Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What I Did for Love! (444)

Quote Originally Posted by ghost master
    Just fixed that.
    thank you, because misspelling Marshstomp repeatedly was getting annoying

anyway, ho-hum, what a predictable outcome.

at least Eevee's decent and had a good reason to win. It did manage to train to learn shadow ball, rather then just pulling it out of it's furry tuckus. Like Squirtle's Ice Beam.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

I'm not too surprised by this. Eevee has been busting it's butt and Marshtomp has sat on his for the past three years. Oy Vey, Brock needs to leave now. I think Tracey did more with his Pokemon than Brock.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    I think Tracey did more with his Pokemon than Brock.
    Tracey had pokemon?

Marill, Venonat, and Scyther.
    Mariru, Conpan, and Strike.
    --------------------

I miss Venonat, so cool....

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    Marill, Venonat, and Scyther.
    Mariru, Conpan, and Strike.
    --------------------

I miss Venonat, so cool....
    I know that

it's just that they've done even less then Brock's pokemon during their time in the limelight...

Marill only heard stuff with it's keen hearing
    Venonat just located pokemon based on it's eyesight
    and Scyther had the scuffle with Charizard in that one filler...

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Suikun
    you still have to take into account that the Eevee just hatched about 10 episodes ago.
    It. Has. Been. Training.

What part of that don't people understand?

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Attack of the babies!

Feh, seriously though, Eievui winning a match is fine with me since it actually has done some legitimate training. I was about to say that maybe the writers learn from their mistakes, but then I laughed at myself.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by PDL
    Tracey had pokemon?
    Lol, that got me to laugh.

Apparently his Marril has been busy making love however, as shown by it's offspring Azurill that Misty is taking care of.

One question remains: Who's the father?

I think Marril was Bonsly version beta. A new Pokemon that premiered in an earlier movie and then joined the cast. And did nothing.

Good news Brock fans!

Brock battles an Absol with Marshtompt, and Brock kicks the crap out of it! He got one impressive win in this episode at least.

Also, the battle between Eevee and Marshtomp was *extremely* close. Brock put up an excellent fight throughout the entire battle, but when the timer ran out, May had more points so she won.

All in all Brock fans should be pleased. And Eevee isn't uber while battling either, so it's win/win!

Shadowcat Guest

Protect? Seriously, Bide, I like.

Now... Marshtomp hasn't been in battle for a LONG time, so naturally, Eevee, who had training off-screen/whatever it's called, would fair much better.

At the choice of moves Eevee has been learning, I predict an Umbreon. If evolution was to happen...

People say Marshtomp had no experience but apparently it was strong enough to evolve and has been around since beginning of Hoenn. Unlike the little Eevee who has just hatched and got a two second training under its belt learning shadow ball. I just wish that if May won Brock used his Bonsly instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost master
    According to bmgf Bonsly uses faint attack. Anyway it seemed obvious Brock would lose but I hope its a close battle. I also hope Eevee doesnt just use dig and shadow ball the entire time. Dig is a cool new move to learn though. I remember everyone saying how bland it is so I'm glad the writers are picking its more unique moves. Also marshtomp learning protect to me doesnt make much of a difference it hardly ever appears so it doenst matter much.
    I'm sure the writers threw in a quick attack or Tackle here and there. And seriously people, what made you think Brock winning would happen!
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

How humiliating for Marshtomp. Why couldn't Bonsly have had its cry-baby *** handed to it while lazy, good-for-nothing Marshtomp just stood in the background as always.

Damn it, I want May's Pokemon to have some limitations! Where's that timid Bulbasaur that grew into a fierce fighter? Where's the scaredy Torchic that evolved into a badass Combusken? **** this "Power in Youth" thing she has going.

I'm just as peeved at Brock's Pokemon. Let's have Bonsly learn a lesson or two while old n' moldly Marshtomp woo's the crowd with only 3 friggin' attacks (works for Squirtle!!!). For kicks, let's give Marshtomp Iron Tail and Bonsly Double Team!

Man, I can't wait to see Ash get his butt kicked at the Battle Tower.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    It. Has. Been. Training.

What part of that don't people understand?
    I realize that, but it is still a relatively small timeframe, especially when considering that even though Marshtomp was seriously out of shape, May also had other coordinators to face. That is, unless they were also out of shape. Eh...it still doesn't bug me nearly as much as the Saffron conference, though that's maybe because I like her Eevee so much better.

