Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: why is this chart not on main site

muffineater Guest

Lightbulb why is this chart not on main site

i have seen a chart similar to this in a strategy guide book and i was curious why it wasnt on serebii.net in the game mechanics section or anywhere actually.

http://www.pokemondungeon.com/pkmnchart.htm

but some are not like steel only being super effective agianst ice. when r,s,e gives you meta as a uber makeing you think that it will be really strong

i dont care for the negitive coments ie newbs
    Last edited by muffineater; 7th March 2006 at 11:57 PM. Reason: missing word in original post

I really don't know.

because most of them is simple to know like water beat fire grass beat water and so on.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Too bad newbs don't know the first thing about pokemon, and rely of SPP to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by Locke Yggdrasill
    Too bad newbs don't know the first thing about pokemon, and rely of SPP to help them.
    Actually you'd think that having the battle chart included within site content is standard for pokemon sites.

I'm curious myself.

-Josh

That's a good question. You would think that having a chart like that would almost be a given on a Pokemon Site. :< Why Serebii doesn't have one like it, I dunno. :O Maybe he just never thought about it because he figured everyone would know? Common sense would tell them? *shrugs*
    (image beautifully drawn by pixiv user id #45323)
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/34il6ah.png[/IMG]
    Lelouch is watching over all of us.

Because one comes with the manuals and its just a waste of space on the site

Quote Originally Posted by muffineater
    i have a chart similar to this in a strategy guide book and i was curious why it wasnt on serebii.net in the game mechanics section or anywhere actually.

http://www.pokemondungeon.com/pkmnchart.htm

but some are not like steel only being super effective agianst ice. when r,s,e gives you meta as a uber makeing you think that it will be really strong

i dont care for the negitive coments ie newbs
    The one you showed is awful and hurt my eyes ;o;

The one off netbattle is the best one D: For the new people to pokemon though, it would help. Besides it might as well be covered, despite how well known the chart is. It'd be easy to make and quick as well :/
    The truth is that I'm a bad person. But, that's gonna change - I'm going to change. This is the last of that sort of thing. Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you. The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption, clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die.

muffineater Guest

thank you serebii close if you like
    Last edited by muffineater; 7th March 2006 at 11:42 PM. Reason: edit

Quote Originally Posted by Locke Yggdrasill
    You have just insulted all newbs from now and forever more.

Originally Posted By muffineater
    thank you serebii close if you like
    I think I'll help you by redirecting you to a place where your suggestions are welcome.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=21493

Please be carefull what you post next time, ok?
    3DS FC: 4785-5487-9205

muffineater Guest

thank you as well crazedyanma it was merely an over sight on my part

That's like saying "you can find out what happens in the anime by watching it". The reason for episode guides is that people may not get the show, or prefer to read the guides without watching it. For people who don't have instruction booklets, it's a useful feature. Not to mention one single page on the entire website would be difficult or bandwidth consuming.

Joe, if you're that freaking worried about space, I'll just host it. ._.;

I'm not, I just cant be arsed to make it at this point in time, got shed loads on my plate until end of may

Quote Originally Posted by Crazedyanma
    You have just insulted all newbs from now and forever more.
    lol

It can't be that hard to make one, can it? I mean, I can probably make one on Excel or something in like 5 minutes. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf
    That's like saying "you can find out what happens in the anime by watching it". The reason for episode guides is that people may not get the show, or prefer to read the guides without watching it. For people who don't have instruction booklets, it's a useful feature. Not to mention one single page on the entire website would be difficult or bandwidth consuming.
    Well, IMO, its easier to just look at the instruction booklet anyway... Also, each game (unless you get it used) has a type chart so yeah o.o;
    Pokémon Tournament & League Organizer in Hawaii

Quote Originally Posted by Fox
    Well, IMO, its easier to just look at the instruction booklet anyway... Also, each game (unless you get it used) has a type chart so yeah o.o;
    Some people might not have the instruction bookets though, either from losing them or getting a used game.

Perhaps adding the chart for each generation considering it has changed for each generation (indicating which types are physical and special and the altered resistances on the charts)? I think that would be two charts, one for R/B/Y and one for G/S/C and beyond, and it would be nothing that the server can't handle.

Crazedyamna, I was referring to newbs to pokemon. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery Blaziken
    lol
    Care to further explain instead of putting a simple-minded lol? -_-

Fine Locke Yggdrasill, fine. It just sounded different from that; is all.

And just for the record, I helped the new guy unlike most of you.
    3DS FC: 4785-5487-9205

muffineater Guest

i am not a newb to pokemon only this site as much as i hate the term.
    thanks for the help tho i was just making a suggestion for the site for new people with a used game or lost their manual
    Last edited by muffineater; 8th March 2006 at 2:00 AM. Reason: edit

Quote Originally Posted by Crazedyanma
    Care to further explain instead of putting a simple-minded lol? -_-

Fine Locke Yggdrasill, fine. It just sounded different from that; is all.

And just for the record, I helped the new guy unlike most of you.
    Get off your high horse and stop being a moron. ;/

While there is one in the booklet, it still eludes me as to why a pokemon site doesn't have it in the standard content. There have been a few instances where I've needed it myself, and because of the fact I can't be bothered to look for my booklet/can't fine it/etcetera, it should come as second nature that the "#1 unnofficial pokemon site" has one amongst the rest of the content.

Just sayin'.

-Josh

I think that it makes perfect sense that a pokémon site should have this chart. It's useful information. And not all of the type advantages are common sense... and there are, what, 17 types. That's a lot to memorize. -_-

if you are too lazt to go to another site and look at it for yourself you are a ******* who needs to be shot

Quote Originally Posted by blueguy
    I think that it makes perfect sense that a pokémon site should have this chart. It's useful information. And not all of the type advantages are common sense... and there are, what, 17 types. That's a lot to memorize. -_-
    Yet there are also guidebooks to buy that has them, along with the manuals that everyone else has been mentioning...

Quote Originally Posted by Tamagon The Nintendo Dragon
    if you are too lazt to go to another site and look at it for yourself you are a ******* who needs to be shot
    Now, now, no need to be insulting anyone if they were suggesting something like that chart for the site, and turns out "useless" as some may think.

It may not exactly be common sense to know the types advantages and disadvantages, but there are a lot of other resources for them besides the Internet. It may be easier for some to look in SPP.net or some to look offline like guides, manuals, etc.
    Last edited by Angeling; 8th March 2006 at 4:03 AM.
    [IMG]http://i36.*******.com/1629qpx.jpg[/IMG]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast