyrics from time to time. It was a really nice touch.

    Incidentaly Yamato, was there any indication as to who the singer was? I was listening to that particular scene earlier this morning, and it sounds somewhat like Kaori's voice. Would be awesome if it was her, as I've wanted to hear her singing voice for quite some time now.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    All this Squirtle discussion is crowding out other things...like Ash & co scrambling into TR's balloon and making them follow Scizor. This is the first time they've done anything like that.

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  13. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    Kuwabara, in case you're unaware, that thing's going to appeal in the next episode, and it appealed in Gonbe's battle episode. It appealed in nearly every contest thus far, actually, and it's been shoved down out throats many a time, especially near the beginning of Battle Frontier. Did you ever stop to think maybe there's a reason it's been out of the picture lately? And yes, there're Pokemon plenty more deserving of glorification than it. In case you forgot, Gonbe lost its recent battle, and Wakashamo's nowhere near used enough for being Haruka's starter. Hell, even Eievui could've used a battle before its contest.
    I'm very aware of that.

    Appeal != fight. Yes, Gonbe lost, but it also got a win in the same episode, and Wakashamo just had two wins only 3 episodes ago. Has Zenigame even won since beating Harley?

    I certainly do wish that Wakashamo got more screentime, but it doesn't get completely ignored, and Zenigame is the Pokemon of Haruka's that had gone the longest without a win(excluding Eievui who will get at least one and maybe two next week).

    Although I wish Wakashamo was the one to face Hassamu, I'm willing to accept Zenigame being the one, especially since it had the earlier loss to redeem.

  14. #64
    Ashi-chan Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Incidentaly Yamato, was there any indication as to who the singer was? I was listening to that particular scene earlier this morning, and it sounds somewhat like Kaori's voice. Would be awesome if it was her, as I've wanted to hear her singing voice for quite some time now.
    I thought the same thing, and when the end credits came up I checked. It is indeed Kaori singing the song. I liked it. Very cool, and I like Haruka's singing voice. ^.^;;

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Contemplating the inevitable
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    All this Squirtle discussion is crowding out other things...like Ash & co scrambling into TR's balloon and making them follow Scizor. This is the first time they've done anything like that.
    i agree, that was funny. especially the pic about it you posted in the anime caption thread

    one paticular moment was when ash was glaring angrily at james, who was hugging jesse around the waist XD!
    You never were there....but you never were here, either...
    This the Prince Manaphy, my bishie. *hugs*
    Thanks to Coronis for the Manaphy sprite and ~*SeijisSeviper*~ for the Anti-Manaphy!

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ares Vallis
    Posts
    5,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    All this Squirtle discussion is crowding out other things...like Ash & co scrambling into TR's balloon and making them follow Scizor. This is the first time they've done anything like that.
    One of the few things I was able to enjoy about this episode.
    ~

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,885

    Default

    Geodude, I'm probably the one with the strongest opinion against Zenigame's treatment in this episode (and Haruka's Zenigame in general), yet I'm the one who brought up Rocket Dan's balloon in the first place. It should be a matter of people multi-tasking in their posts, really. In my first post alone, I brought up several things worth discussion, like how f***ed up the whole wind-riding thing was. Speaking of that post, I commented on Luna's unconcern for collateral damage, but I just remembered that, apparently, she owns the entire building, not just the mansion on top of it, so she'd only really be damaging her own window (but man, I can't help but ask what is up with most anime aristocrats. Not only are they capable of affording a mansion with acres of garden surrounding it in Tokyo, a city where land is friggin expensive, but they can also equip themselves with military technology ranging from missiles to spy satellites).

    Quote Originally Posted by KuwabaraTheMan
    I'm very aware of that.

    Appeal != fight. Yes, Gonbe lost, but it also got a win in the same episode, and Wakashamo just had two wins only 3 episodes ago. Has Zenigame even won since beating Harley?

    I certainly do wish that Wakashamo got more screentime, but it doesn't get completely ignored, and Zenigame is the Pokemon of Haruka's that had gone the longest without a win(excluding Eievui who will get at least one and maybe two next week).

    Although I wish Wakashamo was the one to face Hassamu, I'm willing to accept Zenigame being the one, especially since it had the earlier loss to redeem.
    Even if it never really participated in battles, it still got plenty of glorification after that cheap win against Harley. Aside from appearing in nearly every damn appeal, there was also that episode where it learned Rapid Spin. And why the hell would it need to redeem that loss? Given what I was saying earlier, it needed it after the way the writers were favoring it.
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 5th March 2006 at 8:46 AM.

    Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

    I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    I don't know what's more detestable. Squirtle or you.
    Please tell me, I won´t be able to sleep until I know it

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    [shrugs] Meh. Here's hoping you end banned for user-bashing and/or enciting flame wars real soon.
    Why do you get angry, Yamato-chan?, the flamboyant sissy uses "chan" to call his beloved Pokémon, you should be honored

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    Quote Originally Posted by KuwabaraTheMan
    I'm very aware of that.

    Appeal != fight. Yes, Gonbe lost, but it also got a win in the same episode, and Wakashamo just had two wins only 3 episodes ago. Has Zenigame even won since beating Harley?

    I certainly do wish that Wakashamo got more screentime, but it doesn't get completely ignored, and Zenigame is the Pokemon of Haruka's that had gone the longest without a win(excluding Eievui who will get at least one and maybe two next week).

    Although I wish Wakashamo was the one to face Hassamu, I'm willing to accept Zenigame being the one, especially since it had the earlier loss to redeem.
    Even if it never really participated in battles, it still got plenty of glorification after that cheap win against Harley. Aside from appearing in nearly every damn appeal, there was also that episode where it learned Rapid Spin. And why the hell would it need to redeem that loss? Given what I was saying earlier, it needed it after the way the writers were favoring it.
    Do you still upset for Yamabuki Contest?, sheesh, the guy finally beat Haruka, get over it
    The problem here is the fact that you want to EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF THIS FORUM hate Haruka´s Squirtle just because you hate it, it´s like nobody would like it or say something good about it just because you have a 100 pages-speech about your bias against it and FORCIBLY wants to EVERYONE hate it.
    Well, if you gonna put like this every time that Haruka´s Squirtle breaths then I´ll be rooting for Thursday´s episode to see you crying about Squirtle´s appeal

  19. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san
    like how f***ed up the whole wind-riding thing was.
    Actually, if my understanding is accurate, then that was actually a good example of the use of real physics.

    My understanding is, because the buildings are so close together, even small gusts of wind are accellerated to high speeds. It's Urban Canyon weather.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    16,219

    Default

    Ok PEople...enough, if you want to continue bashing May's Squirtle then do it in another thread, this is just for discussion of THIS EPISODE.

    If you continue you'll be warned

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    This episode looks interesting. I just saw the episode pictures. A trainer called Hiroshi have a Poliwag challenges the Red Inuzama in a battle, it tries to use Water Gun but actually it attacks Poliwag with a Hyper Beam but after it leaves, Poliwag's face is covered with black marks, the same as the other trainers' Pokemon and May's Squirtle too. Ash and the others know that the Red Inuzama is actually a Scizor. Then Ash's Sceptile challenges Luna's Scizor in a battle at the buliding. Finally Sceptile defeats Scizor with a Leaf Blade. So as May's Squirtle challenges Scizor too. It also wins.
    Last edited by ~Flareon~; 6th March 2006 at 12:15 PM.


    Credits to Arceus Master and Aragornbird of Arkeis.com for my banner, the image
    |My Pokemon games I have now: FireRed, Emerald and Diamond|
    |My 4 top favourite Pokemon characters: Ash, Pikachu, May and Hikari|
    |Bishie: Flareon from Pokemon| Cartoon Bishie: Scooby-Doo|


  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bollywood
    Posts
    1,132

    Default

    Well this was an alright episode. The beginning was great though. Plus with the new opening it made it look really amazing but then died out later on.

    Sceptile sure was cool when he was climbing the buildings. There was no Manene in this ep!

    That's pretty much all I have to say for this episode.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    Well, finally saw the episode and noted some relevant points for me:

    *Finally, a city, it was some time since the last city episode, the gang always ended in an island, a village, a forest or a beach, even the Battle Facilities were apart from civilization
    *Haruka giving Pokéblocks to her Pokémon was a point to her, a thing that a respectable co-ordinator has to do, it has been a long time since she used her Pokéblock case
    *Did you noted the Ranma ˝-style mega jump the characters did from Team Rocket´s balloon to the penthouse?
    *Sceptile/Scizor battle was awesome, a show of how the envoriment use can be approached in a city too
    *Luna should sell her device to Bill Gates, she could make a bigger fortune
    *Squirtle/Scizor battle was sweet, Haruka using her co-ordinator skills in battle was great

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter Hunter Sohrab
    There was no Manene in this ep!
    Yeah I thought that was really odd. It never even came out for the motto.

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Location: Location:
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Yeah I thought that was really odd. It never even came out for the motto.
    I also noticed that, I was waiting for it to come out on the TR motto going "MANENE". -10 points for that episode. Ep wasn't too bad, but was still a bit boring, battle was nice, and May gets her own theme \o/



    End of post.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •