Thread: The Time has Come (song-fic, one-shot)

Default The Time has Come (song-fic, one-shot)

Well, due to requests from the other one-shot, here's a song-fic you're sure to love. This is based on the song The Time has Come as seen in the title. If you are vulnerable to touching stories or is an Ash and Pikachu fan, tissues are needed. Enjoy!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Time has Come

Ash Ketchum walked into the forest that once held a secret pack of Pikachu many years ago, back when he was on his journey. His best buddy, a yellow rodent with a lighting-bolt-shaped tail, stripes on its back, and electrical sacs hidden in his red cheeks on its face, a Pikachu, was walking along-side him silently.

They've been friends for many, many years and Ash was an elder. His once onyx-colored, messy hair had now become longer and gray and he had grown a beard. His chocolate brown eyes have become duller as he aged and he's grown very fatigued.

I close my eyes
    And I can see
    The day we met
    Just one moment and I knew
    You're my best friend
    Do anything
    For you

Ash was diagnosed with cancer and was close to his death-bed. His pal had also gotten old, but there was nothing wrong with him internally. Pikachu was healthy, but upon closer inspection, one could see he was becoming slowly blind. As Ash kept on walking, his precious memories of him and his buddy returned in a great amount of detail as if they happened just yesterday. Oh yes. They were very precious...

Ash winced in pain and ceased his walking. Pikachu, sensing his master's pain, gazed worriedly up at him with the little vision he had left, afraid Ash's knee cancer was taking over him again. He chirped in the language only Ash understood. <You okay friend?> he asked quietly.

"I'm fine," Ash muttered half-truthfully. He continued his gait further into the forest with only his rodent and the late-afternoon sun to keep him company as the memories returned faster than normal.

We've gone so far
    And done so much
    And I feel
    Like we've always been together
    Right by my side
    Through thick and thin
    You're a part of my life
    I'll always remember

One of them was when Ash and his friends, his current wife, Misty, who was a red-head tom-boy with bright aqua eyes then, and Brock, a teen who dreamed of becoming a breeder, found a wild pack of Pikachu near where he was. Jessie, a red-headed woman with piercing blue eyes and a bratty attitude, James, a lilac-haired man with lime-green eyes that bored menacingly into other peoples' and Meowth, a cream-colored cat with a gold coin on its forehead who could walk and talk like a normal human, members of an evil organization led by a nasty, merciless man named Giovanni, called Team Rocket, they tried to capture the Pikachu, but failed.

Ash noticed that Pikachu had grown attached to the others, so shaken with sobs, he made his decision to leave Pikachu there and ran off, his short memories of him returning in a flash. On the hill, he heard a tiny voice and turning around, he caught Pikachu in his arms, embracing him in a hug. This signaled to him they were best of pals and vowed to himself never to let him go.

Today, however, Ash wanted to do something for Pikachu once last time before he would pass away unexpectantly. He told Misty a little bit about his plan for Pikachu, but didn't give it all away. He wanted it a secret from everyone, including Pikachu.

The time has come
    It's for the best, I know it
    Who could have guessed that you and I
    Somehow, someday
    We have to say good-bye

Another memory came when Pikachu had forgotten its memory back in the Hoenn region where they met May, a brunette who faced her fear of Pokemon on her journey along with her little brother, Max, who was as smart as a PokeDex and encyclopedia mixed. Meowth found him after he ran off, confused, and slyly told him he was a part of Team Rocket. Because poor Pikachu forgot everything about Ash, he believed Meowth.

When Ash found him with Team Rocket, he desperately tried to restore his memory, but the damage had been done. However, when Pikachu fell into a near-by raging river, it hit its head and was knocked unconscious as the memories miraculously came back. Ash then had heroically dove in to save him and was glad Pikachu was back to normal.

Pikachu glanced up again at his dying master and frowned. He knew Ash's time was nearly up and it wouldn't be long before he'd pass on. The doctors said sixteen months was how long he would live and seventeen has passed. Yes, Ash was strong, but by the looks of it, maybe he wasn't at all.