XD @ Lilian grabbing Brock's ear and pulling him away from the Joy judge.
    XD again @ Jessie disguised as a beatnik.

I know everyone was impressed with the thick-line animation back in mid-Hoenn, but is anybody else getting a little sick of it now? Maybe it's just not impressive anymore.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Man, I can't wait to see Ash get his butt kicked at the Battle Tower.
    See thats where its wrong. Ash has the good team and has to lose to Anabel (though its understandable) while May strolls along on her jolly little path only losing once to Harley using the pokemon I actually like. May better take another loss and this time Eevee and Squirtle need a huge beating.

It all depends on who they choose for both Ash's and Anabel's team. Sure, by now, after so many battles and nearly as many Psychic Pokemon battles, you'd think there wouldn't be a problem. But they can always pull something out of their asses.

That's why I try to steer clear from that medium. Seeing Ash get a loss at least proves they aren't afraid to do it (about damn time though). I like that whole "Main Character has to struggle" problem. Pokemon needs more of that, so that's why I tend to focus (for now at least) on the concept of losing.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by seizureman
    Unlike the little Eevee who has just hatched and got a two second training under its belt learning shadow ball.
    Wrong. It has been doing serious training offscreen for the past several episodes. How many more times am I going to have to say this?

Ever occur to you that there might be things in the dialogue that you don't know about? The offscreen training has been talked about for some time now.

Well, can I say this wasn't expected?

At least Brock put up a good fight and Eevee didn't totally destroy him. Eevee learned Dig? That's a little...unfitting. Dig is such a dirty move while Eevee should be...prim and clean.

I was WAITING for one of the Main Group's Pokemon to learn Protect. And finally it happens to a Brock Pokemon >.>

Haven't seen pics or the episode in motion yet, so I'll probably post when I see the mentioned things.

Marshtomp is an unsurprising choice to learn Protect though, since it learns it naturally anyway.

And Ash's Snorlax knows Protect, but you probably meant those in the main team.

You have to admit, this scene is adorable:

May = winnar!

I'm really starting to warm up to Eevee, sitting on May's arm like that makes it look so cute!

This is now on my 'most hated' episodes list, though it is a Brock shippers dream episode.

Why AG167 is on my most hated episode list

There is NO way Takeshi should have lost to Haruka. His Numakuroo is more experienced then Haruka Eevee. Blah! GRR!

/me is too upset to post anymore!

Aw c'mon now, didn't we just discuss the whole Marshtomp sucking and Eevee doing offscreen training thing?

I saw pics of this ep on Filb.de and i have to say it looks awesome, despite Brock losing. He did very well i think. I wanted him to win but i didnt expect him to. When i saw Marshtomp kicking butt though i was like oo maybe he'll win. What was with Brock's appeal with Bonsly? I couldnt really get it from the pics. What was Bonsly doing and did it use any new attacks? Also what were those blue orb things Marshtomp shot out, please tell me thats not its Mud Shot attack, seems like Muddy Water. Eevee is so darn cute. I think its cool they gave it Dig and Shadow Ball. It was funny knocking Ash over in the beginning. I hope it gets Quick Attack, just for a normal Eevee move. I liked seeing Raticate and Absol being owned by a trainer is cool. Squirtle appealing again, bleh. It does the same thing everytime, Bubble and Ice Beam combo. Kinda boring me now. The darn thing should evolve seeing how much May uses it, but thats for another time. All in all it was a cool ep. I hope a guide for it comes soon.

Fan of #336 Seviper the Fang Snake Pokemon
    Seviper's sword-like tail slashes enemies and douses them with a horrible poison.
    Seviper shares a life-long, bitter rivalry with Zangoose.
    Evo Line: Seviper
    Fave moveset: Poison Tail, Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower

Banner by me ~RT

Seen pictures:

* The group's reaction to Brock entering = LOL. Priceless moment.
    * A Raticate, ooooh it had a nice appeal with some wood.
    * An Arbok and Manetric cameo!
    * During his appeal Brock noticed the Nurse Joy Judge and he fell in love then Vivian came and pulled him by the ear XD!
    * Brock used Baseballs I think in his appeal, it was pretty nice I guess, a change from the usual appeals we get from Harley, May and Drew.
    * Marshtomp kicked Absol's ***, but we didn't see May's first battle x.x;
    * And technically Marshtomp didn't lose, it just a few points less than Eevee D:

At the end though TR were doing something, anyone know?

But Brock falling in love during his appeal was so LOL.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast