Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Curbing The Crimson Tide! (443)

Finally, a city, it was some time since the last city episode, the gang always ended in an island, a village, a forest or a beach, even the Battle Facilities were apart from civilization
    Last episode was a city episode.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost master
    Last episode was a city episode.
    Oh ... right, my mistake, sorry, I missed that one

Oh ... right, my mistake, sorry, I missed that one
    Yeah but I know what you meant anyway. I was actually really happy with the recent city episodes. Last episode reminded me of early johto/pikachu special. Although this episode had some pointless things in it there were some redeeming qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    She could've learned from a Combusken Fire Spin instead, eh! Who's with me men!?
    Count me in >_<

Just think about how bloody brilliant a Scizor/Combusken battle would be. Unlike Supah Squirtle, Combusken is naturally agile, and whether it went hand-to-hand(Breloom vs. Combusken owned all) or just sent flames reeling at Scizor, it would've looked a lot cooler and a lot more impressive. I see Geodude's point, but honestly, we've seen more than enough of the nuisance. Something wrong with Munchlax, Eevee, or Combusken? Plus, how on earth is Munchlax going to fulfill its role of advertisement if it's being upstaged by dear little Squirtle? =0

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Why this pokemon is automatic
    It's systematic
    It's hydromatic
    Why it's RED lightning

Cool they kept the name
    wow this place really dropped off in activity huh.

The girl who owns Red Lightning, (which they stopped calling Red Lightning when its cape came off), Luna, lives on what looks exactly like the skyscraper-top mansion from the Hypno/Drwozee episode from Season 1.

Yeah, and the lake resembles the one in that episode, and the girl with the Chansey was in that episode as well.

Just saw this in the US. This episode was great. The beginning was kinda freaky. Red Lightning's owner really annoyed me to no end. It was great to see Scizor get KOed by Sceptile (I know it's mean, but I can't stand people like her although I do feel a LITTLE bad for her). At least she learned her lesson.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

That episode was just on cartoon network! The fact that the scizor man was really just a scizor was unexpected!

Cross over to the golden side...

credit goes to milotic111 for the awesome tc
    [IMG]http://i6.*******.com/243nwgm.jpg[/IMG]
    Say 'ello to ma little friend! (made by sapphireL, thanx baby!)

That episode was OK, I guess. I got all hyped up when I noticed Scizor and Sceptile were going to fight. But when I saw it the fight was to short. And stupid. Scizor and Sceptile could fly because of the wind? What the fudge? Why can't I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by villimaster View Post
    Scizor and Sceptile could fly because of the wind? What the fudge? Why can't I do that?
    Because you're not a cartoon character.

Anyway, loved this episode. Nice spotlight for both Sceptile and May, especially considering both will only be around for a bit longer.

i sure wish they could've done an english vocal of i won't lose in this episode, just like how the last episode did an english vocal for Polk O Dolka! oh well, but at least they kept in some of the BGM intact

This episode was actually pretty original and clever. One thing that bothers me is that they never really explained how or why that Scizor was scribbling all over the Pokemons' faces, Jigglypuff-style. How could it hold a marker in those claws? O_o
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2wh3vpw.png[/IMG]
    Thank you, SapphireL.

I can BREAK these cuffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Horn Drill View Post
    This episode was actually pretty original and clever. One thing that bothers me is that they never really explained how or why that Scizor was scribbling all over the Pokemons' faces, Jigglypuff-style. How could it hold a marker in those claws? O_o
    And what was on its eye? A scope lens? And why were the winds in that town so strong? And who's voice was it that people thought was Scizor's? It sure wasn't that little girl. "Kay". They needed to explain more.

This episode was good untill mays squirtle beat scizor with one rapid spin then i got kinda ******, but i was a pretty good episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawz View Post
    This episode was good untill mays squirtle beat scizor with one rapid spin then i got kinda ******, but i was a pretty good episode.
    It struck it right in its neck consecutively, what exactly was wrong with that?