You helped me find
    The strength inside
    And the courage
    To make my dreams come true
    How will I find
    Another friend
    Like you

The best one Ash could remember was his first day as a Trainer and when they met for the very first time. Pikachu then had loathed him and didn't bother to obey him. But then, Ash angered a flock of Spearow and Pikachu was pecked close to death. Encountering Misty, he took her bike and it started to pour with heavy rain with an electrical storm included along. He didn't get very far for the ground became slippery and Ash crashed.

The Spearow then found them and Pikachu watched as Ash stupidly, but bravely, stood in front of the advancing Pokemon, ready to protect his only Pokemon. Pikachu felt his owner's love and with the last of its strength leaped in front and with help from the storm, unleashed a powerful Thundershock, scaring away the Spearow.

Since that fateful day, Ash had thanked his friend often for saving his life. His wife and children wondered why he didn't do that that morning, but let him go off into the woods with Pikachu alone.

So yes, there were sad memories that came back, but at the end of each of them, they got better. Today, however, it wouldn't. Maybe it would for Pikachu, but not for him.

Of course, what choice did he have?

Good to all kind
    That's what we are
    And it seems
    Like we were always winning
    For as our team
    Is torn apart
    I wish we could go
    Back to the beginning

Finally Ash stopped near a rotten stump where they had remembered seeing some wild Pikachu. His companion looked around, sniffing the air. A familiar odor still lingered, but the Pikachu were long gone. They had left to avoid encountering with more humans.

Ash bent down as much as he could and patted Pikachu's head. "You remember this place, do you?" he whispered.

Pikachu nodded. <Yes. It still looks the same when we last left it.>

"Do you know why we're here?"

<Not really,> he squeaked out a lie. Pikachu knew what was going to happen, but it was a question.

Was he going to let him go?

The time has come
    It's for the best, I know it
    Who could have guessed that you and I
    Somehow, someway
    We have to say good-bye

Pikachu faced his master for the last time, tears in his eyes.

"Good-bye old pal," Ash said quietly, giving him a hug. Pikachu returned it, waiting for his thanks. But it didn't come.

Ash slowly got up, gazed at his friend one last time with strangely no tears in his eyes, and walked away. Pikachu didn't dare go after him. He knew it was for the best. He'd rather be free then watch a friend struggle with death and mourn.

But he was going to anyway. He'd find out eventually. Pikachu would visit the graveyards everyday to look for his master's name and try and feel his presense if he lost his vision completely beforehand. If Pikachu did find Ash's tombstone or presense as a spirit, he would know he had passed on.

Pikachu waited for Ash to disappear over the same hill he had decided to stay with his companion and then walked off in the opposite direction for a new home in the wilderness where he was born at and would soon die.

"Good-bye Pikachu," a young boy's voice pierced and echoed through-out the forest, filled with sadness with tears mixed in. "Good-bye pal. Thank you for everything."

Pikachu looked back to see if Ash was visible again. For a minute, however, he saw a young boy in an official Pokemon League hat, a blue jacket with a dark green shirt underneath, jeans, tennis shoes, green gloves and short, messy ebony hair, his dark eyes filled with tears of joy that trickled down his face that had ziz-zag shapes on each cheek. When Pikachu blinked, the boy was gone.

Choking on his tears, Pikachu called back, hoping Ash could hear, <Good-bye Ash, old friend! I'll never forget you!> Then he ran off into the woods, tears pouring from his oculars and dissolving into the setting sun's rays.

The time has come. Time for a new life. A new life back home in the wilderness, forever free.

Somehow, today
    We have to say good-bye

Forever...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I would like to thank Brian Powell for inspiring me to create song-fic one-shots back before I became a member. If I didn't read them, then this wouldn't have existed.

I do not own Pokemon nor the song. The song was sung by Martee Lebowe and not made up from a teenager's mind.

Thank you for reading this new one-shot. Opinions are required. Thanks for reading!
    ~~~~~~~~
    ♥Kutie Pie♥ Please be kind to midgets!
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

*Feels a little shaky* Wow... this is actually... very good. Graphically and grammatically, this is beautifully done. The flow and the mood got me slightly emotional but I didn’t cry, maybe some other readers can do that for me.

The lyrics fit in with the story. Every time I hear that song, I get emotional and such.

The history between those two shows that friendships can last forever, no matter what happens. Even though for a fact a close friend can’t be there forever, they’ll always be there in spirit...

The moments that I liked:
    But he was going to anyway. He'd find out eventually. Pikachu would visit the graveyards everyday to look for his master's name and try and feel his presense if he lost his vision completely beforehand. If Pikachu did find Ash's tombstone or presense as a spirit, he would know he had passed on.
    Choking on his tears, Pikachu called back, hoping Ash could hear, <Good-bye Ash, old friend! I'll never forget you!> Then he ran off into the woods, tears pouring from his oculars and dissolving into the setting sun's rays.

The time has come. Time for a new life. A new life back home in the wilderness, forever free.
    Somehow, today
    We have to say good-bye
    *Feels a bit shaky again* Whoo...

Overall score: 5/5

PS: I’m flattered that I inspire you. Thank you.
    Last edited by Brian Powell; 10th March 2006 at 2:56 PM.
    Reviewing conditions / Livejournal / Twitter

Check these out:

Thanks for the card, Skiks
    Pokemon Impact (PG13):
    Series: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 (Cancelled)

Starring Black Jack, a veteran pokemon trainer who saves the lives of others while breaking necks of his enemies in cold blood. You want action? You got action!
    (If you want to see Pokemon Impact 4 be rewritten, PM me and tell me why.)

Goldenrod High (Chaptered Comedy Multishipping fic PG13) Updated: 02/12/09
    Who says school is just for learning? ^^

Check out my other stories, and everyone else's in the Completed Fics forum!

Oh my goodness... I could only just hold back tears. (I am in the middle of a Librarry. *looks around to check no one noticed* )

Very nice, Kutie Pie! This is a very sweet, sad little one shot. I think the end was the best, for in the middle you kinda got a little to descriptive with the flash backs. But that doesn't matter.

I did see a little typo, where you put once instead of one. Just a little one, nothihng to worry about.

Well done! *gives cookie and sniffs*

Floating over your rocky spine
    The glaciers made you and now you're mine

[img]http://oi49.*******.com/fo18jd.jpg[/img]
    Pair: duncan | Lyrics: Great Lake Swimmers | Art: ejunknown | Banner: Me | Brush Credit

OH THANK YOU WONDERFUL VIEWERS! Especially from my other one-shot! *hugs*

Brian Powell: Shaky, eh? Signs you're close to tears, mate! Or maybe you did... *hugs* Well, thank you for your compliment! When I first typed this, I was near tears seeing as my heart was struck with sadness. And I typed it in Keyboarding for extra credit and my teacher loved it as well. And I'm glad you have favorite moments. And you're very welcome you've inspired me! Expect to see more of this! (Not as sad I'm sure.) Thanks again dear! *hugs*

katiekitten: YAY! COOKIE! *eats* Mmm...Fanks! *hugs* Looks like I touched one person's heart! Shame you're in a library. My friend has to go there for the Internet, but enough about that. Yeah...it was a sad one-shot. This one's probably my favorite. And I noticed I did the lyrics wrong I think...AND DANG IT! An error. Oh well. I'm not sure if I did the Pikachu getting amnesia part right seeing as I didn't see the episode. And the ending part was the one I started to cry at. And the flashbacks...I'm not sure if I was supposed to put a lot of description in it but...Oh well. Thanks for reviewing! *hugs*

Here's some tissues and fat brownies for you all seeing as I ran out of cake mix. And ice cream seeing as my brothers ate it. *hands and group hugs* Thank you for reviewing. Bet I told you in my other one-shot about this, eh? Thanks again!

~~~~~~~~~~
    * Kutie Pie * Please be kind to midgets!
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

blossom Guest

Wooow... that's all I can say! This is a truly beautiful piece of work... it almost made me cry (which is quite something... I usually never, ever cry from reading or watching movies or anything of the sort)! The way you described everything was just wonderful, and just overall... so sad! I could just see Pikachu right there, very clearly, at the end, running away with tears flowing out of his eyes. It left me quite shaky when I was through reading. Oh man, you should really write more.

This is good. Really, really. I look forward to reading more of your work. ^_^

I don't usually read fic's, but that was excellent! I know who's name to look out for from now on!

Very good Kutie Pie! Very sad, but good! I bet his other Pokemon would be sad also. Another thing is that the lyrics fits the story perfectly. Also, I liked how you put the description of the past epsiodes. When reading through the description where you wrote about how Ash almost left his Pikachu to be with the wild Pikachus, I was thinking of that epsiode and remembered how I thought Pikachu is going to be gone but instead Pikachu stays! Also the description of the very first Pokemon episode where Ash sees Pikachu for the first time brought back great memories! Very funny episode! Anyways, hope to see more of your work!

FFnet | Author's Profile| Archive of Our Own | Banner: Umi Mizuno
    I'm still writing, but probably not much Pokemon stuff at the moment. HAM!

Russian May is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oh, my! That's so sad... I'm crying... Marvellous work!

ARGH! STUPID COMPUTER! I would've replied to your posts sooner but...DUMB COMPUTER! DIE!

And...OHMIGOSH! FOUR REVIEWERS!

blossom: Aw, you almost cried? And you rarely cry, eh? I gave you a big change then. *hugs* And yeah, the image of Pikachu still lingers. And it's meant to be sad. And you were shaky at the end too, eh? Aw, poor thing. Well, thanks for replying! Expect more song-fic one-shots and a fic coming...ah soon. Don't know when, but soon. Thanks again dear! *hugs*

DriveshafT: Hallo DriveshafT! Welcome to the thread! *hugs* Looks like I made you change your mind so you can read fics now, eh? Hee hee. And yep! Look for my new fic coming soon! Hope to see you there! Thanks for replying! *hugs*

Bay: Aw, thank you for the compliment! *hugs* Yeah, his Pokemon would be sad too if they haven't passed away or were released. And the lyrics...some of the words are wrong. I need to fix them soon. And the descriptions... thanks for complimenting on that! Brought back an old memory, eh? And yeah, expect more of my work. Thank you dear! *hugs*

Russian May: Aw...you're crying...*hugs* I warned you! If you were very emotional or is a big Ash and Pikachu fan, you'd have tissues. Hope you did. Well thanks! Expect more work. Hopefully they wouldn't be too sad. *hands tissue and hugs*

For all of the new reviewers... *hands big fat brownie to each reviewer and tissue* ...and a big group hug! *group hugs* Thanks for replying everyone!

~~~~~~~~
    I survived Pupa.

*sniffle* Excellent job there, you! I congratulate you on the glorious ability to stir up emotions so quickly in your readers. Congratulations once again.

The slight problem with it is the run-on sentences of description in the flashbacks. Especially the one about Team Rocket. It just bothered me there.

Other than that, it was a great one-shot song-fic.

Kutie Pie

THAT WAS SO BEAUITFUL my dad real does have cancer so that did move me to tears i made sure noone was down stairs so they don't see me crying.

HALLO NEW REVIEWERS!

Rihana: Aw, thank you! *hugs* Aw dang it! I thought I had run-on sentences. And I made people very emotional quickly? Wow. That's new. Well, thank you again! *hugs*

Demy: I didn't expect you here Demy. And your dad has cancer?! OH MY GOSH! I'M SO SORRY! *gives big bear hug* Poor thing. I didn't know. And you cried... *sniff* Now you're making me cry too. Thank you for reviewing, Demy. And I hope your dad gets better soon. Thank heaven for keimo therapy. I know a man in my church who suffered through cancer, but he's gotten better. Thanks again dear. *hugs*

Here's brownies and tissues (especially for you Demy). *hands brownies and tissues* And a big group hug. *group hugs* Thanks for reviewing! *secretly hugs Demy*

~~~~~~~~~~
    I survived Pupa.

Ooooh........such a beautiful piece, I can't say much more.....

I've a soft spot for songfics and this one takes the wedding cake, the tray, and the entire chapel. Reminded me a bit of "Pikachu's Goodbye" when I first opened it, difference being that I hated that episode and I absolutely love this.

14/10. Stopping at ten just doesn't do it justice.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 14: Goldenrod City Under Siege (Part 1)
    Next: Goldenrod City Under Siege (Part 2)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog