Thread: Weekday Pokemon???

Default Weekday Pokemon???

I posted this in another forum, but I'm interested to see what evryone here had to say about it..

Why do you think KidsWB cancelled their cartoons? Do you think after CW forms, it will come back???

Sadly, it was the FCC's doing, the evil buggers. They severely limited the time that networks can advertise to children, and that means commercials during kids tv.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Ah, yes, it's all about advertisement...

It stinks now that if I miss an episode on Saturday, that's it, I can only hope to aquire it online. I enjoyed watching the reruns as well and I was hopping CN would start the Advance season soon but it looks like they have dropped Pokemon all together.

Yes I miss the weekday pokemons. Mainly because I still haven't seen the Snorunt capture or Absol episode after I missed it and the tape didn't work.

Geki Guest

It sucks that if I happen to miss an episode on Saturday, I'll never see it again until it comes out on DVD. I'll never see the Mirage Island episode since I missed it because of a concert the night before. I have to wait for Advanced Battle DVD's.

This summer is destined to be nothing but reruns because of Kids' WB! blowing through the season so quickly, so you can just catch the episodes you missed then.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

Have I mentioned recently how much I dislike the FCC?
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

I dislike the FCC too. First, they overreact to "Janet Jackson" and now this. Don't get mad, but I do think the FCC is overreacting to what happened in Houston on 2-1-2004.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Was that "Operation Nipple-gate?" heh...otherwise I got nothing.

What they should do is syndicate reruns of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh. Good shows should always find a home after the final first-run, and syndication is that home.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

What's FCC? Haha uh yeah I don't know if I was supposed to have asked that..

Didn't CW say they were gonna have an afternoon kids block 3-5? I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE!!!!!!!!!

I'll seriously like, cry or something if Pokemon is permanently cancelled =(. I don't have the money to buy the DVDs! Not to mention they take forever to produce those boxed sets of DVDs.

FCC=Federal Communication Comission

So the FCC doesn't like weekday afternoon blocks on networks because the OPSMOD's don't want their little kiddies stuck in front of the boob tube. Man, I hate the OPSMOD's

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

It's not entirely the FCC's fault. It's also the fault of...well, you guys, for not watching the show on weekday afternoons. The weekday block wasn't getting the ratings the Saturday morning block was, and the broadcasters decided they would be better off airing their stuff (usually shows like ER, Fear Factor, and TV talk shows/court shows) than they would be airing kids' programming.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack.

This case is also very similar to the reason why Viz has chosen not to continue on with the Pokémon Special manga. Many people weren't going for it. Not as many as the company wanted.

So once again, you Pokémon fans are to blame for simply just watching Pokémon and nothing else on weekdays. ;\

...Then again, I don't blame you since Kids' WB! has an AWFUL set of shows right now.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

I just wish they would reair the previous saturday episode the next week before the new episode so we can see an episode we may have missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    ...Then again, I don't blame you since Kids' WB! has an AWFUL set of shows right now.
    Yeah, about all I watched on the weekdays were Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Well, considering I work during the week...can't exactly watch Pokemon during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    Yeah, about all I watched on the weekdays were Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh.
    Same for me. I missed the weekday airings of Pokemon. I watched it everyday after school, along with Yu-Gi-Oh!. I was so sad when I heard that they were starting only on the weekends. I can buy the DVDs, but a lot of people either can't afford too or they don't want to spend that much money. It does take a long time for the DVD box sets to come out. How long does it take for them to put out the DVD single volumes of episodes? I heard that it was six months after the episodes air, but that seems too long. Also, what does OPSMOD stand for? I've never heard of it.
    Claims: Yami Yugi[Bishie Thread 2.0] Ashita Tenki ni Shite Okure[Favorite Anime Song Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu
    This summer is destined to be nothing but reruns because of Kids' WB! blowing through the season so quickly, so you can just catch the episodes you missed then.
    I hope they reair the episodes with May entering the Grand Festival. I didn't get the chance to see those episodes because of school related things like sports pratice. A very busy month in February. Also, a little while ago I heard of how WB will not air weekday cartoons no more because of the ratings. It is sad how now not very good sitcoms are replacing the cartoons. Then again, like someone metioned before, some of the cartoons are not that good. Probably the reason the ratings were down because of some of the cartoons that are not that good. It is not easy coming up with good cartoon ideas.

Tumblr | FFnet | Author's Profile| Archive of Our Own | Banner: Umi Mizuno
    I'm still writing, but probably not much Pokemon stuff at the moment. HAM!

So...I'm guessing it won't ever be back?

I swear these days everyone is growing up so fast! I remember ever since I was 6, they'd ALWAYS have afternoon cartoons. Poor kids...

At least I got my BitTorrent to work so I can get SOME episodes...but they take up so much room on my computer. -__-"

<---- CREDITS to Rainbow Latias. Sprites- Pokesho + elite2000

[IMG]http://i1.*******.com/sd07lc.jpg[/IMG]
    Current Fic: Butterfly Lovers (Contestshipping) http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=109994

No, it's not the generic May + Drew fic..

Banner credits to Saffire Persian.

No other network station in the world pisses through a season like Toonami UK does. I think we almost got halfway by halloween.

So, I'm guessing that after they finish this season of pokemon, which is pretty soon, we should be seeing some re-run episodes, am I right? There are some episodes I missed too, especially the ones last saturday. I would still like to see the arrival in lilycove episode, and the contest episode that follows that one. Where can we watch episodes that already aired? Can someone give me a link, please?

I look forward to reruns since I've missed a lot of this and the last season. Either way, once they moved Pokémon to the opening slot of the afternoon schedule, I couldn't see it anymore since I was just coming home from school then.

Oh well, that got me into Transformers. Wild.