It's really annoying that people complain EVERY single time Squirtle beats a Pokemon. Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by villimaster View Post
    And what was on its eye? A scope lens? And why were the winds in that town so strong? And who's voice was it that people thought was Scizor's? It sure wasn't that little girl. "Kay". They needed to explain more.
    According to earlier in the thread it's a targeting mechanism. Why you'd need one for Swift I don't know...

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

yawn, a Molly rip-off. I think the jigglypuff repeat was supposed to be a clue to let you know Red-Lightning's controlled by a kid. I WONDERED where I had seen that mansion before... oh well. Loved the team up with TR. So, is Red Lightning suppposed to be that shadowy figure from the Advanced Battle opening? I mean, I heard that was Mewtwo but it would make more sense to use someone actually in this arc.

That couldn't be the same building from "Hypno's Naptime" (or whatever it was called), because this was a different city.

The Jigglypuff throwback got my hopes up for nothing. But it's good that we had an episode with a strong and cool Scizor. The last time we saw one was briefly in that episode with Drake in Advanced Battle, and it got whooped by Torkoal. The overuse of Hyper Beam was kind of bland, though. =/
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2wh3vpw.png[/IMG]
    Thank you, SapphireL.

I can BREAK these cuffs!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    It struck it right in its neck consecutively, what exactly was wrong with that?

It's really annoying that people complain EVERY single time Squirtle beats a Pokemon. Jesus.
    Though in this particular case it's the fact that Squirtle redeemed it's loss that it should have kept, i agree with what everyone else said they should of had May use a different pokemon to battle Scizor with instead.

People have a reason to complain though, most of the battles Squirtle gets into it wins through cheap methods, plus it has a tendancy to upstage other pokemon when it has no business doing so.

*sighs*...How I do miss the days with that little annoying Jigglypuff.

But beyond my senseless ramblings, it was an okay episode. Oh and before I forget!

Squirtle, YOU GOT KNOCKED THE **** OUT!

Now Luna...another little girl with wealth. I get so sick of that crap! And even though I really hate May's Squirtle for many friggin reasons, the second battle was a pretty good one.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Sure had a spam on hyper beams today.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

i had been looking forward to this episode since the japanese one was aired. while it was decent, i was expecting a much longer battle between Sceptile and Scizor. its a shame too.....that Red Lighting costume looked really hot. (also think they should have referred it as "The Red Lighting". the article would have made it sound better.)

also they could have done alot with this....give it a different back story and have Ash and Co. run in to it for a few episodes. back to back episodes or an appearance ever couple of episodes....either would have been fine. shame to see such a cool concept go.

So, is Red Lightning suppposed to be that shadowy figure from the Advanced Battle opening? I mean, I heard that was Mewtwo but it would make more sense to use someone actually in this arc.
    even with that logic, it's not plausible. this is the only time we see the Red Lighting so why put him in an intro, in a season he's not in, if he is not that important. (course there is always the theory that he might have been planed to give him a big role but it was latter scrapped. i give that a 5% chance of being true.)

Signature created by myself
    Gardevoir pic artist: ~sirnight

Mega Man Battle Network Sig Project.

Quote Originally Posted by cassius335 View Post
    According to earlier in the thread it's a targeting mechanism. Why you'd need one for Swift I don't know...
    Well, Swift has missed a bunch of times in the anime, so that can excuse that I suposse.

Ok, this was definetly a rip of Celadon's mainframe structure. That is the same hedge maze as the one in "Hypno's Naptime" and the same lake and girl!

Why did the freaking Poliwag have to get beaten It would've whooped Red Lightning's *** if the writer's weren't so "the only cute pokemon that can win are May's do you hear me? MAYYYY!!! 0111001111"

May's Squirtle is starting to annoy the heck out of me. Between it's repititive contest appeals and that stupid stance, I just want to tear it's head off!

Anyway, good episode. Sure, whatever. Go take a look at the pokemon in the Center that were beaten and the pokemon before the contest in "What I Did For Love". Awful lot of pokemon that the main characters own.

~*~Made by Me~*~

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast